PDA

View Full Version : John Fogerty

VAisForEagleLovers
04-03-2012, 03:40 PM
Former Creedence Clearwater Revival frontman John Fogerty will release a new album, entitled Wrote a Song for Everyone, in the fall. Fogerty teams up with an all-star cast on the new album, including Bob Seger, My Morning Jacket, Dawes, the Foo Fighters, Keith Urban, Brad Paisley, Alan Jackson, Miranda Lambert and more to be announced soon.

http://www.jambands.com/news/2012/04/03/john-fogerty-to-release-new-album-featuring-bob-seger-foo-fighters-my-morning-jacket

sodascouts
04-04-2012, 10:27 PM
Cool!

SteveJoburg
04-14-2012, 06:18 AM
Looking forward to it!

Ive always been a dreamer
04-14-2012, 02:47 PM
Yep - Definitely sounds like it may be worth checking out!

TimothyBFan
06-13-2012, 07:14 AM
Saw this on the Sirius Classic Vinyl FB this morning. Sounds very intriguing. Will have to check Amazon for presale info.

John Fogerty has announced an October 9th release for "Wrote a Song for Everyone", a duets Album featuring his most famous songs. Guests include Bob Seger, Foo Fighters, Jennifer Hudson and Alan Jackson. The track listing is:
1. "Proud Mary" w/Jennifer Hudson and Allen Toussaint
2. "Born on the Bayou" w/Kid Rock
3. "Fortunate Son" w/Foo Fighters
4. "Long as I Can See the Light" w/My Morning Jacket
5. "Have You Ever Seen the Rain" w/Alan Jackson
6. "Who'll Stop the Rain" w/Bob Seger
7. "Hot Rod Heart" w/Brad Paisley
8. "Wrote a Song for Everyone" w/Miranda Lambert
9. "Almost Saturday Night" w/Keith Urban
10. "Someday Never Comes" w/Dawes

TimothyBFan
06-13-2012, 07:15 AM
Pre order from Amazon here.

http://www.amazon.com/Wrote-Song-Everyone-John-Fogerty/dp/B00847KFDS/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1339586108&sr=1-1&keywords=john+fogerty+wrote+a+song+for+everyone

VAisForEagleLovers
06-13-2012, 10:10 AM
I have SiriusXM ClassicVinyl 'liked' and I didn't see this. Grrr. FB is driving me batty. I never see anything from Joe's page either until one of my friends 'likes' his comment and I see it in the ticker. I guess it's time for another email.

Tiffanny Twisted
06-13-2012, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the heads up and the info.

Sounds like a great album. Looking forward to it.

HAving seen Fogerty in concert a few times, I look forward to this cd.

Funny , I was never a fan growing up but my hubby and son are fans and

after having seen him live, well I became one too. The man just looks like he

is having so much fun doing what he loves. (Isnt that what life is all

about??)

The one show we saw him at , there was a little girl in the first row and he

was plugging his 25th anniversay release with a baseball that he signed and

gave to the little girl. What a nice guy.:partytime:

Thanks again.

Tiffanny Twisted

Freypower
06-13-2012, 06:46 PM
It seems very similar to Lionel Richie's Tuskegee album, which is also a remake of his old songs done as duets.

The tracks with Seger & Dawes appeal to me though. I saw Fogerty in 2009 & had a fantastic time.

GlennLover
06-13-2012, 08:45 PM
I have always been a CCR & John Fogarty fan. I saw him at the same festival as some other band that I thought was quite good. Seems to me that their name was that of some kind of bird. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Seriously though, I really enjoyed his performance at that festival & I am eager to hear the new album.

Tiffanny Twisted
07-04-2013, 10:45 PM
I bought the cd and I love it
It seems to me that this gentleman is one happy camper and I have seen him live twice and he puts on an awesome show and this a great cd

Tiffanny Twisted
07-04-2013, 10:47 PM
Bought it and I love it