PDA

View Full Version : Party of Two doing Private Show on April 24

sodascouts
04-11-2007, 10:31 PM
Just stumbled across this mention of Glenn and Joe doing a show for the National Association of Chain Drug Stores on April 24. Makes you wish you were a pharmacist! See more details on their website (http://meetings.nacds.org/annual/2007/speakers.cfm).

Freypower
04-11-2007, 11:20 PM
Well, that is interesting. I'm glad to see Joe do this before he apparently becomes a backing musician (with Kenny Chesney) in the American summer.

Maleah
04-11-2007, 11:49 PM
before he apparently becomes a backing musician (with Kenny Chesney) in the American summer.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT??????????????? You're joking right? He's going to be playing for Kenny????? Maybe there's still tickets left for Kenny's concert nearby!!!! :shock: :laugh:

glenneaglesfan
04-12-2007, 05:43 AM
Wow, thanks for the link, Soda. Huey Lewis as well... the pharmaceutical industry must be doing pretty well!

DonFan
04-12-2007, 09:00 AM
Kinda makes you want to sell drugs, doesn't it? :twisted:

tbs fanatic
04-12-2007, 02:23 PM
Joe's backing up Kenny Chesney?????? Really???????

Freypower
04-13-2007, 02:17 AM
It now seems that this isn't in fact true and that the Eagles album may in fact be released in June. :?

Molly
04-13-2007, 08:58 AM
Wow, thanks for the link, Soda. Huey Lewis as well... the pharmaceutical industry must be doing pretty well!

That's an understatement, Kate, the pharmaceutical industry is so powerful, some say they call all the shots regarding the healthcare industry here in the U.S.

So, will the show's finale be everyone up on stage singing Huey's "I Want a New Drug"?

Molly
04-13-2007, 09:03 AM
As I'm typing this, our local rock radio station just started talking about the new Eagles album "on good word" being released in June! The station has some "music industry expert" named Gary Graf on every Friday to discuss industry news.

When the expert said they haven't released an album in 28 years, since "The Long Run", the DJ's laughed and said the new one album should be called "The Long Time In Between".

sodascouts
04-13-2007, 09:24 AM
Well, whaddya know! June! That's great! But... is the office still saying "no comment"? (Can you tell I'm paranoid? lol)

sodascouts
04-13-2007, 09:25 AM
So, will the show's finale be everyone up on stage singing Huey's "I Want a New Drug"?

Bwahaha!

Glennsallnighter
04-14-2007, 06:59 AM
My major subject in my degree was pharmacology, closely allied to Pharmaceuticals. Does that mean I should try to wrangle free tickets ? :D Some hope!

glenneaglesfan
04-14-2007, 09:18 AM
Worth a try, GA!!

When the expert said they haven't released an album in 28 years, since "The Long Run", the DJ's laughed and said the new one album should be called "The Long Time In Between".

Good one!! (But haven't they forgotten HFO?)

It does sound more and more as if this album may be released at last.

Ive always been a dreamer
04-14-2007, 02:01 PM
Hey guys - whatever connections it takes to get into that show Tuesday night, I'm all for it. Last week when I first saw this post, I was thinking about going out the next day and getting temp jobs at CVS, Rite Aid, and Walgreens just so I could sign up for the conference. :wink: :wink:

I agree that there is quite an impressive line up of speakers and entertainers at that conference. I guess those chain drug stores spare no expenses for their valued employees.

On another note - I noticed that they listed "I've Got Mine" as one of Glenn's memorable solo hits on his mini bio. I thought that was very interesting - wonder if that means they have requested that he perform the song.
OMG - what I wouldn't give to see that! :inlove:

sodascouts
04-15-2007, 04:58 PM
I seriously doubt they requested him to do anything, especially not that song! I doubt he would do it even if they did. These mini-bios are usually written by their PR people I think. It is interesting that they highlight that song, though.