PDA

View Full Version : What's Happening In Your Life?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

VAisForEagleLovers
09-20-2012, 08:01 PM
Bram, hope everything goes OK. My mother went through the process of having her thyroid removed...not a fun thing by far. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

TK, I hope this all pans out for you! You need a job so you can save up for more tickets! Pretty sure that's the only reasons I still work... Oh, and the mortgage. And the car payment. And...

sodascouts
09-20-2012, 08:03 PM
Good luck TK!

Tiffanny Twisted
09-20-2012, 08:33 PM
Bramwen

Prayers and hugs and kove are coming your way.
Please try and stay positve since that is one key in getting well.

Let us know how you are doing
Peace
TT

Topkat
09-20-2012, 09:08 PM
Thanks for the support everyone. It means a lot to me. The job market is very tough these days. There is so much competition for every job out there, especially here in NY, but I can imagine it is tough everywhere these days. It's hard to even get interviews. Even if I get though the first interview, they have already told me that I will have to interview with other people later.
I have to admit that I was not looking that hard over the summer because there wasn't much out there, but now I am back on the job hunt. The AC trip was a treat, but I am so glad that I went! It was so much fun, & how can you pass up a front row seat??? NO WAY

Grey Sadler
09-20-2012, 11:18 PM
:hug: Bramwen & TK

Scary afternoon for students at our other county HS...one of the buses overturned with about 50 kids, 25 or so were taken to hospitals, at least a couple of them had surgery but are stable (details still coming in)...going to be an interesting day at my school tomorrow (northern end of the county but similar terrain in some places)...prayers and well wishes are coveted!!

And speaking of tomorrow...after school and during planning I envision myself plugging in my headphones and hunkering down to grade 3 different labs from 2 classes, plus finishing the major test from this week--gee, wonder who I'll be listening to??

And...I haven't heard from my dad yet...
I think it's time for the headphones NOW...ack ack

zeldabjr
09-21-2012, 01:32 AM
:hug: Bramwen & TK

Scary afternoon for students at our other county HS...one of the buses overturned with about 50 kids, 25 or so were taken to hospitals, at least a couple of them had surgery but are stable (details still coming in)...going to be an interesting day at my school tomorrow (northern end of the county but similar terrain in some places)...prayers and well wishes are coveted!!

And speaking of tomorrow...after school and during planning I envision myself plugging in my headphones and hunkering down to grade 3 different labs from 2 classes, plus finishing the major test from this week--gee, wonder who I'll be listening to??

And...I haven't heard from my dad yet...
I think it's time for the headphones NOW...ack ack

omg...terrible to hear about the bus accident...saying a prayer for everyone...so scary...my great niece was in a bus accident last year on her way to a sporting event for school...luckily she was ok...but it was very scary...and doesn't Eagles music make every chore easier to do?...I know it does for me!

WalshFan88
09-21-2012, 01:39 AM
Bramwen - Hope everything goes well!!!

TK - Good luck.

GS - Oh no! :( That's very sad. I remember something like that happening about an hour away from here several years ago. I hope all do ok and recover from the surgery.

sodascouts
09-21-2012, 04:55 AM
They're in my prayers, GS!

BramwenR
09-21-2012, 05:40 AM
Well, lovely to come home to all these lovely messages, thank you all so much! :grouphug: I must admit I am not looking forward to this procedure on Monday but i prepared myself by looking at it done on YT..it's just the size of the needle throws most people, I guess..I spent the love;iest week in Sydney at a gf's house to help her out with anotehr charity function, was supposed to come home Monday, ended up staying until today! Boy, did she put me to work with writing/photo projects for two of her three daughters!! One of them is a med student and she had a little feel of my goitre..anyway, just want to get it over and done with. Nasty little op, that's for sure :worried:

TK, best of luck with your job hunting, sometimes it is s hard to do but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you something comes along..me too, I have been looking up until a couple of weeks ago but now can't commit until this stuff is sorted out.

Oh, gosh so tragic about the bus accident..so sorry to hear that.

Hey...guess what..my friend bought us some tickets to see Sir Cliff Richard in February!! :partytime::thumbsup: I have SO wanted to see him in concert all these years, we got good seats in the stalls (down on the front section) so, hey...WTG us!!!

Hope everyone has a super day/night, if poss..love to all :love:

Grey Sadler
09-21-2012, 06:12 PM
Good news...the kids from DCHS (the HS that had the bus accident) are all expected to make a full recovery :partytime:...and tonight's their homecoming game, horrible timing but it has brought the students there closer together...our students (DBHS) signed a banner to send to their game...and yes, that's all my 1st block wanted to talk about (one of my girls in class was good friends with the most seriously injured student :worried:)...

And I don't have the foggiest notion what 3 or 4 of the boys in my 3rd block were trying to sing, but I clamped my hands over my ears and tried to belt out "Take it Easy" as loud as I could...while trying to change the gender in the song, that wasn't easy!! :-x:hilarious:

SallyGee
09-21-2012, 07:28 PM
So glad to hear it, GS. Bad news is always sad, but when it involves kids, it just hits harder.

zeldabjr
09-21-2012, 10:14 PM
Glad to hear all the kids will be ok GS!

Grey Sadler
09-21-2012, 10:41 PM
Thanks gang!! :)

The football must have been fired up tonight...DC won their Homecoming game (which says a lot, they haven't had more than one good season in a row since the early 70s when my stepbrother played for that school) :sad:

Even though I teach at DB, I feel awful for these kids, I probably had a good chunk of them about 3 years ago when I did an 8-week interim placement for a teacher on maternity leave (plus, I had older step-siblings that graduated from Crockett)...glad that they are all pulling together as a family (and I hope we can do the same at Boone--but don't have to under those circumstances)...

AND I heard from my dad...they operated on my stepmother's foot, so far ok but a little congested or something with her lungs, he's been sick and trying to get better to drive to...great, I forgot to ask if she's in Augusta or another hospital, duh :brickwall:

Tiffanny Twisted
09-21-2012, 11:12 PM
amY GLAD THE KIDS ARE ALL DOING WELL AFTER THE ACCIDENT.

TT

Glennsallnighter
09-22-2012, 02:33 PM
Glad to hear all the kids are OK GS! And hopefully everythings ok with your stepmom too!

I have one of the worst colds ever! My nose and chest are completely congested, I have a splitting headache and my throat is sore. NO Energy either! I'm dreading even the thought of work on Monday.

timfan
09-22-2012, 03:23 PM
Ohh GA no fun :( I sure can sympathize as I am just getting over a doozer of cold myself which started with laryingitis. I still have the cough almost 3 weeks later. Make yourself a hot toddy and curl up with a dose of Glenn ;) Hoping your feeling better real soon.

Grey Sadler
09-22-2012, 04:01 PM
Glad to hear all the kids are OK GS! And hopefully everythings ok with your stepmom too!

I have one of the worst colds ever! My nose and chest are completely congested, I have a splitting headache and my throat is sore. NO Energy either! I'm dreading even the thought of work on Monday.

Thanks and :hug:
I spent 2 weeks before school started fighting with allergies/sinus, THEN 2 weeks after school started I caught the cold that the kids named "The Boone Plague"...I feel for you!
That "Dose of Glenn" sounds mighty nice :grin:

Glennsallnighter
09-23-2012, 04:37 AM
Thanks TF and GS - Thats pretty much what I've been doing! A friend of my hubby also suggested a drink of high factor Manuka honey mixed with the juice of a lemon and some hot water. Dunno its long term effects but it tastes good and is easy on the throat :thumbsup:

WalshFan88
09-23-2012, 10:49 AM
GA - Get Well Soon!

Brooke
09-23-2012, 06:28 PM
Ga, get well soon! I hate colds & allergies and am lucky to not get either very often. My son suffers from allergies (grasses & weeds mostly) and I hate for him to have to deal with it so much.

Tiffanny Twisted
09-23-2012, 09:18 PM
Getting ready for the work week.
gotta leave extra early since half the garage will be blocked off for repair.
SO...I packed breakfast and lunch and layed out the scrubs so all I gotta do is shower and grab my lunch
after I step in my clothes,
I finally got all of the baby Lucas' things ready to wrap...his suprise baby shower is this coming weekend. His Momma was complaining that her sister was buying things and handing them to her in a big mixed bag and then handing her a bunch of gift reciepts which dont explain what the item is(especially since she didnt buy it). I felt guilty, so I unwrapped everything and matched gift reciepts to outfits and now I can wrap again.:hilarious: I made one box of mommas music star clothes with a guitar player ones from MArtin guitar, a hard rock bib, and a suit with guitars all over it and it says Mommys little rock star. Then there is the box of wear me home from the hospital with little baby shoes and a hat and a bib to match to the outfit..There are 6 boxes of things in all and I wont go in to any other detail but that took a lot of time.
Boy, I cnat wait for my god son to get here.

SallyGee
09-24-2012, 03:01 PM
GA, Hope you and your son feel better soon.

TT Baby clothes are so much fun to buy! BABIES are so much fun!:)

Topkat
09-24-2012, 03:24 PM
GS, Glad to hear the kids will be okay, They must have been very scared.

GA, hope you are feeling better!!

TT, have fun at the baby shower!

I have another interview on Thurs. so I'm hoping something will come of it!!!

Brooke
09-24-2012, 04:42 PM
Good luck Tk!

Glennsallnighter
09-24-2012, 06:54 PM
Thanks TK and SG. I'm not sneezing as much but the headache is still there aslong with still feeling quite sick. I'm off work until Thursday.

TK! Hope the interview goes well! best of luck with it

SallyGee
09-24-2012, 06:57 PM
TK Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Tiffanny Twisted
09-24-2012, 07:17 PM
Tk,
good luck on the job interview..

Sg,
You are so right, I keep buying things for the baby.
She knows about the shower...not a suprise any more and I didn say anything. Today I bought Halmark ornaments one for mom 2012 and dad 2012 to give them at the shower for their xmas tree.
I already bought Godchild ornament for his first christmas.
tt

zeldabjr
09-24-2012, 07:57 PM
Fingers crossed for you TK...

TT...you are going to be the best god mother...what a lucky little boy!

zeldabjr
09-24-2012, 07:59 PM
Thanks TK and SG. I'm not sneezing as much but the headache is still there aslong with still feeling quite sick. I'm off work until Thursday.

TK! Hope the interview goes well! best of luck with it

Wow GA you really got it bad!!! are you on an antibiotic?....glad you can rest for a few days without working

Glennsallnighter
09-24-2012, 08:18 PM
Yeah I'm on clavepen as usual when I get these dases. Its hard remembering to take them half an hour before food (which I'm pretty much off anyway). But I will be ok soon! Thanks

Tiffanny Twisted
09-24-2012, 08:32 PM
THanks Zelda for the kind words:)

I am the lucky one to be asked to be part of the little guys life. I am blessed that his momma thinks me worthy enough to be in his life......I need a truck to bring all the stuff to the shower plus all the gals at work who cant come are asking me to bring their stuff. lol

again thanks for the kind words.

tt

zeldabjr
09-26-2012, 02:14 AM
this evening I had the maintenance guy ring my doorbell and ask me if I've seen the fire extinguisher that hangs on the wall in the lobby...I said no...apparently it's been stolen...who steals a fire extinguisher?...just when you think you've heard of everything!

