PDA

View Full Version : Hi from (obsessed) in North Carolina!

lizzyplays
03-12-2012, 08:08 AM
Hi everyone!

Just found the site and joined immediately. Am looking forward to getting to know you guys and maybe meet in person down the road. I drive my friends crazy with all my constant Eagle talk but I don't think that'll happen in here. :-)

I'm going to my first ever Eagles concert in May, in Atlanta. Driving down from here (I posted that in another area too). Is anyone else here going to that show too? I'm going alone! But, that's better than having a friend in tow who really isn't into the show as much as I will.

Ok, I'm starting to babble as I always do, but I just love all things Eagles and am happy to have found a place with like-minded souls. :applause:

TimothyBFan
03-12-2012, 09:06 AM
I just welcomed you in the other thread but thought I'd do it again!! :thumbsup: Tell us some about you. Who's your favorite Eagle?

lizzyplays
03-12-2012, 09:40 AM
I will fill out my profile later today, am headed to work shortly, but for now... I'm a 48 yr old female, not married, and kind of starting my life over in my 40's. (Long story... but fell prey to many vices over the years but on my way to better things now).

I'm obsessed with Glenn. Most of my favorite Eagles songs are the ones he sings lead in and I could look at 70's pics of Glenn for days on end (and I do). Love his voice, smooth as silk...

If I could ever meet him in person, I think that I would just die!

Brooke
03-12-2012, 10:21 AM
Welcome lp! Glad you found us and you will find yourself in good company around here with Glenn being your favorite! I'm also one that loves his 70's look best! :smokin:

This is a fun place to be for all Eagles lovers!

Windeagle
03-12-2012, 10:27 AM
Hi LP! Welcome to the Border. Like you, I'm 48 and rediscovering my love of the Eagles after a long hiatus. Looking forward to chatting with you and hope you enjoy your time here.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-12-2012, 10:35 AM
Welcome again, lp, and yes, you have plenty of company here with being obsessed with the Eagles and having Glenn as a favorite!

sodascouts
03-12-2012, 02:35 PM
Welcome! You're amongst those who understand the obsession, believe me!

WalshFan88
03-12-2012, 02:45 PM
Welcome to the Border!

:cheers:

lizzyplays
03-12-2012, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the great welcome by everyone!! It's a relief to know that I can gush and act silly over Glenn and The Eagles in general and people will understand!! I've already started viewing some of the picture threads and have seen many photos that I've not run across before so I am quite elated. My favorite activity is watching the video footage from the 70's. I just LOVE that and can watch the same video 10 times in a row, looking for anything I missed... a quirky smile, sly grin, watching fingers play chords... it doesn't matter... I'm obsessed. :thumbsup:

Freypower
03-12-2012, 06:03 PM
Welcome Lizzy. As you can perhaps tell, I think you've got good taste. :partytime:

lizzyplays
03-12-2012, 08:40 PM
Welcome Lizzy. As you can perhaps tell, I think you've got good taste. :partytime:

I couldn't agree with you more!! :applause: Thanks for the welcome!!

Koala
03-13-2012, 01:17 AM
Hi LP! Welcome to the Border!

Hi everyone!

I drive my friends crazy with all my constant Eagle talk.

That I know! My friends and family must also "suffer"!

Glennsallnighter
03-14-2012, 12:48 PM
I will fill out my profile later today, am headed to work shortly, but for now... I'm a 48 yr old female, not married, and kind of starting my life over in my 40's. (Long story... but fell prey to many vices over the years but on my way to better things now).

I'm obsessed with Glenn. Most of my favorite Eagles songs are the ones he sings lead in and I could look at 70's pics of Glenn for days on end (and I do). Love his voice, smooth as silk...

If I could ever meet him in person, I think that I would just die!

Welcome from me too! And I'm delighted to meet another Glenn:heart: obsessed lady. Like you, I too would die if I met him! SOOOOOO true about his voice. I've pics of him up all over my locker at work! Enjoy posting!

GlennLover
03-14-2012, 01:20 PM
Welcome from me as well! You can tell from my Avatar & signature that Glenn is my fav too! And yes, I am totally obsessed! I'm sure we will have great discussions about Glenn & the other Eagles too. I love all the guys!

lizzyplays
03-14-2012, 02:51 PM
Thanks for all the warm welcomes!! I finally feel like I belong somewhere with people who understand! I'm not new to my obsession but I'm new to having people to talk with about it! I was beginning to think that I was sick and in need of some serious help, but now I see that I am not alone and I feel better! I don't know why I never thought to check for a fan site before.... oh well, better late than never and I'm here to stay! :yay:

Brooke
03-14-2012, 04:37 PM
That's right lizzy, you are not alone! :wink:

Topkat
03-14-2012, 06:43 PM
Welcome to The Border! I'm sure you will love it here! So many great people

lizzyplays
03-14-2012, 08:09 PM
I feel right at home already!! You girls please let me know if I appear to excited or pushy... lol I'm just over the moon at being here and being able to share in everyone else's obsession and fun too!

GlennLover
03-14-2012, 08:29 PM
I feel right at home already!! You girls please let me know if I appear to excited or pushy... lol I'm just over the moon at being here and being able to share in everyone else's obsession and fun too!

Lizzy, I don't think there is such a thing as being "too excited" on The Border, LOL. And you certainly aren't being too pushy.

TimothyBFan
03-15-2012, 08:41 AM

Stick with us kid, we'll help you through it!!! :thumbsup:

Troubadour
03-16-2012, 07:10 PM
Welcome from me too, Lizzy! Glad to have you here. I'm a Don girl, but I can certainly understand the '70s Glenn obsession! ;) Hope you have lots of fun with us on The Border.

lizzyplays
03-16-2012, 07:50 PM
Hi! I am already having loads of fun!! It feels great to 'belong' somewhere as an equally obsessed fan! Just wish I had found you guys years ago, but I am happy to be here and look forward to the future with all of you! I'm glad you're a Don fan... one less Glenn fan I have to share with. hehe :thumbsup:

Brooke
03-17-2012, 10:36 AM
lizzy, just love your av and banner! I'm also a huge fan of that look for Glenn. Very HS & G (hot, sexy and gorgeous!) ! Yum! :smitten:

lizzyplays
03-17-2012, 11:47 AM
lizzy, just love your av and banner! I'm also a huge fan of that look for Glenn. Very HS & G (hot, sexy and gorgeous!) ! Yum! :smitten:

thank you!! I love that HS & G!! Fits him SO perfectly!! :drool:

I know I am making up for the past... I was really too young to be into the Eagles when they were at their prime, and he was at what I consider maximum hotness. I hated mustaches but now I am drawn to that look of his like a magnet. :faint::smitten::fainting:

Ive always been a dreamer
03-17-2012, 03:06 PM
I'm a little late, but welcome from me as well, Lizzy. Glad you found us and hope you enjoy yourself here on The Border. If you want to talk about the Eagles, you have come to the right place. Have a blast and glad to see you joining in on the fun!

lizzyplays
03-17-2012, 03:24 PM
Thanks! I am having a lot of fun here! Spending a lot of time going through all the posts and pictures from the beginning, so I have a lot to catch up on. It's great to see how friendly and welcoming everyone is and I can't wait to meet people as we go along and become an integral part of the group!