PDA

View Full Version : Press and Discussion about Glenn's new album "After Hours"

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Henley Honey
03-14-2012, 10:48 AM
Check it out! www.GlennFreyAfterHours.com (http://www.GlennFreyAfterHours.com)

Album release date May 8th!!!! :applause:

He describes After Hours:

"This isn't really a Standards record. It's more about these romantic songs. Except for Route 66, they're all love songs -- even the guy in Route 66 -- he loves driving, and he likes giving directions."

There are short video clips of him singing & mixing the album.

Caroline No sounds amazing -- even better than when he performed it live in Niagara Falls.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-14-2012, 10:51 AM
Kudos to someone who actually reads emails!! Love you, HH!

timfan
03-14-2012, 10:53 AM
I am FREAKING!!! :yay: Amazing I luv the site!

ETA: the video is amazing seeing the behind the scenes making of the album is WOWEE!

TimothyBFan
03-14-2012, 11:06 AM
I'm kinda rethinking this cd after seeing that!!! He sounds wonderful and I love his voice on Caroline No. Also love the fact he says he's glad he did this cd for him and his parents. Awwww...... :thumbsup:

Troubadour
03-14-2012, 11:07 AM
How exciting! May 8th is my birthday. :angel: Loving the clips on the site!

Windeagle
03-14-2012, 11:10 AM
Wow! Glenn's actually got a Facebook now. I've linked mine to it.

sodascouts
03-14-2012, 11:11 AM
Is it really Glenn? If so, link to the FB here please!

timfan
03-14-2012, 11:13 AM
Soda here's the FB that's link thru the website:
https://www.facebook.com/GlennFreyOfficial#!/GlennFreyOfficial

VAisForEagleLovers
03-14-2012, 11:17 AM
Soda,you've already 'liked' it, and there's NOTHING on it.

https://www.facebook.com/GlennFreyOfficial

Windeagle
03-14-2012, 11:18 AM
Soda here's the FB that's link thru the website:
https://www.facebook.com/GlennFreyOfficial#!/GlennFreyOfficial

Yeah, that's how I saw it. I linked through the website. Looks like he joined on 2/29/12.

TimothyBFan
03-14-2012, 11:30 AM
Yeah, I already had it liked also and wondered how I had missed a big announcement like this but when I went onto it, there's nothing there yet. Thank goodness the Borderers are always "on it!!"!!!!

Glennsallnighter
03-14-2012, 11:48 AM
YAY!!!!!!!

I cannot actually believe we have a date at last. I've checked out the website too! Fabulous. It is wonderful that things are finally moving in the right direction.

Happy Birthday LOU!!!!!!!!

WalshFan88
03-14-2012, 11:52 AM
VERY cool! I love the video on the After Hours site. I will likely pick up the album as well. Now if Joe can just get his album out - which should be out in May/June from what I'm hearing. It would be a great summer! :D

Henley Honey
03-14-2012, 12:20 PM
Kudos to someone who actually reads emails!! Love you, HH!

The only credit I can take is being observant and reading my e-ticket where it was prominently displayed!

Glennsallnighter
03-14-2012, 12:21 PM
Does anyone have any information on how the new CD will be distributed? Ie will it be on Amazon for pre order? Or through a big store like Walmart?

Henley Honey
03-14-2012, 12:22 PM
I'm checking now. I'll let you know what I come up with!

GlennLover
03-14-2012, 12:32 PM
WOO HOO!!!!!!!!

I just logged in & saw the heading for this thread!!! Haven't even gone to the site yet (which I will do immediately after posting this). This has really given me an uplift. I have been having a difficult time lately so this news couldn't come at a better time! :yay:

Glennsallnighter
03-14-2012, 12:44 PM
YAY Ann! I'm glad it's lifted you. I can't wait to see Canada as venue on the site! Hopefully in summer

GlennLover
03-14-2012, 01:05 PM
Just watched the video! all I can say is WOW! WOW! WOW! :applause: :heart: :woah::faint::fainted::thud:

That voice!!! How smooth! Such emotion! So handsome! I love what he is doing with "After Hours". I was wondering what instuments he would use on it. And we learned what more of the songs are. I don't recognize them from the titles so I am going to search YouTube to see if there are any videos posted so I can hear the tunes. Glenn has finally joined the age of social networking! This is much more than I could have imagined from him!

THANK YOU, GLENN!!!!!

whitcap
03-14-2012, 01:20 PM
Sweet! Come on May! I can't wait for all the solo albums due out sometime this year! Felder and Joe have said that their albums would be out sometime around May as well :) Although neither of them have set a definite release date yet it can't be too much longer. And then there's Don who is working on a new album as well :) 2012 is definitely a good year to be an Eagles fan!

(This is a bit of a random tid bit but May happens to be the most popular month for solo releases historically. Seven past solo albums (at least one by each of the current members) have been released in May. I think its just a coincidence but I still found it interesting.)

I've gone ahead and signed up for the mailing list at the bottom of the webpage. We'll see what kind of emails they send. Some bands/artists use them more than others.

GlennLover
03-14-2012, 01:24 PM
Thanks for that trivia, whitcap! I signed up for the emails too. We'll see. Hopefully they will let us know where it will be available!

EasyFeeling
03-14-2012, 01:56 PM
Hi all, long time no see :) I've just read on facebook about Glenn's new album. And he's coming to NYC on May 9. I will be there the week before and leave on May 8, I can't believe it !!! Would be the first chance for me to see him without the Eagles! OMG, I wanna die :-x

Brooke
03-14-2012, 02:02 PM
EF, welcome back! Surely you could delay your trip back for a couple days? It's a must!

EasyFeeling
03-14-2012, 02:05 PM
Not possible, going with a friend and flight and hotels are booked. No chance for a delay. Booohooooo, I'm so sad !!

Forgot to say... hi Brooke :)

GlennLover
03-14-2012, 02:09 PM
EF, I know how you feel! If there is any way at all that you can stay for the concert-go for it!

Austin, I'm glad that you like what you heard & saw on the "After Hours" site & that you are considering buying the CD.

I just listened to the other songs Glenn mentioned in the video. "The Good Life" & "I Wanna Be Around" both are familiar to me with the former being the most recognizable. Both songs have been sung by Frank Sinatra & Tony Bennett. I can't wait to hear Glenn's renditions!

whitcap
03-14-2012, 02:27 PM
There was just a post made by Glenn's Facebook :) it was the video from his website.

I'm not too familiar with any of the songs Glenn is covering so most of the songs will be new to me. I recognize a few of the titles but I think Caroline No is the only one I've actually heard and that was only because Timothy recorded it.

Lisa
03-14-2012, 03:24 PM
Great news about the CD release date! It'll be fun to hear those old songs.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-14-2012, 03:50 PM
A new album with a release date, solo tour dates announced, and an official Facebook page. If someone had mentioned this a week ago, I'd have thought they were crazy.

thelongrun
03-14-2012, 04:05 PM
I've just got this on my FBook!

http://player.vimeo.com/video/38041335

Great!

Brooke
03-14-2012, 04:33 PM
ACK! OMG! OMG! May 8th everybody! It's happening! :blueblob:

What a cool video and Glenn looks awesome! :inlove:

sodascouts
03-14-2012, 05:12 PM
Oh, I already liked the Facebook page? Duh! Sorry guys, my brain hasn't been functioning too well today!

VAisForEagleLovers
03-14-2012, 05:16 PM
Oh, I already liked the Facebook page? Duh! Sorry guys, my brain hasn't been functioning too well today!

It's the one that used to be linked to the Wikipedia text about who Glenn Frey is. It's now a real page.

Freypower
03-14-2012, 05:36 PM
Holy heavens above.

I don't even want to look until I've read everything else as I usually do.

I do not believe this is happening.

Henley Honey
03-14-2012, 05:37 PM
Brace yourself, FP! Your gonna love it!

timfan
03-14-2012, 05:48 PM
You know the other thing I really like about this video is I feel we actually get to see something of how Glenn works on songs; I love the part when he talks about arranging Caroline No.... It's soo obvious he has a vision :applause:

GlennLover
03-14-2012, 05:49 PM
Holy heavens above.

I don't even want to look until I've read everything else as I usually do.

I do not believe this is happening.

It really is unbelieveable, Julie! Words can't describe it! I'm still flying high. I've lost track of how many times I have watched the video!

sodascouts
03-14-2012, 06:05 PM
I watched it with a clear head a little while ago and oh my gosh, when he started to sing "After Hours," my heart melted!

Guys, do you think he will play the song "After Hours" live this tour??? It is so magnificent... I would die!

He's right about this album introducing people to the music. I know I'd never even heard of most of these songs before.

Freypower
03-14-2012, 06:13 PM
I don't have a clear head. I don't have anything.

I will be sensible though & think that the title track will be a given; did you notice the change of words to 'when I see the quiet street/I always think of her'?

I've never seen him look that good or pour his charisma out like that.

I'll do some screen shots.

I'm just absolutely shellshocked.

Oh, and I love the album cover! :applause: :heart::fainting: :drunk:

And when he was singing Caroline No that is exactly what he looked like at Niagara Falls.

And, and, and........ :applause::applause:

Tori
03-14-2012, 07:02 PM
This is awesome! I especially like After Hours and he does an awesome rendition of Route 66. I can't wait for the new album to come out!

Glennhoney
03-14-2012, 09:22 PM
OMG...at long last...we have a date, and a facebook account, a video...UNREAL..this is SO awesome....:heart::heart::heart::heart:

GlennLover
03-14-2012, 11:24 PM
I don't have a clear head. I don't have anything.

I will be sensible though & think that the title track will be a given; did you notice the change of words to 'when I see the quiet street/I always think of her'?

I've never seen him look that good or pour his charisma out like that.

I'll do some screen shots.

I'm just absolutely shellshocked.

Oh, and I love the album cover! :applause: :heart::fainting: :drunk:

And when he was singing Caroline No that is exactly what he looked like at Niagara Falls.

And, and, and........ :applause::applause:

I haven't had a clear hear since I logged in & saw this thread! :partytime:

I agree that "After Hours" will be a given. He has featured it prominently in the video. I noticed the change in words. What do you think of it?

He sure is oozing the charisma! He is looking mighty fine! :fainting:

Love the screen shot you posted! :inlove:

I can just picture your face as you watched the video! I wish I had been there to see your reaction. :)

The album cover is gorgeous! :heart:

"Caroline No" brought back those wonderful memories of Niagara Falls to me too! :singer: :sigh:

I could go on all night about it but I better get to bed & dream of Glenn.

Freypower
03-14-2012, 11:56 PM
My reaction, if that's what you can call it, was peculiar. It consisted of having extremely sweaty palms & making a couple of strange noises. I had the usual instinctual response to this sort of thing; i.e. in the words of the Crowded House song I just fall at his feet. It took me a while to get the screen shots done properly because I kept 'missing' vital shots so I had to watch it, again & again.

I have to say that I found Elliot Scheiner's statement 'hearing him sing like this will blow people's minds' to be very accurate. I was staggered by how mellow & rich his voice is in these songs. Yet he refers to himself always as a musician ('I've matured as a musician') not a singer. Watching him as he stood there and immersed himself in the songs was quite mesmerising.

I don't know why but I think the lyric change in After Hours emphasises the melancholy & the feeling of remembrance.

