PDA

View Full Version : Aging rock stars

TimothyBFan
03-22-2012, 07:40 AM
A friend of mine posted this on FB this morning and I thought it was pretty cool to check out. Some of these guys have aged pretty darn good but others (Paul Stanley-yikes!), not so well.

http://thechive.com/2012/03/21/aging-rock-stars-43-photos/

Brooke
03-22-2012, 10:56 AM
Yikes! When you put the pictures right together like that......:fear:

sodascouts
03-22-2012, 11:00 AM
I see my girl Stevie is on the list! She has aged magnificently well. When she performed a few months ago on one of those reality shows when I was visiting home, my dad walked in while I was watching it. He asked how old she was. When I told him that she was 63, he said, "OK, but how old was she when this was filmed?" He didn't believe me when I told him it was live!

As for Keith Richards, what can you say? Yikes.

TimothyBFan
03-22-2012, 11:04 AM

It's not nice to speak ill of the dead!! :hilarious: JK I love Keef!!!!

Windeagle
03-22-2012, 11:11 AM
Meatloaf looks better now than he did in the 80s!

TimothyBFan
03-22-2012, 11:14 AM
It's funny you should say that WE--several people mentioned that on FB this morning.

lizzyplays
03-22-2012, 11:28 AM
Whoa! That was fun and interesting and scary and disturbing all at the same time! :woah::shock:

To me, Bret Michaels looks better now than before. I think he's aged gracefully, but WHY isn't JON BON JOVI on that list?!?!? For me, he is the poster child of aging gracefully. I just love him because he's gorgeous and he's gorgeous inside too. :heart::inlove::iloveyou::smitten:

Topkat
03-22-2012, 11:35 AM
Wow, some of those pictures are downright scary. I think Bruce Spingsteen still looks good, so does Tom Petty. It's a little unfair, because some of them are almost 70, & some are only in their 50's. There's a big difference in the way you look, from 50 to 70, but RINGO, OMG! He looks amazing!:thumbsup:
Still love Paul too!

Brooke
03-22-2012, 11:50 AM
Brett Michaels too! The early pic is not a very good one though.

EagleLady
03-22-2012, 02:26 PM
Stevie is Beautiful!

Joan Jett has aged well too

Freypower
03-22-2012, 05:38 PM
Of course they didn't bother with Mark Knopfler but he looks much better now that he doesn't pretend to have hair.

That was a dreadful photo of Neil Young. Paul & Ringo still look good though.

Topkat
03-22-2012, 06:03 PM
Well Brett just turned 49, & Joan Jett is 53, while on the other hand Ringo is 72. That's a huge age difference. Let's see how good they look at 72! I don't think they will be looking as good as Ringo!

EagleLady
03-22-2012, 07:11 PM
Well Brett just turned 49, & Joan Jett is 53, while on the other hand Ringo is 72. That's a huge age difference. Let's see how good they look at 72! I don't think they will be looking as good as Ringo!

I would disagree.

Ive always been a dreamer
03-22-2012, 08:13 PM
The Motley Crue gang are still looking pretty good IMO. Vince and Tommy are shown, but Nikki Sixx isn't. I've seen him on TV recently and he looks really good. Richie Sambora also is looking fine and I agree that they should have pictured Jon Bon Jovi.

StephUK
03-22-2012, 09:19 PM
Some of them do look better than when they were younger, but a few now look almost scary.
I also think Meatloaf looks better, but Robert Plant & Mick Jagger look terrible.
Of course we don't know who may have had cosmetic surgery and managed to keep it quiet.

Maleah
03-22-2012, 11:48 PM
Wow.....some of them look a little scary! lol Based on the pictures chosen, there are definitely a few that I think look just as good or even better now than when they were younger! Such as Bret Michaels, Stevie Nicks, Joan Jett, Bruce Springsteen, Tommy Lee, Richie Sambora (there are a lot better recent pics of him I think though!), Pat Benatar.....there's a few more but I can hardly keep my eyes open now to keep typing. lol

EaglesKiwi
03-24-2012, 08:13 AM
Well, Ringo and especially Paul were very baby-faced in their 20s, so it's not so surprising that they still look good now. :)

And Mick Jagger was never exactly a pretty boy IMHO, but now - oh my, that's a bit scary!

Some have aged well, some have aged gracefully and although they look their age they still look good. e.g. Annie Lennox.

It's not a great photo of David Crosby - he looked much better than that when I saw him 4 hours ago... :nahnah: Admittedly I was quite some way back. :laugh:

WalshFan88
03-31-2012, 10:26 PM
I see my girl Stevie is on the list! She has aged magnificently well.

I agree on the first one! :heart::heart::heart:

LMAO at the 2nd one! The only things left at the end of the world will be rats, cockroaches, and Keith Richards. :rofl:

Topkat
04-01-2012, 09:19 AM
The Motley Crue gang are still looking pretty good IMO. Vince and Tommy are shown, but Nikki Sixx isn't. I've seen him on TV recently and he looks really good. Richie Sambora also is looking fine and I agree that they should have pictured Jon Bon Jovi.

Vince had a face lift. It was shown on TV! OMG it looks like a horrible operation, I had to turn away when they were showing the actual surgery. I don't think I will ever have a facelift, even if I get as old & wrinkled as Keith & Mick! LOL