PDA

View Full Version : Amazon pre-order for After Hours

TimothyBFan
03-15-2012, 09:38 AM
http://www.amazon.com/After-Hours-Deluxe-Edition-Glenn/dp/B007KCG7GM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1331818619&sr=8-1

Also a regular edition available.

VAisForEagleLovers
03-15-2012, 09:40 AM
WooHoo!

EasyFeeling
03-15-2012, 09:44 AM
Hope it shows up soon on the German website.

timfan
03-15-2012, 10:00 AM
YAHOOO!!! This just keeps getting better!! :partytime: :partytime::applause: :applause:

Henley Honey
03-15-2012, 10:00 AM
Thanks, TBF. You're "on it". Nice work!

timfan
03-15-2012, 10:14 AM
I wonder what the diffrence is between the Deluxe and regular edition. ( I am of course getting the deluxe anyway!)

VAisForEagleLovers
03-15-2012, 10:21 AM
Same here, got the Deluxe. Now, if only May were here already. With this great weather we've been having, it feels like it's already here.

TimothyBFan
03-15-2012, 10:24 AM
I know---I wish there were more details but it just popped up this morning. I happen to be looking at a couple pre-order books I had (ended up cancelling them to get from B & N because had a gift card) and thought I'd search Analog Man and After Hours and couldn't believe it when they were both there!!! I couldn't wait to get them posted here. I notice that Analog Man is a cd & dvd---could we possibly hope for the same with After Hours, hence the "deluxe"? A girl can dream!!!!

Brooke
03-15-2012, 10:59 AM
Wonderful! I must get over there! :thumbsup:

timfan
03-15-2012, 11:05 AM
I am unsure of whether to the pre order the album ( I remember the issues many of our members had with amazon when Timothy released Expando) I wonder if the After Hours will be available in stores.

Glennsallnighter
03-15-2012, 11:17 AM
Thanks for the link Willie! I'll be pre ordering as its unlikely to hit the shelves here any time before then. However TF, I do remember per ordering Long Road only to find it in our music stores in the day of release. Quite simply I cancelled the preorder.

EF. You could always just use Amazon.com?

Yeah. I was wondering too if there will be some DVD footage on the de luxe edition. Or maybe a booklet with some yummy new pics? Either or both would suffice!

Brooke
03-15-2012, 01:39 PM
Pre-ordered the Deluxe edition. Wish we knew what the diff is.

sodascouts
03-15-2012, 02:09 PM
I'm guessing the deluxe edition has the video we see on his site and perhaps some more "behind the scenes" footage. If it's an extra song or two, though, even better!

I'm going to pre-order a copy, and also buy a copy from a local store. I can always give away the extra copy. I have a friend with a May birthday. The gift of Glenn. ;)

timfan
03-15-2012, 02:26 PM
There's another possiblity (for those of you going to his shows) He may have the CD for sale there!

EasyFeeling
03-15-2012, 02:58 PM
GF, I believe it shows up on amazon in Germany, its only a matter of time. Maybe I can get it at a lower price.

Henley Honey
03-15-2012, 04:32 PM
I'm going to pre-order a copy, and also buy a copy from a local store.

Me too, but I'm having flashbacks of my experience when LROOE was released. The local Walmart manager told me that the CD's had arrived at the store, but could not be located. :brickwall: Flash forward 20 minutes to me on my hands and knees in the CD aisle ripping open random cartons in a desperate attempt to find them.

The store manager was not amused. I did not care. :nahnah:
I found the CD's. :thumbsup:

GlennLover
03-15-2012, 04:35 PM
I don't see either After Hours or Analog Man on Amazon.ca yet. Interestingly enough, there are a number of other albums available with both of those titles.

timfan
03-15-2012, 04:40 PM
I don't see either After Hours or Analog Man on Amazon.ca yet. Interestingly enough, there are a number of other albums available with both of those titles.

GL It's not on Amazon.ca yet but you can order it from amazon.com.. just be prepared to pay almost as much for shipping as the album itself! I'm going to wait a bit and see if it turns up on the Canadian site.

GlennLover
03-15-2012, 05:13 PM
GL It's not on Amazon.ca yet but you can order it from amazon.com.. just be prepared to pay almost as much for shipping as the album itself! I'm going to wait a bit and see if it turns up on the Canadian site.

Yes, I am too. That's why I didn't order it from Amazon.com. Surely it will show up on .ca. Expando did.

Freypower
03-15-2012, 05:30 PM
The one day I need to use Amazon the page isn't loading. Oh well. I can wait.

ETA: DONE!