On a lighter note the description of the guy in Route 66 who loves driving & giving directions; how true is that?! The leadership stuff. All I can say is that it was particularly nice to be given a personal direction in that song. :partytime:

Oh and by the way I guess GFO can now have an After Hours Era.

sodascouts
03-15-2012, 12:48 AM
There are a lot of changes that are going to be needed on GFO. The only problem is that my desktop with all of the GFO files on it is corrupted and out of commission. That means that I have to make changes the hard way - hand-coding in html without the use of editing software that allows me a visual preview. It's going to be a long, arduous task, and it will take some time.

Glennsallnighter
03-15-2012, 04:28 AM
Well I was covering class with one of my best friends at work (closet Glenn :heart: fan. She bought the Allnighter on vinyl in 84) when Lou texted me the link and the date of release. Like FP, my palms started to sweat, and I could actually feel the blood drain out of my face. My hands to shake, and by the time class finished 5 minutes later and I let the students go my whole body was shaking! Unfortunately when I went into the link it was blocked by the school and I had a meeting. But we checked out the video in the car on the way home!!!

It is absolutely wonderful. I was so impressed firstly as to how fit, happy, confident and 'in control' Glenn :heart: is in it. I loved the the studio clips, and as for Glenn:heart:'s voice............ Absolutely melting IMHO.

I cannot believe that all of this is actually happening in the next 8 weeks or so!

I tried to save the video off the site. It wouldn't save to realplayer. Ideas?

Glennsallnighter
03-15-2012, 04:29 AM
There are a lot of changes that are going to be needed on GFO. The only problem is that my desktop with all of the GFO files on it is corrupted and out of commission. That means that I have to make changes the hard way - hand-coding in html without the use of editing software that allows me a visual preview. It's going to be a long, arduous task, and it will take some time.

If there is anything I can do to help Soda, please let me know!

EaglesKiwi
03-15-2012, 05:19 AM
My reaction, if that's what you can call it, was peculiar. It consisted of having extremely sweaty palms & making a couple of strange noises. I had the usual instinctual response to this sort of thing; i.e. in the words of the Crowded House song I just fall at his feet. It took me a while to get the screen shots done properly because I kept 'missing' vital shots so I had to watch it, again & again.
It's a hard job, but someone has to do it. :rofl::inlove:

Mrs Frey
03-15-2012, 06:40 AM
OH, MY GOODNESS!!! :applause: :yay: :yay: :yay: :thumbsup: :grin: :grin: :grin: :heart: :heart: :heart:

I can't say I'm surprised at the level of excitement here. As you've probably noticed, I haven't had a chance to get on The Border over the last few days, but I have been on Facebook, and when I saw the news about Glenn's website yesterday afternoon it brought a surge of happiness and my first genuine smile of the day (I've been having a tough week).

THIS IS FANTASTIC NEWS!!!

I went straight to Glenn's :heart: website, following the link from Facebook, and I managed to watch the video twice while I worked. Glenn :heart: looks GREAT :heart:, and he sounds even better. I LOVE the fact that he is singing these old classics. Now I can hear "After Hours" in glorious clarity.

I just hope that the album will be released in South Africa. With the Eagles touring here soon, perhaps it will happen. But I won't be holding my breath. If all else fails, I will get a music store to order it.

I haven't bought any new CDs in a long time - there hasn't been that much to get excited about - but this one is definitely on the cards for me!!! :nod: :nod: :nod:

And yes, Glenn :heart: has finally turned to technology! It took him even longer than it took me! :lol: But better late than never!!!

FP, I must say, when I saw the news, you were the first person I thought of. And your reaction didn't disappoint. :wink:

Oh, I just found out from one of my colleagues here at work that Joe was interviewed about the Eagles' SA tour on one of our local radio stations last night, broadcast just after 6pm South African time - I was travelling on the train at that time, so missed it! :sad: If it had been Glenn :heart: interviewed I would have burst into tears right now!

I only saw on Facebook late last night that there was going to be an interview, but by that time it was over! :cry:

TimothyBFan
03-15-2012, 08:04 AM
Just watched the video again on the After Hours site and I will definitely be buying this cd!! I know, I know, I said earlier that I had no desire to do that but he's changed my mind. I guess I was having a hard time with an Eagle singing "those songs" instead of my kind of music. The thing is, I actually like the old standards when I hear them by Buble, Martin, Sinatra, Newton, and even when Rod Stewart does them but just never pictured one of my Eagles doing them. I guess you can teach an old dog, new tricks! :hilarious:

And I've got to say, as I read this thread and the concert threads, I can feel everyone's excitement and am truly very, very happy for all of our Border Glenn fans!! You've waited a long time for this and it's finally happening and I'm very glad I'm here with all of you to share the excitement. Soak it all in and enjoy!!! It just makes me so happy to read all of your reactions but I admit, some of them are just cracking me up with the sweaty palms and the bodies shaking!!! :hilarious: But believe me, I totally GET IT!!!!!!!

timfan
03-15-2012, 08:58 AM
During the Route 66 "portion" of the video is that Scott Crago on the drums? It looks like him to me.

Brooke
03-15-2012, 10:42 AM
Just watched the video again on the After Hours site and I will definitely be buying this cd!! I know, I know, I said earlier that I had no desire to do that but he's changed my mind. I guess I was having a hard time with an Eagle singing "those songs" instead of my kind of music. The thing is, I actually like the old standards when I hear them by Buble, Martin, Sinatra, Newton, and even when Rod Stewart does them but just never pictured one of my Eagles doing them. I guess you can teach an old dog, new tricks! :hilarious:

And I've got to say, as I read this thread and the concert threads, I can feel everyone's excitement and am truly very, very happy for all of our Border Glenn fans!! You've waited a long time for this and it's finally happening and I'm very glad I'm here with all of you to share the excitement. Soak it all in and enjoy!!! It just makes me so happy to read all of your reactions but I admit, some of them are just cracking me up with the sweaty palms and the bodies shaking!!! :hilarious: But believe me, I totally GET IT!!!!!!!

Same here! I've just been reading everything and laughing to myself, but I'm so happy about it all! :partytime:

And I'm thinking I'll have to buy the cd too. I was having doubts before, but Glenn just sounds so, how did someone describe it, smooth and rich. :smokin:

sodascouts
03-15-2012, 02:06 PM
During the Route 66 "portion" of the video is that Scott Crago on the drums? It looks like him to me.

Looks like it to me, too!

I'm investigating how to save the video. There must be a way. I'll let you know when I find it!

GlennLover
03-15-2012, 05:19 PM

I'm investigating how to save the video. There must be a way. I'll let you know when I find it!

I thought it was Scott the first time I saw it & after umpteen times I still think it's him.

Thanks for looking into how to save it, Soda. We can't assume that it is what's included on the Deluxe Edition. We need to know for sure. I want to be always able to see it. :)

Freypower
03-15-2012, 05:26 PM
It's Scott as you will see when I post a screenshot I particularly like.

Willie, I am glad you will buy it and can feel our excitement.

Freypower
03-15-2012, 06:17 PM
EF, I know how you feel! If there is any way at all that you can stay for the concert-go for it!

Austin, I'm glad that you like what you heard & saw on the "After Hours" site & that you are considering buying the CD.

I just listened to the other songs Glenn mentioned in the video. "The Good Life" & "I Wanna Be Around" both are familiar to me with the former being the most recognizable. Both songs have been sung by Frank Sinatra & Tony Bennett. I can't wait to hear Glenn's renditions!

GA, I meant to answer you here. I have not heard of either of these songs (at first I thought you may have meant That's Life, which in the big band thread I suggested that Glenn could nail). Unlike you however, I didn't want to check them out. I want to be surprised.

Troubadour
03-15-2012, 08:42 PM
Oooh, 'I Wanna Be Around' is a great song! I love Tony Bennett.

GlennLover
03-15-2012, 08:46 PM
GA, I meant to answer you here. I have not heard of either of these songs (at first I thought you may have meant That's Life, which in the big band thread I suggested that Glenn could nail). Unlike you however, I didn't want to check them out. I want to be surprised.

FP, like you I wanted to leave some element of surprise too, so I only listened long enough to see if I recognized the tunes. I said they were familiar but only to say that I have heard them before. I have probably only heard "I Wanna Be Around" once or twice. I couldn't tell you now how the tune to either one goes. I think Glenn would do I great job on "That's Life" too. We now know what 7 (if I counted correctly) of the songs are. Hopefully there are a few more to surprise us.

Victim of Love
03-15-2012, 10:33 PM
I was looking at the details for each edition on Amazon and there is nothing to give us a clue. I noted that both editions indication 1 disc so I assume that rules out a DVD. Only thing I can think of is what the band did on LROOE....the deluxe edition had the red, cloth-like cover and contained a booklet insert with photos and lyrics in a 'collector' format; the regular edition had the removable booklet with a less durable cover. I guess we'll know soon enough. I pre-ordered mine (along with Analog Man).

HH, I've got to tell you I laughed out loud at your description of "on my hands and knees in the CD aisle ripping open random cartons in a desperate attempt to find them"... I had to visit FOUR Walmart stores to find LROOE and was ready to do the same thing! What I DID at the last store was reminded the manager that Walmart had an exclusive agreement with the band/label for the sale of the CD and that the store had an obligation "on the release date to have the merchandise ON THE SHELVES and available to the consumer". Then I told him I was on my way home to call their corporate Legal Department in Arkansas . It was amazing how quickly the stock came out of the back room!

VAisForEagleLovers
03-15-2012, 11:24 PM
This came up in my daily Ask search. Includes a track list and indicates what's included in the deluxe version of the CD (extra songs).

http://www.directcurrentmusic.com/

ETA: This one is a little more direct. Sorry, I copied and pasted from the search results.
http://www.directcurrentmusic.com/dc-music-news-feed/2012/3/15/glenn-frey-digs-the-love-song-covers-on-may-8-after-hours-wa.html

sodascouts
03-15-2012, 11:59 PM
Great find!

I don't think I've ever heard any of the songs besides the ones Glenn performed in Niagara Falls and the title track, so this will all be "new" to me. I too think I'll hold off on listening to the originals until I've heard Glenn's versions.

Since the setlist isn't exclusive to that site as far as I can see and will presumably be listed on Amazon momentarily, I'll repost it here:

For Sentimental Reasons
My Buddy
Route 66
The Shadow Of Your Smile
Here's To Life
It's Too Soon To Know
Caroline No
The Look Of Love
I'm Getting Old Before My Time
Same Girl
After Hours
The Good Life*
Worried Mind*
I Wanna Be Around*

Freypower
03-16-2012, 12:16 AM
I think I have heard of For Sentimental Reasons, but not the other non-Niagara Falls ones; not at all.

This is getting more exciting by the minute.

There is a Randy Newman song called Same Girl; Don has performed it. Surely it doesn't fit his time period.

Koala
03-16-2012, 12:57 AM
Glenn Frey Covers Pop Standards on New Album ‘After Hours’

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/glenn-frey-covers-pop-standards-on-new-album-after-hours/

Mrs Frey
03-16-2012, 06:12 AM
I must admit, I know about 3 of these songs. :blush: Well, that just makes it more exciting!

VAisForEagleLovers
03-16-2012, 09:14 AM
I'm simply amazed that none of these articles mention that After Hours is original material, not a cover.

