PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P Nancy (badkitty33) and her son Austin

Midnight_Flyer
04-11-2012, 05:53 PM
R.I.P Nancy and her son Austin who died in a house fire in november last year :( you will be missed by everyone XXXXXXXXX

Prettymaid
04-11-2012, 06:47 PM
The title of this thread completely freaked me out!!!!! We have a Nancy and an Austin on here and I thought the worst!!!

EagleLady
04-11-2012, 07:02 PM
Same here Cathy :fear:

Midnight_Flyer
04-11-2012, 07:32 PM
BadKitty?

Maleah
04-11-2012, 09:39 PM
She means Nancy, aka badkitty33. :(

http://www.buffalonews.com/city/communities/west-seneca/article628411.ece (http://www.buffalonews.com/city/communities/west-seneca/article628411.ece)

How horrible. :( I'll never forget how proud she was of Austin, she loved him so much. Wow......I just can't believe it.

Midnight_Flyer
04-11-2012, 09:45 PM
i'm still finding it hard to believe, it's like it's not real

sodascouts
04-11-2012, 10:29 PM
I had no idea she had died. I lost track of her when she stopped posting here about four years ago. How horrible! Prayers for her surviving children.

Mrs Frey
04-12-2012, 02:14 AM
I had some scary thoughts too when I saw this thread, but at the same time knew it wasn't possible. I vaguely remember "badkitty33" - I am so sorry to learn this news. May they rest in peace. :-(

sodascouts
04-12-2012, 10:38 AM
I revised the thread title for clarity.

Dying in a fire - so sad!

Prettymaid
04-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Yes, now that I know who we are talking about, I'm sad that we've lost a Border member, even though she stopped posting after I joined and I never 'knew' her.

Brooke
04-12-2012, 01:46 PM
How sad. I vaguely remember her posting. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family.

Victim of Love
04-12-2012, 02:30 PM
How tragic...my thoughts and prayers go out to her surviving sons. Although I don't recall sharing any posts with her (I think I came on board later), my heart breaks.

timfan
04-12-2012, 02:56 PM
This is heart breaking; even tho she had not posted in quite a few years she was still a member of our community.. and to have her and her son die in such a terrible fire... horrible. My thoughts and prayers certainly go out to all of Nancy and Austin's family and friends.

It's also somewhat of a bizarre feeling watching the news reports of this tragedy actually knowing the person ( even just through the net).. We see news reports of tragedies and crimes daily but because it is someone elses child, sister or mother it's unreal; this makes it real for sure!

Glennsallnighter
04-12-2012, 02:56 PM
OMG. I have been very upset all day on reading this. Nancy (affectionately known at the time when she posted here as 'the other Nancy') got in touch with me in about March 2007 in a pm about a song I had posted. We shared a few pms and shortly afterwards she launched her own board

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=401

A few of us joined to support her, and I remember posting occasionally. But Nancy and I got into the habit of chatting in the early afternoon in summer and fall of 2007 particularly. She had just done her school run and I would be gearing towards picking up my own children shortly. We would chat for about half an hour maybe 3 days a week. Just a few pointers to show the kind of person she was

She lived for her 3 children Hayley, Ian and Austin. She was always recounting their efforts and their exploits and was fiercely proud of all three. She never directly told me that Austin had Downs Syndrome but did indicate that he had special needs. But also indicated her love for him.

She loved music, particularly the Eagles, and made no secret of the fact that Randy was her favourite.

She always had a happy cheerful disposition with an energu and a zest for life. Nothing ever seemed to get her down.

After that summer we chatted but more sporadically, but I do remember catching up with her the following Christmas, and once again she was all about what the kids had wanted and how much they had enjoyed the season.

I found her in MySpace a little later and we popped into chat for a while. That was the last time we chatted. Only recently I was wondering how she and the family were.

I can only imagine the despair Ian, Hayley and her husband must be feeling right now. Words ate trite, but I hope Nancy and Austin are at peace together, and that somehow their family will find comfort in the tributes paid to them.

Nancy and Austin. RIP.

Ive always been a dreamer
04-12-2012, 05:56 PM
Wow - how incredibly sad this is. I remember Nancy as someone very light-hearted with a good sense of humor. My heart goes out to her family.

R.I.P. Nancy and Austin.

sodascouts
04-12-2012, 07:32 PM
Thank you for sharing your thoughts, GA; I had forgotten about the board! She was definitely a lover of music. I thought it was fitting that the fact that she was passionate about music was mentioned in the article about her death.

Life is so fleeting!

RIP Nancy and Austin.

Maleah
04-12-2012, 09:53 PM
GA you made me tear up with your post, because that's how I remember Nancy too. I lost contact with her and it was easy to do so because life got so busy. But then something like this happens and it reminds me that no matter how busy life gets, it's important to MAKE time for people. Nancy did indeed adore Randy....sometimes making me blush with her adoration. lol! I LOVED her sense of humor and wittiness. It made me cry to go to the link you posted, to see her AV and her post.....it seems so hard to believe that a member of our family is gone. Life's sure hard sometimes.

thelongrun
05-09-2012, 05:40 PM
I just saw this and you know, may we be digital friends but real love is out there...

Dear Lord...
Rest in peace our dear badkitty33 and boy.

Glennsallnighter
11-11-2016, 06:02 PM
Today marks the fifth anniversary if the passing of BK and her son. I revived the thread in case anyone would like to remember them in prayers

Delilah
11-13-2016, 04:48 PM
This is so sad, and I didn't even know her; apparently she was a big Randy fan. That was a nice write up about her, Glennallnighter.