Topkat
09-27-2012, 06:45 PM
Just returned from another job interview....I think it went pretty well, but you never know. At least I am getting interviews these days, which is more than I was getting before. Somethings gotta give, one of these days!! :thumbsup:

Tiffanny Twisted
09-27-2012, 06:53 PM
good luck. I will keep my figners crossed

tt

Brooke
09-28-2012, 09:13 AM
Tk, fingers crossed for you! :pray:

TimothyBFan
09-28-2012, 09:24 AM
Gotta say I'm a bit nervous right now. My 19 year old daughter leaves tomorrow for a month trip to Europe. I know everything will be fine and I'm so excited for her and her friend BUT as her mother, I'm a nervous wreck and hubby is also driving me nuts because he's worse than I am. They've been planning this trip for a year and it's something she has been so excited about. They'll be in 7 countries, starting in Munich, Germany and ending in Paris, France. She'll turn 20 while she's in Poland or Austria. They really have no schedule of where they'll be on what dates other than the first 2, where they will be in Munich for Oktoberfest (heaven help me!!!). Send positive vibes for a safe trip her way and more positive vibes for me to not have nervous breakdown from worry while she's gone. :hilarious:

Brooke
09-28-2012, 09:48 AM
Hang in there TBF! I know what you are going through! My daughter packed up her car and moved to Texas all by herself a few years ago. Nearly drove me and her dad crazy with worry, but all turned out well and she is now back in good ol' Missouri! She also tried NYC before coming back. I'm always 'on edge' that's she's going to announce another move. Paris was mentioned a while back. :crazy:

Good luck to them! I'm sure they will have the time of their lives!

VAisForEagleLovers
09-28-2012, 10:38 AM
TBF, I'm 50 years old and my mother still frets when I travel somewhere. I know mother's will always worry, but I hope for your sake it gets easier as time goes on!

As for my life...my phone is out again. I tested it, the problem is in the house somewhere. I have a horrible feeling I'm gonna be crawling around the crawl space this weekend trying to solve this problem. Shivers.

lizzyplays
09-28-2012, 10:52 AM
Gotta say I'm a bit nervous right now. My 19 year old daughter leaves tomorrow for a month trip to Europe. I know everything will be fine and I'm so excited for her and her friend BUT as her mother, I'm a nervous wreck and hubby is also driving me nuts because he's worse than I am. They've been planning this trip for a year and it's something she has been so excited about. They'll be in 7 countries, starting in Munich, Germany and ending in Paris, France. She'll turn 20 while she's in Poland or Austria. They really have no schedule of where they'll be on what dates other than the first 2, where they will be in Munich for Oktoberfest (heaven help me!!!). Send positive vibes for a safe trip her way and more positive vibes for me to not have nervous breakdown from worry while she's gone. :hilarious:

I know you're nervous, but how exciting for her!! The experiences she'll have will be unmatched and worth a few gray hairs on your part. :-) We'll all be here for you, but please don't worry yourself sick! You need to enjoy the trip along with her, as it unfolds. Gosh, I'm super excited on your behalf... my own daughter is expressing an interest in touring Europe, so I'm hoping I can nudge that along. I'd much rather her explore the world right now (she's 24) than to do the whole boyfriend/get married thing.

WalshFan88
09-28-2012, 11:10 AM
TK - Good luck!!! :)

TBF - Positive vibes sent to both of you. I hope she has a fun and safe trip!

Topkat
09-28-2012, 01:35 PM
TBF; I toured Europe with my best friend when I was 18. We backbacked it for 8 weeks. I had the time of my life. My mother encouraged me to go. She said," If you don't do it now, you may never do it"....And she was right. Once you start working or have a family, you don't have 8 weeks to run all over Europe! I am so happy I did it at that age. I have since returned to Europe a few times, but never for an extended visit like that one....Try not to worry. She will be fine & will have an experience of a lifetime!! There is so much to see. I wish her a safe & wonderful trip!!

Troubadour
09-28-2012, 06:05 PM
Aw, Willie - I know it must be hard for you and Larry, but I'm sure Katie will have the time of her life! As I said on FB, please let me know if she is planning to visit the UK. It would be cool to at least say hello! I'm actually quite envious... I live here and I haven't explored much of Europe at all! What a great adventure for her.

Tiffanny Twisted
09-28-2012, 06:54 PM
TBF--

Good positive vibes for you and yours.:thumbsup:

Our son moved to CHiicago to go to grad school...very hard for this momma bear. I miss him terribly and our sunday go food shopping and lunch. (He would help me lift and load and unload..I would buy lunch..love that wegmans)
I miss him very much, worry constanlty . He hit a 700 lb bear on his journey out there and totaled the car. Thank good he is fine but that did my nerves in.

Freypower
09-28-2012, 07:03 PM

As I said elsewhere she will love it. Oktoberfest should be great. My parents did that once.

TimothyBFan
09-28-2012, 10:06 PM
Thanks for all the good vibes, everyone. Lou, she won't be in London. When she was discussing it, I told her that if she was there, I definitely wanted her to meet you. Maybe next one.

This has been an unbelievable day!! Shorty after I posted here this morning, we found out a young lady that my daughter graduated with died early this morning, leaving behind her 1 year old son. Very sad.

Then Kate called from her work phone that her phone that has been sat up for international calling and had been working like that for 2 days had suddenly stopped working. Made a few phone calls to Verizon and think it's back under control.

Within minutes of her phone call, our son called from school (4 hours away) to say he had wrecked his bike, hitting his head and his shoulder. Said his shoulder seemed to be pretty bad so was heading to the campus healthcare clinic to have it looked at. They took xrays of everything and his head was ok but his left shoulder was severely damaged. His collarbone, shoulder bone and arm were separated and they were sending him to an Ortho doctor right then. He is in for a very long haul with lots of physical therapy and doctors appointments for awhile and they've given him some great pain killers. He's kind of freaking out right now-- this is his senior year and he is taking 2 physical education courses that he needs in order to graduate on time. We talked to him and told him not to panic until he talks to his professors and his counselor to see if they can work something out. He's a great student (Dean's list) so we are hopeful they can come up with something. In the meantime, I hate the fact that I'm 4 hours away. But like hubby said, what would we be able to do for him if we (probably I because hubby is working 7 days a week) went down there and with Katie leaving tomorrow, I feel I need to be in 2 places at one time. His friends have assured us he is being taken care of. Ugh!!! Darn kids--- gonna make me old before my time.

lizzyplays
09-28-2012, 10:39 PM
I don't know whether to drive up and give you a big ol' hug or take you out for a drink!! So sorry about this avalanche of stuff happening all at once. Life is funny like that sometimes. I am sure everything will be fine and work itself out and you'll be fine too! You're a strong woman and you got all of us to support you as well. I've got time and ears if you need to vent, whine, complain, bitch, cry, moan or scream! Always at your service my musical soul sister/mate type of thingy we got going on.... :hilarious::)

Topkat
09-28-2012, 10:44 PM
TBF, Very sorry to hear about your son's accident. Even though he's been hurt, at least he doesn't have a head injury...Thank goodness for that! The shoulder injury should heal, but it's going to take time. Hope he's not in too much pain & luckily he doesn't need surgery.
Sad to hear the news about your daughter's friend.
Well, you've been just having a heck of a week..

As for me, I do have a job offer. I'm happy about that, however the money is not as much as I thought it would be. The job market is just so tight these days, I may have to accept it. So it's good news, but a little disappointing.

sodascouts
09-28-2012, 11:01 PM
Poor Dillon! Thank God it wasn't worse, but still!

Tiffanny Twisted
09-28-2012, 11:09 PM
tbf-
prayers to you and your family.
I hope your son is ok.(boys give you grey hair)
and that your daughter gets on to her trip ok

thinking of you:weep::grouphug:

tt

Grey Sadler
09-28-2012, 11:21 PM
:hug: TBF

Glennsallnighter
09-29-2012, 07:49 PM
Oh Willie, you have certainly been hit with a double whammy this weekend! At least Dillon will make a full recovery with the help of his medical team, and I'm sure his college will be able to sort him a course that will caaomodate his injuries. They're not gonna lose an asset like Dillon!
As for Katie! I understand your anxiety (and dread the day when Laura will want to travel) at her departure, but I'm sure she will have a wonderful experience and will come back in one piece and all the better for it!
I went to Boston for 4 months when I was just 21 and had a wondeful time. It was the best time to go, before the work, marriage and family took over - and I would not have the chance to do so now. I went pre mobile phone, internet and skype days too! It was pen and paper if I wanted to keep in touch! Your first few days will seem long and strange, then suddenly she will be returning to you!
I did the Oktoberfest in Munich in 1990! I had a friend living in Germany at the time so had free accomodation! It was very good, and Germany is a very safe country.

Good luck to both your kids Willie!

Tiffanny Twisted
09-29-2012, 11:30 PM
Well, we just got home from the wedding and boy did we have fun. The bride was beautiful in a short strapless white dress and heels.I am so lucky she asked JAhh and I to be a part of her family celebration. (she andher hubby got married by a justice of the peace last week and her family through her a dinner tonight) We are blessed.

Now to wrap more baby gifts before bed.....
TOmorrow is round two...baby shower for my friend and my god son.

I still miss my son but am blessed that these two woman count JAhh and I as part of their families.
:pray:tt

Brooke
09-30-2012, 06:49 PM
Willie, just keep hanging in there! I'm so glad Dillon will be ok, how scary!

And good luck to Katie on her adventure! And you on keeping your sanity!

Tk, congrats on the job offer! It's a start!

Tiffanny Twisted
10-01-2012, 06:36 AM
TBF, Very sorry to hear about your son's accident. Even though he's been hurt, at least he doesn't have a head injury...Thank goodness for that! The shoulder injury should heal, but it's going to take time. Hope he's not in too much pain & luckily he doesn't need surgery.
Sad to hear the news about your daughter's friend.
Well, you've been just having a heck of a week..

As for me, I do have a job offer. I'm happy about that, however the money is not as much as I thought it would be. The job market is just so tight these days, I may have to accept it. So it's good news, but a little disappointing.

congrats...good job...its tough out there

TimothyBFan
10-01-2012, 07:55 AM
Update: Dillon is doing better but will have a long haul ahead of him. Thank goodness for pain killers. :thumbsup:

Katie got to Munich with no problems or delays, but only after having at least a half a dozen meltdowns Saturday morning before heading to the airport. :hilarious: At one point she was crying, saying, "I don't want to fly!". Told her it was a little late to decide that. Drama--- seriously, most people start out with a smaller trip for their first time of flying than a 9 hour journey overseas. When she does something, she usually does it big!! :hilarious: She's having a great time and heads to Austria next, on Wednesday.