Brooke
03-16-2012, 09:37 AM
HH, I've got to tell you I laughed out loud at your description of "on my hands and knees in the CD aisle ripping open random cartons in a desperate attempt to find them"... I had to visit FOUR Walmart stores to find LROOE and was ready to do the same thing! What I DID at the last store was reminded the manager that Walmart had an exclusive agreement with the band/label for the sale of the CD and that the store had an obligation "on the release date to have the merchandise ON THE SHELVES and available to the consumer". Then I told him I was on my way home to call their corporate Legal Department in Arkansas . It was amazing how quickly the stock came out of the back room!

Good job HH! Now that's takin' care of business! :thumbsup:

As for that set list, it will be interesting. I don't know most of those either.

Victim of Love
03-16-2012, 10:00 AM
Just looking over the setlist Soda posted. I've got to say that I'm familiar with every song there thanks to my Gram. She preferred to have on music rather than the TV. 'Sing Along with Glenn' will become the game of the day in the car much to the kids' chagrin. At least they're familiar with Caroline, No.

Henley Honey
03-16-2012, 10:14 AM

I don't know who was less amused by my antics, the store manager or my husband. They were both a little horrified. Tough!

I'm glad you gave the manager a "polite push" and made the CD's magically appear.

I wonder if they'll have our pictures posted with a big red line through them!

Victim of Love
03-16-2012, 03:40 PM
HH, I don't frequent that particular Walmart as a rule....rather out of the way for me and I only went there out of desperation! But I'd rather have my picture displayed with a red line thru it than find it on the "wanted" bulletin board...UNLESS, of course, it's Timothy who is wanting me!

lizzyplays
03-16-2012, 04:51 PM

I managed to save it to my computer, so I have a permanent copy downloaded. Is there somewhere here that I can upload it to?

I plucked the video link out of the view source code, used it as a URL, then googled how to save a video from vimeo. From there, I used the link provided and saved it to my computer! I'm feeling quite proud of myself for this. lol I love when I can figure out technology.

Freypower
03-16-2012, 04:54 PM
I was even more surprised that he himself didn't tell the story of the song in the video. His hardcore fans know it; who else does? I am hoping he will do some interviews to promote the tour & album & he might be more expansive on why he chose the songs, etc.

sodascouts
03-16-2012, 05:20 PM
Excellent!

You know, I realized after I read your post that the video link on Facebook is actually to vimeo. Here's the vimeo URL that was posted on the official Facebook:

Here's an easy tool to download vimeo videos:

http://savevideo.me/

Tada!

lizzyplays
03-16-2012, 05:23 PM
Yep, that's what I did! I don't know why I didn't think to just post that instead. lol Major duh moment. :nervous:

sodascouts
03-16-2012, 05:26 PM
I don't think you'll hear too many complaints, lol.

Henley Honey
03-16-2012, 05:30 PM
Excellent!

You know, I realized after I read your post that the video link on Facebook is actually to vimeo. Here's the vimeo URL that was posted on the official Facebook:

Here's an easy tool to download vimeo videos:

http://savevideo.me/

Tada!

So simple even I could do it! :thumbsup: Thanks, Soda.

Freypower
03-16-2012, 05:43 PM
Thank you so much for that. It's on my computer now. SIGH.

Glennsallnighter
03-16-2012, 06:09 PM
Mine too! And I echo all your sighs FP.

Troubadour
03-16-2012, 06:15 PM
Danny Kortchmar covered 'For Sentimental Reasons' on his solo album, Kootch. Great song. I'm excited to hear Glenn's version!

VAisForEagleLovers
03-16-2012, 09:24 PM
Another article that's basically word-for-word the same as the link above.

http://www.rockcellarmagazine.com/2012/03/16/glenn-frey-of-the-eagles-releasing-pop-standards-album-in-may/

VAisForEagleLovers
03-16-2012, 09:27 PM
These guys heard our complaint about the title track. This article gives some names for some of the original artists, and talks about After Hours and Jack Tempchin. Briefly.

http://abcnewsradioonline.com/music-news/2012/3/16/glenn-frey-sets-may-8-release-date-for-new-solo-album-announ.html

GlennLover
03-16-2012, 11:08 PM
Danny Kortchmar covered 'For Sentimental Reasons' on his solo album, Kootch. Great song. I'm excited to hear Glenn's version!

I think I have heard that one. I am familiar with My Buddy as Anne Murray sings it on her CD I'll Be Seeing You. Other than the ones that I mentioned before, I don't know any of the others. At least I don't know them by their titles. Maybe when I hear the CD I'll recognize some of them, but I'm pretty sure they will not be very familiar.

Oh, I was able to download the video too! Thanks so much for doing the research to find out how to do this!

Ive always been a dreamer
03-17-2012, 12:54 PM
For Sentimental Reasons
My Buddy
Route 66
The Shadow Of Your Smile
Here's To Life
It's Too Soon To Know
Caroline No
The Look Of Love
I'm Getting Old Before My Time
Same Girl
After Hours
The Good Life*
Worried Mind*
I Wanna Be Around*

Well - I'll just start my first post today by saying that my timing really sucks! :grin: This was definitely a bad week to be away from the board. I sure missed a lot of excitement and can't even begin to try to catch up. I brought forward the track list from Glenn's album that Soda posted. I don't recognize about half of these songs either, so a lot of it will be new to me as well. I believe I've heard 'For Sentimental Reasons' in addition to the four songs Glenn sang at Niagara Falls, which I was already familiar with. Of course, I also know the title track. To be totally honest, a lot of this isn't exactly 'my' kind of music, but I love Glenn's voice so much that I'm :pray: I'll love the album as well. I feel pretty much exactly the same way about Don doing a country album. In any event, I will be buying them with an open mind, along with Joe's, when they are released.

sodascouts
03-17-2012, 01:28 PM
I've never been into this kind of music either, but I think I might be about to undergo a conversion. ;)

03-17-2012, 02:21 PM
Great detective work VAisFEL!!!

Glennsallnighter
03-17-2012, 07:09 PM
Thanks VA! I wonder will there be any coverage over here. I really hope the whole album is received positively!

sodascouts
03-17-2012, 07:13 PM
Hey, in case you're wondering, I decided to separate out press for the new album into its own thread, since this is such a big deal.

Glennsallnighter
03-17-2012, 07:16 PM
Great idea Soda, because I'd say there will be a lot pf press dedicated to this!

Freypower
03-17-2012, 07:52 PM
Times have changed so much since Strange Weather. Although he attempted to promote that album, there was no internet to spread the word then. I am not really expecting this album to be a big seller but I would expect it to receive some reasonable press attention.

Koala
03-18-2012, 02:47 AM
Preview: After Houers - Glenn Frey

http://www.vintagevinylnews.com/2012/03/preview-after-hours-glenn-frey.html

Glennsallnighter
03-18-2012, 05:51 AM
Thanks Koala! I must say I just love the cover. But I wonder is his pic on the flip side?

03-18-2012, 12:40 PM
I was wondering the same thing, Anne. I'm betting it will be, but if he wants to surprise us with a new picture, that'll be fine too. An album insert with lots of pictures will also work for me! :thumbsup:

Freypower
03-18-2012, 08:45 PM
So how many of us remember the release of Strange Weather & what happened then? As we all know, it was not a commercial success.

I will just say that when it was released I was in my 'down' period where I had tried to give the whole thing up. I bought the album & then I bought the Dublin video, but it took me a long time before I really started to appreciate it.

For me at least it's been a long 20 years; 20 years without new solo music from Glenn apart from the four songs that were on the Solo Collection. 20 years since I have been in this position where I have an album by him, with him singing every song, to look forward to. I still don't quite know how I'm going to deal with it, but it's very important to me. And again I should stress; the difference is that when Strange Weather was released, I didn't care, or I pretended I didn't care.

Glennsallnighter
03-18-2012, 09:08 PM
I love your new sig FP!

I was playing the video clip earlier and Laura asked me 'Is it going to be a real Piano Bar album?'. I replied that it seemed to be so and she thought it sounded really cool! I must say I too like that kind of music, so I am really looking forward to the release. The only tracks on the set list that I know to any degree are the same ones as the others of us who were in Fallsview, and of course the title track. But I'm sure Glenn :heart: will do a fantastic job if this video teaser is anything to go on!

sodascouts
03-18-2012, 09:21 PM
FP, your sig is magnificent!

Wow, I hadn't realized it had been 20 years since Strange Weather. At the time, I didn't follow Glenn's solo work. I missed out!

Maleah
03-19-2012, 12:02 AM
Whoa! I just finally got around to reading all of this exciting news! How awesome!!! I'm really glad to see Glenn (and Joe!) releasing new albums. It's been so long for both of them! Sounds like Glenn's got a good one, can't wait to buy it!

Brooke
03-19-2012, 10:15 AM
Wow, 20 years! I hadn't thought about that either! It's gonna be different, but in this case, different is good!

Love your new sig/banner too Fp. And everyone's new ones! :thumbsup:

GlennLover
03-19-2012, 10:25 AM
That new sig is great, FP! :heart:

I wasn't following his solo work when Strange Weather came out either. But I sure am excited about After Hours!!!!!!!! :partytime:

GlennLover
03-19-2012, 10:46 AM
I was wondering the same thing, Anne. I'm betting it will be, but if he wants to surprise us with a new picture, that'll be fine too. An album insert with lots of pictures will also work for me! :thumbsup:

The more pics the better! :inlove:I wish his pic was on the cover, though!

Glennsallnighter
03-19-2012, 10:46 AM
Is anybody having problems streaming the video from the link. I have it on the laptop but when I stream onto the IPad it stops about two thirds of the way along? Just wondering if it's a common fault or just my iPad?

GlennLover
03-19-2012, 10:48 AM
Is anybody having problems streaming the video from the link. I have it on the laptop but when I stream onto the IPad it stops about two thirds of the way along? Just wondering if it's a common fault or just my iPad?

I couldn't get on to the site for a while, but maybe it was because they were updating it to add the new tour date!

Glennhoney
03-19-2012, 11:23 AM

Yeah so am I...it never plays from beginning to end without stopping many times...frustrating!!!:-(

timfan
03-19-2012, 11:56 AM
now I can't get on the site.. Hopefully it means they're adding something else! :thumbsup:

lizzyplays
03-19-2012, 12:02 PM
The site and the video both are working fine for me. I checked 2.3 seconds before I posted this.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-19-2012, 12:02 PM
I have no problems getting on the site, and the video plays straight through for me. I really wish I could help you all...we have this exact same problem with the project I work on get complaints from clients all the time, and we've not yet been able to find out what the problem is.

timfan
03-19-2012, 02:06 PM
I wonder if it's related to the amount of traffic Glenn's new site is recieving. Anyway right now it's working fine for me. :)

VAisForEagleLovers
03-19-2012, 04:47 PM
On the website, all the concerts announced so far show

City, State
UNITED STATES

I wonder if that means there may be some coming up that aren't in the US?

thelongrun
03-19-2012, 04:55 PM
I want to say something. Because of his IMO so much focus on a soul, jazzy thing, is no secret I am not a huge fan of Glenn-s solo works. I am a huge fan of No fun aloud and Strange Weather, in other words, maybe because those are the more Eagle-s line of work from him. BUT…
Regardeless I have listened only a few secs of his new Album, in those video previews, I think this is a huge moment of Glenn. He is gonna have a huge impact on Music, even winning so much new fans who never payed attention before. Is a beautiful, great master work this new one. He is showing what a great great Singer he is, maybe underated -for the world, not us-
He is saying –in a nice way- Don Who?
Watch out World, here-s Glenn Frey. And I bet my whatever he is gonna wash out with next GRAMMY-S. Good!