I want that video to keep; I hope that's part of the package. :heart:

GlennLover
03-28-2012, 10:01 PM
Yay! It's finally available for preorder on Amazon.ca! :yay: I was holding off as the shipping rates from Amazon.com to Canada were exhorbitant, especially for express shipping :ack: (which I would choose because I can't wait any longer than I have to get it)! I was getting worried :worried: though! I almost ordered it from .com! :yay:

No sign of Analog Man yet! :-(

Glennsallnighter
03-29-2012, 07:12 AM
And its now up on Amazon.co.uk as well! :yay: :yay: :yay:

timfan
03-29-2012, 09:24 AM
YAHOO!!!! :partytime: :hilarious: :thumbsup: I'm gonna order it!! Thanks GL for being so on the ball :)

Glennsallnighter
04-15-2012, 05:07 PM
Its been taken OFF Amazon.co.uk :confused:

GlennLover
04-16-2012, 09:44 PM
Its been taken OFF Amazon.co.uk :confused:

Oh, no! What's with that!?

Freypower
04-16-2012, 11:35 PM
It's back there now. I won't link because I'm signed in under my name & it may not work, but it's there.

Glennsallnighter
04-17-2012, 03:33 AM
Oh good. Thank you FP. Must've been a 'technical issue ' :roll:

Koala
04-19-2012, 02:33 AM
Finally you can pre-order the album also at amazon.de!:razz::grin:

Glennsallnighter
04-19-2012, 09:39 AM
I've preordered one copy off Amazon.co.uk. But they only have the 'standard' version and it was more than the CD cost to get express posting. However I should have it by the end of the release week. I'm also going to order a few copies of the delux edition from Amazon.com. I want it all! lol.

GlennLover
05-07-2012, 03:22 PM
My album has been shipped:blueblob::blueblob::blueblob: I ordered express shipping, but it won't be here by tomorrow. ITunes here I come!!!

zeldabjr
05-07-2012, 09:09 PM
Well I'm on Glenn overload today and NOT complaining!!

My album hasn't shipped yet but I expect it will shortly. Had a bit of a scare when I awoke this morning to an email from amazon saying my credit card wasn't working (a definate EEEK moment) but it was just that the card had been a changed awhile ago and I had forgotten to change it on Amazon.. Problem solved lol

Good thing your problem was nothing big... I just checked...Amazon hasn't shipped mine..was hoping they'd ship so we'd have them tomorrow...guess that's too much to ask for...
zelda

sodascouts
05-07-2012, 09:34 PM
Mine won't be shipping until freaking THURSDAY. LAME!! Oh well, I was planning on buying more than one copy anyway, so I'll be at the music store tomorrow when the doors open! I'm just concerned that they might not be selling the deluxe version.

WalshFan88
05-07-2012, 09:40 PM
I didn't preorder it but am planning to pick up a copy as soon as I get to a store. I love Route 66!

GlennLover
05-07-2012, 09:42 PM
I just went to get ready to listen to the WNYC interview again & discovered that there was an option to download it! I really didn't have time to listen tonight so now I can listen tomorrow at my leisure (and whenever else I need a Glenn fix)!

Bringing the link forward: http://www.wnyc.org/shows/soundcheck/

Windeagle
05-07-2012, 09:58 PM
I just went to get ready to listen to the WNYC interview again & discovered that there was an option to download it! I really didn't have time to listen tonight so now I can listen tomorrow at my leisure (and whenever else I need a Glenn fix)!

Bringing the link forward: http://www.wnyc.org/shows/soundcheck/

I'll be here with you once again, GL. Just finished watching Today on TiVo and now setting up the WNYC stream. It's a good night.

GlennLover
05-07-2012, 10:16 PM
I'll be here with you once again, GL. Just finished watching Today on TiVo and now setting up the WNYC stream. It's a good night.

It's been a good day! :blueblob: :nod: :inlove:

Freypower
05-07-2012, 11:34 PM
Literally just had the email saying Amazon have shipped my copy. When is it estimated to arrive? On May 21 - the very day I leave for LA!

Koala
05-07-2012, 11:50 PM
My Album is not shipped Set, it will arrived me not befor 9 June!:mad:

whitcap
05-08-2012, 01:42 AM
I just got an email from Amazon. My copy has shipped! I should get it Saturday :)

Glennsallnighter
05-08-2012, 02:16 AM
Sometimes the actual delivery is earlier than the estimated one FP. I think they give the worst possible estimate to keep people from complaining if there is a delay. I would say you should be confident it will arrive before then.

GlennLover
05-08-2012, 05:24 AM
Sometimes the actual delivery is earlier than the estimated one FP. I think they give the worst possible estimate to keep people from complaining if there is a delay. I would say you should be confident it will arrive before then.