Topkat
10-01-2012, 11:15 AM
Well, I have excepted the job offer. It's not exactly a dream job, but it's the only offer on the table, so back to work I will go on Wed. No more hanging around the Border for me! I am happy because there are a lot of people out of work here in NY & I am lucky to get an offer. It seems like a nice place, the lady who interviewed me is very nice & I will have my own office with a window & a view!!! That's great! The commute is not to bad either, as it is right near Grand Central Station on Lexington Ave., in a really nice area! So it's all good! I'm a little nervous, but I'll let you guys know how it goes!!:thumbsup:

TBF, I see your daughter is already having fun in Europe, so try not to worry so much. BTW, my first solo plane ride was to Europe too, & I flew on Icelantic Airlines, which makes a pit stop in Iceland!!! I was fearless. Now, I hate to fly & am scared.......Go figure! Also, glad your son is going to be okay!

Glennsallnighter
10-01-2012, 12:15 PM
Congrats on your new job TK. Hope it goes really well and that you enjoy being back at work.

Willie! Delighted Dillon is feeling better and that Katie made it to Europe!

I love flying! Just as well as Ireland is s,all! Oh and I have a very soft spot for Iceland, even though I've never been there! :thumbsup:

WalshFan88
10-01-2012, 01:11 PM
TK - Congrats!

TBF - Hope Dillon feels better soon!!!!

-----

This years Ausfest was a blast and for those that are on my FB you can see the pics and the video from it. It was a great time and lots of fun.

sodascouts
10-01-2012, 02:01 PM
Austin - glad you had such fun. I saw you even had T-shirts made up. Dang!

TBF - that's brave of Katie but it sure will be worth her while as she lives it up in Europe. Hopefully those pain killers keep poor Dillon from suffering too badly.

TK - congrats! Less Border time, yes, but more money to fund concerts!

Brooke
10-01-2012, 03:39 PM
Austin, glad you survived your own personal festival! :lol:

Tk, congrats and I hope it works out well for you!

lizzyplays
10-01-2012, 05:06 PM
Congrats on the job TK!!

TBF - just a little something for a laugh... the first time I flew to Europe, I made the mistake of choosing "Air India"! It was based on their safety record and the fact that the plane could fly if one engine failed (I did my homework!!). LOL But, I arrived in Amsterdam smelling like curry!!

sodascouts
10-01-2012, 05:47 PM
Oh my gosh, I did the same thing when I flew to the UK in 2006, LP! I booked Air India because it was several hundred dollars cheaper, but I too reeked of curry afterwards. Plus, the food was so awful I couldn't eat it, and the seats were very small with far fewer amenities than other international airlines. Never again! I guess you get what you pay for in this case!

zeldabjr
10-01-2012, 06:21 PM
I'll have to remember that for future reference...do not book Air India!..TBF I'm sure your daughter will have a blast...memories she will have for a lifetime...she's very lucky...
TK ...congratulations on the new job...boy you start soon wow...can't wait to hear all about it.

sodascouts
10-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Other airlines to avoid, going by my personal experience, are Saudia and Alitalia.

lizzyplays
10-01-2012, 07:05 PM
Oh my gosh, I did the same thing when I flew to the UK in 2006, LP! I booked Air India because it was several hundred dollars cheaper, but I too reeked of curry afterwards. Plus, the food was so awful I couldn't eat it, and the seats were very small with far fewer amenities than other international airlines. Never again! I guess you get what you pay for in this case!

Well, I used cheaptickets.com, but I've always used them with no problems. I was more concerned with the workings of the plane than to be worried about other stuff. I was the ONLY (white) American, whatever you want to call me, on the entire plane! Not that that really mattered, but talk about a LONG trip....

lizzyplays
10-01-2012, 07:10 PM
I found KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Lufthansa and British Airways to be great.

Tiffanny Twisted
10-01-2012, 07:23 PM
this afternoon, another one of my friends from work gave birth to her first child ,Lillian Elaine.Mom and baby and daddy and grandparnets are all doing fine.

WOW.. a wedding on sat nite, godchilds baby shower yesterday and a new baby today.
WOw is all I can say:angel:

Topkat
10-01-2012, 10:35 PM
TT, Congratulations, new babies & weddings are always a good thing!

As for the airlines, I flew on Alitalia & didn't find it too bad.
Another one that I really liked was Iberian Airlines, which I flew to the Canary Islands. They were really nice & gave out comfy slippers & the food was good, but I'm not sure they still do that.
Airlines have gotten really stingy these days...half of them don't even feed you anymore & all the extra charges for every little thing, well that stinks.

Thanks for the good luck with my new job. Tomorrow is my last day of freedom, but I will be happy to get a paycheck & medical benefits!

VAisForEagleLovers
10-01-2012, 10:38 PM
Congrats on the job, TK! Hope it goes well!

Grey Sadler
10-02-2012, 06:44 PM
Yay TK!! :thumbsup:

Austin--looked like a lot of fun that night!! :grin:

...and for the record, I have no opinions on airlines...I've never been on an airplane as of yet...:ack:

Tiffanny Twisted
10-02-2012, 07:15 PM
I spent my lunch in the maternity ward with new baby Lillian and her mom ,dad and grandmom.Her Momma is a doctor at our work I am friendly with.I attended her wedding 3 years ago.. I got to hold her and rock her . When she was handed to me she was crying but when I talked to her she got quiet...she knows my voice since I work with her momma alot.
Babies are wonderful .:blueblob:

Now ...awaiting Lucas' arrival in a few weeks.

VAisForEagleLovers
10-02-2012, 07:20 PM
Good for you, TT!

Tiffanny Twisted
10-02-2012, 07:22 PM
Thanks Va..nothing like a new baby so tiny and precious to make you look at the world so differently.

tt

zeldabjr
10-02-2012, 09:03 PM
oh tt you're sooo lucky...I haven't held a new baby in ages!...and another one in a few weeks? man I'm jealous!

WalshFan88
10-02-2012, 09:41 PM
TT - Congrats!

Grey Sadler
10-02-2012, 09:45 PM
That is so SWEET, TT!! :grin:

I'm more used to the ones between 9 months and 2 years (that's the age I watch on Sunday mornings)...but one of our Spanish teachers has had her baby at work (waiting on the sitter to pick him up)...so tiny and adorable!!

Brooke
10-03-2012, 09:56 AM
Congrats TT!

Tiffanny Twisted
10-03-2012, 10:23 AM
Thanks everyone for the good wishes. After waiting for Lillian to come it is nice she is here. Her momma didnt find out what she was before she came so it was kinda fun.I like that she was late like her momma(always runs late) and came on the first day of the month..the month her parents and JAhh and I got married in. Now..I have a feeling Lucas , who is do on GF's bday just might come on the last day of the month to round it out.lol..
This like the spring is always a busy time of the calender...
Thanks again for all the good wishes for Lillian and her parents:love:

Troubadour
10-03-2012, 12:43 PM
Congrats, TT!

Things are going well over here. I am busy this week on school placement and my internet has been down for the past four days, which has sucked! Thankfully our landlord sorted it out late last night. Everything is going really well at school. I already feel quite comfortable there. My teacher/mentor is lovely and my Year 4 children (whom I'll be teaching on my proper six week placement in November/December) seem great. I know things will get a lot more hectic in the near future but, for now, I'm really enjoying it, and still managing to have some time to relax and hang out with friends.

TimothyBFan
10-03-2012, 01:57 PM
Troub--I am so glad everything is going well and you are enjoying it. You've been very busy!!

Troubadour
10-03-2012, 02:02 PM
Yep! November/beginning of December will be pretty busy, and apparently after Christmas it will be CRAZY! Just taking it one day at a time... Absolutely loving it so far. Thanks for the support. :)

Brooke
10-03-2012, 02:50 PM
Same here, Troub. I'm glad things are going well for you and you are liking it.

EaglesKiwi
10-03-2012, 03:17 PM
Glad everything's going well, Troub!

We've had a few ups and downs here - okay, realistically just downs - and we're now trying to get my teenage son into alternative education. He'd rather just sit on his butt & play video games all day though... :fear: not sure if the new school is going to work out.

I got to hold a new baby on Tuesday - a lady I used to work with brought her little one in. It had been so long since I've held a baby - and he got passed around a few of us that wanted cuddles. :)

Tiffanny Twisted
10-03-2012, 07:06 PM
Congrats, TT!

Things are going well over here. I am busy this week on school placement and my internet has been down for the past four days, which has sucked! Thankfully our landlord sorted it out late last night. Everything is going really well at school. I already feel quite comfortable there. My teacher/mentor is lovely and my Year 4 children (whom I'll be teaching on my proper six week placement in November/December) seem great. I know things will get a lot more hectic in the near future but, for now, I'm really enjoying it, and still managing to have some time to relax and hang out with friends.
troub...

glad yo hear things are going well
take care
tt

zeldabjr
10-03-2012, 08:02 PM
Thanks everyone for the good wishes. After waiting for Lillian to come it is nice she is here. Her momma didnt find out what she was before she came so it was kinda fun.I like that she was late like her momma(always runs late) and came on the first day of the month..the month her parents and JAhh and I got married in. Now..I have a feeling Lucas , who is do on GF's bday just might come on the last day of the month to round it out.lol..
This like the spring is always a busy time of the calender...
Thanks again for all the good wishes for Lillian and her parents:love:

hope Lucas comes on 10/30...a great day!

SallyGee
10-03-2012, 08:04 PM
Hubby and I went away for a long weekend to Cape May. We had a great time. I know it's one of the nerdiest hobbies, but we recently got into bird watching. Cape May is a big stop for migrating birds. We saw 97 different species this weekend. We got lots of exercise and fresh air. All you really need is a pair of binoculars and a few books and you're good to go. We saw eagles every day. Unfortunately, not the human kind!:) Nature is really beautiful. Too many people take it for granted.
TBF- So sorry about your son. It's so hard when they're so far away. I hope he's feeling better. And your daughter! What a great experience for her! But I understand your worry . I' m sure she will be fine I think they really do remember the important things we teach them . It was so much easier when they were little and we could keep them close.
TK- congrats on the job! Good for you! I hope you love it!
Troub - so happy things are going so well!
Wow! Miss a few days on here and you miss a lot!

zeldabjr
10-03-2012, 08:06 PM
Troub...so glad to hear things are going well for you so far...
EK...good luck with your son...I always hear the teenage years are the toughest as a parent...sending good thoughts
SG...Glad you had a nice weekend...too bad no "human" Eagles but can't win them all...I've always heard Cape May is beautiful...how was the weather...I don't think bird watching is nerdy at all...any hobby you and your hubby can do together I think is great!

Koala
10-04-2012, 02:00 AM
Wow, I missed a Lot here!

hope all is with you okay(again)
Congrats to all they had something to celebrate!