Freypower
03-19-2012, 04:55 PM
I very much doubt it. However it may not matter to me......

Freypower
03-19-2012, 04:58 PM
I want to say something. Because of his IMO so much focus on a soul, jazzy thing, is no secret I am not a huge fan of Glenn-s solo works. I am a huge fun of No fun aloud and Strange Weather, in other words, maybe because those are the more Eagle-s line of work from him. BUT…
Regardeless I have listened only a few secs of his new Album, in those video previews, I think this is a huge moment of Glenn. He is gonna have a huge impact on Music, even winning so much new fans who never payed attention before. Is a beautiful, great master work this new one. He is showing what a great great Singer he is, maybe underated -for the world, not us-
Watch out World, here-s Glenn Frey. And I bet my whatever he is gonna wash out with next GRAMMY-S. Good!

I agreed with you until you said 'in a nice way - Don Who'? I don't think that is how Glenn thinks, even 'in a nice way'. He would not think that way about his partner of 40 years. We all know how he lavishes praise on Don's voice. Other than that I appreciate your sentiments. The video shows him singing, and relishing his singing, losing himself in it. He's proud of it & it shows.

timfan
03-19-2012, 05:05 PM
On the website, all the concerts announced so far show

City, State
UNITED STATES

I wonder if that means there may be some coming up that aren't in the US?

I had similar thoughts seeing the USA tag below each city.. I suspect Glenn will see how the new music and these first concerts are received and may then look at shows outside the US.

thelongrun
03-19-2012, 05:11 PM
I agreed with you until you said 'in a nice way - Don Who'? I don't think that is how Glenn thinks, even 'in a nice way'. He would not think that way about his partner of 40 years. We all know how he lavishes praise on Don's voice. Other than that I appreciate your sentiments. The video shows him singing, and relishing his singing, losing himself in it. He's proud of it & it shows.

You are right FP. And I even will say, Don-s no issue here. They are best friends and is Glenn-s moment. I was trying to make a point about the Media atettention and that stuff, but yes,on second toughts, there-s no point in that.

I will stick to the main comment of mine, Boy what a wonderful job by Glenn! I will eat my hat if the industry dont recognize him...

Glennhoney
03-19-2012, 05:22 PM
I want to say something. Because of his IMO so much focus on a soul, jazzy thing, is no secret I am not a huge fan of Glenn-s solo works. I am a huge fan of No fun aloud and Strange Weather, in other words, maybe because those are the more Eagle-s line of work from him. BUT…

I HOPE YOU'RE RIGHT....:applause:

03-19-2012, 06:52 PM
Well, Glenn's gotten plenty of recognition for his work in the Eagles in terms of awards, but I agree that it would be great to see him recognized for his solo work. I've said before that I was shocked that Part of Me, Part of You wasn't nominated for an Academy Award or You Belong To the City was overlooked by the Grammys and AMAs so I'm not holding my breath. But, I'd love to see your prediction come true, JP. :thumbsup:

StephUK
03-19-2012, 07:00 PM
Have now watched the After Hours video on Glenn's site, and I had the same problem as some of you with it stopping frequently.
However, it's good to see Glenn making this available to us - we all like to see some behind the scenes stuff now & then, and to hear him talking about what he's doing and how. Wish there was more of this kind of thing posted - the Eagles generally don't so too much of that, do they?

I think I'm going to like this album; as I love keyboards and the piano sound in particular. On that subject, and not taking away any credit from Glenn's singing(or his piano playing), I love Michael Thompson's piano contributions to the songs on the video. Talented man.

I like to hear Glenn doing something very much NOT Eagles-like....just asI like to hear Don doing different things like he does at his live shows. It shows the versatility of their talent.

.....and although my heart belongs elsewhere(as you all know!) I can see why quite a few of you are getting sweating hands and palpitations when you watch the video......:nod:

GlennLover
03-19-2012, 07:56 PM
I think I'm going to like this album; as I love keyboards and the piano sound in particular. On that subject, and not taking away any credit from Glenn's singing(or his piano playing), I love Michael Thompson's piano contributions to the songs on the video. Talented man.

I like to hear Glenn doing something very much NOT Eagles-like....just asI like to hear Don doing different things like he does at his live shows. It shows the versatility of their talent.

.....and although my heart belongs elsewhere(as you all know!) I can see why quite a few of you are getting sweating hands and palpitations when you watch the video......:nod:

I agree with you Steph. I have been meaning to comment on how much I enjoy Michael's playing on this album. I was impressed with him during Glenn's Niagara Falls shows last summer. I have always thought that he is very talented.

thelongrun
03-19-2012, 09:46 PM
Well, Glenn's gotten plenty of recognition for his work in the Eagles in terms of awards, but I agree that it would be great to see him recognized for his solo work. I've said before that I was shocked that Part of Me, Part of You wasn't nominated for an Academy Award or You Belong To the City was overlooked by the Grammys and AMAs so I'm not holding my breath. But, I'd love to see your prediction come true, JP. :thumbsup:

You bet dear. You know, when I said so, I was thinking not only in the amazing way his voice sounds, but also in the great musicians Glenn called, arrengements you know, and on the other hand, the adventure this is because as we can see is a Covers Album from a very specific and respected Music type-genere... This is not the great Eagles member in his solo work bla bla bla, this is a true huge Artist most of us knew all the time, but not the common people. He just nailed it.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-19-2012, 10:23 PM
Includes a new quote. It's a station in Philadelphia.

http://beta.wmmr.com/music/news/story.aspx?ID=1672436

VAisForEagleLovers
03-19-2012, 10:43 PM
This is kind of the same article, but besides the new quote, there's an audio clip of him actually saying. Need Real Player to hear it.

http://www.wmgk.com/music/news/

sodascouts
03-19-2012, 11:38 PM
With regard to the video starting and stopping, that's usually due to two factors: 1) The amount of traffic on the site 2) the speed of your Internet connection.

Thanks for finding those articles, VA!

And all these "After Hours" banners are lovely!

lizzyplays
03-20-2012, 12:00 AM
Although I am still a "rock 'n roll" girl at heart, I kind of like the idea of maturing musically along with Glenn and introducing new music into my life. I will buy it and like it regardless, because it IS Glenn.. but, I have a feeling that I'm going to actually enjoy it too. :-)

sodascouts
03-20-2012, 07:59 AM
Looks like Glenn is filming a video for the album! I found this statement here (http://www.onlocationvacations.com/2012/03/20/tuesday-march-20-filming-locations-in-los-angeles-new-york-new-orleans-more-including-true-blood-revenge-kill-your-darlings-django-unchained/):

"Glenn Frey is filming a video at 1050 S Hill St, Los Angeles (6:00 AM – 11:00 PM)."

timfan
03-20-2012, 08:38 AM
Doing some research it looks like 1050 S Hill Street in LA is the Belasco Theatre http://www.thebelasco.com/

Btw Check out the pics of the place. Looks amazing! IMO A great choice for a music video shoot :)

lizzyplays
03-20-2012, 09:25 AM
Doing some research it looks like 1050 S Hill Street in LA is the Belasco Theatre http://www.thebelasco.com/

Btw Check out the pics of the place. Looks amazing! IMO A great choice for a music video shoot :)

Ah... you beat me to it! Was just googling the address, then I finished reading the entire thread. The place does look amazing, indeed! It seems to fit the whole "After Hours" vibe... :singer:

VAisForEagleLovers
03-20-2012, 10:54 AM
This is very exciting!!

Glennsallnighter
03-20-2012, 11:26 AM
Yeah, so would I!

Brooke
03-20-2012, 01:16 PM
Wow, what a gorgeous place! I'd say it fits Glenn's new cd to a T! :nod:

thelongrun
03-20-2012, 01:53 PM
Although I am still a "rock 'n roll" girl at heart, I kind of like the idea of maturing musically along with Glenn and introducing new music into my life. I will buy it and like it regardless, because it IS Glenn.. but, I have a feeling that I'm going to actually enjoy it too. :-)

Clever girl:guitar:

03-20-2012, 08:35 PM
That's a gorgeous venue and I agree - perfect for an After Hours video!!!

GlennLover
03-20-2012, 09:14 PM
Just got this piece about the new album & tour. Note that it says in brackets at the top of the tour schedule-"more dates to be announced"! http://mickieszoo.blogspot.ca/2012/03/glenn-frey-to-tour.html It gives a bit more background about the album and states that it will be available in 3 formats -digital, CD & vinyl.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-20-2012, 09:19 PM
Excellent find, GL!!!! You rock!

timfan
03-20-2012, 09:23 PM
Great news GL! Thanks for finding this! I'm glad to hear there will be more stops! It sounds like Glenn may tour for a good chunk of the spring-summer! :)

Freypower
03-20-2012, 09:42 PM
So it IS Randy Newman's Same Girl. I can't wait.

“It was a new adventure for me as a vocalist to see if I could indeed learn, own and deliver these songs. And I'm so happy I took the challenge, once I got started it seemed like these songs had been waiting for me to sing them, and I feel like since I've done this record I'm a better singer than I was before I started. It's a different style of singing,” said Frey, a 1998 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee.

SIGH! Well said, sir! :thumbsup:

Freypower
03-20-2012, 09:51 PM
If anyone who doesn't know Same Girl wants to hear it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVcqukWb5WA

Like I said, Don has performed the song too.

Brooke
03-21-2012, 09:50 AM
:ack: Great news, GL! Thanks!

Glenn-Midwest, meaning Missouri, PLEASE!

Glennsallnighter
03-21-2012, 11:36 AM
YAY GL.

There's hope for me yet. That's exactly the news I was hoping for!!

EaglesKiwi
03-21-2012, 04:46 PM
Yep, me too.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-27-2012, 11:07 AM
This article says the album will be available internationally on May 7, but doesn't say where or how. It also says it will be available on Vinyl!

http://www.showave.com.sg/archives/1333

Windeagle
03-27-2012, 11:44 AM
This article says the album will be available internationally on May 7, but doesn't say where or how. It also says it will be available on Vinyl!

Nice article. I love when you get tidbits about Glenn that you haven't heard before.

sodascouts
03-27-2012, 02:15 PM

I might get the vinyl as a collector's item, although I've already pre-ordered the CD.

ETA: I wonder if the vinyl format will be available at the concerts? Probably not. I'd be loth to buy it there anyway, afraid someone would spill beer on it. The more durable CD is another matter. I'll get another one at the Washington DC concert as part of the "After Hours" experience (surely they'll be sold there).

VAisForEagleLovers
03-27-2012, 02:38 PM
I'll need to get it, too. I was hoping he'd release it on vinyl.

Thanks for moving the post to the right thread. I forgot we started a different one!

sodascouts
03-27-2012, 02:40 PM
No problem. I know it's confusing!