That has been my experience as well, FP! I'm sure you won't have to wait that long.

EaglesKiwi
05-08-2012, 05:43 AM
Literally just had the email saying Amazon have shipped my copy. When is it estimated to arrive? On May 21 - the very day I leave for LA!
It's going to take a month longer (June 19) to ship mine to New Zealand - which is actually closer than Sydney!! :evil::depressed:.

I could probably swim to the States to pick it up faster than they're gonna ship it to me!

Glennsallnighter
05-08-2012, 05:49 AM
Apparently it will take that long for my Vinyl and T-shirt bundle that I ordered on Glenn :heart:'s site to arrive too! Once again I hope its a case of giving the longest possible time but improving on it. We'll see!

TimothyBFan
05-08-2012, 07:41 AM
I was telling Soda yesterday what kind of idiot I am. :unimpressed: Silly me, when I ordered it, I ordered it along with Analog Man which of course, they would send when the last cd is released in June. Realizing my mistake yesterday, I decided to just cancel out After Hours on the order and will try to pick it up at Walmart. Hopefully we will be able to get it there.

Brooke
05-08-2012, 09:47 AM
Mine is to arrive next Tuesday, the 15th. It's been my experience in the past that stuff arrives a day or two earlier. Hope so. I'm trying to avoid going to the store to buy it. Can I hold out? We'll see.

Victim of Love
05-08-2012, 11:28 AM
TBF, I preordered the two of them together as well. I got an email that came in during the night advising my order had shipped lastnight with delivery estimated by the weekend (I request 2nd day delivery). When I went to Amazon my order detail shows they split the order (which has always been my experience) and After Hours "left facility at 10:00 p.m." lastnight. It's coming from Kansas -- I could have driven there to pick it up! Analog Man may be shipping from a different location. And when I checked my bank online, the charge for this part of the order also hit my account lastnight! Since it's only coming from Kansas, I anticipate having it by Friday at the latest. Can hardly stand the wait! Also requested 2nd day for Analog Man. Will be making copies of both for the car and adding them to my iPod for vacation the end of June -- I never take the originals with me.

GlennLover
05-08-2012, 11:35 AM
I have had them split orders too when one item was available before the other.

GlennLover
05-08-2012, 11:47 AM
My order was shipped yesterday & was in Moncton, N. B., a city less than a 2hr drive away, at 3:38 this morning. The expected delivery date is tomorrow. I know, I should have waited. But I couldn't help myself! It's Glenn!!! Anyway,I love reading whatever info is with the CD so I still have that to look forward to!

GlennLover
05-08-2012, 12:12 PM
LOL! My copy was just delivered! One day early!

This is the picture on the back

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss232/1Cdn/medium_NOHb7c4OokwJ7V6f0mwISqFEra9lYcV6oRdd8HKmba4 .jpg

I haven't opened it yet, but I won't post any more about it & spoil the surprise.

Glennsallnighter
05-08-2012, 01:07 PM
OMG GL! That pic is DIVINE........ :thud:

sodascouts
05-08-2012, 01:23 PM
Amazon has shipped mine today after all, and the expected arrival date is Thursday. I still think they should have it to you on the date of release but anyways... it's coming!

prayfordaylight
05-08-2012, 01:30 PM
Amazon has shipped mine today after all, and the expected arrival date is Thursday. I still think they should have it to you on the date of release but anyways... it's coming!

I usually get mine on the release date even with Super Saver but I haven't even gotten a shipping notice yet :(

Brooke
05-08-2012, 02:29 PM
Yeah, I think they should be delivered the day of release too.

My email says it is "in transit" at 1:10 am this morning, but not from where! :crazy:

VAisForEagleLovers
05-08-2012, 02:37 PM
I had Eden delivered to my door before noon on it's release date. This says Wednesday, so probably after I leave for NYC, and I have to have it for my train ride!

Brooke
05-08-2012, 02:50 PM
Just checked my email again and it says it left Dallas TX at 2:30 am. I wonder why it's shipped from there when it could have come from Kansas, like VOL's, which is much closer to me? Strange! :cuss:

prayfordaylight
05-08-2012, 03:26 PM
I just don't get shipping sometimes. Once I had a package that was in a facility 30 minutes from me in Maryland and then taken to a place 90 minutes from me in Virginia. Why would you take it further away?

timfan
05-08-2012, 04:04 PM
Well I am extremely frustrated with Amazon right now! The main Amazon warehouse in Canada is in the city where I live yet my delivery of After Hours has been "Shipping Soon" for two days! My shipping estimate still says today with a delivery Thursday or Friday but I am skeptical at this point. There still time today to get it out but I'm less than impressed.

