PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite and Least Favorite Era for each of the Eagles?

Ive always been a dreamer
04-24-2007, 09:10 PM
I decided to start this after reading a discussion in another thread. I know a lot of us have already stated this in some form before, but I thought it deserved its own thread. So when do you think was the time that each of the guys were at there best/worst in terms of their appearance? Here's mine:

Joe

Favorite era - Hotel California/The Long Run (the man was smokin')
Least favorite - Late 80's/early 90's

Tim

Favorite era - HFO
Least favorite - Poco (he looked too young to be hot)

Don

Favorite era - OOTN/BTPB/HFO (three way tie)
Least favorite - EOTI

Glenn

Favorite era - all of them (seriously); but okay if I have to pick just one, I'll go with HFO
Least favorite - OOTN

Former Eagles:

For Felder my favorite era was HFO, with the OTB era as my least favorite. Randy and Bernie's appearance didn't change that much, IMO, during their days with the band. But from the pictures I've seen of both of them, their days as Eagles were when they were at their best.

sodascouts
04-24-2007, 10:30 PM
Joe
Favorite era: Hell Freezes Over (esp. 1994)
Least favorite: mid-80s

Tim
Favorite era: Hell Freezes Over
Least favorite: Poco 1970 (not a good hairdo)

Don
Favorite era : OOTN (OH THE HOTNESS)
Least favorite: current (sorry Don! Just fix that hair and all will be well)

Glenn
Favorite: Hell Freezes Over (esp. 1994)
Least favorite: OOTN (when he had that horrible long moustache)

Felder
Favorite: Hotel California
Least favorite: the mid-80s

Randy
Favorite: Border Era
Least Favorite: Current

Bernie
Least favorite: Flying Burrito Brothers

Maleah
04-24-2007, 11:15 PM
Ooooooooooo good idea for a topic! :D Let's see here..... :twisted:

Joe

Favorite era: Hell Freezes Over (I think Joe was absolutely gorgeous in that era! He has this kind of shy, intellectual, and cool vibe about him. Works for me! :D

Least favorite: mid-80s

Tim

Favorite era: The Long Run era (followed closely by HFO) - I LOVE watching Timmy in the videos for TLR and ICTYW! He is absolutely gorgeous and adorable at the same time! He looks very in shape, yet has these cute full cheeks and the gorgeous straight hair. Love it!

Least favorite: I don't really know what he looked like with Poco.....but I know he had this mullet style hair-do in one of his solo videos that I didn't care for. lol Other than that, his style has pretty much stayed the same except for the straight/wavy variety

Don

Favorite era : Hello Avatar! <---------------------- lol! Not sure of the exact era but I love it! And the OOTN era! :shock: drool :D I also like the IJ/storytellers era ;)

Least favorite: End of the Innocence - blech.....not into the long hair on Don :?

Glenn

Favorite: I'd have to say HFO as well I guess.....but it's pretty darn close between that and most of his solo years :laugh: But let's go with HFO :D Hello gorgeous head of hair!!!

Least favorite: OOTN (when he had that horrible long moustache) you said it best Soda :D

Felder

Favorite: Hotel California

Least favorite: the mid-80s

Randy

Favorite: HC Era - you know.....the "out of it" photos with the stubble ;) :D

Least Favorite: Current

Bernie

Least favorite: not sure...didn't see anything pre-eagles and it doesn't seem like his style has changed much lol

Freypower
04-24-2007, 11:49 PM
What a great topic!

Joe

Favourite: HFO. I liked the shorter hair & the glasses suited him.
Least favourite: Early 80s, There Goes The Neighbourhood period. He just looked ordinary then.

Tim

Favourite: Now. He's aged very well. During the HFO period I looked at his crows' feet. :?
Least Favourite: The Mullet Years. Big mistake.

Don

Favourite: HFO
Least Favourite: BTPB. His hair then was awful. I can live with the long hair.

Glenn

Favourite: It's always NOW. Always.
Least Favourite: The very early 70s, first album period. He was so gawky & callow. I guess I'm not that crazy about the NFA period either, to be honest.

Felder

Favourite: Hotel California/The Long Run, easily.
Least favourite: OTB, when he hadn't grown the beard.