VAisForEagleLovers
03-28-2012, 08:17 PM
Not really anything new here... 'maybe' a new show next year with the Eagles. BTW, I couldn't get it to work in IE.

http://beta.wmmr.com/music/news/story.aspx?ID=1677203

VAisForEagleLovers
03-28-2012, 08:53 PM
Has anyone tried playing the video on the glennfreyafterhours.com website lately? I had forwarded the link to some family and friends and yesterday when the third one said that nothing happened when they brought it up, I checked it out. While I listened to it many times (imagine that) the first few days, I hadn't tried it since. Now, I can't get it to work no way no how. I've tried rebooting, tried IE and Firefox. My WiFi and internet connection are the same as they were.

03-28-2012, 09:05 PM
It's still working for me, Verna. I'm listening to it right now. :wink:

GlennLover
03-28-2012, 09:25 PM
I just watched it too, without any problems.

Freypower
03-28-2012, 09:25 PM
I am now wondering if he will do On The Way Home, given that all the Eagles stuff has been postponed. If OTWH is part of the Eagles documentary though, you would think he would still do it.

sodascouts
03-28-2012, 09:26 PM
Working for me, too. Perhaps it went down temporarily earlier and now it's back online?

Freypower
03-28-2012, 09:27 PM
It broke up a couple of times for me but I also have it saved on my computer. :thumbsup:

Nice banner, GL. We're all getting into the After Hours spirit!

VAisForEagleLovers
03-28-2012, 09:27 PM
I tried IE, Firefox, and Chrome. It just sits there and does nothing. I'll have to experiment and see what I can find.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-28-2012, 09:28 PM
It broke up a couple of times for me but I also have it saved on my computer. :thumbsup:

Nice banner, GL. We're all getting into the After Hours spirit!

I have it saved, too, which is why I hadn't tried the website in a while! I'll figure this out...it'll drive me crazy until I do.

sodascouts
03-28-2012, 09:29 PM
It's not on the new album, so I figure he'll drop it from the set to make room for stuff that is.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-28-2012, 10:09 PM
:confused: :-? :sigh: I'm not sure what I did! I had uninstalled RealPlayer, because the problem happened after I installed that. I also uninstalled some sort of Weather Channel desktop that dropped onto my computer from somewhere. When I rebooted after that (third reboot in thirty minutes), the problem was solved. Of course, I now have a problem with something called 'solution center', but I'll figure it out.

GlennLover
03-28-2012, 10:37 PM
:confused: :-? :sigh: I'm not sure what I did! I had uninstalled RealPlayer, because the problem happened after I installed that. I also uninstalled some sort of Weather Channel desktop that dropped onto my computer from somewhere. When I rebooted after that (third reboot in thirty minutes), the problem was solved. Of course, I now have a problem with something called 'solution center', but I'll figure it out.

Good Luck, VA. :)

VAisForEagleLovers
03-29-2012, 04:43 PM
This has a small blurb about Glenn's new CD. Also has a section on Paul McCartney and Lindsey Buckingham. It's from HoustonsEagle, which is a Classic Hits station (I assume in Houston, TX)!

Glenn Frey's upcoming standards collection, After Hours, is one of the few new evergreen sets that includes songs from the 1960's. On the album, which will be released on May 8th, Frey tackles the obscure, but beloved, Beach Boys track "Caroline, No" -- a tune that both closed the band's 1966 Pet Sounds album and served as Brian Wilson's debut solo single that year.
Frey said that as soon as he felt loose enough in the studio, his song choices seemed to get bolder: "After we'd been recording a few songs on After Hours, I just, y'know, I started getting a little braver and I started to feel, like, as long as it was a song for piano and voice, we should see if it fits. So I came in one day and said, 'What about 'Caroline, No' -- I said, 'I don't know if I can sing it, but, y'know, surely this is a great song.'"

http://www.houstonseagle.com/weblogs/jennifer-tylers-eagles-nest/2012/mar/29/thursday-32912/

sodascouts
03-29-2012, 04:46 PM
Very interesting! It seems each piece of press about the album highlights something slightly different. I love it!

Freypower
03-30-2012, 08:32 PM
Is anyone else wondering why no more tour dates have been announced?

I thoughg this was a golden opportunity; I really thought Glenn would be mounting a longer tour than he is in fact doing. I really am lucky I will be there, it seems.

GlennLover
03-30-2012, 08:37 PM

I thoughg this was a golden opportunity; I really thought Glenn would be mounting a longer tour than he is in fact doing. I really am lucky I will be there, it seems.

Very lucky indeed, FP! I'm hoping he announces dates later in the year & close to me in the off chance that I might be able to afford to go by then! Well, a girl can dream.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-30-2012, 08:38 PM

I was thinking the same thing! Perhaps, just guessing here, after South Africa, Dubai, Vegas, two in Atlanta with the Jazz Fest the next day, then the solo tour starting the next week, maybe he's scheduled in a 'break'? One of the interviews posted here said there would be more dates announced. Maybe they're waiting to see how these sell first?

Glennsallnighter
04-02-2012, 04:04 AM
Yeah. Ive been thinking that too. But surely there will be more dates. Lots of big cities such as Chicago haven't been mentioned, and surely he would hope to play Detroit?
Also I'm sure he'd tour Canada at least a little?

He has called it a Spring/Summer tour.

So I'll keep hoping ..........

Brooke
04-02-2012, 10:23 AM
I'm still hoping too. Surely he will add some more dates. Come on Glenn! :pray:

sodascouts
04-02-2012, 02:15 PM
Maybe he's waiting to see how these go before announcing any others. I will be gone the latter part of June so I selfishly hope any dates closer to me are not going to take place until mid-July or August. Of course I can always hit up my old friends in Chicago and Indiana for a place to crash if he does dates within driving distance from there. I'm hopeless, I know! lol

I actually have considered going to the Wiltern show because, exactly a year before, I had seen Stevie Nicks at the Wiltern on May 26, 2011 and it was one of the best shows I have ever been to. To see Glenn on May 26, 2012 at the Wiltern seemed like it was fated to be... until I saw that there were no pit seats available. :( I'm not trying to be overly choosy, but if I'm going to go all the way to LA after seeing him four times in New England, I need to have a closer seat to justify the extravagance of a fifth show across the country.

But shoot, seeing my favorite male singer on exactly the same day at the exact same venue a year after seeing my favorite female singer perform there...how cool is that?! I'm still thinking about it.

Too bad he's not General Admission like Stevie! Waiting for 13 hours outside the venue in order to be up front was totally worth it.

Brooke
04-02-2012, 03:23 PM
But shoot, seeing my favorite male singer on exactly the same day at the exact same venue a year after seeing my favorite female singer perform there...how cool is that?! I'm still thinking about it.

The stars have aligned. It's a sign. Karma. :wink:

This is what a diehard is. Any excuse. No matter. :hilarious:

Freypower
04-02-2012, 05:12 PM
Maybe he's waiting to see how these go before announcing any others. I will be gone the latter part of June so I selfishly hope any dates closer to me are not going to take place until mid-July or August. Of course I can always hit up my old friends in Chicago and Indiana for a place to crash if he does dates within driving distance from there. I'm hopeless, I know! lol

I actually have considered going to the Wiltern show because, exactly a year before, I had seen Stevie Nicks at the Wiltern on May 26, 2011 and it was one of the best shows I have ever been to. To see Glenn on May 26, 2012 at the Wiltern seemed like it was fated to be... until I saw that there were no pit seats available. :( I'm not trying to be overly choosy, but if I'm going to go all the way to LA after seeing him four times in New England, I need to have a closer seat to justify the extravagance of a fifth show across the country.

Too bad he's not General Admission like Stevie! Waiting for 13 hours outside the venue in order to be up front was totally worth it.

Soda, you know you could come to the Wiltern show. The other seat I have is in Row E of the second section on the side. (the seat I will be using is in Row B in the centre). The offer is still open. I couldn't get a pit seat either but when I looked at the seat plan it really isn't too bad. It's up to you of course.

sodascouts
04-02-2012, 08:15 PM
Just got my copy of Rolling Stone and it mentions Glenn's album! I don't agree with scanning in articles from magazines that are still available on newsstands, but since this is just a blurb, here goes:

The Eagles singer returns to the music of his childhood on his first solo LP since 1995, with smoky renditions of Tony Bennett and Nat "King" Cole love songs - plus a few rock-era covers, including the Beach Boys' "Caroline No." "I have such a deep regard for this material," says Frey. "It was a joy to come to work every day."

VAisForEagleLovers
04-02-2012, 08:28 PM
I think 'blurbs' come under the Fair Use exception. It would be different if you were copying more than a paragraph, I think. Copyright issues and all that.

Glennsallnighter
04-03-2012, 05:04 AM
Mine won't be in the only magazine shop that stocks Rolling Stone over here until early next week. Can't wait to read it!

TimothyBFan
04-11-2012, 01:14 PM
Hope this isn't a repost.

Jack Tempchin had this link on his FB a bit ago. Article includes the After Hours trailer.

http://www.bostonmusicspotlight.com/news-glenn-frey-reveals-plans-for-new-album-connecticut-concert-foxwoods-casino-may-2012/

VAisForEagleLovers
04-11-2012, 11:40 PM
I just noticed after watching it 100 times...towards the end when he's singing After Hours (in the video), all those in the 'orchestra' are kids. Which is pretty cool. I hope he recorded it with them, and we get to find out in less than a month!

Brooke
04-12-2012, 02:11 PM
I hadn't noticed that either! Must be some kids he knows/school or something.

I checked his tour dates. Still only six. Please do some more Glenn! :pray:

sodascouts
04-12-2012, 02:37 PM
Cool!

And yes, Glenn needs to spread his lovin' around and tour other parts of the country, too. At least the midwest.... If he plays Chi-town in July or August, I'd drive up myself and have an "old home week," lol. Same for Texas in the other direction.

I have zero expectation of him coming down to the South, unless he plays one of those casinos over in Tunica, MS which is about an hour away from here. He did that about ten years ago. If you really wanna go back in time, he played Memphis' Mud Island in 1993.... so obviously it's not unheard of. He could play the Orpheum, like Jackson Browne did last year. Imagine Glenn rockin' Beale Street!

OK, I'm getting carried away. I'm going where he's going anyway!

At this point, of course, any new dates would be good news. We want the "After Hours" tour to be epic. ;) It's possible he's holding off on announcing new dates until he sees how well the ones he's already scheduled are received.

Brooke
04-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Cool!

And yes, Glenn needs to spread his lovin' around and tour other parts of the country, too. At least the midwest.... If he plays Chi-town in July or August, I'd drive up myself and have an "old home week," lol. Same for Texas in the other direction.

I have zero expectation of him coming down to the South, unless he plays one of those casinos over in Tunica, MS which is about an hour away from here. He did that about ten years ago. If you really wanna go back in time, he played Memphis' Mud Island in 1993.... so obviously it's not unheard of. He could play the Orpheum, like Jackson Browne did last year. Imagine Glenn rockin' Beale Street!

OK, I'm getting carried away. I'm going where he's going anyway!

At this point, of course, any new dates would be good news. We want the "After Hours" tour to be epic. ;) It's possible he's holding off on announcing new dates until he sees how well the ones he's already scheduled are received.

You know, I'd even try to get to Chicago if he would come there. It's five hours drive or train, but I'd sooooo love to see him solo.

Yoo hoo! We have lots of casinos here in the Midwest, Glenn!