Troub, glad you like your work with The Kids!

I had a lot of stess at work and very demanding children, especially one child! matrimonial it would in a device for striking, aggressive children but thsekkante in these schools are unfortunately very limited!so I must continue to work with him!

EaglesKiwi
10-04-2012, 03:01 AM
I've just caught up on the last few days. TK - all the best for the new job. A paycheck is a very good thing - especially for concert tickets. :hilarious:

SallyGee - the bird watching sounds like a lot of fun!

Willie - Katie is going to have a wonderful time. I did the OE thing too (Indonesia, Edinburgh/Carnoustie, a couple of days in London, and a bit of time in Turkey) and I have such great memories still. Boy did I grow up doing it. All the best for Dillon's recovery too.

Glennsallnighter
10-04-2012, 04:31 AM
Glad things are going so well for you Troub! I'm sure you will do really well on your placement!

Koala! I'd been wondering where you've been, sorry things are a bit tough at work, hang in there!

Brooke
10-04-2012, 09:39 AM
Koala, yes, we've missed you! Welcome back and hang in there with those kids. I know I could never have been a teacher, I'd kill 'em! :lol:

EK, sorry about your problems with your son. I've had two teenagers and it was a big relief when they finally got out of high school and went to college. They can put you through so much worry and pain. Just know that someday, hopefully, they will grow up and realize what they should be doing. Sometimes, all you can do is pray for them. Thoughts and prayers for you.

Koala
10-04-2012, 09:45 AM
Koala! I'd been wondering where you've been, sorry things are a bit tough at work, hang in there!

thank you! I missed the board really,
now I have 2 weeks of vacation. So I can recover and I have finally time for the border again!

Koala, yes, we've missed you! Welcome back thanks :)

and hang in there with those kids. I know I could never have been a teacher, I'd kill 'em! :lol:
Lol8-)

lizzyplays
10-04-2012, 10:48 AM
Welcome back Koala!!

I was gone too, so I didn't realize you were gone as well! Glad we're both back though. :-) :thumbsup:

WalshFan88
10-04-2012, 11:29 AM
Koala - Welcome back!!

zeldabjr
10-04-2012, 12:22 PM
Koala...glad to see you back...sorry you were having a rough patch...enjoy your vacation!

SallyGee
10-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Almost forgot to tell you guys. When we were away last weekend, I was wearing my Expando T-shirt that has Timothy's name on it. A man came up to me and said,"Timothy B. Schmit. I'm a big fan. Are you a fan?" :hilarious: I told him "BIG TIME!" He was a big Poco fan too! He said his wife loved him too. He called her over to see my shirt and she said " He was so hot!" I told her he still is. We told them about his solo show, and they had no idea he toured solo and didn't know about Expando but were definitely going to look for it. It was so nice not to have to explain who he was. I feel like maybe I helped Timothy sell another album. I think I deserve a big
kiss from him for that!:partytime: Then I'd be lying in a big heap on the floor.:faint::thud:

zeldabjr
10-04-2012, 09:27 PM
Almost forgot to tell you guys. When we were away last weekend, I was wearing my Expando T-shirt that has Timothy's name on it. A man came up to me and said,"Timothy B. Schmit. I'm a big fan. Are you a fan?" :hilarious: I told him "BIG TIME!" He was a big Poco fan too! He said his wife loved him too. He called her over to see my shirt and she said " He was so hot!" I told her he still is. We told them about his solo show, and they had no idea he toured solo and didn't know about Expando but were definitely going to look for it. It was so nice not to have to explain who he was. I feel like maybe I helped Timothy sell another album. I think I deserve a big
kiss from him for that!:partytime: Then I'd be lying in a big heap on the floor.:faint::thud:

OH SG...that is a great story!...don't you love it when people know who he is!!!...and yeah you do deserve a kiss....but...you'll have to get in line!:inlove:

Koala
10-05-2012, 03:10 AM
Thanks everyone! :)

SG, Love your story!

Brooke
10-05-2012, 10:03 AM
SG, great story! Well done! I think a kiss from Timmy would be the perfect thank you! lol

zeldabjr
10-05-2012, 09:12 PM
tomorrow at 10 AM I have volunteer orientation at the Humane Society...I am assigned on the "cleaning crew"...you know what that means...cleaning out litter boxes...oh well I told them I would do anything they needed...an iPod full of Eagles music will make the "cleaning" time go by quickly and painlessly!...and it's for the animals...although I'm not coming home with any more cats!...this inn is full...although I am thinking about names for in the future...Glenn, Don etc...lol

Tiffanny Twisted
10-05-2012, 09:26 PM
Zelda,
god bless you for your volunteering to help the animals.
I would love to do that but I woudnt be able to not come home with them all.
I admire your strenght.'Good Luck and HAve fun anyway.
tt

Grey Sadler
10-05-2012, 09:54 PM
Troub--glad everything is going well so far!!

Koala--Hey there!! What do you teach?

Topkat
10-06-2012, 08:31 AM
Hey everyone. I haven't had a chance to get in here since I started the new job, but so far it's going pretty well. The first day I had brain fry trying to learn their computer system, but after the 3 days it's better.
So far I really like it. I've just been too tired to do much after work because I'm not used to the long day, but I'm sure I will get used to it.
The people & the office are all really nice. Trying to catch up on things in here.
:)

VAisForEagleLovers
10-06-2012, 09:46 AM
Hey everyone. I haven't had a chance to get in here since I started the new job, but so far it's going pretty well. The first day I had brain fry trying to learn their computer system, but after the 3 days it's better.
So far I really like it. I've just been too tired to do much after work because I'm not used to the long day, but I'm sure I will get used to it.
The people & the office are all really nice. Trying to catch up on things in here.

Glad to hear it's going well!!

WalshFan88
10-06-2012, 05:26 PM
TK - Glad to hear it's going well!

Zelda - So great to hear that! My mother is a volunteer with our local HS and I also do some stuff remotely and help her with putting pictures on sites like Petfinder but she does all of the picture taking at the pound. I don't go there and just do stuff here at home.

Tiffanny Twisted
10-06-2012, 06:48 PM
TK - Glad to hear it's going well!

Zelda - So great to hear that! My mother is a volunteer with our local HS and I also do some stuff remotely and help her with putting pictures on sites like Petfinder but she does all of the picture taking at the pound. I don't go there and just do stuff here at home.

Austin,
I knew You were a good guy.
Thank you for you work on behalf of animals who need new moms and dads

tt

WalshFan88
10-06-2012, 11:28 PM
Austin,
I knew You were a good guy.
Thank you for you work on behalf of animals who need new moms and dads

tt

I've been doing the computer stuff since about 2005... I've never been real big on the idea of going to the shelter itself but love to help out in the ways I can...

Tiffanny Twisted
10-06-2012, 11:33 PM

I've been doing the computer stuff since about 2005... I've never been real big on the idea of going to the shelter itself but love to help out in the ways I can...
Austin,
god gave us all unique talents and gifts.
He expects us to use them and not waste them.
'He also expects us to "pay it forward"
You do that it your own way with your unique talents.
Thats a great and good thing.
not everyone can be the captin on board,.....crew members are needed too.
good job:thumbsup:

If I didnt have JAhh...I'd have a small heard like my friend...lol
he keeps me sane .lol

zeldabjr
10-07-2012, 12:31 AM
tt's right ...everyone does what they're good at but everyone is important and needed...me ..I guess I'm good at cleaning litter boxes! lol

Tiffanny Twisted
10-07-2012, 09:46 AM
Zelda...
I just know you are good at other things too.
This is probably just where they needed the most help.
It just takes someone extra special .

tt

Brooke
10-09-2012, 07:56 PM
Ugh! I have to go in to the neighboring town for jury duty tomorrow morning! I was so hoping it would be canceled! I've never done it before, so at least it will be interesting! Maybe! No clue as to what it's about! :fear:

zeldabjr
10-09-2012, 09:21 PM
tomorrow I'm starting a four week digital camera class...we all know I can't take pics...so whatever they can teach me will be greatly appreciated!:)

good luck tomorrow Brooke...think of it as an adventure...I got called once but then it got cancelled and luckily I haven't been called again...yet...

SallyGee
10-09-2012, 09:39 PM
TK - Glad the job is going well

Brooke- My friend had jury duty a few weeks ago. She almost got on a case but it could have gone on for a few weeks. She told the judge she couldn't be out of work that long, and he excused her. She was back at work the next day. I had jury duty many years ago. Back then you had to go every day except Friday for 2 weeks. Very boring. Good luck!

Zelda- good luck with your class. I've been looking at cameras. I'd like to get a decent one for birding. I figured I'd have to take a class too. Maybe you can give me some pointers.

TimothyBFan
10-10-2012, 08:01 AM
Done the jury duty thing-- it was interesting, I guess, but it was 2 days of my life I'll never get back. :hilarious: I guess it's our civic duty but it really is an inconvenience most of the time. Good luck--hope it's something interesting.

Tiffanny Twisted
10-10-2012, 09:13 AM
good luck brooke :)

Glennsallnighter
10-10-2012, 11:43 AM
Good luck with the Jury duty Brooke. I always get out of it because my job apparently 'needs me'

Zelda! You will really enjoy the course. I'm sure you'll do really well! And think of the fun you will have trying out your expertise at the next gig you go to!

Troubadour
10-10-2012, 04:11 PM
Good luck, Brooke and Zelda!

If you could all keep my beloved Grandma in your thoughts, I would really appreciate it. She hasn't been right for a little while and we're quite worried about her. She is convinced she is developing dementia or Alzheimers and we feel helpless. I wouldn't be surprised if it was stress and/or anxiety manifesting itself, but it's so hard to know. She has been going to the doctor a lot, which is very unlike her. I spoke to my Mum on the phone this evening and she was in tears. I'm trying to stay relatively calm and trying not to jump ahead and worry unduly, but it's all very strange at the moment and I hate to see my Grandma like this. Your thoughts and prayers would be appreciated.

Tiffanny Twisted
10-10-2012, 05:03 PM
Troub,
you and your family are in my prayers.
stay strong and positive.
tt

EagleLady
10-10-2012, 05:09 PM
Lou you and your whole family and your grandmother are in my prayers :hug:

Glennsallnighter
10-10-2012, 05:18 PM
Of course we will Lou! I know how much your grandparents mean to you and they seem to be such lovely people from what you have told me. I hope your Grandma will be ok, and that this is just a temporary thing. :hug:

VAisForEagleLovers
10-10-2012, 05:23 PM
Troub, your grandmother (and all of you) are in my thoughts and prayers.

SallyGee
10-10-2012, 07:09 PM
Troub, I will definitely keep your grandmother in my prayers. Try not to worry too much.

zeldabjr
10-10-2012, 08:36 PM
Troub...I'll definitely keep your grandma in my prayers!

