PDA

View Full Version : Karaoke Glenn

sodascouts
04-28-2007, 11:28 PM
Found this on YouTube - the guy who posted it wants people to film themselves singing it and upload the video to YouTube.

The only problem is the lyrics are not exactly lining up with the music! And a couple of them are downright wrong - as in "A precious high just to stay alive."
Any takers? ;)

Karaoke Heat Is On (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi6Oo3G139o)

Imagine trying to that when you've had one too many at a karaoke bar! lol

Molly
04-29-2007, 08:30 AM
Having "a few too many" and singing Karaoke in a bar go hand in hand, don't they?

The best Karaoke singer I've ever seen was my friend, Beth's 80 year old Grandmother who got up at Beth's birthday party and sang everything from Patsy Cline to the Bee Gees to Britney Spears! And she was pretty darn good -the hit of the party!

sodascouts
04-29-2007, 01:35 PM
A grandmom doing Britney Spears?! LOL! I wish I could've seen that! I hope I'm that spry at 80.

I remember one time, after a Fleetwood Mac concert, a group of me and nine other girls were hanging out in the nearest bar, which had karaoke. After a few drinks, we managed to convince each other that going up there and singing "Edge of Seventeen" as a mob would be a great idea. At the time we thought we sounded terrific! One of my friends filmed it on her digital camera.

I think you can guess the next part of this story. WE SUCKED! Digital cameras and drunken karaoke do not match!

Ive always been a dreamer
04-29-2007, 05:28 PM
Yeah - I've been busy all day filming my karaoke version of THIO - it's sounding real good - meanwhile, I think I'll have another beer. :wink:

I would have loved to see that 80 year old grandmother doing Britney Spears. It was probably a classic. Reminds me of my 75 year old mother who sings and dances to Partytown. I must admit though, I haven't been able to get her to try it karaoke style. :D

Molly
04-29-2007, 10:07 PM
Ah, yes, the "Strength in Numbers Karaoke"! A million years ago, some friends and I did the mob version of "Old Time Rock and Roll" - I believe there were adult beverages involved in our performance as well.
:cheers:

Kay, your mom sounds like a blast! I remember when my mom liked that nice "Country and Western" song, "Lay Down Sally" by that nice young man, Eric Clapton, so she went out and bought the album "Slowhand". You know, the same album that has the song "Cocaine" on it? :huh:

sodascouts
04-30-2007, 12:17 AM
I remember when my mom liked that nice "Country and Western" song, "Lay Down Sally" by that nice young man, Eric Clapton, so she went out and bought the album "Slowhand". You know, the same album that has the song "Cocaine" on it? :huh:

oops! lol

glenneaglesfan
05-02-2007, 03:40 AM
Lol, Molly!!

I've embarrassed myself singing 'Take It Easy' with hubby, and yes, adult beverages were involved!!

"a precious high"... love it!!