Glennsallnighter
05-08-2012, 04:30 PM
Tell me about it TF! I went into the UK Amazon site and it tells me that my copy is 'not yet dispatched'. It is also only the standard copy. With 5 on the way from the US store I am tempted to just cancel my UK order. I had thought it would arrive by the weekend according to the site but if it's not posted tomorrow at the latest that won't happen.

Hope you get news about your copy soon.

whitcap
05-08-2012, 04:50 PM
Mine is in Dallas now so hopefully I'll have it sooner than the estimated delivery. I've also turned on text trace so I should get a text message when it arrives.

Freypower
05-08-2012, 05:05 PM
It's going to take a month longer (June 19) to ship mine to New Zealand - which is actually closer than Sydney!! :evil::depressed:.

I could probably swim to the States to pick it up faster than they're gonna ship it to me!

I asked for express shipping.

TimothyBFan
05-08-2012, 05:16 PM
TBF, I preordered the two of them together as well. I got an email that came in during the night advising my order had shipped lastnight with delivery estimated by the weekend (I request 2nd day delivery). When I went to Amazon my order detail shows they split the order (which has always been my experience) and After Hours "left facility at 10:00 p.m." lastnight. It's coming from Kansas -- I could have driven there to pick it up! Analog Man may be shipping from a different location. And when I checked my bank online, the charge for this part of the order also hit my account lastnight! Since it's only coming from Kansas, I anticipate having it by Friday at the latest. Can hardly stand the wait! Also requested 2nd day for Analog Man. Will be making copies of both for the car and adding them to my iPod for vacation the end of June -- I never take the originals with me.

I'm aware of how Amazon works when you pay for shipping but I almost always go supersaver shipping therefore they will usually ship them together and not split them up, which is what I did this time (sometimes there's been exceptions). For anything I can wait for, I refuse to spend that much on shipping when for that amount I can get another item to make it over $25 so it qualifies.. Just the way I roll. Expando & LROOE was different. I splurged and paid for shipping. :unimpressed: But as I'm seeing here, the shipping seems to be all over rather you payed for it or went Supersaver.

GlennLover
05-08-2012, 06:08 PM
Well I am extremely frustrated with Amazon right now! The main Amazon warehouse in Canada is in the city where I live yet my delivery of After Hours has been "Shipping Soon" for two days! My shipping estimate still says today with a delivery Thursday or Friday but I am skeptical at this point. There still time today to get it out but I'm less than impressed.

That's odd, tf. My copy was shipped from Toronto. Did you request express shipping? I don't normally, but with AH I wanted it as soon as I could possibly get it! :)

timfan
05-09-2012, 07:03 AM
My package shipped at 3:30 this morning and is scheduled to arrive today!!

Glennsallnighter
05-09-2012, 08:28 AM
That's great news TF. I got an email from amazon.co.uk to tell me that there had been a delay and it will be shipped next week. That was followed up by a reply to a different contact I had made last night. Seems 'After Hours' will be released in Europe on May 15th. Whether that is just on the European Amazon stores or the record shops too I have no idea.

Brooke
05-09-2012, 09:31 AM
Just checked to see where my copy was, still in Dallas! Evidently it went from one warehouse to another in the same city on the same day! WTH! Now I'm mad. :evil: :pace:

prayfordaylight
05-09-2012, 11:03 AM
Finally got a shipping notice and arrival on Saturday (GRUMBLE). I leave town on Friday. What's the use in pre-ordering if it doesn't come until 4 days after it's released? And it's USPS and not Lasership so there's basically zero chance of it coming sooner :(

Brooke
05-09-2012, 01:20 PM
Really! I wish I would have just waited and bought it at my local Walmart. I would have it by now!

Glennsallnighter
05-09-2012, 01:20 PM
Well I can't believe it. Just about an hour ago my Amazon.com order arrived from the States. It was only shipped yesterday. Now that is good going. I'm listening to it as I type! And it's brilliant!

Brooke
05-09-2012, 01:30 PM
How in the world Ga? And some of us here haven't gotten theirs yet! I'm glad for you, but I'm really mad that mine isn't here yet!