Freypower
04-12-2012, 05:52 PM
As I have said, I can't understand why something of this magnitude is being treated in such a low key way.

The album is not 'mainstream', no, but the impression he gave was that he was proud of it & wanted to showcase it. He seems to be passing up a great opportunity here.

04-12-2012, 06:17 PM
This is pure speculation on my part, but the impression I get from hearing Glenn talk about this album is that it is important to him personally and that he recorded it for himself and for his parents. I don't get the feeling that he considers it to be of great importance or magnitude in his professional career and doesn't expect it to be a huge commercial success. That's not to say that he doesn't care about it or isn't proud of it, but I think he views this more of a personal achievement than a professional one. Having said that, I'm sure he will be pleased if it sells well, but I don't believe that was his motivation for recording the album.

Freypower
04-12-2012, 06:24 PM
I agree with that, but why make such a big splash over it & then ... it's now like nothing ever happened. Perhaps when it's released we will hear more.

04-12-2012, 06:36 PM
Honestly, I'm not sure what else you want or expect from him. At the present time, he is wrapping up an overseas tour with the mothership and then, will be doing a few more shows with them here in the states. If you want him to do a huge promotional blitz for the album, I, personally, think you'll continue to be disappointed.

Freypower
04-12-2012, 06:38 PM
I was really hoping for more tour dates given the amount that Joe & Tim are doing, rather than promotion, but let's wait & see, I guess. To me personally it doesn't seem real even though my credit card has now been charged for the ticket. :partytime:

Windeagle
04-12-2012, 09:36 PM
Maybe he'll be spending the summer while the other guys are away executive-producing that 40th anniversary DVD set so it's ready in time for a Christmas release.

Glennsallnighter
04-13-2012, 02:44 AM
Maybe he'll be spending the summer while the other guys are away executive-producing that 40th anniversary DVD set so it's ready in time for a Christmas release.

Not really what I want to hear WE. Oh yeah, I'll look forward to the DVD like everyone else but I who'd appreciate a few more dates in summer as well. It's only work that's keeping me away from the May dates and I'll be free from June 1st. I'm really hoping for somewhere like Chicago but to be honest I'll travel anywhere.

Believe it FP. You are going! I guess there's always a bit of inertia after the initial release of tickets etc.

I'm sure Glenn :heart: will put out an excellent show with a mix of old and new. Look how he filled 2 nights in just one venue last year. And the reception he got. He'll know how to do a set list that appeals to all.

Let's just keep fingers and toes crossed .........

VAisForEagleLovers
04-15-2012, 02:16 PM
Today I got the 'sponsored advertising' ad from Amazon for Glenn's new CD on Facebook. I imagine they look at people's 'likes' and it shows up on their NewsFeed. I'm glad that Amazon (or whomever) is promoting the CD with targeted advertising. I'm just still amazed that Jack Tempchin has double the 'likes' than Glenn has... Of course, he's a very active poster on Facebook and people like that.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-16-2012, 04:14 PM
Hey, all, I'm running out the door and don't have time to figure out where the interview is. I just got a reply to my email about Glenn's interview on the Paul Shaffer Rock Hall Spectacular... Here's the email, enjoy...

Verna,

Laura passed your request on to me.

We just put up a stream of the whole special. Glenn’s interview is in the first hour.

Enjoy!

http://envisionradio.com/streams/pss12/pss12.html

timfan
04-16-2012, 05:15 PM
Found it!! It's in Segment 3! :)

Freypower
04-16-2012, 06:16 PM
'Is it like After Dark? Will people want to get naked to it - I've got naked talking to you' says Paul!!!:-o

'Appreciation of great songwriting', 'able to sing the songs I love' 'living with greatness', 'a joy to make' '8 or 9 songs from my chequered past' (referring to the upcoming shows); usual stuff but he sounded enthusiastic.

Some of us, of course, remember Glenn doing Before The Ship Goes Down on Letterman where he sang 'come on Paul, fill my loving cup'.

Thanks for finding that TF.

sodascouts
04-16-2012, 07:13 PM
Hey, all, I'm running out the door and don't have time to figure out where the interview is. I just got a reply to my email about Glenn's interview on the Paul Shaffer Rock Hall Spectacular... Here's the email, enjoy...

Verna,

We just put up a stream of the whole special. Glenn’s interview is in the first hour.

Enjoy!

Thank you so much VA!!!

Koala
04-17-2012, 01:08 AM
Cool, thanks for the link! I like already the first seconds, Genesis at the beginning of a Glenn Frey interview, great!!!!

sodascouts
04-17-2012, 12:07 PM
'Is it like After Dark? Will people want to get naked to it - I've got naked talking to you' says Paul!!!:-o

OK, I just re-listened to this - this whole exchange cracks me up:

Paul: Is it anything like Cinemax's 'After Dark' where the lights come down - everybody takes their clothes off? Is that the type of music you're putting out with this?
Glenn: I'm hoping...uh...That would be a fulfilling... uh....
Paul: That's what you had in mind! Because that's the vibe I got. I'm naked now....Just talking to you, I've gotten naked.
Glenn: Well, I am, too.

LOL!!!

Glenn, don't mess with us like that! ;)

You could tell that question caught him off guard. Nice work, Paul. lol

I like his answer that what meant the most to him over the past 40 years as an Eagle was all the "firsts" - like the first time they played a stadium, the first time they played with an orchestra... it was such a genuine response.

Perhaps that's part of the reason that they're playing places they've never been before.... more "firsts."

Thank you, Glenn, for reminding Paul that Fleetwood Mac was also inducted with the Eagles into the Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame on that same night. (After Paul claimed he "remembered clearly" who was there and didn't name them. SERIOUSLY, PAUL?!)

Henley Honey
04-17-2012, 12:35 PM
Thanks, VA! I've said it before and I'll say it again -- You are on the ball, sister. Good detective work!

Freypower
04-17-2012, 05:34 PM
OK, I just re-listened to this - this whole exchange cracks me up:

Paul: Is it anything like Cinemax's 'After Dark' where the lights come down - everybody takes their clothes off? Is that the type of music you're putting out with this?
Glenn: I'm hoping...uh...That would be a fulfilling... uh....
Paul: That's what you had in mind! Because that's the vibe I got. I'm naked now....Just talking to you, I've gotten naked.
Glenn: Well, I am, too.

LOL!!!

Glenn, don't mess with us like that! ;)

You could tell that question caught him off guard. Nice work, Paul. lol

I like his answer that what meant the most to him over the past 40 years as an Eagle was all the "firsts" - like the first time they played a stadium, the first time they played with an orchestra... it was such a genuine response.

Perhaps that's part of the reason that they're playing places they've never been before.... more "firsts."

Thank you, Glenn, for reminding Paul that Fleetwood Mac was also inducted with the Eagles into the Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame on that same night. (After Paul claimed he "remembered clearly" who was there and didn't name them. SERIOUSLY, PAUL?!)

I wasn't sure if I should attempt to 'summarise' the 'naked' part!!! :shock: :blush:

04-17-2012, 10:45 PM
OMG - that was FUN to listen to. Thanks for your tenacity in getting that for us, VA. I hope there's a way to save this so we'll have it for posterity! :grin:

GlennLover
04-18-2012, 11:42 AM
OMG - that was FUN to listen to. Thanks for your tenacity in getting that for us, VA. I hope there's a way to save this so we'll have it for posterity! :grin:

I was able to download it.

Windeagle
04-18-2012, 11:56 AM

Verna,

Enjoy!

Just listened to that interview. Wow, he's such a sweetheart! I was struck by how humble he is even though he's a star in his own right.

I was also excited to hear what he might be playing when I see him live next month. I was worried that he'd drop Heartache Tonight and some of my other favorites to make room for the new stuff. Not that the new stuff isn't good, of course. It's just not HT.

GlennLover
04-18-2012, 02:22 PM
Just listened to that interview. Wow, he's such a sweetheart! I was struck by how humble he is even though he's a star in his own right.

I was also excited to hear what he might be playing when I see him live next month. I was worried that he'd drop Heartache Tonight and some of my other favorites to make room for the new stuff. Not that the new stuff isn't good, of course. It's just not HT.

Love his humility too!

It sounds like the set list will be very much like what we heard when we saw him in Niagara Falls. On the 2nd night he changed it slightly from the previous show. Both were great! And he did HT both nights!

Freypower
04-18-2012, 06:01 PM

It depends how you feel about it. He can't drop HT. Much as I love it though, I'm really looking forward to him doing a couple more of the new songs he didn't do at Niagara Falls.

prayfordaylight
04-19-2012, 07:47 AM
Heads up to VA and anyone else near DC - Big 100.3 this morning said there will be an interview with Glenn sometime next week. Wish they were more specific but hopefully they will be soon. At least they played "Already Gone" for my commute.

TimothyBFan
04-19-2012, 07:52 AM
Glenn's everywhere, isn't he? Really making sure this album is promoted and everyone's aware he's got a solo album coming out. Go Glenn!!!!!

VAisForEagleLovers
04-19-2012, 09:25 AM
Heads up to VA and anyone else near DC - Big 100.3 this morning said there will be an interview with Glenn sometime next week. Wish they were more specific but hopefully they will be soon. At least they played "Already Gone" for my commute.

This is good news! I sent them an email last week that they never replied to. I mentioned Paul Shaffer's Rock Hall Spectacular and asked if they were planning on airing it. I mentioned that it contained an interview with Glenn Frey and since he had a concert coming up in DC soon, someone in the DC area would air the interview.

sodascouts
04-19-2012, 10:11 AM
Ooh I hope it gets put on their website! Thanks for the heads up, PFD!

prayfordaylight
04-19-2012, 10:52 AM
This is good news! I sent them an email last week that they never replied to. I mentioned Paul Shaffer's Rock Hall Spectacular and asked if they were planning on airing it. I mentioned that it contained an interview with Glenn Frey and since he had a concert coming up in DC soon, someone in the DC area would air the interview.

I sent them a Facebook message earlier asking when it would be but I'm not holding my breath on hearing back. I assume since it was mentioned by Tommy Griffiths this morning, he's the one doing the interview.

Brooke
04-19-2012, 03:07 PM
Finally got to listen! I was glad to hear Tequila Sunrise mentioned too. At least we know he hasn't forgotten all about it. Did he do it in NF? I can't remember. Surely he did.

GlennLover
04-19-2012, 03:39 PM
Finally got to listen! I was glad to hear Tequila Sunrise mentioned too. At least we know he hasn't forgotten all about it. Did he do it in NF? I can't remember. Surely he did.

Yes, he sang it both nights! I was so glad to hear it!

VAisForEagleLovers
04-21-2012, 12:30 AM
Glenn has an upcoming interview on KLOS, 95.5 in Los Angeles, 9am PDT.

This is the announcement: http://markandbrian.com/sectional.asp?id=16127

This is the Listen Live link: http://www.955klos.com/
or
http://markandbrian.com/sectional.asp?id=16121

For people who might be interested in Babe of the Day, this is a good thing to have in your Facebook NewsFeed. For the rest of us, it's best used as a page to just visit and glance at quickly for news.

ETA: I can't believe I didn't put the date! Monday morning! 4/23

04-21-2012, 12:54 PM
So - if I'm reading this correctly, the interview is this coming Monday, 4/23. Is that right?

