PDA

View Full Version : Glenn's online store

Henley Honey
04-19-2012, 10:19 AM
Got an e-mail this morning about the online store at: http://www. glennfreyafterhours.com/store

BUT, be careful. They block navigation to the check out page and show:

"There is a problem with the security certificate. The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address."

You can continue to the check out page, but there is no security lock to ensure a safe transaction.

Hopefully his webmistress or webmaster will fix this problem because I'd love to get a T-shirt and an additional cd as I'm sure would many of you.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-19-2012, 10:43 AM
So this is how you get it on vinyl!!!

The certificate looks OK. You're being warned about a possible redirect, but the url is the expected one, so it looks good to go. I don't know for sure, but I get this on the US Army urls all the time, and for them, it means the certificate is for http, yet all logins and purchases require https. I'm not an expert at this, but I'm considering it safe and going for it. I surely wish I could get the t-shirt now and not have to wait until 5/08 or after.

Thanks for the heads-up, HH! I've only been looking at the events page and haven't looked at the home page in a while!

sodascouts
04-19-2012, 10:49 AM
I've seen this problem before. It appears that the service his website is using to make the secure transaction, groundctrl.net, has changed their domain to groundctrl.com but has not obtained a security certificate for the new domain, perhaps assuming the old one would carry over.

There are other possible causes, but that's my speculation judging from the details given by the browser. I hope they get it fixed before they scare off too many potential customers.

(A security certificate is needed every time your website uses the secure protocol "https" instead of "http.")

VAisForEagleLovers
04-19-2012, 10:57 AM
The site allows you to use PayPal which is secure either way. Of course, since I despise Paypal with a passion that goes beyond the bounds of definition, I didn't use. it.

Ive always been a dreamer
04-19-2012, 01:10 PM
I just went to the online store from the home page of the website and didn't get any security messages, so I'm assuming any problems are fixed. I think I'm gonna wait to see what merchandise they have available at the shows though before ordering anything.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-19-2012, 01:41 PM
I'm still getting the error, but I did send them an email. It depends on what your security settings are on your browser, and since I use this for work, they are set as high as they can be.

Glennsallnighter
04-19-2012, 02:00 PM
Surprise surprise. It won't open for me. It just says 'The URL can't be found'

Times I hate living in Ireland :brickwall::brickwall::brickwall:

What is on sale there?

sodascouts
04-19-2012, 02:03 PM
I just went to the online store from the home page of the website and didn't get any security messages, so I'm assuming any problems are fixed.

You don't see the message until you try to check out and pay.

What is on sale there?

There is a T-shirt with the After Hours cover on it but that's it, other than of course the After Hours CD and LP. I know it's silly, but I sure hope he's selling keychains at the shows. I need a Glenn keychain to complete my collection! I've got one for the Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham, and even Don Henley... but none for Glenn.

Also, right now it looks like there's only one kind of T-shirt. I hope he sells a women's version (aka babydoll) and not just the kind that hangs on you like a box (aka the typical tour T-shirt).

Finally, I hope there's tourdates on the back. If there is, I'll buy two - one for a souvenir, and one to wear.

I know - I'm crazy. lol

Henley Honey
04-19-2012, 02:03 PM
T-Shirts, the CD and the vinyl album. Guess I'm making another post office run!

VAisForEagleLovers
04-19-2012, 02:15 PM
GA, during checkout, it gave the option of UPS and the postal service (parcel post). It specified that you had to select parcel post for international delivery, so they must think it's available to people overseas. Can you get to the website at all? Is it just the online store link that's not working for you?

sodascouts
04-19-2012, 02:39 PM
Here's what the shirt looks like (it appears it's only sold bundled with the CD or LP through the online store):

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/medium7s08rsa6lvc9.jpg

GlennLover
04-19-2012, 03:49 PM

Times I hate living in Ireland :brickwall::brickwall::brickwall:

What is on sale there?

GA, the site wouldn't open for me from the link posted here. However,when I went to Glenn's site directly, I could access the store from there. I got the security warning at check out too.

Freypower
04-19-2012, 05:50 PM
Well, they didn't send me an email although I joined the mailing list. I want a Tshirt but surely I will be able to get one at the show!

