PDA

View Full Version : The Very Best of Don Henley Survivor

Pages : [1] 2

sodascouts
04-05-2012, 08:00 PM
Time for The Very Best of Don Henley Survivor, where we vote off Don’s songs from The Very Best of Don Henley until we get to the last one standing!

If you're new, for a basic overview of the game, see this post: Survivor Overview (https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6551&postcount=7)

I'm going to list the songs from The Very Best of Don Henley here. Vote for the song that you feel should be eliminated from the list. The song that gets the most votes will be taken off of the list (or, in the language of Survivor, "Voted off of the island.") Each round, one more song will get axed, until there's only one left. Remember: you're voting for the song you want taken off, not the song you want to stay.

Note: Do not criticize how/why other people vote. Their reasons are their own and they are free to vote however they like. Also, never attack a fellow poster. You can disagree about a certain song without making it personal. Sometimes these games can get heated, but remember.. it's still just a game.

Each round will last 48 hours after posting to give people a chance to vote who don't post every day. That means that the first round will be over at 8:00 Eastern time the day after tomorrow. Any votes cast on or after 8:00 Eastern the second day will not be counted. If you're going to wait 'til the last minute, be sure you leave yourself enough time to hit "submit"!

If you miss a round, don't think you can't play. It's all good!

Since there may be discussion posts, be sure to make it clear when you are casting your vote. Votes cannot be changed once you have voted, even if you make a mistake - so be sure you get it right the first time!

If you get confused about what round we are in, look at this post. I'll always update it to reflect the current round. Also feel free to post any questions if you don't understand what's going on.

If there is a tiebreaker, then ALL votes from ALL previous rounds are tallied and whoever has the most prior votes is eliminated. That’s the way it’s done on the real show, that’s the way it’s done here. If there is a complete tie with prior votes (Murphy’s Law), then I'll have a sudden-death trivia question ready. The first person who answers it correctly gets to break the tie. The odds of that happening are slim, but you never know, and it's good to be prepared.

The tie-breaker question will be asked one hour after results are in, if there is need for it. The exception is the last round. If the tie-breaker does not resolve the last round, then the tie will be allowed to stand.

============================

GAME OVER!

Songs eliminated:
Everybody Knows 4/07
Everything is Different Now 4/09
For My Wedding 4/11
Sunset Grill 4/13
Not Enough Love in the World 4/15
Taking You Home 4/17
I Will Not Go Quietly 4/19
New York Minute 4/21
All She Wants to Do Is Dance 4/23
Dirty Laundry 4/25
The Last Worthless Evening 4/27
The End of the Innocence 4/29
The Boys of Summer 5/01

Congratulations to the winner of our game ...

The Heart of the Matter!!!

Thanks for playing everyone.

sodascouts
04-05-2012, 08:04 PM
I like all the songs... but we gotta start somewhere!

I cast my vote for "Everybody Knows."

Don didn't write it and it's a bit repetitive. However, I have to admit, I laugh every time I hear him sing, "There were so many people you just had to meet... without your clothes." LOL!

Freypower
04-05-2012, 08:16 PM
In my opinion both Leonard Cohen, the writer of Everybody Knows, and Don are capable of much better than the jaded cynicism of this song. I am more familiar with Cohen's version; I heard it recently and I found it boring & predictable. This is the man who wrote Hallelujah, The Future, Democracy (which Don has also sung), First We Take Manhattan, etc. I don't think Don's version of Everybody Knows improves on Cohen's version & so I vote for Everybody Knows.

Windeagle
04-05-2012, 10:35 PM
I'll vote for "Everybody Knows" as well. It really doesn't do anything for me.

Koala
04-06-2012, 12:52 AM
I cast my vote for Everybody Knows!

whitcap
04-06-2012, 03:06 AM
I vote for Everybody Knows

EaglesKiwi
04-06-2012, 04:49 AM
Well I'm coming to the defence of Everybody Knows.

I'm fairly new to the song - I only got my copy of VeryBestofDH quite late last year - so I haven't "overlistened" to it yet. The lyrics - while certainly not Cohen's best - still have relevance. I love Don's vocal, and think it's expressive of the song. His version is, IMHO, a vast improvement on Cohen's (I'm sorry, the man is a great songwriter but not the best vocalist). The song is one I turn up and sing along to at the top of my voice while I'm driving home. I enjoy it very much.

That said - yes, it is repetitive, and is one of two songs that I think DON'T belong on a limited list of "the very best" of Don's work (more about that when I vote for the next song I want to see head off!).

UK TimFan
04-06-2012, 05:28 AM
I vote for 'I will not go quietly'.

sodascouts
04-06-2012, 12:15 PM
Well I'm coming to the defence of Everybody Knows.

I'm fairly new to the song - I only got my copy of VeryBestofDH quite late last year - so I haven't "overlistened" to it yet. The lyrics - while certainly not Cohen's best - still have relevance. I love Don's vocal, and think it's expressive of the song. His version is, IMHO, a vast improvement on Cohen's (I'm sorry, the man is a great songwriter but not the best vocalist). The song is one I turn up and sing along to at the top of my voice while I'm driving home. I enjoy it very much.

That said - yes, it is repetitive, and is one of two songs that I think DON'T belong on a limited list of "the very best" of Don's work (more about that when I vote for the next song I want to see head off!).

Oh, it's not that I think it's bad - it's just inferior to the other songs, IMHO.

Brooke
04-06-2012, 01:25 PM
I'm going to vote for my least favorite song in the bunch, Everything Is Different Now. The beginning especially is just so gloomy and dark sounding, that I just don't like it. I will be very, very happy to see it go! :wink:

As for EK, I've always like it well enough, although not a favorite.

Henley Honey
04-06-2012, 02:15 PM
I've got to go with All She Wants To Do Is Dance. It's kinda fun when it's played live, but now seems more monotonous.

I agree with EK on Everything is Different Now. I loved the vocal and I love that it's Don at his least-cynical best.

Victim of Love
04-06-2012, 02:37 PM
This is one of my 'cruising' CD's...I love to pop it in when I'm on a road trip. BUT, I cast my vote for Everybody Knows. Not that I don't like it, I just like it the least of all the others. For me it gets much harder to choose for elimination from here.

Maleah
04-06-2012, 02:41 PM
I cast my vote for Everything Is Different Now

It's one of the very few Don songs that I hit skip on

Tori
04-06-2012, 04:50 PM
My vote goes to Everybody Knows.

EagleLady
04-06-2012, 05:08 PM
I vote for Everything is different now.

TimothyBFan
04-06-2012, 05:28 PM
I know this is not going to be a popular vote but it really is my least favorite song on this cd. I've tried but I just don't like it. Sorry to see all the votes for Everything Is Different, I really like that one and Everybody Knows also. But what else is new, I always seem to get these games wrong. :hilarious:

I vote for For My Wedding. (ducks and runs)

Victim of Love
04-06-2012, 05:47 PM
TBF, there are NO wrong answers here...just a lot of personal preferences and "IMHO's". What excites one listener may be a turn-off for someone else but that's what makes this forum so great.

AzEaglesFan
04-07-2012, 01:55 AM
I vote for For My Wedding.

TimothyBFan
04-07-2012, 09:40 AM
Thanks, AZ!! Was afraid I might be alone in this one.

Ive always been a dreamer
04-07-2012, 01:08 PM
Nope Willie - as a HS&G guy once said, 'you are not alone'. For My Wedding is also my least favorite song on this CD and let's not forget that Don didn't write it either. I love the sentiment of the song, but it is just too bland for my taste.

I am honestly shocked that Everybody Knows appears to be the first song eliminated in the game. I love the lyrics in the song even if they are cynical and a bit repetitive, and I think Don's version is a huge improvement over Cohen's, both vocally and musically. So ...

I cast my vote for For My Wedding.

Glennsallnighter
04-07-2012, 05:39 PM
I vote this round for Everybody Knows. It just hasnt the same impact on me as others of Dons songs.

04-07-2012, 08:25 PM
The first song to be eliminated from The Very Best of Don Henley Survivor is Everybody Knows. “Everybody Knows”, you weren't that discreet, but everybody knows one of the good guys lost. You must please leave the island immediately.

Votes
Everybody Knows - 8
Everything Is Different Now – 3
For My Wedding – 3
I Will Not Go Quietly – 1
All She Wants To Do Is Dance – 1

Vote Breakdown
Everybody Knows – sodascouts
Everybody Knows – Freypower
Everybody Knows – Koala
Everybody Knows – whitcap
Everybody Knows – EaglesKiwi
Everybody Knows – Victim of Love
Everybody Knows – Tori
Everybody Knows – Glennsallnighter
Everything is Different Now – Brooke
Everything is Different Now – Maleah
Everything is Different Now – EagleLady
For My Wedding – TimothyBFan
For My Wedding - AzEaglesFan
For My Wedding – Ive always been a dreamer
I Will Not Go Quietly –UK Timfan
All She Wants To Do Is Dance – Henley Honey

Songs eliminated:
Everybody Knows 4/07

Songs remaining:
Dirty Laundry
The Boys of Summer
All She Wants to Do Is Dance
Not Enough Love in the World
Sunset Grill
The End of the Innocence
The Last Worthless Evening
New York Minute
I Will Not Go Quietly
The Heart of the Matter
For My Wedding
Everything is Different Now
Taking You Home

Voting for Round Two begins now.

Freypower
04-07-2012, 08:30 PM
I vote for For My Wedding. It's never been a favourite of mine.

Henley Honey
04-07-2012, 08:44 PM
I vote (again) for All She Wants To Do Is Dance

Maleah
04-07-2012, 09:16 PM
I vote for Everything Is Different Now

For My Wedding isn't my favorite song of Don's either, but I can tolerate listening to it more than the other. lol I'm just not a fan of the speaking parts of the song for some reason.