VAisForEagleLovers
04-21-2012, 01:02 PM
Yes. Noonish here in the East.

I should give credit where credit is due. When I checked my work email last night, a co-worker of sorts that works at Ft. Irwin said she'd heard it announced yesterday morning.

sodascouts
04-23-2012, 12:05 PM
I teach class in 20 minutes. I sure hope they interview Glenn before then!

ETA: He's on now! Woot!

Highlights:

- For Pebble Beach pre-game concerts, he started doing songs from the 40s at the request of a guy named "Clint" who was running things. Michael Bolton told him he should make a record of songs like that because he sounded great and the material was "suited to his voice." As a result, he started cutting demos and everybody thought they sounded great.

- He felt that any of his favorite songs that were "piano and voice" were appropriate for After Hours.

- Glenn says no matter how big your house is, you can only have one bed (with regard to how successful he is).

- The DJ (Mark? Brian?) brings up his role in Jerry Maguire and kind of summarizes his scene where he's on the phone with Tom Cruise. Glenn tells a story about how he got the part. He says Cameron Crowe called him to read for him, and at first it was for the Beau Bridges part - Bridges played a Texan. Glenn wanted to try to work on a Texas accent for the character. Crowe, apparently to avoid waiting for Glenn to perfect an accent, instead offered him the part of the team manager who blows Cruise off. Crowe told him, "I think you won't have any problem blowing off Tom Cruise." Glenn says, "Cameron thought I would be confident enough to do this." Glenn then compliments Cruise's professionalism.

- He's asked about Don Johnson; is he still friends with him? Glenn says although he doesn't see Johnson enough, whenever they get together, it's just like old times. The DJ tells him Don Johnson is playing somebody's father on some show (he named it but I didn't hear it clearly) and Glenn thinks that's cool.

- The DJ brings up Stevie Nicks and how she loves to come on their program. He says some successful classic rock groups just rely on back catalog and don't do new stuff. He asks where the Eagles are headed and Glenn makes jokes like "We're headed for walkers." He repeats the "Hotel California lap blanket" joke. He says "the clock is ticking" and they go "year by year" but this year is a quiet one.

- He says the DVD documentary about the Eagles is getting made by Alex Gibney who directed Smartest Guys in the Room about Enron and has won other awards for other projects. Glenn says he wanted someone who got nominated for/won "Best Documentary" at the Academy Awards to direct the project because he wants the best. Glenn hopes it'll be out by Christmas.

[My dang phone rang so I missed some of this! BOOOOO]

- Glenn gets complimented about duplicating the sound of the original recordings onstage when the Eagles play live.The DJ compares him to Paul McCartney that way. Glenn believes that's "so cool."

- The DJ asks him if it's a pain to get all the Eagles to work together, or if it's still creative and fun. Glenn says it's creative and fun most of the time. The biggest problem is the geography and Don living over in Dallas and Joe liking to go all over the place. He says Don had to sacrifice in order to make the commitment to finish Long Road Out of Eden. He also says no one wants to neglect their kids to make new music.

- He says the Eagles are "floating through this year" despite the fact that it's their 40th anniversary because they don't want to "muck things up" when some bands are doing their 50th anniversary tours.

- He's gonna play live with the Santa Monica high school orchestra at the Wiltern. These are the kids in his video.

- Rehearsals are going fantastic. He's going to play in New York City with the NYU orchestra.

- He's going to be on the Today show!

- He mentions the video on his official site.

- Glenn calls Joe "a big kid who happens to shred on the guitar."

- The DJ wants Glenn to act more. Glenn says he doesn't actively pursue acting, but if someone calls him up, he's interested! The DJ jokes that he loved Glenn in Titanic and Glenn says, "I know. Didn't I drown great?" then when the DJ replies "You broke my heart" Glenn adds, "I'm drowning again next month." lol!

No mention of new tour dates, I'm afraid.

Gotta run to class now!

GlennLover
04-23-2012, 12:09 PM
Glenn has an upcoming interview on KLOS, 95.5 in Los Angeles, 9am PDT.

This is the announcement: http://markandbrian.com/sectional.asp?id=16127

This is the Listen Live link: http://www.955klos.com/
or
http://markandbrian.com/sectional.asp?id=16121

For people who might be interested in Babe of the Day, this is a good thing to have in your Facebook NewsFeed. For the rest of us, it's best used as a page to just visit and glance at quickly for news.

ETA: I can't believe I didn't put the date! Monday morning! 4/23

I'm not able to listen live. I get a message that it is not available in my area due to regulatory restrictions. However, they do list podcasts of the shows after they have aired. I tried to listen to one & I am able to access that, so hopefully I can hear Glenn tomorrow through the podcast. It also gives the option to download, but I haven't tried that yet.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-23-2012, 12:30 PM
I got it on mp3 but that's probably some sort of copyright violation. Big news is he'll be on the Today show sometime before the NYC Town Hall show.

GlennLover
04-23-2012, 01:06 PM
I got it on mp3 but that's probably some sort of copyright violation. Big news is he'll be on the Today show sometime before the NYC Town Hall show.

:yay::yay::yay: I'm really glad that he is doing so much to promote the album! I hope that will transfer into more concert dates later on.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-23-2012, 01:15 PM
In other news, the LA show will be performed (some songs) with a high school orchestra. He said the NYC/Town Hall show will be with a different one.

He did not mention booking more shows.

When asked about the Eagles future in the next ten years, he said 'lap blankets', then clarified with 'Hotel California lap-blankets'. I believe he mentioned walkers as well. Then he said they plan one year at a time.

He referred to the Eagles touring schedule as 'a few shows this year'.

They hope to have the DVD documentary out by Christmas.

Mark and Brian talked about him listening to the Beatles and deciding he wanted to do that for the rest of his life. He said that happened to a lot of people, mentioned that he has friends who play small clubs and it doesn't matter what size the crowd is on whether you enjoy it (vastly paraphrased there). Mark or Brian mentioned that he had a bigger house than his friends. He said 'Well, yeah, but you can only have one bed.'

timfan
04-23-2012, 01:33 PM
just waiting for the 9 am hour to come up on the podcast ( all the other hours are up from today so hopefully it won't be long)

http://markandbrian.com/blog.asp?id=33807

ETA: It's up!! :applause:

Henley Honey
04-23-2012, 02:02 PM
I heard the KLOS radio interview with Glenn this morning.
I was happy to hear that for the LA show he will have the Santa Monica HS Orchestra play with him who he said were phenominal and in NY the NYU Orchestra. I'm looking forward to hearing the added dimension a back-up orchestra will bring to the performance.

He sounded great. Very upbeat and enthusiastic about the album and tour.

I'd never heard this before, but while discussing Joe Walsh, Glenn said they sometimes call him Pee Wee Hendrix because he is a big kid who can wail on a stratocaster.

He also talked about history of the Eagles double dvd they're working on. He hopes to have it out by Christmas! :applause:

sodascouts
04-23-2012, 02:03 PM
OK, just got out of class and want to make a few comments before heading off to lunch.

I thought Glenn came across as very relaxed and funny.

I thought it was interesting how this project was partially inspired by Michael Bolton at a Pebble Beach concert! That's something I never would have guessed.

I'm so glad Glenn got the Cardinals coach part instead of the miniscule Beau Bridges part in Jerry Maguire. Crowe was right; Glenn below off Cruise like a pro, lol. Glenn saying he's interested if anyone calls him for a part makes me want to make a movie. :lol: Seriously, Hollywood needs to get their act together and offer more parts to Glenn!

It's neat that he's still close to Don Johnson. Those two seem like kindred spirits in a lot of ways.

I thought the recycling of the "old folks" jokes was kind of lame but hey, nobody's perfect - and as you guys know, recycled jokes is a pet peeve of mine. Free your inner funny, Glenn! lol

It looks like we shouldn't expect new music from the Eagles (I guess that's not much of a surprise) but it also sounds like they don't plan on retiring their act anytime soon.

I am so freaking excited about this documentary. It sounds like it's going to be something else!

I'm less impressed with exact duplication of records live than the DJ is but that's the way the Eagles roll. I still treasure those nuanced differences, though, like Glenn throwing in an extra "cloudy days" or Joe changing lyrics. Remember when they added a whole freaking verse to "Tequila Sunrise"? They can change it up a bit and stay true to the melody... ah well, it's not my call.

Selfishly, I think it kind of sucks that the only two shows I'm not going to also appear to be the most special. :( Well, maybe he'll pull an orchestra out for at least one of the others... shoot, I'm going to four out of six, and somehow I still manage to miss out?! Dang, I wanna go to the Wiltern show bad!

The fact that he doesn't even mention the possibility that there might be new tour dates at some point does not bode well.

Ending on an up note - I can't wait to see him on the Today Show!!!

Brooke
04-23-2012, 02:08 PM
Thanks for all the comments about Glenn's interview! Missed it, of course! I sure wish he would have mentioned more shows to be announced. :sad:

I sure am glad to hear news about the documentary. It's evidently a sure thing! Can't wait for that! :yay:

Henley Honey
04-23-2012, 02:14 PM
I wonder if he will perform on Today or just give an interview.
I'll try and find out. Have a friend who works for NBC Universal. Fingers crossed for performing!

sodascouts
04-23-2012, 02:20 PM
I can't imagine him not performing, but I suppose stranger things have happened. Give us the low-down as soon as you hear back, HH!

zeldabjr
04-23-2012, 02:20 PM
great interview with Glenn...yeah everyone wanted to be like the Beatles after they saw them on tv...but everyone isn't as freakin talented as you Glenn...that's why you're where you are today!:)

zelda

GlennLover
04-23-2012, 02:21 PM
Thoroughly enjoyed the interview!!! I was able to download it, so it will be listened to many more times! I have heard the PeeWee Hendrix & lap blanket jokes before, but from a long time ago. I can't wait for the Today show either!!

zeldabjr
04-23-2012, 02:31 PM
sorry if I missed it..but did he say when he's going to be on The Today Show?

zelda

zeldabjr
04-23-2012, 02:38 PM
wondering if anyone has a specific song off the new CD that you're especially excited to hear? mine is "The Shadow of Your Smile"...always loved this song...

Zelda

GlennLover
04-23-2012, 03:02 PM
wondering if anyone has a specific song off the new CD that you're especially excited to hear? mine is "The Shadow of Your Smile"...always loved this song...

Zelda

Of course I'm anxious to hear all of them, but I'm really looking forward to the songs that I don't recognize or have only heard a couple of times. I know "My Buddy" fairly well. I heard "The Shadow of Your Smile" both nights in Niagara Falls. It was gorgeous! He sang "Caroline No", "Route 66" & "The Look of Love" in NF also. He did a wonderful job on those as well! :applause: Oh, heck - I can't wait to hear all of them! :heart:

Glennhoney
04-23-2012, 05:52 PM
I just listened to the interview and thought he did a great job...he seemed very relaxed ...and just chatting it up....though I've never met him..I know he's just an awesome guy...:heart:

Freypower
04-23-2012, 06:35 PM
Of course I'm anxious to hear all of them, but I'm really looking forward to the songs that I don't recognize or have only heard a couple of times. I know "My Buddy" fairly well. I heard "The Shadow of Your Smile" both nights in Niagara Falls. It was gorgeous! He sang "Caroline No", "Route 66" & "The Look of Love" in NF also. He did a wonderful job on those as well! :applause: Oh, heck - I can't wait to hear all of them! :heart:

That's how I feel. Most of these songs, I don't know.