ETA: Oh I see... the email is from eaglesband.com.

timfan
04-19-2012, 07:11 PM

Times I hate living in Ireland :brickwall:

GA When I clicked the posted link I got the same message as you but when I went to Glenn's site and clicked on the store link there it opened fine.. no idea why! Hope that works for you too :)

ETA: I didn't get an email either... am I to understand that the email was from Eaglesband and not Glenn's site?

Freypower
04-19-2012, 07:13 PM
GA When I clicked the posted link I got the same message as you but when I went to Glenn's site and clicked on the store link there it opened fine.. no idea why! Hope that works for you too :)

ETA: I didn't get an email either... am I to understand that the email was from Eaglesband and not Glenn's site?

Yes; see my edited post above.

GlennLover
04-19-2012, 10:04 PM
I didn't get an e mail from Glenn's site or Eaglesband.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-19-2012, 10:15 PM
HH got hers this morning. I got mine late this afternoon. If you all remember the email with all the spelling errors from eaglesband last fall? I think it took some of us days to all get that email.

Glennsallnighter
04-20-2012, 03:43 AM
Thanks for the heads up to try eaglesband!

Yep! I got the email from eagles and later as well. I've ordered the vinyl (as I have the other 4 albums on vinyl it would be a pity not to have this) and t-shirt pack. Quite reasonably priced too!

The big thrill was getting the email back from the store. In the sender bit it says 'Glenn Frey'.

Like ooh, I got an email from Glenn :heart: Frey!

VAisForEagleLovers
04-20-2012, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the heads up to try eaglesband!

Yep! I got the email from eagles and later as well. I've ordered the vinyl (as I have the other 4 albums on vinyl it would be a pity not to have this) and t-shirt pack. Quite reasonably priced too!

The big thrill was getting the email back from the store. In the sender bit it says 'Glenn Frey'.

Like ooh, I got an email from Glenn :heart: Frey!

OK, now I'm a little worried. I didn't get any such email. I have a printed order confirmation, but no email. Hmmm.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-20-2012, 06:46 PM
His website sent me an email that the certificate problem was solved. It is, sort of. There's still a certificate error, but it doesn't stop you from going to the next screen.

Glennsallnighter
05-08-2012, 03:22 PM
I got an email from the online store a few minutes ago offering me a free download of the album as I had bought a bundle (vinyl +t-shirt). Considering that iTunes and amazon downloads didn't work for me I won't hold my breath!

Amaze me Glenn :heart:

Perfect Little Sister
05-08-2012, 09:44 PM
Isn't it fun to look at your inbox and see an email from Glenn Frey tho? lol

GlennLover
05-08-2012, 10:18 PM
I signed up for emails when Glenn's site 1st went up but I haven't gotten any yet. Could it be because I am in Canada?

VAisForEagleLovers
05-08-2012, 10:27 PM
I haven't gotten one, either, other than from the store to tell me about the free download since I ordered the vinyl, and they probably got that email from the order.

Glennsallnighter
05-09-2012, 03:47 AM

I know! It's brilliant. Sends a real thrill through me!

GlennLover
05-09-2012, 06:08 PM

I want to get one! :weep:

TimothyBFan
05-10-2012, 08:23 AM
Random thought: When they were discussing promotion for this album and setting up an online store, do you think Glenn said something to the effect of "we know we'll at least sell a bunch of stuff to those ladies on The Border, if no one else". :hilarious:

GlennLover
05-10-2012, 08:55 AM
Random thought: When they were discussing promotion for this album and setting up an online store, do you think Glenn said something to the effect of "we know we'll at least sell a bunch of stuff to those ladies on The Border, if no one else". :hilarious:

Oh, I'm sure he did! ;)

Glennsallnighter
05-10-2012, 09:41 AM
Yep! He knows where his support base is! Actually, I think he should do an exclusive After Hours concert in an intimate venue purely for the Borderers!

Brooke
05-10-2012, 09:54 AM
Yep! He knows where his support base is! Actually, I think he should do an exclusive After Hours concert in an intimate venue purely for the Borderers!

Oh yeah! I like that idea! :nod:

GlennLover
05-10-2012, 10:20 AM

Oh, GA, could you just imagine it! Oh, my, my!!! :thud:

Glennsallnighter
05-10-2012, 03:19 PM
And as this would be a 'personal invitation' from a 'friend' there is no way I would let my boss refuse!

GlennLover
05-10-2012, 03:33 PM
And as this would be a 'personal invitation' from a 'friend' there is no way I would let my boss refuse!

Right on! :thumbsup: