PDA

View Full Version : How far?

zeldabjr
04-21-2012, 11:31 PM
just wondering...what is the furthest anyone has travelled to go see the boys...that we know of...

zelda

sodascouts
04-21-2012, 11:41 PM
Despite the degree of my Eaglemania, I've never traveled outside of the continental United States of America to see them with the exception of a few quite memorable jaunts across the Canadian border. ;) I did see them while in the UK in 2006; however, since that trip was not just to see the Eagles but rather a research trip timed to coincidence with their shows there, I don't think it really counts. It was still a thrill to see them in another country, though!

We definitely have Borderers who have traveled further... I'll leave it to them to speak up!

zeldabjr
04-22-2012, 12:22 AM
Despite the degree of my Eaglemania, I've never traveled outside of the continental United States of America to see them with the exception of a few quite memorable jaunts across the Canadian border. ;) I did see them while in the UK in 2006; however, since that trip was not just to see the Eagles but rather a research trip timed to coincidence with their shows there, I don't think it really counts. It was still a thrill to see them in another country, though!

We definitely have Borderers who have traveled further... I'll leave it to them to speak up!

Oh I hope they do... I'd love to hear.
zelda

Glennsallnighter
04-22-2012, 07:28 AM
Well I travelled from Ireland (yep, not Iceland :wink:) to Nagara Falls Canada last August to see Glenn :heart: solo. And I'll do similar this summer if he releases any post May dates. But others have come from further afield!

timfan
04-22-2012, 07:58 AM
I traveled from Canada to the UK in 2006. That is the farthest I have ever gone for the boys and it was defianately an enjoyable trip :)

Ive always been a dreamer
04-22-2012, 05:41 PM
I've traveled to California several times to see Glenn play golf and perform benefit shows with his son. Of course, I've also been to Canada several times for Glenn's solo shows. Still not as far as some others have traveled. If the stars ever align properly, I would love to combine a visit to Europe with an Eagles' European tour.

Freypower
04-22-2012, 06:32 PM
I believe I take the prize, don't I? I travelled from Sydney, Australia, to Niagara Falls last year, and next month I will again be travelling from Sydney to Los Angeles. Last year was further in terms of distance. I remember HH being impressed because I crossed the International Date Line.

If Glenn every did a solo show in London I would consider that. However, I would not go overseas to see the Eagles even if they revamped their setlist. I've seen them here often enough.

StephUK
04-22-2012, 08:17 PM
I've travelled from the UK to the US 4 times to see the Eagles and twice to see Don Henley. 3 of these trips were to California, which would be the furthest.