EagleLady
04-07-2012, 09:30 PM
I vote for Everything is different Now AGAIN. :-x

Tori
04-07-2012, 09:47 PM
I cast my vote for For My Wedding.

sodascouts
04-07-2012, 10:49 PM
I cast my vote for Everything Is Different Now.

It's a nice sentiment, and I realize the creepy sound of the verse is supposed to provide a great contrast to the bright sound of the chorus, an alignment of melody and theme. In many ways, that works. However, the creepiness is still a turn off for me. Additionally, the ending is rather repetitive.

Finally - and I know it's not reflective of the quality of the song - but I can't help but remember the horrific video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Fg1lZ4TQXU) when I hear it, and thus associate a headless stripper displaying her crotch to Don when he sings the line "I hate to tell you this, but I'm very, very happy." ::SHUDDER::

Koala
04-08-2012, 01:11 AM
I vote for Everything Is Different Now

EaglesKiwi
04-08-2012, 06:29 AM
I vote for "For My Wedding."

I love the lines "To want what I have, to take what I'm given with grace - for this I pray." It's so true (and so true that I need to pray for it!!) and Don sings that part so beautifully. :inlove:

However the pacing of the song is a little slow, and the melody a little simplistic for me. It's a pretty song, but is it really one of the Very Best of Don's songs? In my opinion, there are many that deserve to be included on the album ahead of this one. I think Goodbye to a River, Month of Sundays, Talking to the Moon, Lilah, and Come Rain or Come Shine are all better than this song.

Troubadour
04-08-2012, 12:01 PM
I will vote for Everything Is Different Now. It's simply my least favourite of the remaining songs.

I wasn't able to participate in the last round, but I would like to add my support for Everybody Knows. I've always loved the Leonard Cohen version and I think Don does a great job. I actually don't think it's inferior to Cohen's other songs... To me, the lyrics are very powerful and I really enjoy them. A sample of my favourite parts:

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded
Everybody rolls with their fingers crossed
Everybody knows that the war is over
Everybody knows the good guys lost
Everybody knows the fight was fixed
The poor stay poor, the rich get rich
That's how it goes
Everybody knows

And everybody knows that it's now or never
Everybody knows that it's me or you
And everybody knows that you live forever
Ah when you've done a line or two
Everybody knows the deal is rotten
Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton
For your ribbons and bows
And everybody knows

I love the lyrics and I think it's a great song, but I can understand why it went early in the context of this game. The rest of the tracks are of an extremely high standard, and I don't think of Everybody Knows as "a Don song" particularly, so I can appreciate why others don't feel as passionately about this one as they do about others.

04-08-2012, 12:39 PM
Troub, I agree with everything you say about Don's version of Everybody Knows. However, as I said before, I do not enjoy Leonard Cohen's version of the song at all - for me, Don's version is superior in every way.

I love the lines "To want what I have, to take what I'm given with grace - for this I pray." It's so true (and so true that I need to pray for it!!) and Don sings that part so beautifully. :inlove:

However the pacing of the song is a little slow, and the melody a little simplistic for me. It's a pretty song, but is it really one of the Very Best of Don's songs? In my opinion, there are many that deserve to be included on the album ahead of this one. I think Goodbye to a River, Month of Sundays, Talking to the Moon, Lilah, and Come Rain or Come Shine are all better than this song.

And I also agree with this part of what you said about For My Wedding, EK. My lsts of other songs that could have been included instead of FMW differs a bit from yours, but if we just pick other songs from the Inside Job album, I would have much preferred Goodbye To a River, They're Not Here, They're Not Coming, or especialy My Thanksgiving instead.

Troubadour
04-08-2012, 01:08 PM
Troub, I agree with everything you say about Don's version of Everybody Knows. However, as I said before, I do not enjoy Leonard Cohen's version of the song at all - for me, Don's version is superior in every way.

I can understand that. Don definitely brings a rocky edge to the song and livens it up a bit. His vocals are a little different, too... I like it!

Henley Honey
04-08-2012, 01:16 PM
I cast my vote for Everything Is Different Now.

It's a nice sentiment, and I realize the creepy sound of the verse is supposed to provide a great contrast to the bright sound of the chorus, an alignment of melody and theme. In many ways, that works. However, the creepiness is still a turn off for me. Additionally, the ending is rather repetitive.

Finally - and I know it's not reflective of the song - but I can't help but remember the horrific video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Fg1lZ4TQXU) when I hear it, and thus associate a headless stripper displaying her crotch to Don when he sings the line "I hate to tell you this, but I'm very, very happy.". :: SHUDDER ::

I love this video, and the message it gives. He doesn't have an epiphany, but rather a gradual recognition of the futility of excess, whether it be booze, drugs, or women. The headless dancer, IMO,simply represents the legions of "faceless" women who were interchangeable and unimportant.

It may have been too gruesome had it been shot in color, but I think the black and white technique helped to convey the "creepiness" of the lifestyle and the resulting redemption from it.

sodascouts
04-08-2012, 03:39 PM
It's a pretty song, but is it really one of the Very Best of Don's songs? In my opinion, there are many that deserve to be included on the album ahead of this one. I think Goodbye to a River, Month of Sundays, Talking to the Moon, Lilah, and Come Rain or Come Shine are all better than this song.

I guess he tended to favor the singles like "For My Wedding" over the more obscure songs like "Talking to the Moon" which, IMHO, is superior to every song on this collection with the exception of "Heart of the Matter."

Freypower
04-08-2012, 07:10 PM
That's why we make our own 'Best Ofs'. Any 'real' Best Of Glenn would not include Sexy Girl, but it was a single, so it's on his compilations. Talking To The Moon, while much loved, was not a single.

Windeagle
04-08-2012, 09:57 PM
I recently listened to Inside Job for the first time in preparation for this Survivor. For My Wedding made me cry and I also liked Everything Is Different Now, so I don't think I'm ready to vote for either one yet.

I'll vote Not Enough Love In The World. It's not a bad song, but it's never been one of my favorites.

whitcap
04-08-2012, 10:33 PM

TimothyBFan
04-09-2012, 08:29 AM

Brooke
04-09-2012, 03:47 PM
I'm going to stick with my first vote and vote for Everything Is Different Now again. That video :shudder: I can't imagine what he was thinking when he made that!

I'm sorry to see EK go so soon. I really like some of the lines too, even though Don didn't write it. And I love the way he sings it.

I think For My Wedding is a very sweet song, but it is next on my list and I agree there are several that could have been on this cd over it.

UK TimFan
04-09-2012, 06:10 PM
There are three songs on this album which I always skip, so I'm going to follow my usual voting practice of voting for them in turn.
Which means that in this round I'm voting for 'The boys of summer'.

Victim of Love
04-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Not Enough Love In The World

I agree with WE...not a bad song but not one of my favorites.

Troubadour
04-09-2012, 07:38 PM
I'm sad to see some votes for Not Enough Love In The World already. I love that song! It's my mum's favourite on the disc. LOL.

sodascouts
04-09-2012, 07:47 PM
I adore that song too, Troub, but it appears we may be in the minority!

Glennsallnighter
04-09-2012, 07:53 PM
I vote for Everything Is Different Now,

04-09-2012, 07:59 PM
I cast my vote for Not Enough Love in the World.

sodascouts
04-09-2012, 08:01 PM
The second song to be eliminated from The Very Best of Don Henley Survivor is Everything is Different Now. “Everything is Different Now”, I know you're not the kind to smile and bow out gracefully, but it's time for you to go. Please leave the island immediately. The rest of the songs may return to camp.

Votes
Everything Is Different Now – 7
For My Wedding – 5
Not Enough Love in the World - 3
Boys of Summer - 1

Vote Breakdown
Everything is Different Now – Maleah
Everything is Different Now – EagleLady
Everything is Different Now - sodascouts
Everything is Different Now - Koala
Everything is Different Now - Troubadour
Everything is Different Now – Brooke
Everything is Different Now - Glennsallnighter
For My Wedding - Freypower
For My Wedding - Tori
For My Wedding - EaglesKiwi
For My Wedding - whitcap
Not Enough Love in the World - Windeagle
Not Enough Love in the World - Victim of Love
Not Enough Love in the World - Ive always been a dreamer
Boys of Summer - UK TimFan

Songs eliminated:
Everybody Knows 4/07

Songs remaining:
Dirty Laundry
The Boys of Summer
Sunset Grill
The End of the Innocence
New York Minute
I Will Not Go Quietly
The Heart of the Matter
For My Wedding
Taking You Home

Voting for Round Three begins now.

Freypower
04-09-2012, 08:17 PM
For My Wedding

04-09-2012, 08:38 PM
I was in a hurry last round and got my vote just in the nick of time so I didn't have time to comment on anything. I would have voted for For My Wedding if my vote would have eliminated it, but since it didn't matter, I voted strategically. I like Not Enough Love In the World, but it's definitely not among my favorites so I thought I'd better look toward the future.

As far as the Everything Is Different Now video, I kind of think it is unnecessarily repugnant. I agree with HH's interpretation of the video, but my biggest problem with it is that it only depicts the bad stuff. I actually think the video could have been quite effective if it had been less gruesome, and given some time to contrasting how things are different now.

EagleLady
04-09-2012, 08:52 PM
I vote For My Wedding

Maleah
04-09-2012, 09:01 PM
My vote goes to For My Wedding

Windeagle
04-09-2012, 09:21 PM

TimothyBFan
04-10-2012, 08:24 AM
I'm another one that really like Not Enough Love In The World. Hope it can be saved this round.

EaglesKiwi
04-10-2012, 08:43 AM
I vote again for For My Wedding.

I didn't get a chance to come on here and defend Everything is Different Now, and despite the video, I do like this song very much. So, even though it has already been eliminated, here are my thoughts:

I really appreciate that this song is Don sharing something very, very personal. It also very neatly addresses any questions the cynical masses may have about how his debauched past might have impacted on his relationship with his wife. The song is a public declaration of his commitment to his marriage - as well as a commentary on the happiness he has found.

And the line "Heaven shot back: "You get the love that you allow!" is brilliant, and so true.

Brooke
04-10-2012, 10:04 AM
OMG, a vote for TBOS? Already? :woah: :headscratch: I just love that song so much! One of my all time Don favorites!

And I really enjoy NELITW, too.

My next vote is for the next one on my list: For My Wedding. A sweet song, but nowhere near the greats.

ETA: I love that line too, EK.

Topkat
04-10-2012, 06:51 PM
voting for "For My Wedding"

Victim of Love
04-10-2012, 07:56 PM
Not Enough Love In The World (again)

Tori
04-10-2012, 08:02 PM
Again, I vote for For My Wedding.

Henley Honey
04-10-2012, 08:03 PM
All She Wants To Do Is Dance (again)

sodascouts
04-10-2012, 11:29 PM
I'm going to throw one out there that hasn't received any votes yet...

I cast my vote for Sunset Grill.

It's good, but it's a bit repetitive.

whitcap
04-11-2012, 12:21 AM
I vote for For My Wedding

04-11-2012, 07:18 PM
Well - it looks as if For My Wedding is going down, which is what I hoped for. Since it doesn't need my vote, I am going to vote strategically again ...

I cast my vote for Not Enough Love In the World.

UK TimFan
04-11-2012, 07:18 PM
I vote for 'Sunset grill'.

04-11-2012, 08:21 PM
The next song to be eliminated from The Very Best of Don Henley Survivor is For My Wedding. “For My Wedding”, I’m sure you will take what you’re given with grace. Now we must part and you must please leave the island immediately.

Votes
For My Wedding – 9
Not Enough Love in the World – 3
Sunset Grill – 2

Vote Breakdown
For My Wedding – Freypower
For My Wedding – EagleLady
For My Wedding – Maleah
For My Wedding – EaglesKiwi
For My Wedding – Brooke
For My Wedding – Topkat
For My Wedding – Tori
For My Wedding – whitcap
Not Enough Love in the World – Windeagle
Not Enough Love in the World – Victim of Love
Not Enough Love in the World – Ive always been a dreamer
Sunset Grill – sodascouts
Sunset Grill –UK Timfan

Songs eliminated:
Everybody Knows 4/07
For My Wedding 4/11

Songs remaining:
Dirty Laundry
The Boys of Summer
Sunset Grill
The End of the Innocence
New York Minute
I Will Not Go Quietly
The Heart of the Matter
Taking You Home

Voting for Round Four begins now.

Windeagle
04-11-2012, 10:07 PM
Darn. I like For My Wedding. Ah well.

I vote once again for Not Enough Love In The World. Maybe third time's the charm.

Freypower
04-11-2012, 10:09 PM
I also vote for Not Enough Love In The World.

sodascouts
04-11-2012, 10:23 PM
Oh, I love NELITW! I especially love the line "I was either standing in your shadow or blocking your light." What a terrific way to describe a power struggle within a relationship. This song is a lot more sophisticated than many give it credit for. It's not as well known and I think it might be suffering for it. I encourage everyone to give it another listen.

See the video here (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1ub6k_don-henley-not-enough-love-in-the-w_music).

I'm torn between voting for "Taking You Home" and "Sunset Grill." Gotta decide!

Tori
04-11-2012, 10:26 PM
I vote for Taking You Home. It's one of the songs I listen to the least on this album. Don't know why. :nahnah:

EaglesKiwi
04-12-2012, 12:10 AM
Taking You Home is exquisite (with a lovely video, including my favourite look for Don! :inlove:).

I'm torn this round between Not Enough Love In The World and Sunset Grill. Off to listen again!

Maleah
04-12-2012, 12:53 AM
Ahhh....I held off slightly to see where everyone else was at. lol Add me to the list that loves Not Enough Love In The World! BUT.....I also love Taking You Home. It has just enough of a bluesy edge that hooks me. So the song that I'm going to cast my vote for is a song that I enjoy, but I wouldn't say that I listen to it very often. It's good, but I get bored with it easily. Therefore....

I cast my vote for Sunset Grill

AzEaglesFan
04-12-2012, 02:37 AM
I vote for Sunset Grill

TimothyBFan
04-12-2012, 07:45 AM
Yay me!!! I was finally one of the crowd when it came to voting a song off!! I really didn't think that FMW would go that fast.

Tho I like this song, it's next on my list and the least favorite of the remaining songs.

I vote for Taking You Home.

EagleLady
04-12-2012, 07:48 AM
I vote for Sunset Grill

GlennLover
04-12-2012, 08:59 AM
I vote Sunset Grill. I never really cared for it, even on F1. I am also surprised that NELITW is getting so many votes. I quite like it.

Victim of Love
04-12-2012, 09:04 AM

This is a tough version of this game....I really like the entire collection. My vote has nothing to do with NOT liking it, rather liking it just a little less than the others.

sodascouts
04-12-2012, 10:02 AM
Ok, I've made my decision.

I cast my vote for Sunset Grill.

Topkat
04-12-2012, 10:33 AM
This round I'm going to have to vote for
"Not Enough Love In the World"

Koala
04-12-2012, 11:49 AM
I cast my vote for Sunset Grill!

Glennsallnighter
04-13-2012, 03:04 AM

This is a tough version of this game....I really like the entire collection. My vote has nothing to do with NOT liking it, rather liking it just a little less than the others.

That's how I often feel about all these survivors VOL. it's not that you don't like a song, it's just that if you rank the songs in order of preference one will have to come last. But you can still love it! And even your mood can dictate what songs you like more or less on any particular day.

EaglesKiwi
04-13-2012, 05:35 AM
I vote for Sunset Grill

whitcap
04-13-2012, 07:59 AM
I vote for Sunset Grill.

Henleyfan
04-13-2012, 08:49 AM
Sorry for joining the game late.... My vote is for Sunset Grill

Brooke
04-13-2012, 10:51 AM

04-13-2012, 07:36 PM
Well – it looks as if Sunset Grill will be going down this time. I guess I have a sentimental attachment to the song since I have actually visited and ate at The Sunset Grill in L.A. that Don wrote this song about. I also love the lyrics of the song. And as far as Taking You Home – I just absolutely adore that song. As most of you probably know, it was written when Don brought his newborn daughter home from the hospital, but I think it’s become a very popular wedding song as well. For me, it is the best song on the Inside Job album by far. So I will continue to vote for my least favorite of all the remaining songs. As others have said, it’s not that the song is bad, it’s just that I don’t consider it among the best in this game – so, therefore …

I cast my vote for Not Enough Love In the World.

Topkat
04-13-2012, 07:50 PM
I'm pretty surprised at all the votes for Sunset Grill. I love that song.
I never seem to be in the majority in this game :worried:

sodascouts
04-13-2012, 08:10 PM
The next song to be eliminated from The Very Best of Don Henley Survivor is Sunset Grill. “Sunset Grill”, time to get in that car and get outta here. Please leave the island immediately. The rest of the songs may return to camp.

Votes
Sunset Grill - 9
Not Enough Love in the World – 5
Taking You Home - 3

Vote Breakdown
Sunset Grill - Maleah
Sunset Grill - AzEaglesFan
Sunset Grill - EagleLady
Sunset Grill - GlennLover
Sunset Grill - sodascouts
Sunset Grill - Koala
Sunset Grill - EaglesKiwi
Sunset Grill - whitcap
Sunset Grill - Henleyfan
Not Enough Love in the World - Freypower
Not Enough Love in the World - Topkat
Not Enough Love in the World – Ive always been a dreamer
Taking You Home - Tori
Taking You Home - TimothyBFan
Taking You Home - Brooke

Songs eliminated:
Everybody Knows 4/07
For My Wedding 4/11
Sunset Grill 4/13

Songs remaining:
Dirty Laundry
The Boys of Summer
The End of the Innocence
New York Minute
I Will Not Go Quietly
The Heart of the Matter
Taking You Home

Voting for Round Five begins now.

Victim of Love
04-13-2012, 08:32 PM
Okay, I'm going to try again... Not Enough Love in the World

sodascouts
04-13-2012, 08:39 PM
As for me....

I cast my vote for Taking You Home.

It's very sweet and I definitely like it, but I think it's the least memorable of the ones that are left. While I can easily recall the lovely choruses and the bridge, I'd be hard-pressed to remember the entirety of the verses' lyrics.

TimothyBFan
04-13-2012, 08:43 PM
Once again, I vote for Taking You Home.

Freypower
04-13-2012, 08:47 PM
I am torn here between TYH, which I have never liked much (sorry Dreamer) or NELITW, which is from my least favourite of Don's albums & has never done anything for me. The sentiment of TYH is hard to argue with even if I don't particularly like the song. So I again vote for Not Enough Love In The World.

Windeagle
04-13-2012, 10:04 PM
Oh man! Not Sunset Grill! I have a sentimental attachment to that one ever since I saw it in concert in 1985. Boston Common on a hot August night and Don did an EXTREMELY hot tango with a dancer during the brass part at the end. Needless to say, I've never heard the song the same way since. :smokin:

Oh well. One more time - Not Enough Love In The World.