Well, as I'm the Border representative at the Wiltern, it sounds like it will be very special indeed. I wish I could have given someone my extra ticket. It baffles me why this tour will be so short but I'm even more determined to enjoy my part of it.

Freypower
04-23-2012, 06:38 PM
I teach class in 20 minutes. I sure hope they interview Glenn before then!

- The DJ brings up Stevie Nicks and how she loves to come on their program. He says some successful classic rock groups just rely on back catalog and don't do new stuff. He asks where the Eagles are headed and Glenn makes jokes like "We're headed for walkers." He repeats some of the old folks jokes from Farewell 1. He says "the clock is ticking" and they go "year by year" but this year is slower.

Regarding the part about relying on back catalogue, unfortunately the Eagles have reverted to doing exactly that now. I am glad I saw them when they were prepared to play newer material.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-23-2012, 06:44 PM
I'm looking forward to The Look of Love. I've always loved this song, as I believe I'm mentioned a hundred times. You all are probably tired of hearing it! But besides liking the song, I have a feeling that during a concert, should he glance my way while singing it, he'd think 'wow, that's the look I'm singing about right there'. There won't be a way to hide the fan love during this song.

Freypower
04-23-2012, 06:46 PM
All he has to do with me is repeat what he did in Route 66. :heart: :nahnah:

zeldabjr
04-23-2012, 06:53 PM
I'm looking forward to The Look of Love. I've always loved this song, as I believe I'm mentioned a hundred times. You all are probably tired of hearing it! But besides liking the song, I have a feeling that during a concert, should he glance my way while singing it, he'd think 'wow, that's the look I'm singing about right there'. There won't be a way to hide the fan love during this song.

Yeah I love that song too...it was out when I was very young but I remember hearing it on the radio and loved it.

zelda

sodascouts
04-23-2012, 06:54 PM
Regarding which song I want to hear: I think if he wants to melt the women, he should do "The Shadow of Your Smile." That's what I'm looking forward to.

I guess "Route 66" might appeal more to men, though, so he might pull that out for the Today show. Personally, it's my least favorite of those he did.

What would be even cooler for me personally is to hear something I haven't heard before.

sorry if I missed it..but did he say when he's going to be on The Today Show?

I didn't hear a date, but I imagine it'll be shortly before the New York show.

Well, as I'm the Border representative at the Wiltern, it sounds like it will be very special indeed (NB: one more time: I have an extra ticket, really I do; no it isn't front row but there may not be many more chances like this).

Certainly but I'm taking the fact that I can't get a ticket in the first few rows as a sign I shouldn't go - otherwise I would totally be there with you.

Freypower
04-23-2012, 07:32 PM
Having just listened to it, there was too much emphasis on the acting for my taste. To me that is all in the past. I was mainly interested in the anecdotes about how After Hours came about. He sang I Left My Heart In San Francisco once, he said. SIGH!

The show Don Johnson is in is called East Bound & Down.

Windeagle
04-23-2012, 08:15 PM

I wondered if he'd be making the rounds of the morning news shows while he's on the East Coast. Time to set the TiVo.

04-23-2012, 09:44 PM
I just finished listening to the interview and I loved it. Of course, I'm pretty easy when it comes to listening to Sugar. Glenn told Soda, PLS, Molly, and I at Pebble Beach in 2008 that he was thinking about doing this album. I wonder if that was the same year that Michael Bolton said something to him - very cool.

sodascouts
04-23-2012, 10:02 PM
I think not, because he had mentioned it before then. However, perhaps it was the 2007 Pebble Beach concert. Still cool!

04-23-2012, 11:01 PM
Hmmm - I don't recall him mentioning it before 2008, but I could be misremembering. I definitely remember him talking about it in 2008 when he was giving us some 'updates' as we were coming down from the bleachers. But, I think that was on Tuesday before the concert on Wednesday that year, so maybe it was the previous year.

Windeagle
04-24-2012, 08:52 AM
Hmmm - I don't recall him mentioning it before 2008, but I could be misremembering. I definitely remember him talking about it in 2008 when he was giving us some 'updates' as we were coming down from the bleachers. But, I think that was on Tuesday before the concert on Wednesday that year, so maybe it was the previous year.

Dreamer, I smiled at your mention of Glenn giving you all 'updates' like he was a neighbor chatting over the fence. I've read the Pebble Beach threads and even though he seems very down-to-earth, I'd still be a complete basket case if I had the opportunity to talk to him - or any of them for that matter. I admire you all for being able to get past the fangirl and get to know the real person. I'm sure Glenn appreciates that.

prayfordaylight
04-24-2012, 10:19 AM
Finally heard back from Big 100.3 here in DC. They said Glenn should be on at 7:40AM tomorrow (4:40 in LA yeesh!)

http://www.thebigdc.com/main.html

VAisForEagleLovers
04-24-2012, 11:28 AM
Finally heard back from Big 100.3 here in DC. They said Glenn should be on at 7:40AM tomorrow (4:40 in LA yeesh!)

http://www.thebigdc.com/main.html

Thanks for the info, PFD! I tried to listen this morning and the player just stopped and I couldn't get it going again. I might have to go out in the car and listen as none of my radios in the house pick up stations in DC.

The interview might be pre-recorded, or he may have come east to rehearse with the symphony for the NYC show. Though I guess even if he's here, it would still feel like 4:40.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-24-2012, 11:37 AM
I'm actually surprised that it's BIG100.3 that's doing the interview, it's their sister station, WASHFM that mentions the new CD on their website and is giving away tickets to the concert.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-24-2012, 12:56 PM
I just heard the promo, Glenn himself saying 'hey, listen to me tomorrow morning with Tommy Griffin' (or whatever the DJs name is). He was obviously on the phone. Then they followed the promo with a 'two-fer' of Seger. Best of both worlds. One of them is Still the Same! LOL. :rofl:

Also, it just dropped into my Facebook newsfeed that the interview will be at 5:40 and 7:40. It goes without saying I'll not be listening at 5:40.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-24-2012, 02:11 PM
I just can't stop posting things to this thread!! BIG100.3 just posted on facebook:

"Just spoke with Glenn Frey for 20 minutes. He's AWESOME. I won't air the entire interview, just the highlights tomorrow. I will post the entire interview on my PODCAST at www.TheBigDC.com (http://www.thebigdc.com/) tomorrow after my show. He's fired up to visit DC, and I'm doing everything in my power to get him to visit the studio and play a few songs live during the morning show. Tommy"

One person asked if there will be an Eagles concert announcement coming soon. BIG100.3 replied with 'yes'. I asked if it was something other than the Vegas show just announced. We'll see what the answer is!

Brooke
04-24-2012, 02:55 PM
VA, you are on the ball! Thanks for all the info! :thumbsup:

GlennLover
04-24-2012, 03:01 PM
I'm lovin' all the promo from Glenn. :yay: Keep 'em commin', Glenn!!!!!:inlove:

Thanks, VA!

prayfordaylight
04-24-2012, 03:19 PM
Can't wait to listen tomorrow. Just bummed I can't make the show here in addition to Bethlehem.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-24-2012, 03:56 PM
Me again! So...I asked Big100.3 if the Eagles concert announcement was something more than the Vegas show just announced and their reply was 'yep'!

sodascouts
04-24-2012, 04:07 PM
I'm so glad the interview is getting archived, for those of us who can't listen at the time.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-24-2012, 04:16 PM
I'm so glad the interview is getting archived, for those of us who can't listen at the time.

The DJ isn't playing the entire interview live anyway, so to hear the entire thing, need to get the podcast.

Glennsallnighter
04-24-2012, 06:01 PM
Thanks for all the information VA. Highly unlikely I'll get to hear it as I'll be at work. And I can't get the link to work, but Hopefully I'll access the podcast tomorrow evening.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-24-2012, 07:28 PM
PFD, thank you so much for listening to this station and paying attention and alerting us to this interview. It's not on their website anywhere! I listened to it all day, it's a much better station than I remember. I might have to listen more often instead of sticking with satellite.

04-24-2012, 09:04 PM
Thanks again to all of you who have been so diligent in keeping us up to date with all the news. You all rock! :rockon: This upcoming D.C. interview sounds like it's gonna be a lot of fun. Can't wait to hear it.

prayfordaylight
04-24-2012, 09:08 PM
PFD, thank you so much for listening to this station and paying attention and alerting us to this interview. It's not on their website anywhere! I listened to it all day, it's a much better station than I remember. I might have to listen more often instead of sticking with satellite.

Anytime! I listen to Tommy maybe once or twice week on my way to work and I guess I just picked the right day last week.

We're lacking in decent radio stations here so I'm glad 100.3 is stepping up.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-25-2012, 12:16 AM
OK, it's after midnight here on the East Coast, so that means it's thirteen days until the CD is released and two weeks until the first show in NYC. :yay:

VAisForEagleLovers
04-25-2012, 08:06 AM
WooHoo, found an interview Glenn did for a Charlotte, NC radio station. He talks more about the volunteer party at Pebble Beach and...he says he'll do the tour that's planned and 'see', but he'd like to 'take it' to England and Europe.

http://bobandsheri.com/a/player/index.cfm?ID=3116&sitecode=bs

ETA: A friend of mine, Bill, who lives in GA emailed me the link this morning. I asked him for more info, Bob and Sheri is a syndicated program, so this was played in various locations, and that's how he heard it.

prayfordaylight
04-25-2012, 08:06 AM
The 100.3 interview has been broken into several chunks. I did not listen to the 5:40AM one but here's what I got at 7:40:

DJ teased new Eagles tour dates at 7:15 after playing Hotel California.

Has 2 N's in his name because his mother loved Glenn Miller.

Took his 9 year old to school and then went to studio to work on the record when off with the Eagles.

6 or 7 songs from After Hours in the middle of the set.

Listed several Eagles singles - says there's a place for them in the set.

8:10AM next part. Segued into "All Night Long".

prayfordaylight
04-25-2012, 08:12 AM
8:10 segment:

If you're a band for your time, you can become a band for all time.

Quieter year for us - Joe and I have albums, Don is working on one.

Mentioned DVD set.

Wouldn't be surprised if there's a BIG tour next year.

Doesn't know if Joe or Don have heard After Hours. "They'll find their way to it."

"Every time I think I've got this band figured out..." "We stay together because it's still interesting."

If he has any time to spare in DC, he may visit the 100.3 studios.

Glennsallnighter
04-25-2012, 08:41 AM
WooHoo, found an interview Glenn did for a Charlotte, NC radio station. He talks more about the volunteer party at Pebble Beach and...he says he'll do the tour that's planned and 'see', but he'd like to 'take it' to England and Europe.

http://bobandsheri.com/a/player/index.cfm?ID=3116&sitecode=bs

ETA: A friend of mine, Bill, who lives in GA emailed me the link this morning. I asked him for more info, Bob and Sheri is a syndicated program, so this was played in various locations, and that's how he heard it.

Please Glenn :heart: please !

VAisForEagleLovers
04-25-2012, 10:21 AM
I called BIGDC and asked where the entire podcast is, they keep advertising it's out there, that if you click on 'Tommy' it's there. It's not. They said to try again in an hour. When it shows up, I'll post the direct link here.