PDA

View Full Version : Jonathan Frid of Dark Shadows passes away at 87

TimothyBFan
04-20-2012, 06:54 AM
I figure many of you here remember Dark Shadows. He lived a long life but still sad.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/20/arts/television/jonathan-frid-ghoulish-dark-shadows-star-dies-at-87.html?_r=1

Hubby & I were just talking about Dark Shadows the other night after seeing the trailer for the Dark Shadows movie that's coming out.

Brooke
04-20-2012, 02:51 PM
I used to love it. It would come on just as I was getting home from school and it would be something to do to unwind from the hectic junior high day! lol

I'd like to see the new movie. Maybe.

Glennsallnighter
04-20-2012, 06:44 PM
I was never familiar with Dark Shadows, but the passing of anybody is still sad. My sympathies to his family. May he Rest in Peace.

GlennLover
04-20-2012, 07:45 PM
We didn't get Dark Shadows, but I remember reading about it & all the cast in the teem magazines. I didn't know that Jonathan was Canadian. May he rest in peace.

Windeagle
04-20-2012, 10:39 PM
I was never allowed to watch Dark Shadows because my mom said it would give me nightmares. I was only 4 or 5 at the time. Occasionally, I was able to sneak in an episode if mom was outside, and sure enough, I almost always had bad dreams.

pueblo47
04-20-2012, 11:15 PM
Never watched it. Something about vampires turns me off. Never have seen any of the Twilight movies for the same reason. Now werewolves are different. Them I like:partytime:

pueblo47
04-20-2012, 11:19 PM
Forgot to add my condolences to his passing.

Ive always been a dreamer
04-21-2012, 01:08 PM
I was never a real fan of Dark Shadows, but MANY of my schoolmates were. The show was definitely popular back in the day and Jonathan's character, Barnabas Collins, was the most ghoulish and memorable of them all. Given the recent events of so many leaving us before their times, I'm glad Jonathan lived such a rich, full, and long life.

R.I.P. Jonathan.

Lisa
04-21-2012, 08:18 PM
Dark Shadows. Just think of all of the foggy scenic nights, the outdoors running rendezvous, the hypnotic eyes at the mantel, --and all of the Gothic romance. True Love. Barnabas Colllins has long departed to find Angelique.

lizzyplays
04-22-2012, 08:13 AM
I don't like vampires either, but I did find Dark Shadows intriguing as a kid. I am sorry to hear of Frid's passing. We seem to be losing quite a few cultural and iconic people so far, this year.

I just saw the previews for the new Depp version of Dark Shadows and I want to see that indeed! I'm a huge Depp fan and think that he's brilliant in these kinds of character roles so I'm quite excited about it.