04-13-2012, 10:59 PM
Well since this may be a close round between Taking You Home and Not Enough Love in the World, I thought I would try to make a case for why I think Taking You Home should be saved. First of all, I love the beautiful melody and lyrics. Then, Don's passionate vocals are among some of his best ever as far as the way he delivers this song. I love the way the song builds in intensity towards the end and when he comes to a full stop and then sings “I’m taking you home”, I almost lose it. I mean the man is feeling this song - he emotes sheer and utter magnificence!

As far as Not Enough Love In the World, I have listened to it many times, but it hasn't grown on me any more. I like the song, but I don't love it. I really don’t care for the falsetto in the bridge, and I'm not particularly fond of the cadence of the verses either. Although I do like the chorus and the lines “I was either standing in your shadow or blocking your light”, there isn't anything particularly extraordinary about the other lyrics in the song, IMHO.

Tori
04-14-2012, 12:14 AM
Once again, I vote for Taking You Home.

Maleah
04-14-2012, 12:53 AM
Dreamer I completely agree on TYH!! I love both songs, but since this round is obviously going to be between the two of them.....

I cast my vote for Not Enough Love In The World

EaglesKiwi
04-14-2012, 05:05 AM
I like these lyrics too:

And sometimes it's so hard to smile
For the world, for the camera
And still have something left

You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody
Just take good care of yourself

However it's still the least-favourite of the remaining songs, so I'm voting for Not Enough Love In The World.

Glennsallnighter
04-14-2012, 08:07 AM
Well I must say I like Takin You Home a lot and I get to hear it on the radio here too thanks to it being a popular drive time song. I love Don in it. He is very passionate. So for that reason I will vote off 'Not Enough Love in The World'.

Koala
04-14-2012, 09:22 AM
I cast my vote for Not Enough Love In The World

Henleyfan
04-14-2012, 09:31 AM
wow, this is hard... I love all the songs on this album. I will be sad to see either TYH or NELITW go, but I think one of them will.... but my vote this round goes to I Will Not Go Quietly

Sorry, but that is one of my least favorite songs on this album.

Brooke
04-14-2012, 09:42 AM
I guess I have a sentimental attachment to the song since I have actually visited and ate at The Sunset Grill in L.A. that Don wrote this song about.

I so envy you getting to do that Dreamer! When I take my Eagles Trip, that will be a part of it, for sure! And I couldn't vote for SG so soon either, it's such a classic even though I find myself tiring of it.

Oh man! Not Sunset Grill! I have a sentimental attachment to that one ever since I saw it in concert in 1985. Boston Common on a hot August night and Don did an EXTREMELY hot tango with a dancer during the brass part at the end. Needless to say, I've never heard the song the same way since. :smokin:

Can you imagine Don doing the tango?! How cool! What a memory!

As for this round, I vote for Taking You Home. Again. Great song, I just like the more popular ones better.

Topkat
04-14-2012, 09:42 AM
Voting again for
Not Enough Love In the World

sodascouts
04-14-2012, 12:40 PM
Can you imagine Don doing the tango?! How cool! What a memory!

I remember him doing a waltz with Stevie Nicks in 2005. That dance is not exactly known for being sexy but he made it hot by the way he held her and looked at her as he moved with her. 20 years later and he could still work the dancing so well that every woman in the place wanted to be his partner.... Myself among them. Hot indeed. You go, Don!

Henley Honey
04-14-2012, 07:30 PM
My vote remains the same -- All She Wants To Do Is Dance.

GlennLover
04-14-2012, 11:16 PM
I vote I Will Not Go Quietly.

whitcap
04-15-2012, 10:44 AM

Troubadour
04-15-2012, 05:14 PM

UK TimFan
04-15-2012, 07:59 PM
I vote for 'The boys of summer'.

04-15-2012, 07:59 PM
Well I'm guessing that NELITW is going down without my vote this time. Therefore, I will vote strategically again ...

I cast my vote for I Will Not Go Quietly.

sodascouts
04-15-2012, 08:10 PM
The next song to be eliminated from The Very Best of Don Henley Survivor is Not Enough Love in the World. “Not Enough Love in the World”, it makes me so sad, but it's time for you to go. Please leave the island immediately. The rest of the songs may return to camp.

Votes
Not Enough Love in the World – 8
Taking You Home - 6
I Will Not Go Quietly - 3
All She Wants to Do Is Dance - 1
Boys of Summer - 1

Vote Breakdown
Not Enough Love in the World - Freypower
Not Enough Love in the World - Maleah
Not Enough Love in the World - EaglesKiwi
Not Enough Love in the World - Glennsallnighter
Not Enough Love in the World - Koala
Not Enough Love in the World - Topkat
Taking You Home - sodascouts
Taking You Home - TimothyBFan
Taking You Home - Tori
Taking You Home - Brooke
Taking You Home - whitcap
Taking You Home - Troubadour
I Will Not Go Quietly - Henleyfan
I Will Not Go Quietly - GlennLover
I Will Not Go Quietly - Ive always been a dreamer
All She Wants to Do Is Dance - HenleyHoney
The Boys of Summer - UK TimFan

Songs eliminated:
Everybody Knows 4/07
For My Wedding 4/11
Sunset Grill 4/13

Songs remaining:
Dirty Laundry
The Boys of Summer
The End of the Innocence
New York Minute
I Will Not Go Quietly
The Heart of the Matter
Taking You Home

Voting for Round Six begins now.

Troubadour
04-15-2012, 08:22 PM
I will vote again for Taking You Home. A lovely song, but just my least favourite from the remaining tracks (though I couldn't pick an order if I tried!) The next few rounds are going to be incredible difficult.

Windeagle
04-15-2012, 09:52 PM
I'll vote for the Last Worthless Evening this time. Again, it's not a bad song, just my least favorite of the ones remaining.

Freypower
04-15-2012, 10:06 PM
Taking You Home

Koala
04-16-2012, 12:01 AM
I cast my vote for Taking You Home!

TimothyBFan
04-16-2012, 07:47 AM
Taking You Home

prayfordaylight
04-16-2012, 08:17 AM
Taking You Home.

Brooke
04-16-2012, 09:52 AM
Taking You Home-please!

I am shocked that it has lasted over Sunset Grill. Shows what I know about it!

Topkat
04-16-2012, 09:59 AM
TAKING YOU HOME.......Yes, please, how did this song outlast Sunset Grill???

Victim of Love
04-16-2012, 11:27 AM
In the real world I would vote for I Will Not Go Quietly for elimination this round but I can already see where it's going so I'll throw my vote in with the others so as not to feel my vote is wasted....Taking You Home.

sodascouts
04-16-2012, 11:50 AM
VOL - if there's a tie, we count past votes to break it. Thus, your non-majority vote might actually be useful after all if such a tie should occur between another song and IWNGQ. That's what Dreamer means when she says she is "voting strategically."

In that spirit...

EagleLady
04-16-2012, 12:17 PM
I vote for Taking You Home

Tori
04-16-2012, 05:15 PM
My vote, again, goes to Taking You Home.

Topkat
04-16-2012, 05:25 PM
VOL - if there's a tie, we count past votes to break it. Thus, your non-majority vote might actually be useful after all if such a tie should occur between another song and IWNGQ. That's what Dreamer means when she says she is "voting strategically."

In that spirit...

I can't really see a strategic vote doing much good at this stage of the game. There are just too many great songs left. A strategic vote towards the end may make sense to try to save another song, but it probably won't help a song win, only to move up one round.:doh:

GlennLover
04-16-2012, 09:26 PM
I vote I will Not Go Quietly.

Maleah
04-16-2012, 11:41 PM
I vote for I Will Not Go Quietly

whitcap
04-17-2012, 12:49 AM

AzEaglesFan
04-17-2012, 01:47 AM
I vote for I Will Not Go Quietly

SteveJoburg
04-17-2012, 02:19 AM
This is really cool...

I vote I Will Not Go Quietly...

A few weeks ago I created a 1 CD compilation to listen to in the car of my favourite Henley vocals, from The Very Best Of and Complete Eagles... So the outcome of this will be very interesting to me.

EaglesKiwi
04-17-2012, 06:33 AM
I vote for I Will Not Go Quietly.

It has one tiny moment that kind of bugs me... after the "pull you, pull you, pull you right up close to me" :heybaby: (all good so far!) he says "Yeah" in a way that just sounds - self satisfied? a bit too pleased with himself?

Oh well, I'm sure it's just me. Anyway, it's my least favourite of the remaining songs and I don't have any personal memories/attachment to it.

sodascouts
04-17-2012, 04:03 PM
Hey everybody - just wanted to announce that tonight's results will be posted about two hours or so late. I'll be at work and Dreamer will also be away. Thanks for your patience!

Freypower
04-17-2012, 05:38 PM

It has one tiny moment that kind of bugs me... after the "pull you, pull you, pull you right up close to me" :heybaby: (all good so far!) he says "Yeah" in a way that just sounds - self satisfied? a bit too pleased with himself?

Oh well, I'm sure it's just me. Anyway, it's my least favourite of the remaining songs and I don't have any personal memories/attachment to it.

It isn't just you. This is my opinion only; but to me it's one of Don's 'trying too hard' songs. The only part of it I really like these days is the 'who do you think I think I am' part.

Victim of Love
04-17-2012, 05:39 PM
Just a footnote....the two songs I mentioned were the two I was considering anyway. Strategtic or not, we'll soon know the results but it's going to get increasingly more difficult for me to pick from here on.

04-17-2012, 06:37 PM
I am popping in to vote and, as Soda said, whichever of us gets free first this evening will post the results for this round.