Meisner

Favourite: Desperado/OTB
Least favourite: Hall of Fame period

Leadon

Favourite: Eagles/Desperado
Least favourite: OOTN

Brooke
04-30-2007, 03:11 PM
Cool! I had to do research before I could be sure on this!

Joe
Favorite: HFO. Loved the short hair and the glasses.
Although, I thought he was :smokin: in his younger days (like the infamous baseball game days)
Least favorite: mid 80's

Tim
Favorite: HFO. I think his hair was the best then. And NO ONE can wear that long hair any better! :heart: It's classic Tim!
Least favortie: the mullet years! (thanks Freypower!) And really any of his earlier years. He just looked too young to look sexy!

Don
Favorite: I really don't think I can pick a fave era cause he had the fro during most of Eagles eras and I loved it. :heart: But he is great in HFO, too. :inlove:
Lease favorite: Beast era and pony tail era. I liked the long hair down tho! Oh, and the orange spikey stuff! :scowl:

Glenn
Favorite: Same here with Glenn, I can't hardly pick during the early Eagles years. I really loved that mustache and long hair Soda! :heart:
And in NFA? Fp? :inlove: And HFO of course is wonderful! :heart:
Least favorite: the really short spiky hair cut era like in Dublin. Your hair is too wonderful to cut that short Glenn! :nope:

sodascouts
04-30-2007, 04:16 PM
Glenn
Least favorite: the really short spiky hair cut era like in Dublin. Your hair is too wonderful to cut that short Glenn! :nope:

Amen to that! When you've got it, flaunt it. Anybody can have short spiky hair. Only a few can have the thicker 'dos!

Glennsallnighter
04-30-2007, 07:40 PM
Oh Brooke and Soda! While I appreciate how you feel...I just love Glenn :heart: in Dublin so much :inlove: (well the Dublin connection obviously has me biased) I really think he's just so sexy in it.... and it would have been so easy for me to take him home with me..... :twisted:

Freypower
04-30-2007, 08:01 PM
I don't mind his hair in Dublin. I saw the really short hair in August 1988, and I had to live with it. I prefer it longer but there you are.

And Don's 'spiky orange hair' Brooke - agreed. That did not work.

05-01-2007, 09:46 AM
I also prefer Glenn's hair much better when it is longer and agree with Soda that when you have got it, then flaunt it. You know - it's that concept of accentuate the positive. :wink: However, having said that, I reiterate that I don't think there is a bad look for Glenn. He looks gorgeous no matter what his hair looks like. I can even live with square-haired Glenn in the Livin' Right video.

Speaking of vidoes, I was also thinking as I was reading this thread about a certain video of Tim's where he was particularly HOT. I think it is Boys Night Out, but now I'm going to have to go back check and get back with you all on this. :wink: :shock:

glenneaglesfan
05-03-2007, 05:33 AM
I always like an excuse to do a bit of research!

Tim

Least favourite - yes, the mullet!
Most favourite - now. Tim is a remarkable man who has a beautiful face which improves with age.

Joe

Least favourite - probably around the millenium when he was quite overweight and had that slicked back hair.
Most favourite - smokin' young Joe in the HC era, and now Joe particularly in the Party of Two, but above all HFO Joe - those glasses...

Don

Least favourite - I have to say the long hair doesn't do anything for me, and the '80's' style on the cover of EOTI - what were you doing, Don?
Most favourite - smouldering young 'fro Don with facial hair, intense HFO Don and shorter haired F1 Don

Glenn

Least favourite - is there one? Actually, I agree with FP about the very early Eagles days when he looked almost effeminate and had some seriously bad hair days, if that's possible.
Most favourite - well, I love his Long Run look, the soft and run-throughable shorter hair in Soul Searchin' and Dublin, HFO (sigh), and now, particularly when he's out in the fresh air on the golf course with the wind mussing up his hair....

