PDA

View Full Version : Joe & Kenny

DonFan
04-11-2007, 08:13 PM
I have a friend who is a huge Kenny Chesney fan, and she told me at work today that she had heard that Joe Walsh was going on tour with Kenny this summer. When I got home, I got online and here's what I found:

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 – The Eagles guitar ace Joe Walsh will join Kenny Chesney's Flip Flop summer tour playing in Chesney's band. Walsh will be at the Omaha, Neb. show April 12, but not join the tour for good until it hits Las Vegas May 3.

"I don't think there's anybody in the world who doesn't know 'Life's Been Good To Me' or 'Rocky Mountain Way' if they've listened to any rock radio at all," said Chesney. "Those are songs you know even if you don't know that much about music... and then there's the way he tears through 'Life In the Fast Lane' and 'All Night Long.' We're talking some very serious stuff! (Lead guitarist) Clayton (Mitchell) couldn't be happier - because he's gonna get to go out there and trade some hardcore playing with not just a hero, but a guy who really turned electric guitar into something scary on pop radio." Walsh was previously with the James Gang before launching a solo career and later joining The Eagles.

"Like I said," Chesney says about the guy adding the firepower with the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame credentials. "If you've ever listened to rock radio, you know Joe Walsh. Getting him to come out here with us is gonna be a total blast...cause nobody's lived the life quite like him and absolutely nobody plays guitar like he does, either. I think it's gonna take it up a bunch getting him out here with us."

Although it's a last minute deal, Walsh will be in Omaha for the tour's kick-off Thursday, April 12, but he will not begin touring regularly with the Flip Flop Summer Tour until the tour stops in Las Vegas. Walsh will miss five shows. "We've got a pretty hot line-up," said Chesney. "Figure we've got Pat Green, who knows how to throw a party out front, and Sugarland, who've been tearing it up, right behind him. We're ready to rock... and we're coming fully loaded. All the fans gotta do is show up and be ready to party."
-------------------------------------------

I checked and the tour is actually coming to Birmingham for once, in September, so I can plan on being there!

I guess this means the Eagles aren't even thinking about touring until late fall, however.

sodascouts
04-11-2007, 08:39 PM
Oh - great news for the Joe fans! I'll have to check and see if he's coming near me.

Let's hope that the other guys take a hint from Joe. It would be nice to catch a solo show here or there!

DonFan
04-11-2007, 08:55 PM
My thoughts exactly. I saw Joe last year with the James Gang and he was great, and now I can see him again, which is also great, but.......
I need a Don solo show very badly! 8)

Maleah
04-12-2007, 12:09 AM
I'm kinda bummed, Kenny's coming to ND........but before Joe joins for the rest of the tour. :( If I had the money, I'd drive to MN to see him though!

Brooke
04-12-2007, 10:02 AM
Wow, this is great news (although bad for an Eagles tour!)!

I'm a big fan of Kenny, too! I got to see him in Peoria a year or so ago and he puts on a fantastic show! He is absolutely all over the place during his show. I highly recommend anyone go see! :D

sodascouts
04-12-2007, 10:05 AM
Is Joe just going to be a member of the backing band? Or will he get to play some of his own songs? As much as I love Joe, I'm not going to drive 3 hours there and back to see him if all he's doing is playing in the band (there aren't any closer shows to me).

Maleah
04-12-2007, 05:33 PM
There is absolutely NO way that Kenny won't have Joe play at least one of his songs. My guess is he would probably do Rocky Mountain Way, Life's Been Good, and either Funk #49 or Walk Away.Or possibly the other song that Kenny mentioned in the article. (can't remember it) But I would guess there will be at LEAST 2 songs performed by Joe....possibly 3.

There's just no way, seeing as Kenny is both a huge fan and friend, that he won't want to play with Joe on some of his songs.

sodascouts
04-12-2007, 05:42 PM
Cool - thanks, Maleah.

Ive always been a dreamer
04-14-2007, 04:06 PM
Yeah - I checked this out and there are a couple of shows scheduled that are within a couple hours drive for me, but I want to see what Joe's going to be doing before I decide to go. I was very bombed that I was unable to get to any of the James Gang shows. There weren't any close to me, but I did try very hard to get to one of the shows, but it just was not to be! :cry:

Maleah
04-14-2007, 05:40 PM
Don't go.......sounds like the only show Joe is going to be able to appear at was the Omaha one. Something must have come up the land of the Eagles :D

Ive always been a dreamer
04-15-2007, 02:32 AM
Thank for that update, Maleah! I guess Joe changes his mind a lot here lately! Hmmm - I wonder what could have come up in the land of the Eagles that would make Joe change his mind??? :D :wink:

DonFan
04-18-2007, 05:32 PM
While I am disappointed that Joe won't be coming here with Kenny, I certainly hope this means the Eagles will be posting tour dates soon!

sodascouts
04-18-2007, 06:35 PM
I wonder how much lead time they need to schedule dates?

tbs fanatic
04-30-2007, 01:57 PM
Any more updates on Kenny and Joe shows? Is Joe really only doing the Omaha show now?

Brooke
04-30-2007, 02:26 PM
You would think that Kenny would mention something about Joe on his website, but I haven't found anything! :?

sodascouts
04-30-2007, 04:45 PM
Maybe it's still in flux which shows he'll do - although they need to cement it soon!

As far as the Eagles touring goes.... I doubt we'll see it this summer. MAYBE August, but it's almost May and no announcements... doesn't bode well. Regardless, it seems logical to assume a good portion of the tour will be conducted in the fall. Mind you, I don't presume to have any "inside knowledge." I'm just speculating.