Topkat
04-17-2012, 06:39 PM
I have a feeling it's going to get ugly pretty soon with all of Don's best of the best coming up on the chopping block. I'm sure many of us have a lot of emotion tied to many of these songs. I can't even think how to put them in order yet.

UK TimFan
04-17-2012, 07:52 PM

04-17-2012, 08:52 PM
The next song to be eliminated from The Very Best of Don Henley Survivor is Taking You Home. “Taking You Home”, I’m sure you had a good life before this game, but we won't be taking you home. You must please leave the island immediately.

Votes
Taking You Home – 10
I Will Not Go Quietly – 6
The Last Worthless Evening – 1
The Boys of Summer – 1

Vote Breakdown
Taking You Home – Troubadour
Taking You Home – Freypower
Taking You Home – Koala
Taking You Home – TimothyBFan
Taking You Home – Brooke
Taking You Home – Victim of Love
Taking You Home – Topkat
Taking You Home – EagleLady
Taking You Home – Tori
Taking You Home – whitcap
I Will Not Go Quietly – sodascouts
I Will Not Go Quietly – GlennLover
I Will Not Go Quietly – Maleah
I Will Not Go Quietly – AzEaglesFan
I Will Not Go Quietly – EaglesKiwi
I Will Not Go Quietly – Ive always been a dreamer
The Last Worthless Evening – Windeagle
The Boys of Summer – UK Timfan

Songs eliminated:
Everybody Knows 4/07
For My Wedding 4/11
Sunset Grill 4/13
Taking You Home 4/17

Songs remaining:
Dirty Laundry
The Boys of Summer
The End of the Innocence
New York Minute
I Will Not Go Quietly
The Heart of the Matter

Voting for Round Seven begins now.

04-17-2012, 08:59 PM
Just wanted to mention that there were a couple of votes last round by some of our newer members that I did not count. The reason is that we ask that anyone who votes in the game be a member of the board in good standing for three weeks. To those whose votes I didn't count, please feel free to participate in the discussion of the game and as soon as you have been a member for three full weeks, feel free to begin voting. Thanks!

Freypower
04-17-2012, 10:18 PM

Koala
04-18-2012, 12:40 AM

eaglesvet
04-18-2012, 12:48 AM
I'm just checkin' in, and see I've missed quite a game!! But, it's never too late to join in on the fun, I imagine...so I cast my vote for
I Will Not Go Quietly.

SteveJoburg
04-18-2012, 01:23 AM
Just wanted to mention that there were a couple of votes last round by some of our newer members that I did not count. The reason is that we ask that anyone who votes in the game be a member of the board in good standing for three weeks. To those whose votes I didn't count, please feel free to participate in the discussion of the game and as soon as you have been a member for three full weeks, feel free to begin voting. Thanks!

Oops... Sorry...:doh:

sodascouts
04-18-2012, 01:40 AM
Oops... Sorry...:doh:

Aw, you can play next time - and I hope you do! We do these regularly. Your timing was just a bit off for this one. And hey, you can still give your opinion - it just won't get counted as a vote.

We had to put that rule into place because in the past, we've actually had people register new fake user accounts just so they could vote more than once.

I wish I were kidding.

EaglesKiwi
04-18-2012, 04:41 AM
I'm voting for I Will Not Go Quietly. Again.

And FP - glad I'm not the only one!

TimothyBFan
04-18-2012, 08:20 AM
I actually have 2 songs that I could of voted for this round that are about equal. But because Axl has ticked me off this past couple weeks, I'm voting for I Will Not Go Quietly. That'll teach him!! :laugh:

sodascouts
04-18-2012, 10:30 AM
That's right - I forgot about his backing vocals on this.

This one's for you, Axl!

Victim of Love
04-18-2012, 10:33 AM
I Will Not Go Quietly

Henleyfan
04-18-2012, 10:37 AM
i am sad that Taking you Home was cut last time, but there are so many great songs on this album they all have to go at some point (except for one...).

My vote this round is I will not go Quietly

SteveJoburg
04-18-2012, 11:12 AM
Aw, you can play next time - and I hope you do! We do these regularly. Your timing was just a bit off for this one. And hey, you can still give your opinion - it just won't get counted as a vote.

We had to put that rule into place because in the past, we've actually had people register new fake user accounts just so they could vote more than once.

I wish I were kidding.

No worries, I will add my ten cents worth but not vote just yet... But I will count down the days...!

GlennLover
04-18-2012, 11:34 AM
My vote goes to I Will Not Go Quietly again.

Windeagle
04-18-2012, 12:03 PM

Henley Honey
04-18-2012, 12:22 PM
Still: All She Wants To Do Is Dance

Troubadour
04-18-2012, 01:32 PM
I vote for I Will Not Go Quietly. It is with regret though, because I love how this song rocks! Don sounds pretty sexy on it and it has that harder edge that he was aiming for... It's a little different, and I like it. I remember being really excited when he sang it the first time I saw him solo at Downstream.

Maleah
04-18-2012, 03:16 PM
I vote for New York Minute

Only because it looks like IWNGQ is going down without my help, and NYM is the one I listen to the least of the others

BBKron
04-18-2012, 03:57 PM
OK, I haven't played this game so far. I just wasn't around for the first couple rounds, then just read what people had to say without joining in (maybe because I was not as familiar with a few of the songs on this collection). But now, I feel I need to chime in, as more good songs get eliminated, and (at least to me), an obvious clunker remains unscathed.

I can't believe Dirty Laundry has not gotten a single vote for elimination yet. Although I am not surprised it is still around (after all, it was a 'hit'), it is surprising that no one has yet said it is one of their least favorite Henley songs. Well, here I am now, and I don't like Dirty Laundry, never have. I think it is one of the worst songs Henley has ever written/recorded. I find it irritating and annoying to listen to (and don't know why it is still included in the Eagles concert sets!). Now, don't get me wrong, I generally really like Don's solo efforts, I like all of his albums, and there is much great stuff there (many, but far from all, of his best stuff is included in this survivor challenge). But Dirty laundry is just a drag.

To me, the music and melody are tedious and uninspired, and the lyrics are just Don being petty, whiny, and vindictive. Aw, the press didn't treat him fairly, so bite back with this vitriolic tripe. Sorry, to those that enjoy the song, but this shows the worst side of Don. Overall, I think Don and his music are great, but not this song.

So, anyway, not that it will have any effect on the outcome for this and future rounds, but I wanted to voice my opinion.

I vote for Dirty Laundry.

Tori
04-18-2012, 03:57 PM

whitcap
04-18-2012, 04:22 PM
I vote for New York Minute.

Freypower
04-18-2012, 06:05 PM
OK, I haven't played this game so far. I just wasn't around for the first couple rounds, then just read what people had to say without joining in (maybe because I was not as familiar with a few of the songs on this collection). But now, I feel I need to chime in, as more good songs get eliminated, and (at least to me), an obvious clunker remains unscathed.

I can't believe Dirty Laundry has not gotten a single vote for elimination yet. Although I am not surprised it is still around (after all, it was a 'hit'), it is surprising that no one has yet said it is one of their least favorite Henley songs. Well, here I am now, and I don't like Dirty Laundry, never have. I think it is one of the worst songs Henley has ever written/recorded. I find it irritating and annoying to listen to (and don't know why it is still included in the Eagles concert sets!). Now, don't get me wrong, I generally really like Don's solo efforts, I like all of his albums, and there is much great stuff there (many, but far from all, of his best stuff is included in this survivor challenge). But Dirty laundry is just a drag.

To me, the music and melody are tedious and uninspired, and the lyrics are just Don being petty, whiny, and vindictive. Aw, the press didn't treat him fairly, so bite back with this vitriolic tripe. Sorry, to those that enjoy the song, but this shows the worst side of Don. Overall, I think Don and his music are great, but not this song.

So, anyway, not that it will have any effect on the outcome for this and future rounds, but I wanted to voice my opinion.

I vote for Dirty Laundry.

Regardless of the reasons why Dirty Laundry was written, the message remains true today. It has become even more timely since the News International phone hacking scandal.

The song which is actually more related to the events to which I presume you refer is Nobody's Business. I don't consider DL to be a personal vendetta in the way that song is; I see it as a generalised critique of the media.

sodascouts
04-18-2012, 06:14 PM

My opinion of Dirty Laundry isn't as low as yours, certainly, but I can see where you're coming from. It's definitely not my favorite - nor even in my top 5 - but I do think it's superior to the ones that have been eliminated with the exception of Not Enough Love in the World.

While I get the "petty, whiny, and vindictive" criticism, there are still some points that hit home with tabloid journalism. Lines like "It's interesting when people die" are very true; it wasn't until the 1989 massacres in Beijing that the news covered Chinese human rights issues, for instance. Foreign politics are too "dull" for the news unless there are deaths attached - the more massive the scale, the more "newsworthy" it is.

Don's motives may have been resentment over personal treatment, but many of his statements ring true.

It's played in concert because, say what you will, the song has an energy to it that gets people moving. The first time I saw Don Henley back in 2005, it was the first song in the set that I saw people physically getting into rather than just sitting back and enjoying quietly.

Plus, the Eagles have to get their money's worth out of that video montage they have going in the background during the song. :lol:

Topkat
04-18-2012, 10:57 PM
voting for

TimothyBFan
04-19-2012, 07:51 AM
Regardless of the reasons why Dirty Laundry was written, the message remains true today.

I see it as a generalised critique of the media.

I couldn't agree more here. The media thrives on controversy and the more controversial or devastating the news, the better.

I personally really like the song. It's another one of Don's that states the truth and he can get away with it. Lines like, "people love it when you lose", "it's interesting when people die", "we all know crap is king", etc.... ring so true. Everyone can deny it but that is what gets people's attention.