Brooke
10-10-2012, 09:01 PM
Well, I got picked! It's been a long day and could go for a couple more, but it is interesting. I really couldn't come up with a good excuse not to.

Troub, I will also keep you and your family in my prayers.

Prettymaid
10-10-2012, 09:40 PM
Zelda, I hope you had fun in your first camera class today!

Brooke, you got picked! That's more than I can say for my first jury gig several months ago. I ended up sitting in the jury pool room for several hours and then calling every day to see if I had to return. (I never had to.)

Troub, I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. If I remember right she's about the same age as my mother. My mom worries about developing Alzheimers, but she has no symptoms. Is your grandmother showing any symptoms? I'll keep her in my thoughts, and you and your mom, too. :hug:

Grey Sadler
10-10-2012, 09:52 PM
:hug: Troub & Grandma
Good luck Brooke!!

zeldabjr
10-10-2012, 10:21 PM
oh Brooke you lucky dog!...at least you're doing your civic duty!...I know you can't tell us about it now but hope you will when it's over...hope it goes quickly for you

I did enjoy my first camera class...we learned about ISO ,what pixels are and all sorts of things I really didn't understand...the basics...he asked us what we liked to take pictures of?....I didn't really want to tell him...lol...I just said I had been trying to take concert photos...and he laughed....he said they are just about the hardest pics to get...because of the low light, no flash, and moving subjects...oh great!...

Tiffanny Twisted
10-11-2012, 06:31 AM
zelda
sounds like u r having fun :)

VAisForEagleLovers
10-11-2012, 11:05 AM
Today has been a very bad day so far, and it's not even 11am. I've been burning bridges left and right with both family and friends because I've totally run out of patience. I had just been thinking that life was so much easier when I worked 80 hours a week and didn't have time for anything else. Then I dialed in for a meeting and my boss, who doesn't believe in overtime, just gave me a workload that will ensure I have no time for drama. I'll be lucky if 80 hours a week for the next three to four weeks will cover it.

So how has everyone else's day gone?

Henley Honey
10-11-2012, 11:12 AM
Sorry to hear that VA. Hang in there!!!! While having an unsympathetic boss dump an extraordinary amount of work on you that will surely add stress to your life, just think of how fast it'll make the next 29 days fly by. We'll be in Clearwater in no time! Concentrate on that when you feel overwhelmed!! :brickwall:

VAisForEagleLovers
10-11-2012, 11:18 AM
I'm still so upset by the non-work related things that it's hard to concentrate. I literally shook from head to toe for over three hours this morning, and I'm still not back to normal.

lizzyplays
10-11-2012, 01:32 PM
:-(:worried:

Wish there was something I could do to make things better! Hopefully, you can look forward to Clearwater with HH and that will brighten your spirits!

:hug::xoxo::hug::xoxo::hug::xoxo::hug:

VAisForEagleLovers
10-11-2012, 01:42 PM
:-(:worried:

Wish there was something I could do to make things better! Hopefully, you can look forward to Clearwater with HH and that will brighten your spirits!

Aww, Lizzy, thank you for the hugs and kisses. I need them today.

Freypower
10-11-2012, 05:34 PM
Today has been a very bad day so far, and it's not even 11am. I've been burning bridges left and right with both family and friends because I've totally run out of patience. I had just been thinking that life was so much easier when I worked 80 hours a week and didn't have time for anything else. Then I dialed in for a meeting and my boss, who doesn't believe in overtime, just gave me a workload that will ensure I have no time for drama. I'll be lucky if 80 hours a week for the next three to four weeks will cover it.

So how has everyone else's day gone?

Hang in there VA.

VAisForEagleLovers
10-11-2012, 05:55 PM
Hang in there VA.

Thank you, FP!

Glennsallnighter
10-11-2012, 06:07 PM
I did enjoy my first camera class...we learned about ISO ,what pixels are and all sorts of things I really didn't understand...the basics...he asked us what we liked to take pictures of?....I didn't really want to tell him...lol...I just said I had been trying to take concert photos...and he laughed....he said they are just about the hardest pics to get...because of the low light, no flash, and moving subjects...oh great!...

:hilarious: Zelda! Two days before I headed to Niagara Falls I was talking to my photography trainer and was asking him what was the best way to take a concert shot. His reply 'there isn't.... its all down to luck'. he was citing the same reasons that you have given, and added that you could take hundreds and just get a few nice ones.
Anyway it was academic, as we weren't allowed cameras in Fallsview, but I did try my hand in LA, and while quite a few were indeed blurry (I'd have the shot set up, then Glenn :heart: would move.....) a few came out well. The best being
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/Glenn%20Frey%20LA%202012/LA2012084.jpg

VA, hope that cheers you up too! Hang in there - Its difficult to balance everything and you can only do your best! Focus on your upcoming trip to Clearwater!

Brooke, glad you got picked. Hope it is an interesting experience for you!

VAisForEagleLovers
10-11-2012, 06:35 PM
Actually, a guy that joined our board before the Atlanta shows asked me a few questions about taking photos at concerts and we started an email conversation. He said that what he's found works best is to take short videos, a few seconds worth. Then once on your computer, assuming you have the right software, you can take screen captures of the videos as pictures. This helps to control facial expressions, etc. It's a great idea except our guys don't like video of any kind. My camera is so slow at auto focus that security has thought I taking video when I wasn't. But this technique might work at other concerts. One advantage we have is having such good looking and photogenic guys to take pictures of!

Thanks, GA, my day did get better when I logged off Facebook and turned off all notifications on my phone. The work I need to do, well, it keeps me out of trouble. More or less. :) Maybe I'll go spend a few minutes in a certain photo thread to help lift my spirits.

Tiffanny Twisted
10-11-2012, 07:51 PM
First thing...pictures

You have to take a lot to get just one or two exceptional shots. The ever changing lightening and facial expressions play havic especially when you are trying not to draw atention to yourself with security.
Have fun at the class and learn and it will apply in other areas of your photography.

Va-I am so sorry that you are having a bad day and that your boss who doesnt believe in overtime dump trucked you a load of .....
No one deserves that. Unfortunatly, thats what is happening in this economy.
everyone is expected to do more for less money . (I have been atmy job for 7 years and except for the first year havent had a raise since. Then they took away bonus so I was doing the same work for less money.)
Just try and hang in.....you have a job and its in your feild.
Try and list the positive and not the negative...if that fails...USE YOUR SHELL.

I had a weird day too.
A rep paid for lunch today...the girl who orders knew I couldnt eat what was ordered so she ordered me a scoop of tuna on the side (no bread no tomato two things I am allergic too)
When the order ws delivered...it was missing...I let the girlknow and told her so she wouldnt pay the bill to make sure they took it off...well the rep took it as an insult that I was complaning .i in private by a supervisor, I was told that she was insulted. I only wnated her not to pay for something we didnt recieve.this happens all the time

So...I have made up my mind, when they do these lunches, I will not be partaking, never again. I also will not be the one to do the ordering which Ihave done in the past nor will I do order for luches which we do a few times a week. I am now out of the business. The gal who is vegan was upset too cause she feels like they make a big deal about lunch and its like we are the step children who dont matter. She could not eat what was ordered either adnI said Oh dont worry they ordered tuna ..we can share.

I konw its stupid aND petty but she made me mad. I hope they charged her for things we didnt get.

stupid I know..lot going on.
Lucas momma , her daddy is dying of cancer and was admidted to the icu of the hospital on tues.my heart is sad for her. I know its part of life but to finally be having a baby and losing her dad at the same time is so very sad for me.

timfan
10-11-2012, 07:54 PM
VA glad your day improved!

I spent today at the hospital with Dad. This morning he woke up with chest pains and trouble breathing so I called an ambulance. We spent nearly 12 hours at the hospital to find out that his heart appears fine but that he may be having chest muscle spasms. His chest is still sore but he's OK and back home now.

VAisForEagleLovers
10-11-2012, 08:20 PM
TT, the shell got a real workout today! Sorry to hear about your lunch issues. I know it sounds like a small thing but having it implied that you were being rude when you weren't is never small.

TF, I'm sorry to hear your dad went through a scare, but I'm glad it seems to have all worked out. You've both been in my thoughts and prayers!

zeldabjr
10-11-2012, 08:41 PM
Oh no I'm sorry my friends are having sh...days today...VA you only have two hands...keep telling yourself that...listen to some Eagles music...look at the GF photo thread...and hopefully enjoy the Steelers game...oh and have a glass of wine...
TT...sorry you had an aggravating day too...hope you got a chance to explain your reason for saying something to her...at least if you get to tell your side it makes you feel better...otherwise I don't blame you for wanting to stay out of it all now...
TF...sorry to hear about your dad's scare...glad it wasn't anything critical...did they say what would cause it?...

VAisForEagleLovers
10-11-2012, 08:58 PM
...and hopefully enjoy the Steelers game...oh and have a glass of wine...

#17 just scored a 82 yd td (maybe) and I'm on glass #3.

sodascouts
10-11-2012, 11:49 PM
Wow, so much going on!

Troub - your family is in my prayers.

Kath - your daddy is as well.

Brooke - good luck with jury duty.

TT - sorry about the lunch drama.

VA - yikes! I'm sorry for all the crap you're going through, and I hope things get better soon.

Grey Sadler
10-12-2012, 12:20 AM
Wow...:hug:, prayers, and good thoughts for EVERYBODY!!

I'm almost to the point where I'm NOT swamped by "end of the 9 weeks" grading and preparations...miracle of miracles!!
I'm also making plans to go to my cousin's HS football game tomorrow night--it's his last home game with the marching band as a Senior...I know his mom (my aunt) is going to be teary, since his little brother wants to play football instead of an instrument :lol:

WalshFan88
10-12-2012, 03:45 AM
Everyone is in my thoughts and prayers as well.

VA - I hope the stress goes away soon and it gets back to normal. Take care!

Troub and TF - Prayers sent.

Brooke - Good luck!

-------

Not much going on here (which is good I guess!!). Planning on going to Florida in November for a week (leaving the day before Thanksgiving) and then going back in February for an additional couple of weeks. My grandma knows I'm a huge Sheryl Crow fan (and an even bigger fan of her guitarist Peter Stroud) and she's playing in the same city where they have a place at in Florida in February so she is trying to get tickets!

Tiffanny Twisted
10-12-2012, 06:44 AM
austin. good luck on getting good tickets for your fave bands.
VA-LIKE THAT U WERE DRINKING WINE....MAYbe it helped.
troub and tf---prayers for you and yours always
brooke--try and enjoy the process...
amy-have fun at the game.. it is great that you will be there to support your aunt.....I rememberOUR SONS last baseball a game in the cold rain and all the turmoil of feelings as that milestone closed...never to watch one again. In college ...band won out over sports. lol She'll remember that you were there with her....

