PDA

View Full Version : Hell Freezes Over Setlist

pockets75
03-06-2012, 11:48 PM
Does anyone know where I can find - or even better, get the audio on - their Columbus, Ohio show from August 13 1994? Also, what were the names of their backing musicians on that tour? I was at this show but my own recollections are spotty and I was hoping someone could help me out!

sodascouts
03-07-2012, 12:38 AM
I'm afraid I don't have the audio for this, but here's the setlist from a show that took place a few days after yours:

1 ) Hotel California
2 ) Victim Of Love
4 ) New Kid In Town
5 ) Wasted Time
6 ) Pretty Maids All In A Row
7 ) The Girl From Yesterday
8 ) I Can't Tell You Why
9 ) New York Minute
10 ) Ordinary Average Guy
11 ) Lyin' Eyes
12 ) One Of These Nights
13 ) Tequila Sunrise
14 ) Help Me Through the Night
15 ) Love Will Keep Us Alive
16 ) The Heart of the Matter
17 ) You Belong to the City
18 ) The Boys of Summer
19 ) Funk #49
20 ) Dirty Laundry
21 ) Smuggler's Blues
22 ) Life's Been Good
23 ) All She Wants to Do Is Dance
24 ) Heartache Tonight
25 ) Life in the Fast Lane
26 ) Get Over It
27 ) Rocky Mountain Way
28 ) Already Gone
29 ) Desperado
30 ) Take It Easy

Freypower
03-07-2012, 12:42 AM
Presumably the backing musicians were Scott Crago (drums), Timothy Drury (keyboards) & Al Garth (sax). They had nowhere near as many backing musicians then as they have now.

pockets75
03-07-2012, 11:43 PM
Thanks for the info. The setlist seems to more or less gel with memory, in that they started out heavy on "Hotel" cuts and then there was this never ending middle part of solo songs. I thought then & still think now that they sounded great, but it was a bizarre set in some respects for a band that had been away that long! As for the backing musicians, I'm pretty positive Drury and Crago were there. But I remember there being a third "extra" hand, and I don't think it was a sax player - is John Corey a possibility?

Freypower
03-08-2012, 12:00 AM
Thanks for the info. The setlist seems to more or less gel with memory, in that they started out heavy on "Hotel" cuts and then there was this never ending middle part of solo songs. I thought then & still think now that they sounded great, but it was a bizarre set in some respects for a band that had been away that long! As for the backing musicians, I'm pretty positive Drury and Crago were there. But I remember there being a third "extra" hand, and I don't think it was a sax player - is John Corey a possibility?

I can assure you that Al Garth was on that tour because he has been with them since the reunion. He played sax on You Belong To The City. You are correct about John Corey.

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/band/corey.htm