Besides, it's a FUN little tune. Gotta love when Glenn & Timothy do their little pointy thing when they sing "kick 'em when their up, kick 'em when their down". :hilarious:

But this is JMO, so.......

BBKron
04-19-2012, 11:28 AM
Regardless of the reasons why Dirty Laundry was written, the message remains true today.

I see it as a generalised critique of the media.

Oh, I don't have any problem with the overall 'message' of the song, taking shots at the level and types of 'journalism' practiced, particularly in the tabloids. I am certainly not standing up for them at all, and agree with many of the 'shots' taken.

The problem is the song itself, which is just not good, and the way that the lyrics are constructed and presented just does not come across well, that is, as a serious critique of journalistic ethics, it just sounds, well, 'petty, whiny. and vindictive'. I certainly don't see it as a 'fun little tune'. To me, it is just annoying, and doesn't deserve to be among these other classic tracks

04-19-2012, 12:50 PM
The problem is the song itself, which is just not good, and the way that the lyrics are constructed and presented just does not come across well, that is, as a serious critique of journalistic ethics, it just sounds, well, 'petty, whiny. and vindictive'. I certainly don't see it as a 'fun little tune'. To me, it is just annoying, and doesn't deserve to be among these other classic tracks

Well BBKron - as we always say - to each their own. Of course, I'm one who doesn't think there is any such thing as a bad Eagles/solo song. :wink: However, I couldn't disagree with you more about Dirty Laundry. I love the song and think it is very catchy, well-crafted, and pleasing to my ears. I think some of Don's songs can come across as "preachy", but this is certainly not one of them. To me, the upbeat, catchy delivery helps soften the scathing lyrics so that it doesn't come across as a rant. I believe the song will finish in the top five in this game, and deservedly so.

Now, I was just thinking last night how much agreement about the songs there seems to be in this game so far. Most of the rounds have been pretty much uncontested. I wonder if that's about to change as we get into the more popular tracks. Anyway, I'm going to vote strategically again just to kind of 'even' the score in the event of future ties ...

I cast my vote for The Heart of the Matter.

Brooke
04-19-2012, 01:31 PM
dreamer, what in the world are you thinking! :fingerwag: lol

BBK, I really love DL, but I was thinking about voting for it before you posted and now I guess I'll go ahead. It's a great song at the concerts though, lots of fun. And I also think it's very relevant today as it was when it first came out.

I cast my vote for Dirty Laundry. It's actually in the top 3 of my list, but I think it needs another vote to even things up. :shrug:

04-19-2012, 01:46 PM
It's all about the strategy, Brooke. lol

And besides, I had to pay you back somehow for all of your dissing of Taking You Home. :wink:

sodascouts
04-19-2012, 02:00 PM
HOTM?! Looks like Dreamer and I are going to be on opposite sides of the fence for this Survivor!

Maleah
04-19-2012, 05:23 PM
Gasp! Dreamer! We can't be friends anymore! :D

UK TimFan
04-19-2012, 06:06 PM
I'll remain consistent, and vote for 'The boys of summer'.

sodascouts
04-19-2012, 08:09 PM
The next song to be eliminated from The Very Best of Don Henley Survivor is I Will Not Go Quietly. “I Will Not Go Quietly”, make all the noise you like, but it's time for you to go. Please leave the island immediately. All the other songs may return to camp.

Votes
I Will Not Go Quietly – 11
The Last Worthless Evening – 2
New York Minute -2
Dirty Laundry -2
All She Wants to Do Is Dance - 1
The Heart of the Matter - 1
The Boys of Summer – 1

Vote Breakdown
I Will Not Go Quietly - Freypower
I Will Not Go Quietly - Koala
I Will Not Go Quietly - eaglesvet
I Will Not Go Quietly – EaglesKiwi
I Will Not Go Quietly - TimothyBFan
I Will Not Go Quietly – sodascouts
I Will Not Go Quietly - Victim of Love
I Will Not Go Quietly - Henleyfan
I Will Not Go Quietly – GlennLover
I Will Not Go Quietly - Troubadour
I Will Not Go Quietly - Tori
The Last Worthless Evening - Topkat
New York Minute - Maleah
New York Minute - whitcap
Dirty Laundry - BB Kron
Dirty Laundry - Brooke
All She Wants to Do Is Dance - Henley Honey
The Heart of the Matter - Ive always been a dreamer
The Boys of Summer – UK Timfan

Songs eliminated:
Everybody Knows 4/07
For My Wedding 4/11
Sunset Grill 4/13
Taking You Home 4/17

Songs remaining:
Dirty Laundry
The Boys of Summer
The End of the Innocence
New York Minute
The Heart of the Matter

Voting for Round Eight begins now.

Freypower
04-19-2012, 08:23 PM
New York Minute

Maleah
04-19-2012, 08:30 PM
New York Minute gets my vote as well

Tori
04-19-2012, 09:43 PM
My vote goes to The Last Worthless Evening.

whitcap
04-19-2012, 10:10 PM
I vote for New York Minute.

Victim of Love
04-19-2012, 10:26 PM

AzEaglesFan
04-20-2012, 01:59 AM

EaglesKiwi
04-20-2012, 04:32 AM
NO!! Not New York Minute! That's the song that started it all for me... :inlove:

Admittedly, it was the HFO version, and it does sound much better with Eagles harmonies on it. But STILL.

SteveJoburg
04-20-2012, 06:47 AM
NO!! Not New York Minute! That's the song that started it all for me... :inlove:

Admittedly, it was the HFO version, and it does sound much better with Eagles harmonies on it. But STILL.

100%

TimothyBFan
04-20-2012, 07:08 AM
I certainly don't see it as a 'fun little tune'. To me, it is just annoying, and doesn't deserve to be among these other classic tracks

Again, to each their own and when I used the phrase "fun little tune" in my last post, I truly meant it.

I think you sum it up well here, Dreamer....

I've always been a dreamer]I couldn't disagree with you more about Dirty Laundry. I love the song and think it is very catchy, well-crafted, and pleasing to my ears. I think some of Don's songs can come across as "preachy", but this is certainly not one of them. To me, the upbeat, catchy delivery helps soften the scathing lyrics so that it doesn't come across as a rant. I believe the song will finish in the top five in this game, and deservedly so.

It seems as if most of us feel that way.

TimothyBFan
04-20-2012, 07:12 AM
Got so hell bent on trying to make my point in the above post, I forgot to put what I was voting for. :hilarious:

I put the last 7 songs on pieces of paper and threw them in a hat and this is the one I drew out (just kidding, but I might as well do it that way because I'm getting to the point where I don't know what to vote off because the rest are all favorite!).

I vote for The Last Worthless Evening.

sodascouts
04-20-2012, 08:46 AM
NYM is a good song and it has a meaningful message. However, it is kind of depressing, especially the part about the guy committing suicide by throwing himself in front of a train. For me right now, it's between that and DL.

Topkat
04-20-2012, 08:51 AM
I love New York Minute, from the haunting bassline to the message of the lyrics, it's a beautiful song. Reminds us to appreciate every minute because life is precious and you never know what will happen.....
PLEASE.....It's too soon for this beautiful song to go.

GlennLover
04-20-2012, 10:07 AM
I vote End of The Innocence. The song just doesn't do anything for me. I find the piano annoying. I don't know why because I usually like piano. :shrug:

Brooke
04-20-2012, 10:10 AM
I put the last 7 songs on pieces of paper and threw them in a hat and this is the one I drew out (just kidding, but I might as well do it that way because I'm getting to the point where I don't know what to vote off because the rest are all favorite!).

I'm pretty much to that point too TBF. Now it is really hard to pick what should be next. My top three are fixed, but the rest.......:hmm:

Windeagle
04-20-2012, 10:21 AM
I rather like New York Minute, so I'll stick with my previous vote of The Last Worthless Evening.

BBKron
04-20-2012, 12:53 PM
Yikes! There's no way I could vote for either New York Minute or Last Worthless Evening at this point in the competition, although it certainly looks like one will go down this round.

Again, although obviously few share my dislike of DL, I have to vote for what is, to me at least, the weakest song here, which is Dirty Laundry.

So, I vote to eliminate Dirty Laundry.

Glennsallnighter
04-20-2012, 01:23 PM
Well looking at the songs that are left (and apologies for missing a few rounds) quite simply put I vote for 'Last Worthless Evening', because of what's left I'm less familiar with it and I prefer the other songs. The next few rounds are going to be very interesting, and tight!

TimothyBFan
04-20-2012, 01:37 PM
I vote End of The Innocence. The song just doesn't do anything for me. I find the piano annoying. I don't know why because I usually like piano. :shrug:

But... but....but that's Bruce Hornsby!!!! I love him!!! :worried:

GlennLover
04-20-2012, 01:55 PM
But... but....but that's Bruce Hornsby!!!! I love him!!! :worried:

I know. Sorry, Willie! :sad: I like Bruce Hornsby too! I just don't like the piano part in this song. I thought maybe I should have put the "ducking & running" comment in my post. ;)

Topkat
04-20-2012, 02:01 PM
NOOOOO, Votes for The End of the Innocence?????...This can't be! I knew this game was going to get tough, but I'm so confused right now. I don't know what to vote for....:confused:

Brooke
04-20-2012, 02:34 PM
I'm going back to my list and voting for The Last Worthless Evening.

After this it's gonna get messy!

Maleah
04-20-2012, 03:02 PM
Don't get me wrong in my vote for New York Minute, I love the song! I just don't listen to it nearly as much as the others. To me (note, I said to ME! lol), NYM and Sunset Grill are two of his songs that sound the most dated musically. All She Wants To Do Is Dance does too, but I love that one more. ;)

prayfordaylight
04-20-2012, 03:31 PM
I think I'm at 3 weeks now so I'm voting for New York Minute.

