View Full Version : Dick Clark dies at 82

EagleLady
04-18-2012, 04:17 PM
Just read this on twitter, RIP :(

Topkat
04-18-2012, 04:21 PM
Very sad news,

Here is the news article;

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/18/dick-clark-dies-dead-heart-attack_n_1435415.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D153111

Victim of Love
04-18-2012, 04:32 PM
We've lost a true pioneer of the music industry. To me Dick Clark will always be as American as baseball, apple pie and rock & roll. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. He will be truly missed.

Brooke
04-18-2012, 04:38 PM
RIP Dick. Very sad.

Tori
04-18-2012, 05:19 PM
I was stunned when I heard this. I always watched him on New Year's Rockin' Eve as a kid. RIP Dick, you will be missed.

Prettymaid
04-18-2012, 05:35 PM
Oh, I hadn't heard this! How sad. They always said he never aged. May his family and friends find comfort in the fact that he led a rich full life and that America loved him.

sodascouts
04-18-2012, 05:43 PM
Yes, for a long time he was famous for looking young despite his age. Once he had that stroke a few years ago, he of course started slowing down, but he was still there every New Year's Rockin' Eve. I'll definitely miss him.

Topkat
04-18-2012, 05:55 PM
I remember watching American Bandstand as a little kid. It was a very cool show that all the teenagers were watching. Dick Clark has been an American Icon since the 50's & introduced many to Rock & Roll. It was a break through show at the time. That was really the first music & dance show on tv. Dick was a wonderful personality and seemed so friendly & down to earth. Then we would always watch him on New Years Eve, & he even still came to the festivities even after his stroke, & join Ryan Seacrest there. He was there this past New Years Eve & Ryan would always go over & talk with him on camera with his wife. He will be missed.... A very sad day

zeldabjr
04-18-2012, 06:24 PM
I remember watching American Bandstand as a little kid. It was a very cool show that all the teenagers were watching. Dick Clark has been an American Icon since the 50's & introduced many to Rock & Roll. It was a break through show at the time. That was really the first music & dance show on tv. Dick was a wonderful personality and seemed so friendly & down to earth. Then we would always watch him on New Years Eve, & he even still came to the festivities even after his stroke, & join Ryan Seacrest there. He was there this past New Years Eve & Ryan would always go over & talk with him on camera with his wife. He will be missed.... A very sad day

You've said it all Topkat.

TimothyBFan
04-19-2012, 07:55 AM
This so saddens me. Such a huge part of my childhood Saturday routine. Would NOT ever miss Bandstand.

It's even more upsetting after the news that's coming out this week about Robin Gibb and Levon Helm. I fear this won't be the only one we'll be mourning shortly. :sad:

Ive always been a dreamer
04-21-2012, 01:37 PM
Well - we have definitely lost a piece of Americana with the passing of Dick Clark this week. I don't know of anyone in this country whose life wasn't touched by him in some way - an American institution, indeed.

Thank you for the memories, Dick Clark - you will be sorely missed!

R.I.P.

Henley Honey
04-21-2012, 01:53 PM
I watched American Bandstand every Saturday morning -- which came on right before Soul Train. I remember those long thin microphones he pioneered and his "rate a record" segment where the standard answer was: "It's got a good beat and you can dance to it". His guests ran the gamut from Fabian to Madonna and everyone in between.

I was also a big fan of the $10,000.00 Pyramid game show he created. RIP, Dick.

WalshFan88
04-21-2012, 07:16 PM
RIP.