05-04-2007, 04:16 PM
Speaking of vidoes, I was also thinking as I was reading this thread about a certain video of Tim's where he was particularly HOT. I think it is Boys Night Out, but now I'm going to have to go back check and get back with you all on this. :wink: :shock:

Okay - I finally got a chance to check this out, and the video of Tim's that I think is so hot is 'Was It Just the Moonlight'. If you all haven't seen this one, it is a must. :shock:

Mrs Frey
05-07-2007, 08:04 AM
Wow... I envy all of you with your extensive knowledge of all The Eagles and how they looked during specific eras. I have knowledge like that of The Beatles, but I'll get there for our boys, don't worry... :wink:

Nevertheless, with my three months' worth of knowledge, and viewing of Eagles beauty (especially Glenn :heart:), I'll submit my 2 cents worth:

Pretty much my least favourite look for all the boys is when any of them is wearing a moustache or a beard. Sorry, but I just don't care much for moustaches and beards. Glenn :heart: looks sexy with stubble (see THIO and "Miami Vice"), but generally, I prefer him clean shaven. Mind you, I don't think I've seen a pic of Bernie without one, but he has such a sweet face, I won't hold that against him. :wink: I also prefer shorter hair on a man, but this can pass as Timothy has always worn his hair long (as least as far as I have seen) and it suits him. He has such a gentle face.

Favourite periods:

Bernie: He always appears the same to me, so no preference here. I have no idea what he looks like today! :(

Randy: Any period when he's not wearing a moustache.

Don Felder: HFO - wow, he looked great.

Joe: HFO - he looks lovely and slender, and I love his outfit.

Timothy: He also always appears the same to me, from what I've seen, so no preference.

Don: HFO!!! I LOVE the hairstyle, and he just looks sexy (oops, I'm giving myself away - I'm developing a little crush on Don! :heart: )

Glenn: My, my - where do I start - well, I fell for him watching HFO, so that's definitely a contender. Then there's "The Long Run" era, "No Fun Aloud", "The Allnighter", "Soul Searchin'"... phew! This is tough. He is just ALWAYS hot, sexy and gorgeous :D. The white suit from "No Fun Aloud" really does it for me, and the toned body from "Livin' Right"... :!: I know some of you don't like Glenn's hair so short from that period, but I think it accentuates his amazing cheekbones and facial structure. Nevertheless, Glenn with longer hair, such as HFO or TLR is a treat. You're right, Soda, he has beautiful hair, and he should flaunt it. Okay, so my favourite? Today I'll give it to the HFO era. Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh... that was tough. :blush:

sodascouts
05-07-2007, 09:26 AM
Here's a fairly recent photo of Bernie looking pretty good - and no facial hair!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/bernie/BLeadonModern.jpg

Brooke
05-07-2007, 10:16 AM
Don: HFO!!! I LOVE the hairstyle, and he just looks sexy (oops, I'm giving myself away - I'm developing a little crush on Don! :heart: )

Don't feel bad Mrs F. I have the same problem. Actually, I think I'm in love with Don and Glenn both! They are both just too HS&G for words! :inlove:

05-07-2007, 11:12 AM
Yep - I'm totally hearing you both here. Actually, as many of you already know, for most of the many years that I've been a fan, I was equally smitten with both Don and Glenn. Then, in 2005, Glenn chose me for good. But there is no denying, Don is HS&G. :D

And OBTW he doesn't sing bad either!

DonFan
05-07-2007, 11:49 AM
But there is no denying, Don is HS&G. :D

And OBTW he doesn't sing bad either!

Welcome to my world! :P

Mrs Frey
05-08-2007, 08:14 AM

Don't feel bad Mrs F. I have the same problem. Actually, I think I'm in love with Don and Glenn both! They are both just too HS&G for words! :inlove:

Thanks for the support, Brooke! :D And you, too, Dreamer!! :D :D When Don sings "The Heart Of The Matter" in HFO, he kind of steals my heart - but before long Glenn :heart: steals my heart again, and I'm off riding into a Tequila Sunrise with him. :wink: Oh, the choices we have to make in life... :twisted:

Thanks, Soda, for that recent pic of Bernie. Yes, he does look good!

By the way, DF, I saw Don in a video with Patty Smyth over the weekend for the first time, singing "Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough". I know the song well - I used to hear it a lot when it came out - and I hardly had an idea at the time of Don's existence! :blush: It's sad, isn't it? :cry: