PDA

View Full Version : Speech-Jamming Device?!

sodascouts
03-03-2012, 07:38 PM
I, for one, find this very disturbing.

Japan Invents Speech-Jamming Gun (http://www.myfoxorlando.com//dpp/news/scitech/science/030212-japan-invents-speech-jamming-gun-that-silences-people-mid-sentence)

Henley Honey
03-03-2012, 08:46 PM
It sounds fishy to me. I'd be more concerned if there were confirmation or discussion from sources other than the two researchers/inventors.

How come they can invent something to zap my voice into silence, but not something to zap my thighs into smaller sized jeans??? Now THAT would be an invention!! :woah: I'm just sayin . . . .

sodascouts
03-03-2012, 08:59 PM
Anyone who could create that kind of a device would be a billionaire within a week of it hitting the market!

Ive always been a dreamer
03-04-2012, 01:43 PM
Yeah - that speech zapping device is very weird, although, admittedly, I can think of a few times where it would have come in very handy! :wink:

And we really need to figure out how to invent that thigh zapper to raise money for our Eagles concert funds. :lol:

EaglesKiwi
03-05-2012, 04:50 AM
The speech-zapper might have been invented by parents of teenagers*...

... still somewhat disturbing though.

*To demonstrate what might have inspired it, here's one of my most recent conversations with my teenage son:

Hamish: "What's for DINNER, I'm HUUUUNGRY. Aaaaw, not CHICKEN, I don't like chicken!"

Me: "It's honey-mustard chicken, it will be nice."

Hamish: "Do I have to have it? <Heaves huge sigh>. Just a really tiny bit then.";

Me (to husband - Robert): "Dip your finger in the sauce, see if you like it."

Hamish dips his finger in, then dips it in again. "Can I have some of that on my chicken?".

Me: "Yes, that's what it's for."

Ten minutes later...
Hamish: "Is there any more chicken?"

Ten minutes after his second helping...
Hamish (in passing, not actually talking to me): "That was really yum."

:roll: :p

VAisForEagleLovers
03-05-2012, 10:34 AM
Nice story, EK!

I had been thinking that the device was invented by a bunch of geeky teens to shut their parents up!

The device sounds like something from a bad movie, but the fact they've taken it even the short distance they have is scary. And I agree with the others, this sort of dedication to technological advances would do much better on the thigh-zapper.

Ive always been a dreamer
03-05-2012, 12:00 PM
Love that story, EK - so typical of teenagers! :wink: :nod: