PDA

View Full Version : Montgomery, Alabama - May 18 UPDATE: Not the Eagles after all

VAisForEagleLovers
02-28-2012, 01:10 AM
Ticketmaster added a new show this evening. Montgomery Performing Arts Centre in Montgomery, AL. Presale begins tomorrow, Feb. 29. Not a lot of notice on this one!

VAisForEagleLovers
02-28-2012, 01:37 AM
I have to wonder if someone at Ticketmaster made a big error. Tickets range between $30 and $40?

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/2000485BAED04409?artistid=734977&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

sodascouts
02-28-2012, 06:16 AM
Heck, for that money, I would go. But you know what they say about something being "too good to be true"...

ETA: Yeah, something's not jiving here. Not only are the prices weird, but if you look at the available seats, almost the entire orchestra is grayed out, with only190 seats available in the entire front third of the venue.... or is that how the presales roll? Still, the seats currently available in the front third would be a bargain at that price nonetheless.

Anyone have an American Express card?

Henley Honey
02-28-2012, 08:06 AM
Yeah, something is wrong, but you don't need amex and they are on sale now! :woah:

sodascouts
02-28-2012, 08:39 AM
Looks like it was a mistake. The name on the ticket isn't Eagles, despite ticketmaster listing it as such. I'll call during their office hours to double check.

VAisForEagleLovers
02-28-2012, 10:37 AM
Yeah, it's not on the venue's website, either. But as far as the seats and what's on sale, most PACs announce events and allow ticket sales to those who have donated money first, and they can usually buy those tickets long before the event is announced publicly.

Ive always been a dreamer
02-28-2012, 10:53 AM
Yep - as Soda said, if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. :sad:

sodascouts
02-28-2012, 11:10 AM
The people at ticketmaster were clueless. The representative told me she could cancel orders, but there was no way she could confirm or deny that the band playing was the Eagles.

So, I did my own research. As HH had discovered, the ticket says "BJS Presents Eagles' Hotel California." I did a few searches and came up with a group called the Black Jacket Symphony which has done a show dedicated to the Eagles in the past, has played this venue in the past, and charges the same prices for their shows. While this show itself was not listed on the venue site and I couldn't get a human when I called there, I think it's a safe bet that this show is not really an Eagles show.

VAisForEagleLovers
02-28-2012, 11:19 AM
I guess incompetence abounds everywhere...

sodascouts
02-28-2012, 11:28 AM
Seriously. When I told the lady at Ticketmaster all of this, she said that she did not handle website issues, but agreed to notify her supervisor.

I guess Irving Azoff must not have heard about this yet. Since he is the CEO of Ticketmaster as well as the band's manager, I imagine he'd be able to get it taken down immediately!

VAisForEagleLovers
02-28-2012, 11:34 AM
I suppose it would be appropriate to move this thread to CHEAP Talk and Wine...

sodascouts
02-28-2012, 12:35 PM
True! However, I may leave it up with a modified title for a little while, in case others who have seen the date listed on TM are confused.

TimothyBFan
02-28-2012, 12:42 PM
I guess Irving Azoff must not have heard about this yet. Since he is the CEO of Ticketmaster as well as the band's manager, I imagine he'd be able to get it taken down immediately!

That was my very first thought when I started seeing this. I'd hate to be the person that made the mistake. :fear:

sodascouts
02-28-2012, 12:49 PM
Just checked the TM link and it's fixed. Guess it didn't take long for the info to get up the food chain after all, once TM was made aware of it!

sodascouts
02-28-2012, 12:57 PM
...and the venue just returned my call with cross-confirmation along with the Black Jacket Symphony themselves (I posted on their facebook). Of course, at this point we don't really need it! lol