Glennsallnighter
05-09-2012, 01:41 PM
I dunno Brooke! I was having coffee with my neighbour. A UPS van passed and I joked 'there's my copy of After Hours'. Then when I arrived home there it was! Amazing! Maybe I'm the only person in Ireland to order it! I hope you get yours soon.

zeldabjr
05-09-2012, 02:12 PM
I just checked on Amazon and it still says not shipped yet! not happy:mad:

I had ordered Glenn's and Joe's together...looks like neither will ship until Joe's comes out in June...so I cancelled Glenn's on Amazon...just went to Walmart and bought it...got the last one...hurried to open it(as fast as one can open a CD) put it in the CD player...oops Already Gone just started playing on the radio....sorry Glenn gotta wait til the Eagles song is over!:lol:

sodascouts
05-09-2012, 02:17 PM
My order tracker says it's "in transit" but that it got to Memphis at 6:00 this morning. I hope that means that it's "in transit" to my mailbox and I'll get it when I come home!

whitcap
05-09-2012, 03:16 PM
The deluxe edition is Amazon's 13th best selling item in music right now. :)

Victim of Love
05-09-2012, 03:42 PM
IT'S HERE!!!!!!

timfan
05-09-2012, 05:07 PM
So is MINE!!! It arrived while I was out this afternoon!!

A funny thing It was shipped from Mississauga ( the Amazon warehouse) to Cobourg ( a small town near the Toronto airport; I would guess that's where the UPS station is) .. and then back to me in Mississauga! :headscratch:

GlennLover
05-09-2012, 05:35 PM
Well I can't believe it. Just about an hour ago my Amazon.com order arrived from the States. It was only shipped yesterday. Now that is good going. I'm listening to it as I type! And it's brilliant!

Yay, GA, VOL & tf!!!! Anxious to hear your impressions!

This shipping of the CD & delivery is so strange! I don't know how I got mine yesterday. :headscratch: Mine came by UPS from Mississauga. I feel for everyone who has been frustrated (to say the least) by this!

sodascouts
05-09-2012, 08:01 PM
Came home to find the Deluxe Edition in my mailbox.Woot!!!

whitcap
05-09-2012, 09:55 PM
Mine was in Texas and now its in Mississippi :headscratch: Wouldn't it have been easier to stop and drop it off between the two.

GlennLover
05-10-2012, 01:02 AM
My husband told me that he saw the CD at Walmart tonight. I could have gotten it there too! Probably wasn't the deluxe version though. Glad to see it in the stores. never saw Expando in any of the stores here.

prayfordaylight
05-10-2012, 07:53 AM
Amazon has mine in West Virginia. Holding out a very slim hope it'll arrive before I leave tomorrow but I'm doubtful.

Koala
05-10-2012, 08:21 AM
surprise! my album is actually already arrived!:razz:

Brooke
05-10-2012, 09:17 AM
I'm still waiting. Early this morning it arrived in Kansas City. Maybe I'll get it tomorrow. Mine is coming from the postal service for some reason. Shoulda known. :pace: :machinegun:

I am happy for you that have gotten yours.

Victim of Love
05-10-2012, 09:20 AM
Listened to mine yesterday but had a lot of distractions so I'll sit down and REALLY listen today. Liking what I'm hearing but need a better listen to decide what my favorites are. All in all I have to say, "Great job, Glenn!"

Glennsallnighter
05-10-2012, 09:45 AM
surprise! my album is actually already arrived!:razz:

Maybe you and I were the only European orders Koala? :rockguitar:

prayfordaylight
05-10-2012, 12:07 PM
Shock of all shocks - it just arrived! Of course I have to wait until I get home from work to get it but still!

Koala
05-10-2012, 01:45 PM
Maybe you and I were the only European orders Koala? :rockguitar:

No we are not the only, I think very few other Europeans have ordered The album!

Brooke
05-14-2012, 10:14 AM
I finally got mine on Saturday. I was heading to town (about 20 miles away) and ripped it open right there in the car so I could listen on the way! :yay:

Glennsallnighter
05-14-2012, 10:19 AM
Awwwww. I'm so glad you got your copy at last Brooke :hug: I'm sure it was worth the wait!

Freypower
05-14-2012, 09:12 PM
I just received my copy!!!

I just want to make a couple of comments about the credits that nobody has mentioned.

1. The dedication to the late Bill Armstrong who appears on several tracks.

2. The use of Steuart Smith on several tracks; given that he has only played live with Glenn's solo band a couple of times.

And I love how the CD looks like a vinyl record. I probably will not attempt a review until about Friday my time. :band:

For once the double bass in this 'combo' is appropriate.

Glennsallnighter
05-15-2012, 02:49 AM
Brilliant FP! I was really hoping you'd get it before you headed off! Enjoy the listening.

The first thing Laura said when I gave her her copy was 'ooooh. It's just like a record'

GlennLover
05-15-2012, 10:27 AM
So glad you finally got it, FP! I had been going to mention about the dedication to Bill Armstrong as well. I also had noticed that Steuart played on the album as well. Va said in her review that he was at the concert last night!