PDA

View Full Version : Who travels with the boys?

zeldabjr
04-09-2012, 03:11 PM
I think of silly things to ask...Who travels with them? Do they take people from US...like security etc.. or are people like that hired locally in the city they're in...

VAisForEagleLovers
04-09-2012, 04:06 PM
Something I've always wondered myself!

Freypower
04-09-2012, 06:20 PM
I can only speak for myself, but the tour programs I have list an entire page of people who presumably come from the US. I don't know if any local people are hired or not.

Victim of Love
04-09-2012, 06:41 PM
They have a sizable crew of roadies who travel with them throughout the US -- driving trucks with stage/lighting/equipment -- and I'm sure they take them along as much as possible. Like the band itself, the road crew is also finely tuned 'machine' -- they know what needs to be done, how the band likes everything, and they just do it. I can't imagine they or anyone else has the time to be hanging out ensuring it's done properly. It seems to me that one of them (Glenn or Don) made a comment in an interview referencing their crew, something along the lines of depending on the band to keep them employed. (I'm sure Soda knows the interview I'm referring to).

I'm sure each venue they play has a crew available to help, but IMHO I would think they're going to take their own people who can do it as automatically as breathing. Just sayin...

Ive always been a dreamer
04-09-2012, 09:51 PM
I agree that if you look in the tour books from past tours, you get a good idea of the vast entourage that travels with the band. It is amazing how many folks are involved in every Eagles show.

StephUK
04-10-2012, 01:29 PM
When they were in Glasgow, Scotland in 2009 there were certainly some US road crew guys there - drinking the bar dry at the hotel after the show!

Prettymaid
04-10-2012, 02:18 PM
Those American boys! :cheers:

EaglesKiwi
04-10-2012, 04:38 PM
It's called "supporting the local economy" :twisted::hilarious:

StephUK
04-15-2012, 05:18 PM
Maybe they were trying to keep up with the Scots!!

Topkat
04-17-2012, 03:36 PM
I'm pretty sure that even when they travel overseas they have many of their crew along with them, but probably not all of them. The tour manager, lighting director and stage manager are all essential to the set up of the show. They also have all the guitar techs, etc., but I think they do also hire several local people for the venue set ups. It's a big production, but I'm sure it's all planned out & they have it all down to a science.

EaglesKiwi
04-19-2012, 05:34 AM
I'm sure they'd need some local input - if only for the, "go and get me some xxxxxxxxx RIGHT NOW or this whole thing's not gonna be happening" moments.

Topkat
04-19-2012, 09:17 AM
I'm sure they'd need some local input - if only for the, "go and get me some xxxxxxxxx RIGHT NOW or this whole thing's not gonna be happening" moments.

I sure hope that they don't act like that...Treating people like that is horrible. I don't ever want to think of them treating someone that way.

sodascouts
04-19-2012, 10:06 AM
I got the impression she meant a stage manager communicating an urgent need - nothing too horrible about that.

Ive always been a dreamer
04-19-2012, 12:19 PM

Yeah - kinda reminds me a lot of my work environment for the last month or so as we are struggling to figure out if we can meet deadlines. Doesn't mean my co-workers are bad people - just highlights our dependencies on each team member doing their part to make it all happen. I'd bet that making an Eagles show happen isn't too different in that regard.

Glennsallnighter
04-20-2012, 06:51 AM
There are some local names in the credits of Glenn:heart:'s LIve in Dublin DVD. One of whom is now a fairly high profile TV presenter. So I'd say there is some local input. Locals will know the lie of the land and the peculiarities of each venue I guess!

zeldabjr
04-22-2012, 12:27 AM
After reading threads tonight about Timothy's health scare from several years ago I really do think the boys ought to have an RN travelling with them on tour...you know to check them out a few times a day to make sure they're fine...I would be happy to donate my time.:lol::D;-)

zelda

GlennLover
04-22-2012, 11:48 AM
After reading threads tonight about Timothy's health scare from several years ago I really do think the boys ought to have an RN travelling with them on tour...you know to check them out a few times a day to make sure they're fine...I would be happy to donate my time.:lol::D;-)

zelda

I think that's a very good idea, zelda! :nod: ;-)

EaglesKiwi
04-28-2012, 05:40 AM
I got the impression she meant a stage manager communicating an urgent need - nothing too horrible about that.
Yes, that's exactly what I meant! Thanks for helping clarify my poorly expressed thought, Soda!