Topkat
04-20-2012, 07:07 PM
Voting for

eaglesvet
04-20-2012, 07:14 PM
I'm having a tough time deciding between DL and All She Wants to Do is Dance...I think it'll be the second, ASWTDID. All of the others I like sooo much more!

Henleyfan
04-20-2012, 07:31 PM
This is so hard now.... I vote for New York Minute.

04-21-2012, 12:18 PM
Well - it looks like each of the remaining rounds could be a bit more hotly contested than some of the previous rounds. Right now, if I counted correctly, New York Minute has one more vote than The Last Worthless Evening. I love NYM, but it is probably the right time for it to go in this game, IMO. TLWE may not have made much of an impression on the gorgeous blonde actress who it was written for, but, personally, every time I hear it, my heart just melts. It is just uber hot to me. However, I'm going to wait until a little later to vote because there are still quite a few folks who have played in previous rounds who haven't voted yet.

sodascouts
04-21-2012, 01:14 PM
Alright, I've decided.

I cast my vote for New York Minute.

Henley Honey
04-21-2012, 01:43 PM
All She Wants To Do Is Dance . . . . again.

EaglesKiwi
04-21-2012, 05:49 PM
I can't vote for NYM, even though the Eagles version is superior to the solo version on Very Best Of. I can't vote for Dirty Laundry because when I (finally) saw the Eagles in concert, that song ROCKED and I got up & danced in the aisle. I can't vote for All She Wants To Do Is Dance because I have priceless memories of my 6 year old daughter and her best friend - complete with fairy dresses - dancing to that on our coffee tables. I absolutely love Last Worthless Evening - that song turns me into a big puddle of goo. Heart of the Matter is my choice for winner. End of the Innocence - I think we can all guess what I'm thinking of when that's being played! Boys of Summer - beautiful.

This game is HARD!!!

I'm going to try voting strategically - for Boys of Summer. Of course I don't want the song to go, and there's no chance it will in this round, but if it comes down to a tiebreaker between that and Heart of the Matter... well I want my choice to win!

04-21-2012, 07:57 PM
Well since it appears that New York Minute will go down this round, I'll go ahead and vote strategically again ...

04-21-2012, 08:19 PM
The next song to be eliminated from The Very Best of Don Henley Survivor is TNew York Minute. “New York Minute”, amazing how quickly everything can change, huh? You won’t be going to Wall Street in the morning. You must please leave the island immediately.

Votes
New York Minute – 8
The Last Worthless Evening – 6
All She Wants To Do Is Dance – 2
The End of the Innocence – 1
Dirty Laundry – 1
The Boys of Summer – 1
The Heart of the Matter – 1

Vote Breakdown
New York Minute – Freypower
New York Minute – Maleah
New York Minute – whitcap
New York Minute – Victim of Love
New York Minute – AzEaglesFan
New York Minute – prayfordaylight
New York Minute – Henleyfan
New York Minute – sodascouts
The Last Worthless Evening – Tori
The Last Worthless Evening – TimothyBFan
The Last Worthless Evening – Glennsallnighter
The Last Worthless Evening – Brooke
The Last Worthless Evening – Topkat
All She Wants To Do Is Dance – eaglesvet
The End of the Innocence – GlennLover
Dirty Laundry – BBKron
The Boys of Summer – EaglesKiwi
The Heart of the Matter – Ive always been a dreamer

Songs eliminated:
Everybody Knows 4/07
For My Wedding 4/11
Sunset Grill 4/13
Taking You Home 4/17
New York Minute 4/21

Songs remaining:
Dirty Laundry
The Boys of Summer
The End of the Innocence
The Heart of the Matter

Voting for Round Nine begins now.

whitcap
04-21-2012, 09:18 PM
I vote for The Boys of Summer.

Freypower
04-21-2012, 09:53 PM
All She Wants To Do Is Dance

Windeagle
04-21-2012, 10:39 PM
All my favorites are going down!

Once again - The Last Worthless Evening.

Tori
04-21-2012, 11:32 PM
Again, my vote goes to The Last Worthless Evening.

sodascouts
04-21-2012, 11:55 PM
I adore The Last Worthless Evening! It's so romantic and beautiful. I love the way he sings, "Give me chance to show you how to love again." Siiiigh.

I also enjoy "All She Wants to Do Is Dance" and laugh every time I hear the lines "They say 'Don't come back here Yankee!' But if I ever do... I'll bring more money!" lol! However, I think it's a bit more dated with the synth and all, and its cynicism warms the heart far less!

I urge others who want to save The Last Worthless Evening to join me in a coalition by block-voting for All She Wants To Do Is Dance.

SAVE THE LAST WORTHLESS EVENING!
VOTE FOR ALL SHE WANTS TO DO IS DANCE!

I'll start things off:

I cast my vote for All She Wants to Do Is Dance.

Koala
04-22-2012, 12:53 AM
I cast my vote for All She Wants to Do Is Dance.

Maleah
04-22-2012, 02:26 AM
I DEFINITELY vote for All She Wants To Do Is Dance!

As I said before, ASWTDID is one of his more dated songs. I just don't think it could beat the passion Don sings The Last Worthless Evening with. I also like the range of Don's voice that TLWE shows. The first time I heard it, I almost didn't recognize that it was Don singing the lower parts as well. One of my all-time favorite Don songs, regardless of where it ends up in this vote.

Glennsallnighter
04-22-2012, 05:07 AM
We were driving to Cork last night (about 160 mikes) so I put on this CD to listen to it in its entirety and without breaks and interruptions. It really is overall excellent with very high quality music from Don. I love all the songs on it. However I guess we are coming up to the 'big hitter stage' where really the top songs come to the fore. While TLWE is a lovely song, passionate with gorgeous lyrics, I do not see it in the same league as the others remaining. So I will vote for it to be eliminated this round.

SteveJoburg
04-22-2012, 10:50 AM
Forgive me going (slightly) off topic... The SA print of The Very Best Of Don Henley includes a DVD with a few music videos and audio only soundtrack songs. I assume this is the case in the US and Europe as well?

GlennLover
04-22-2012, 11:31 AM
I vote All She Wants To Do Is Dance.

prayfordaylight
04-22-2012, 12:52 PM
Boys of Summer. I'm too attached to most of the others left.

Topkat
04-22-2012, 01:09 PM
Really sad to see NYM leaving so soon. That was in my Top 3 :smitten:
I'm voting for :

All She Wants To Do is Dance

Henley Honey
04-22-2012, 02:07 PM
Finally, there will be a few votes going my way. I was starting to feel a little lonesome. I vote, again - still - continually - for All She Wants To Do Is Dance. As I previously posted, it's kinda fun when its played live, but otherwise . . . . . . . I could live without it.

BBKron
04-22-2012, 03:51 PM
Once again, the primary battle this round appears to be between two songs that I have absolutely no desire to see voted off at this time, TLWE and ASWTDID. And I can't buy into the strategy of voting for one song I don't want to lose to save another song I don't want to lose. If it''s a song I think should stay, I don't want to have any part of being responsible for voting it off, regardless of the eventual outcome. I have to vote for the songs that I personally think should go (it's just how I am).

And since it seems absolutely no one is ready to join me in trying to vote off Dirty Laundry, my least favorite of all Don's songs, the only other song that I might be willing to lose at this point of the game is Boys of Summer (very good song, just have gotten a little tired of it compared to the others left). So, since Boys already has at least one vote, I'll join in with them and go with that this round.

I vote to eliminate Boys of Summer.

Freypower
04-22-2012, 06:38 PM
Forgive me going (slightly) off topic... The SA print of The Very Best Of Don Henley includes a DVD with a few music videos and audio only soundtrack songs. I assume this is the case in the US and Europe as well?

It certainly was the case in Australia; I was very annoyed because the soundtrack songs were encoded as video files, not mp3s, and I couldn't put them on my iPod. Given that I only bought it for those songs I felt I had wasted my money.

My 2 cents on Last Worthless Evening... I think it's magnificent, in my Top 5 or thereabouts of all Don's songs.

04-22-2012, 06:43 PM
Yep - that's the way it was released in the U.S. as well, Steve.

Henleyfan
04-22-2012, 09:59 PM
My vote goes to All she wants to do is Dance.

I love this song and love how Don gets into it when he sings it live, but, it isn't one he wrote, and since all the songs left are great I am using this as my logic this time....

Victim of Love
04-23-2012, 01:08 AM
This round my vote goes to Dirty Laundry.

EaglesKiwi
04-23-2012, 04:37 AM
Steve, that's the "Deluxe" version. The standard version was just the single CD.

I had to order it in from the US. So glad I did! :D

TimothyBFan
04-23-2012, 07:56 AM
Sorry guys, but my least favorite of the remaining songs is the one I have to vote for.

I vote for The Last Worthless Evening.

eaglesvet
04-23-2012, 12:05 PM
Coalition or not, my vote goes to All She Wants to Do is Dance.

GlennLover
04-23-2012, 12:21 PM
I love your sig, ev!

eaglesvet
04-23-2012, 12:24 PM
Thanks, I resurrected it from the past. Ticky had designed it for me. I love the rugged look!!

GlennLover
04-23-2012, 01:08 PM
Thanks, I resurrected it from the past. Ticky had designed it for me. I love the rugged look!!

I don't usually like that look, but I think these pictures are extremely hot! :heart:

Brooke
04-23-2012, 01:42 PM
Well, all this talk about the loveliness of TLWE has made me change my mind about my list. I've gone and traded places with it and ASWTDID. It really is a beautiful song and ASWTDID doesn't really compare at all. I've kind of grown tired of ASWTDID and I think it's rather dated, even though it is fun in concert.