Va SOda ANd Zelda-thanks for understanding about my lunch drama.(or bs if you will) Va thanks for saing it best...thats how I feel., Its not like I"m taking my ball and going home. I do my job and deal with patients and then still make sure everyone is fed and taken care of.I was so upset and I felt better getting it out but you summed up my feelings and hit the nail on the head(Miss home depo shopper) let me know if you need another shell....I have worn mine thin inspots but for me it helps....reminds me that I rise above where I am when the sh..hits the fan...lol

well...before I am off to work...I hope today is better for all .
wHO would have ever thought that "a little band of talented cute dudes" would bring together such a diverse group of people from all over the globe by way of a little lady named sodascouts.....think aobut that one for a while...when I do ...it blows my mind>>>
PEACE AND LOVE TO ALL MY BORDER BUDDIES...THANK GOD ITS FRIDAY:partytime::partytime::partytime:

StephUK
10-13-2012, 07:20 PM
Sadly my darling cat Ruby is very ill. She has a tumour in her mouth, and it's growing fast. The vet says it will be 'weeks rather than months' before she will need to leave me. Although she's 19 years old now, she's healthy in every other way, so I'm so sad that she has developed this tumour.
She can't eat her food, so I'm feeding her by syringe while she still has an appetite and wants to eat.
She's coping with great dignity and bravery. She's still keeping to her usual routine and ordering me around!
As I live on my own it's going to be very hard for me when she has to go. She's been a house cat for the 10 years she's been with me, so we've spent a lot of time together and got real close.
She's such a gentle and loving little girl. I couldn't bear to see her in pain so I know I will have to let her go when she lets me know she's ready.

I'm taking lots of photos of her - not that I could ever forget her, and I'll always love her.

Tiffanny Twisted
10-13-2012, 07:43 PM
Steph,
I am so sorry that you are going through a tough time with your Ruby.Our animals become our fur children.It's a good sign that she is eating and wants to.

YOu will both be in my prayers. I am sorry that you are going through this.

Try and have a happy birthday

zeldabjr
10-13-2012, 10:47 PM
Oh Steph...I am so sorry to hear about Ruby...I know how hard this is and have you and Ruby in my thoughts and prayers...

Glennsallnighter
10-14-2012, 10:54 AM
My heart goes out to you Steph! I can only imagine what it is like seeing your beloved Ruby starting to fail like this. She is lucky to have such a loving carer in you. I hope you get to spend lots and lots of time with her before she has to leave you. Hugs and kisses.

timfan
10-14-2012, 01:28 PM
Oh Steph I am soo sorry to hear this sad news about your sweetie Ruby.I understand this all to well as I just recently had to put down my loving cat Midori. It is such a hard thing to let them go as they really are as much a part of the family as any person. But as you said you'll always remember and she'll alway be with you in spirit if not in body.

Topkat
10-14-2012, 02:56 PM
Sadly my darling cat Ruby is very ill. She has a tumour in her mouth, and it's growing fast. The vet says it will be 'weeks rather than months' before she will need to leave me. Although she's 19 years old now, she's healthy in every other way, so I'm so sad that she has developed this tumour.
She can't eat her food, so I'm feeding her by syringe while she still has an appetite and wants to eat.
She's coping with great dignity and bravery. She's still keeping to her usual routine and ordering me around!
As I live on my own it's going to be very hard for me when she has to go. She's been a house cat for the 10 years she's been with me, so we've spent a lot of time together and got real close.
She's such a gentle and loving little girl. I couldn't bear to see her in pain so I know I will have to let her go when she lets me know she's ready.

I'm taking lots of photos of her - not that I could ever forget her, and I'll always love her.

Oh Steph, I feel so bad for you. I went through this with my beloved cat Blondie, who had cancer in her mouth. I even took her to an specialist, but the treatments were horrible alternatives.... I had to put her down when she couldn't eat or groom herself. She was suffering & I did what was best for her. She was only 10, & I had her since she was a kitten...I cried for weeks... My heart goes out to you!! So very sorry you are going through this.

WalshFan88
10-14-2012, 05:04 PM
Steph - I'm so sorry to hear about Ruby. I know how hard it is dealing with a sick pet and losing a pet. I still haven't recovered since I lost my Shiloh (beagle) in 2009.

Brooke
10-14-2012, 05:29 PM
Well, I'm so behind here I don't know if I can possibly catch up! I really didn't know jury duty would take over your life!

VA, I'm hoping things are going better for you now.

Steph, I'm so sorry to hear about Ruby. 19 years old! Wow, she has had quite a long life! I know it's hard as I have loved and lost many pets over the years. My heart goes out to you and her.

My jury duty ended Friday evening, finally! Oh my goodness, it was awful and when I get some more time, I will tell you all about it.

Henley Honey
10-14-2012, 05:36 PM
I'm very curious to hear about your "civic-duty" experience in "middle America" vs. mine.

Grey Sadler
10-14-2012, 06:59 PM
:hug: Steph

Had a great time at the game Friday, was almost bundled up enough--I really needed a hat! My aunt looked a little sad but doing okay--found out she'd been in the hospital overnight one night last week for observation and will soon go for a cardiac catheterization(?!) :?

SallyGee
10-14-2012, 08:34 PM
Steph, so sorry about your Ruby. I know how hard it is to lose a fur baby.

sodascouts
10-14-2012, 11:52 PM
My cat Oreo died at about the same age, Steph. I feel awful for you but I know you will make your little one's last weeks as happy as possible.

TimothyBFan
10-15-2012, 08:00 AM
:hug: I am also very sorry to hear your sad news, Steph!!

My daughter called yesterday from Amsterdam. She was in the Red Light District, eating brownies and "space muffins". Oh my!!! :hilarious: They are having a great time. Didn't enjoy Vienna and swears Berlin had it out for them because things kept getting goofed up on all their tours, etc.. they had planned. But other than that, they are having a great time. Heading to Paris as I type this. Only another week and she'll be heading home. Sure has gone fast.

Troubadour
10-15-2012, 11:24 AM
Wow, that really has flown by, Willie! Sounds like she's had quite an adventure. I'm sure you'll be hearing about it (and looking at pics) for weeks to come! ;)

Steph, I am so heartbroken for you. Sending all of my good thoughts to you and Ruby. I know you will give her lots of love and cuddles (as usual) and that she will be as comforted as she possibly can be. You will never lose that special bond with her. :hug:

Tiffanny Twisted
10-15-2012, 05:38 PM
Ok busy day ot work but we had a baby shower luch for Lucas today at work.
Kinda broke up the day.

zeldabjr
10-15-2012, 09:37 PM
Ok busy day ot work but we had a baby shower luch for Lucas today at work.
Kinda broke up the day.

wow another shower?...Lucas is one lucky baby....how is his mommy doing?

Tiffanny Twisted
10-15-2012, 10:34 PM
she is holding up... her dad is really sick and afraid he will pass before he sees lucas....his first grandson..this was the work shower....they got her the high chair cake and catered lunch....tomorrow is bosses day....another cake.....good thing i am allergic to wheat
she is tired and i bought him a sleeper with trucks and a preppy sweater set blue sweater pants and plait front too cute to leave behind....gosh i love heartstrings stores....thanks for asking:thumbsup:

StephUK
10-18-2012, 07:21 PM
Thanks for all your kind thoughts for me and Ruby. She's such a brave girl. She's still eating, but not really enough. She still grooms herself, and does the things she likes to do e.g. watching the TV and making me get out of my seat on the sofa when she wants to sit there! We still have our regular cuddles before I go to bed.

I'm trying to give her the best possible life for the time she has left, and to spend lots of time with her. That's what it's all about now.

Tiffanny Twisted
10-18-2012, 07:35 PM
Hang in Steph.She's not ready to go yet which is a wonderful thing.
You are doing the best under difficult circumstances and your pal ..she knows it.LOve and prayers to you and your dear heart Ruby:angel:

TimothyBFan
10-19-2012, 08:12 AM
Interesting week here and my sister in law and I have told everyone in the family to stay home or wrap yourself in bubble wrap before going out.

Wednesday morning, received a phone call from my brother that his new son in law was in a bad accident on his way to work in Chicago. He walked away, quite sore but nothing broken but car was totaled and so was the other car involved. Ok, cars can be replaced and they had actually been thinking about getting another car and while at our family reunion a couple weeks ago, drove Larry's new car to try it out.

Yesterday afternoon, Larry called to tell me he'd just been in an accident and he was ok but they were waiting for the police to show up, etc.... We made the first payment on the car last week. And the other car involved? A brand new Passat that still had the temporary tags on it. :hilarious: When we do it, we do it right. Our car came out of it pretty well but the other car is pretty wrinkled up. I don't remember who it was here that sang the praises of the Ford Focus when we first bought it, telling us about how they had had a couple of accidents that they walked away from, but it must be true.

And both these less than 3 weeks after Dillon's accident that he's starting physical therapy for today and still having a lot of pain from his separated shoulder and back yet.

Enough already!! :hilarious:

VAisForEagleLovers
10-19-2012, 08:46 AM
TBF, so glad that everyone is OK! Since I drive a Focus, I'm glad to hear it held up well. I hope everyone gets their nerves settled and that the insurance companies does well by everyone.

zeldabjr
10-19-2012, 10:02 AM
I'm gonna start a collection for you...so we can buy you guys industrial size rolls of bubble wrap!...omg so glad everyone is ok...they say things happen in threes so hopefully you're done for a long while!

Brooke
10-19-2012, 10:18 AM
TBF, good grief! I'm so glad everyone is ok!

Troubadour
10-19-2012, 11:19 AM
How scary, Willie! I'm so glad everyone is (relatively) okay!

SallyGee
10-19-2012, 04:26 PM
Willie - Enough is right! Glad everyone is OK.

Steph - I'm glad you are getting this time with Ruby. Lots of cuddling going on I'm sure. Good for you and her.

Tiffanny Twisted
10-19-2012, 07:02 PM
LUCAS HAS ARRIVED!!!!!:yay:
11:OOAM 3LBS 15 OZ
18 AND 3/4 INCHES LONG

PLEASE KEEP HIM AND HIS MOMMA IN YOUR PRAYERS. HE IS IN THE NICU.(He wasnt due till 11-06 GF"S bday)

sodascouts
10-19-2012, 07:18 PM
Steph, aw, it sounds like you are doing the just the right thing for Ruby. She is obviously well-loved.

Yikes, Willie! How awful! Glad you're OK, of course, but still!

TT, I will keep your friend and her baby in my prayers.

Tiffanny Twisted
10-19-2012, 07:25 PM
Interesting week here and my sister in law and I have told everyone in the family to stay home or wrap yourself in bubble wrap before going out.

Wednesday morning, received a phone call from my brother that his new son in law was in a bad accident on his way to work in Chicago. He walked away, quite sore but nothing broken but car was totaled and so was the other car involved. Ok, cars can be replaced and they had actually been thinking about getting another car and while at our family reunion a couple weeks ago, drove Larry's new car to try it out.

Yesterday afternoon, Larry called to tell me he'd just been in an accident and he was ok but they were waiting for the police to show up, etc.... We made the first payment on the car last week. And the other car involved? A brand new Passat that still had the temporary tags on it. :hilarious: When we do it, we do it right. Our car came out of it pretty well but the other car is pretty wrinkled up. I don't remember who it was here that sang the praises of the Ford Focus when we first bought it, telling us about how they had had a couple of accidents that they walked away from, but it must be true.

And both these less than 3 weeks after Dillon's accident that he's starting physical therapy for today and still having a lot of pain from his separated shoulder and back yet.

Enough already!! :hilarious:
TBF cry uncle already.

I"m the one whose son hit the 700lb bear and totalled my first focus. Third accident in that car that three people walked away from. A week after my son had his accident...a gal at work had her new focus hit and she walked away. SHe laughed she didnt even get to make the first payment.''
I think scraming uncle might help at this point..I mean you have nothing to lose right???

tt

StephUK
10-20-2012, 06:41 PM
LUCAS HAS ARRIVED!!!!!:yay:
11:OOAM 3LBS 15 OZ
18 AND 3/4 INCHES LONG

PLEASE KEEP HIM AND HIS MOMMA IN YOUR PRAYERS. HE IS IN THE NICU.(He wasnt due till 11-06 GF"S bday)

Best Wishes to Lucas and his Mom - will be praying for them. Hope Lucas will quickly gain weight and be able to go home home soon.

Tiffanny Twisted
10-20-2012, 06:46 PM
thanks steph.
His platlets number was up today and his cat scan was normal so that is great news.

His momma just texted me he looks better today so thats good too.
Thanks all for the prayers .
he needs them

Brooke
10-20-2012, 07:10 PM
Congrats TT! Awww, such a tiny baby. I'll also keep him and Mom in my thought and prayers.

Topkat
10-20-2012, 07:10 PM
Again trying to catch up in here. My new job keeps me off the board most of the day. I can come on a little bit, but I do have work they expect me to do!!! I'm still new , so no goofing off!!:eyebrow:

Willie, glad everyone is ok from those accidents! Wow that's scary

TT, keeping Lucas in my prayers. Hope that he's improving!

Tiffanny Twisted
10-20-2012, 07:21 PM
thanks for the prayers...He looks better today , and the platlets are up.
Good luck with the new job:thumbsup:

Tiffanny Twisted
10-20-2012, 07:36 PM
Thanks brooke.
I do get to spoil him with love .
they are going through a tough time...he"s such a peanut..
I truly appreciate all the good thoughts and prayers. The little guy needs them.I think its hard for his momma cause shes in one room and he is on another floor in the NICU.
So thanks for the kindness and prayers.
I was a mess yesterday but I am better about his size today since he is improving. Yesterday ...I was so scared but he is getting great care

SallyGee
10-20-2012, 07:50 PM
TT I will definitely keep Lucas and his family in my prayers. It's amazing how the tiniest babies do so well nowadays. I'm sure he will too.

WalshFan88
10-20-2012, 10:35 PM
TT - Prayers sent!

TimothyBFan
10-22-2012, 08:08 AM
Thanks everyone!!!

TT--- best wishes to your friend and the new baby!! I'm sure everything will come out ok. It is amazing how a little one like that can come out of the hospital just as healthy as any other baby.

Hubby and I are celebrating our 24th wedding anniversary today. I don't know how he's managed to put up with me that long. :hilarious:

zeldabjr
10-22-2012, 08:39 AM
Congrats Willie on 24 years!...quite an accomplishment in today's world!

Brooke
10-22-2012, 10:30 AM
Congrats on 24, Willie! Good job! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
10-22-2012, 12:50 PM
That's terrific, Willie! Congrats to you and Larry!

Brooke
10-22-2012, 02:31 PM
Went to the historic Folk Life Festival in Hannibal Saturday. Lots of good food, crafts, and people! OMG, there must have been thousands on Main Street! Fun though!

Freypower
10-22-2012, 04:42 PM
Happy anniversary Willie!

(Mine was on October 9. I mentioned it on Facebook. I didn't think to mention it here. It was the 19th anniversary, for the record).

Henley Honey
10-22-2012, 05:26 PM
Hubby and I are celebrating our 24th wedding anniversary today. I don't know how he's managed to put up with me that long. :hilarious:

Congratulations!!! That's quite an accomplishment! Hope you get to do something special.

Glennsallnighter
10-22-2012, 05:37 PM
Congratulations on 24 years of wedded bliss Willie and Larry! I hope you have many more years of happiness.

TT, I'm delighted that Lucas has arived safely, if a bit prematurely. I'm sure he will thrive from the start.

Tiffanny Twisted
10-22-2012, 05:52 PM
Thanks GA.
We just got the word that his ultra sound of head stomach and lungs came back normal.
HOORAY FOR LUCAS..

He is still in the NICU. SUch a tiny peanut. I appreciate all the prayers from all my border family. It has helped him and his mom and dad and his over nervous godmomma ..me.

TBF-HAppy 24th annivwersary..
Congradulations.JAHH and I celebrate #31 on weds. COngradulations,...it takes a lot of comprimise.:thumbsup::partytime:

Glennsallnighter
10-22-2012, 06:04 PM
I'm having problems with photobucket, the new version. I have been trying to upload pics for the past hour but no joy. Suggestions?

Freypower
10-22-2012, 06:54 PM
Switch back to the old version. The new version is hopeless. Unfortunately I think we will be stuck with it soon. But it has been very slow all round recently.

sodascouts
10-22-2012, 06:57 PM
My Photobucket looks no different... I guess I haven't been lucky enough to have the new version bestowed upon me yet!

zeldabjr
10-22-2012, 07:33 PM
I had trouble with the new version...so I switched back to the old!

Freypower
10-22-2012, 08:14 PM
My Photobucket looks no different... I guess I haven't been lucky enough to have the new version bestowed upon me yet!

You should have had an 'invitation' asking you to switch. If you go to the PB home page you can switch. But at the moment I can only get my main page to load.

Grey Sadler
10-22-2012, 08:38 PM
:partytime::partytime: Congratulations Willie & Hubby!! and Yay Lucas!! :partytime::partytime:

WalshFan88
10-22-2012, 11:34 PM
TBF - Happy Anniversary!

Koala
10-23-2012, 12:22 AM
Congrats Willlie!:)

TimothyBFan
10-23-2012, 07:41 AM
Thanks guys!! We had a nice one. Went out for dinner with a few nieces and nephews and Katie. Next year will really celebrate--- we each turn 50 and celebrate our 25th all within a couple months. That deserves something special. ;)

Tiffanny Twisted
10-23-2012, 06:15 PM
glad u had fun...:headbang:

timfan
10-25-2012, 08:10 AM
GAWD will this never end!!! :brickwall:

Long story short: Thanks to a toe infection (from the removal of an ingrown toenail at a foot clinic) Dad was misdiagnosed with Cellutis in his foot and given Iv treatment at home.. It turns out the foot problem was not cellutis at all but a bad flare up of gout. In the process of this one of the veins used for the Iv collapsed and has now formed a blood clot in his arm.. we are going to see our Gp this morning to figure out the next step in dealing with this .. At this point I am SO frustrated annoyed and scared as it seems like there is always something going wrong in his treatment.

TimothyBFan
10-25-2012, 08:26 AM
Very sorry to hear about this TF!! It's never easy to take care of a sick parent. Hang in there!!

Brooke
10-25-2012, 10:14 AM
tf, I'm sorry about all of this. Hang in there. Hopefully you will get a break from all of this soon.

Don't want to jinx things, but my Mom seems to be doing pretty well right now! Fingers crossed!

Glennsallnighter
10-25-2012, 10:23 AM
Awwww. I'm with you TF! How frustrated you must be with this. At least your Dad can be assured he has the help of a very special and loving daughter.

I know how painful gout can be as my father used to get it (he's on prophylactic tablets for it now) and my husband gets an occasional attack of it too (last time when I was in Niagara Falls). I hope your dad feels a lot better soon :hug:

Brooke! Glad to hear your moms doing well. Let's hope things stay that way

SallyGee
10-25-2012, 04:15 PM
So sorry About your Dad TF. Hope he feels better soon. He's lucky to have you.
Brooke - Glad your Mom's doing well.

VAisForEagleLovers
10-25-2012, 05:01 PM
TF, I don't blame you for being upset, frustrated, and scared. What a lousy deal. I'll keep all of you in my prayers.

Brooke, glad to hear about your Mom.

Tiffanny Twisted
10-25-2012, 05:26 PM
prayers for you and your dad TBF
Hooe they straighten it out soon and he feels better
tt

Tiffanny Twisted
10-25-2012, 10:35 PM
please dear fellow eagles lovers and dear border friends....
Baby Lucas has been transfered to the local childrens hospital in the big city.
He is a sick little guy even though he is gaining weight and now over 5lbs.(yeah:))
Right now they are still testing to confirm their diagnosis but it is a serious disorder having to do with proteins that control blood clotting.
I strongly believe in the power of prayer as does his family so please remember him in your prayers.'Thank you:angel: tt

Grey Sadler
10-25-2012, 10:42 PM
please dear fellow eagles lovers and dear border friends....
Baby Lucas has been transfered to the local childrens hospital in the big city.
He is a sick little guy even though he is gaining weight and now over 5lbs.(yeah:))
Right now they are still testing to confirm their diagnosis but it is a serious disorder having to do with proteins that control blood clotting.
I strongly believe in the power of prayer as does his family so please remember him in your prayers.'Thank you:angel: tt
PRAYING!! :pray:

Tiffanny Twisted
10-25-2012, 10:45 PM
PRAYING!! :pray:
thanks amy:)
:worried:tt:worried::worried:

Glennsallnighter
10-26-2012, 04:04 AM
Of course we will pray for Lucas TT. It's good that he is putting on weight. He sounds like a little fighter!

Tiffanny Twisted
10-26-2012, 06:18 AM
:worried:thanks ga..
you r right ..he is a fighter:thumbsup:

Troubadour
10-26-2012, 09:04 AM
Thoughts and prayers for Lucas and for your dad, TF.

Brooke
10-26-2012, 10:12 AM
Sending prayers for Lucas, TT. It is good that he's gaining weight.

SallyGee
10-26-2012, 02:36 PM
Prayers going out for Lucas.

sodascouts
10-26-2012, 05:42 PM
Kath - how awful! I hope things start getting better for him soon!

I'm praying for Lucas as well... poor baby!

Tiffanny Twisted
10-26-2012, 08:34 PM
friday...lucas update.
Our little god son is 1 week old today.'His weight is 5lbs2oz up from 3lbs 15 oz birth weight.
Cat scan of head and liver are normal.
the picture sent from his momma today...I said he looks like he"s "chilling". His parents are going day to day , actually moment by moment.
THEY THINK HE HAS A SERIOUS DISORDER IN WHICH THE PROTEINS THAT CONTROL BLOOD CLOTTING BECOME ABNOMALLY ACTIVE . they are running tests to confirm.
So dear friends, please continue to pray for this beutiful little guy.His momma and I believe in the power of prayer.Thank you and when we know more I will post.'

timfan
10-27-2012, 11:19 AM
TT: Glad Lucas is gaining weight and hope they get the blood disorder under control quickly.