As for what to vote for this round, since it looks like ASWTDID is going down, I will vote strategically and give Dirty Laundry another vote.

SteveJoburg
04-23-2012, 03:03 PM
Steve, that's the "Deluxe" version. The standard version was just the single CD.

I had to order it in from the US. So glad I did! :D

Thanks guys... We usually get shafted here with stuff like that but I think they only printed the 'deluxe' set in SA... Impressive. Perhaps it fits in with why Don got the biggest 'roar' from the crowd during the concert intros...

FYI, it is possible to take the audio from the DVD if you do want the tracks for iTunes or wherever you want to listen. And I don't see a legal issue with it as you have already bought the set, no?

sodascouts
04-23-2012, 06:30 PM
I wonder if the bonus songs were packed as video files with some kind of misguided notion that this will make them impossible to burn to CD and therefore more valuable as rarities? Who the heck knows.

It makes no sense regardless, because it's easy enough to get the audio off of them. There are many ways. One of the easiest is to play the DVD in your computer and then record the audio onto your computer using a program like Replay. There are many other programs you can use that serve the same function. Once you have the audio on your computer, you can stick the song on your iPod.

UK TimFan
04-23-2012, 07:36 PM

04-23-2012, 07:42 PM
I absolutely love all of the remaining songs and could almost flip a coin at this point for my vote. I hate to see any of them eliminated, but the game must go on. I'll go ahead and continue to vote strategically since ASWTDID seems to be going down this time.

04-23-2012, 08:32 PM
The next song to be eliminated from The Very Best of Don Henley Survivor is All She Wants To Do Is Dance. “All She Wants To Do Is Dance”, the tribe has spoken and you have been voted off the island so don’t come back here, yankee. Please leave the island immediately.

Votes
All She Wants To Do Is Dance – 9
The Last Worthless Evening – 4
The Boys of Summer – 3
Dirty Laundry – 2
The Heart of the Matter – 1

Vote Breakdown
All She Wants To Do Is Dance – Freypower
All She Wants To Do Is Dance – sodascouts
All She Wants To Do Is Dance – Koala
All She Wants To Do Is Dance – Maleah
All She Wants To Do Is Dance – GlennLover
All She Wants To Do Is Dance – Topkat
All She Wants To Do Is Dance – Henleyfan
All She Wants To Do Is Dance – eaglesvet
The Last Worthless Evening – Tori
The Last Worthless Evening – Glennsallnighter
The Last Worthless Evening – TimothyBFan
The Boys of Summer – whitcap
The Boys of Summer – prayfordaylight
The Boys of Summer – BBKron
Dirty Laundry – Victim of Love
Dirty Laundry – Brooke
The Heart of the Matter – Ive always been a dreamer

Songs eliminated:
Everybody Knows 4/07
For My Wedding 4/11
Sunset Grill 4/13
Taking You Home 4/17
New York Minute 4/21
All She Wants to Do Is Dance 4/23

Songs remaining:
Dirty Laundry
The Boys of Summer
The End of the Innocence
The Heart of the Matter

Voting for Round 10 begins now.

Windeagle
04-23-2012, 08:58 PM
Ok, I can live with that one. ASWTDID would have been my next vote. Yet again, I vote The Last Worthless Evening.

Freypower
04-23-2012, 09:59 PM
I vote for The End Of The Innocence.

sodascouts
04-23-2012, 10:04 PM
Of all the songs left, there is only one that doesn't move me.

I cast my vote for Dirty Laundry.

It's catchy, that's for sure, and gets people moving at concerts. However, the other songs left are emotionally powerful - and that kind of emotion scores over "catchy" in my book. Your mileage may vary!

04-23-2012, 10:38 PM
Wow - This should be an exciting round watching these songs 'duke' it out. I have no idea which one is going down next and I don't even know which one I want to see go.

whitcap
04-23-2012, 11:12 PM
I vote for The Boys of Summer.

Henleyfan
04-23-2012, 11:59 PM
With each round it gets harder and harder.... All I know is which song I want to win, but it doesn't mean it makes it easier to vote another one off....

Of the songs left, the only one that doesn't hit me emotionally is Dirty Laundry. I love the song Live and everytime I get stressed and need a lifter upper, I will go to the live version of Don singing Dirty Laundry, but the others just touch me more....

So this round my vote is for Dirty Laundry

eaglesvet
04-24-2012, 01:32 AM
I just realized something, since I have only been playing for some of the last few rounds...are we not doing the immunity question? Not that I ever came close to answering it or anything, but I just remember it was another dynamic in our game similar to the TV reality show.

Anyway, I vote for Dirty Laundry.

TimothyBFan
04-24-2012, 07:45 AM
Well EV, if you would come visit us more often, you would have known that. :lol: The rules were changed awhile back regarding immunity questions. I, myself, miss them even tho I never could get into answer them quick enough, I thought they made it more interesting and challenging. ;-)

I'll stick with my vote for The Last Worthless Evening.

prayfordaylight
04-24-2012, 08:24 AM
Voting for Boys of Summer again.

eaglesvet
04-24-2012, 11:22 AM
Well EV, if you would come visit us more often, you would have known that. :lol: The rules were changed awhile back regarding immunity questions. I, myself, miss them even tho I never could get into answer them quick enough, I thought they made it more interesting and challenging. ;-)

I'll stick with my vote for The Last Worthless Evening.

:shrug::blush:;-) But what if I want to go out looking in tree trunks and find an idol? Will that count??

(At the risk of boring the "regulars," why did we get rid of the immunity questions? Maybe direct me to that thread? I'm curious!! I also never could get there in time to answer, but it did lend a little excitement at the 8 o'clock hour!)

Troubadour
04-24-2012, 11:58 AM
Thanks to working a ridiculous amount of night shifts lately, I have missed the last two rounds! So sorry. I have read through the pages I missed though, and wanted to say a couple of quick things before I vote...

#1 - WELCOME BACK, EV! It's so good to see you around. And your sig is delicious.

#2 - I was sorry to see New York Minute go. I think it is a beautiful, haunting song that ultimately has a positive, uplifting note. As quickly as things can change for the worse, they can change for the better. That's the main thing I take from it. That's why I particularly love the line that Don inserts towards the end - "you can get out of the rain". I heard him talk about that line in a 1987 interview and he basically says that that was the whole message of the song - but that many people miss it!

#3 - Sad to see ASWTDID go, too. That song gets me rocking more than Dirty Laundry does. Of course, Kootch wrote it, so I have a special affinity for it! I like the story that Don and Danny tell in an old '80s interview. Don says that Danny called him up at 4am, really excited, saying "I've just written the best rock & roll song EVER!" Don was sleepy and didn't take much notice. LOL.

This brings me to my vote... without question, Dirty Laundry. I actually would have voted for this two rounds ago, had I been here. I like it and I admire Don for taking on the subject matter and launching such a scathing attack on the bad side of journalism and the media, but it's simply not one of my favourite songs. It is much better live - on a CD, I would probably skip it much of the time. As Soda said, the remaining songs are beautiful and emotive... much more my kind of Don. ;)

GlennLover
04-24-2012, 03:13 PM
I have to go with End of The Innocence again.

Tori
04-24-2012, 03:40 PM
Wow. This is getting really hard to decide. Since I don't have any real emotional attachment to it, I vote for The Last Worthless Evening.

Victim of Love
04-24-2012, 04:46 PM

Glennsallnighter
04-24-2012, 05:48 PM
I cast my vote this round for Last Worthless Evening.

Freypower
04-24-2012, 07:23 PM
:shrug::blush:;-) But what if I want to go out looking in tree trunks and find an idol? Will that count??

(At the risk of boring the "regulars," why did we get rid of the immunity questions? Maybe direct me to that thread? I'm curious!! I also never could get there in time to answer, but it did lend a little excitement at the 8 o'clock hour!)

There is not a specific thread about this but it resulted from some controversy in a game in which one song was made immune for the entire game.

There is some discussion about this here:

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=562&page=6

Maleah
04-24-2012, 11:54 PM
I cast my vote for End of The Innocence

Getting tough now though! I love EOTI but it's the song I tire of the fastest out of the remaining choices.

Koala
04-25-2012, 12:35 AM

Topkat
04-25-2012, 07:39 AM
Voting for
The Heart of the Matter

BBKron
04-25-2012, 11:43 AM
Yes, perhaps now we can get some support for the eliminating Dirty Laundry.
I have already voiced my problems with the song. But, at this point in the game, perhaps the best argument for elimination was raised by soda.

Of all the songs left, there is only one that doesn't move me.

Dirty Laundry

It's catchy, that's for sure, and gets people moving at concerts. However, the other songs left are emotionally powerful - and that kind of emotion scores over "catchy" in my book.

Very True. All the others are deep, emotional songs, that surely deserve to survive more than Dirty Laundry.

I cast my vote for Dirty Laundry

Brooke
04-25-2012, 02:24 PM
Looks like we are all over the place this round. Do I stick with my list or listen to all of your comments and change my mind? :hmm:

Ok, I just deleted my first thought! I'm voting for The Last Worthless Evening this round.

Dirty Laundry is just too much fun! :partytime:

04-25-2012, 07:54 PM
Wow - I hate to see Dirty Laundry go down. For me, if I find a song fun, then it moves me emotionally - just in a good, happy way. But, nonetheless, it moves me. On the other hand, I don't want to see The Last Worthless Evening eliminated either. Actually, I don't want to see any of the songs eliminated at this point. I think we should declare a five-way tie and be done with this game. :lol: But I guess we can't do that so I'm going to continue to vote strategically ...