An update about my Dad: We went to see our GP. She is an AMAZING Doctor for sure! Even tho we were scheduled for a 15 min appt. she spent over an hour with us reviewing what had occured and setting up a personalised treatment plan for Dad. Basically he'll get a daily med shot for a week to 10 days ( thanks to the dr. at home, not having to travel nearly 2 hours to the nearest specialist clinic) and oral blood thinning pills for up to 6 months. Our doctor also pointed out it appears to have been just bad luck and not a chronic issue of blood clotting. On that note she did make Dad promise not to go out in a thunderstorm as his luck has been so bad, he'd likely get struck by lightning! LOL

The big news is that the clot should not interfere too much in our lives except that he'll have to get his blood levels checked fairly regularly but as the clot shrinks the blood tests will become less frequent.

Tiffanny Twisted
10-27-2012, 12:00 PM
TT: Glad Lucas is gaining weight and hope they get the blood disorder under control quickly.

An update about my Dad: We went to see our GP. She is an AMAZING Doctor for sure! Even tho we were scheduled for a 15 min appt. she spent over an hour with us reviewing what had occured and setting up a personalised treatment plan for Dad. Basically he'll get a daily med shot for a week to 10 days ( thanks to the dr. at home, not having to travel nearly 2 hours to the nearest specialist clinic) and oral blood thinning pills for up to 6 months. Our doctor also pointed out it appears to have been just bad luck and not a chronic issue of blood clotting. On that note she did make Dad promise not to go out in a thunderstorm as his luck has been so bad, he'd likely get struck by lightning! LOL

The big news is that the clot should not interfere too much in our lives except that he'll have to get his blood levels checked fairly regularly but as the clot shrinks the blood tests will become more infrequent.
glad you have some good news about your day.

I ahve a blood clotting dissarder and have been on meds for 28 years with frequent checks.....he''ll be fien and I will pray.

Tiffanny Twisted
10-27-2012, 12:11 PM
saturday am.....
:heart::heart::heart:lucas needs a feeding tube since he isn't
eating enough.
the good news today is they dont have to glown and glove up to see him.
remember him in your prayers.:angel::worried::worried:
tt

SallyGee
10-27-2012, 01:33 PM
TF - Sounds like good news for your Dad. What a great doctor he has. I'll keep him in my prayers.

TT - that poor baby and his parents. I can't imagine how they are getting through this. Prayers for them too.

sodascouts
10-27-2012, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the updates,TF and TT. Hope things continue to improve.

Glennsallnighter
10-27-2012, 07:29 PM
TT, I will continue to keep little Lucas in my prayers, and TF, glad your father is improving!

Tiffanny Twisted
10-27-2012, 07:37 PM
thanks ga....JAHH and I lit side by side candles at church tonight @ st monicas shrine.If prayers and love would make him better ...he will be.
I appreciate all the prayers. I feel so bad for his momma to be going through this..its hard.thanks you for your kindness.

Glennsallnighter
10-27-2012, 08:45 PM
We're keeping his parents in our thoughts and prayers too TT :hug:

Tiffanny Twisted
10-28-2012, 11:25 AM
please keep praying everyone.... think we are turning a corner
sunday upate...platelets are still climbing.jaundice is gone so no more "blue light". He can now wear clothes but he"s so tiny nothing fits.lol
I believe in the power of prayer and I have faith so please keep up your prayers:angel:thanks tt

Prettymaid
10-28-2012, 06:15 PM
TF, sounds like one thing your dad is lucky in is having a good doctor! I hope he continues to improve.

TT, Lucas sure does have a lot a folks rooting for him. Include me in that group.

Hubby and I were in an accident last night. We were heading to our favorite pizza place when out of nowhere a car ran a red light and creamed us. Fortunately no one was hurt, and the driver of the other car admitted she was at fault (in front of the police.) It happened so fast. We were traveling through an intersection and had a green light the entire time. There wasn't even screeching of brakes. She was so preoccupied (she told Hubby she was talking to her son, who was in the car with her), she had to ask a witness if she had had a green light. He told her no. :eyebrow: We have no idea how our airbag didn't deploy. Just a second sooner and she would have plowed into the passenger door, where I was sitting.

So, I guess we'll be traveling to St. Louis next weekend in a rental. We have only had our Equinox for 6 months. :-( I love that car.

http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s348/chilca0001/Wrecked%20Equinox%2010-27-12/022.jpg

WalshFan88
10-28-2012, 06:16 PM
OMG PM!!!!!

So glad you guys weren't hurt!!! That car photo looks horrible. Sorry to hear about the car but very glad to hear no one was hurt.

SallyGee
10-28-2012, 06:47 PM
Pm so glad you were not hurt. Could have been so much worse. You must have had an angel sitting on your dashboard.

sodascouts
10-28-2012, 06:51 PM
How frightening! I hate that it happened, but I'm so glad you guys are ok!

Glennsallnighter
10-28-2012, 06:56 PM
PM, I'm so glad that neither you nor you hubby were hurt nor hopefully the girl who ran into you and her son. They may not be your favourite people right now, but I'm sure you wouldn't like to see them hurt. I hope you can get the car repaired easily enough.

TT, glad things are looking up for Lucas. My Chris was 'on the sunbeds' as my sister put it when he was born too! I think if you are born early/quickly (he was both) Jaundice is inevitable. Hope Lucas continues to make progress. he is a little fighter.

I've a really bad cold, bordering on flu I think. I have no energy, the respiratory system is literally running, and I have a horrible headache.

TimothyBFan
10-28-2012, 07:48 PM
Wow, Cathy!! So sorry about that but very glad you guys are ok. What a terrifying experience for you both.

Tiffanny Twisted
10-28-2012, 08:00 PM
OMG PM I am so sorry for your accident.
The car can be replaced but you and hubby cant so I am glad you were ok.
AIrbags...sometimes they only go off if you are hit head on..they didnt deploy when Michael hit the 700 llb bear in august. car was totaled due to framed damaged beyond repair. He also walked away thanks be to god for all of you.

thanks you for praying for lucas. I believe in the power of prayer.I still think st monica is intervining we lit those candles at her shrine last nite for our godson.
thanks you so much everyone for being so supportive and letting me talk about my godbaby.
:inlove::inlove::inlove:

Grey Sadler
10-28-2012, 08:47 PM
:hug: PM & Hubby!!
:pray: and :yay:Lucas

zeldabjr
10-28-2012, 10:53 PM
oh PM...thank God you and your hubby are ok...and the others too!...the car can be fixed!

TF....glad your dad is improving...he's been through so much

TT.....saying prayers for little peanut Lucas!....hope he continues to improve!

VAisForEagleLovers
10-28-2012, 11:12 PM
PM, I'm so glad the two of you are OK! What a close call!

GA, I hope you get to feeling better.

EaglesKiwi
10-29-2012, 03:56 AM
GA - feel better soon!
TF, so glad to hear your Dad has a good doctor who's putting the time into helping him.
PM - so relieved you're okay!!
TT - prayers for Lucas from Down Under too!

Brooke
10-29-2012, 10:44 AM
Pm! OMG, I'm so glad you all weren't hurt! Don't be doing stuff like this so close to our meeting date with JB! I'm also glad no one was hurt in the other car. Bummer about your car though.

Ga, hope you feel better soon!

Tiffanny Twisted
10-29-2012, 01:00 PM
moday lucas update"=:
Platlet numbers are contiuning on the rise,
and his jaudice is gone. HIs bleeding time is normal too. The little guy still needs a feeding tube cause he keeps falling asleep when she tries to feed him.
So as his parents say"please keep praying cause someone is listening to all those prayers".
So please keep praying and thank you so much for all the prayers and well wishes for our god son. tt:bow:

Topkat
10-29-2012, 03:23 PM
PM, I'm glad nobody was hurt Thank goodness! So many people don't pay attention when they are driving. It really makes me mad to see people on the phone, putting on makeup, eating or whatever else they are doing!! People's lives are at stake & they are oblivious...in their own little world! Just pisses me off.

zeldabjr
10-29-2012, 06:24 PM
I'm with you TK...people are way too casual about driving these days...don't realize what a responsibility it is

TT....so glad to hear the peanut update for today!

Glennsallnighter
10-29-2012, 06:30 PM
Yep! Glad the peanut is doin' Ok Tiff!

Tiffanny Twisted
10-29-2012, 06:47 PM
thanks GA and Zelda

Prayers are a wonderful thing.:inlove:

WalshFan88
10-29-2012, 10:59 PM
TF and TT - Prayers sent to you both!
GA - Feel better soon!

Glennsallnighter
10-30-2012, 03:30 PM
Thanks guys! I'm not sneezing any more. If I could shift the headache I'd be happy.

Tiffanny Twisted
10-30-2012, 07:31 PM
ga feel better soon.

lucas is still in chop.
before we lost the phone and internet this am I was greeted by a picture of him with the greeting hoping all his loved ones were safe(such a thoughtful little tyke), Tonight, he was upgraded to a real crib.
He looks like a little football all wrapped up in a very big crib.
I so love the power of prayer.
Thanks for all the prayers for our god son

Grey Sadler
10-30-2012, 10:03 PM
I LOVE seeing good news updates about Lucas!! :partytime:

I just got back from going out with some friends--we started out at the shooting range, then they took me to supper...two of us are teachers & realized the last time we went shooting, we both got out of school for snow the next day :thumbsup: [crossing fingers]

Prettymaid
10-30-2012, 10:50 PM
Well, we got our rental car today - we'll be cruisin' to St. Louis in a 2013 Nissan Altima. Still waiting to hear how much damage was done to our Equinox. The guy at the body repair shop told Hubby that for a vehicle to be totaled the cost of the repairs has to be 80% of the car's value. He said ours was about 70%, but if the airbags had gone off it would have been totaled. We'll see what the insurance company says.

Tiffanny Twisted
11-01-2012, 07:22 PM
Pretty made...sorry you are going through this car stuff. I think airbags are a grand a piece to replace at least..Make sure he checks the frame of the car. good luck

AMY -thanks you make my heart light .

Lucas update today.thursday.
I am a little behind..since the storm we have been having a dickens of a time with our cell phones and we were without land lines and inter net for a day of so do the storm.
He had a MRI of his liver last night on halloween. We might not get results back until monday.His plateltes are up Yeah.

they think it all is going back to his liver function.They are waiting for the mri results before they do a lip biopsy . They think he isnt upsorbing Iron correctly and they dont know why.
SO Prayers please are still needed. He is still in the hospital.
His parents are still asking for prayers....
Our godson is a tough fighter,
thanks