PDA

View Full Version : Glenn's Tour

Glennsallnighter
04-22-2012, 07:02 AM
Ive debated putting this in the 'ON The Road' forum or here. But because the pre concert thread is so cluttered with 3 Eagles doing solo tours I decided to put it here. Basically I'm wondering, for those Borderers doing multiple concerts who is going to which concerts?

Also, is it far from Englewood to Bethlehem? Could you do it in one day? Obviously Glenn :heart: will be able to....... Now there's an idea !

I'm toying with a plan (ok. I'm messing with my head). It would involve the co operation of my GP!

Kate! Where are ya when I need ya!

VAisForEagleLovers
04-22-2012, 09:40 AM
I am going to the show in DC and the show in Bethlehem. Googlemaps is telling me it takes just under two hours to get from Englewood to Bethlehem.

Glennsallnighter
04-22-2012, 10:00 AM
Thanks VA. if I went at all I think it would be Bethlehem and Foxwoods. I've ruled Englewood out. I'd need 3 days off around a weekend. Can't really see it happening

VAisForEagleLovers
04-22-2012, 10:06 AM
If someone would have offered a bet a month ago, I would have placed a lot of money on more dates being announced by now. I guess this is why I don't gamble with real money. Maybe we'll hear his take on it in the interview on Monday morning on KLOS.

Glennsallnighter
04-22-2012, 11:22 AM
That's the thing with me. If I even smelled dates in june, July or August I would hold off as it would be far less stressful. But right now, I don't. I made the right decision last year and I just hope I do again this year

sodascouts
04-22-2012, 03:15 PM
I'm going to four shows: Washington DC, Englewood, Bethlehem, and Foxwoods. I toyed with going to Los Angeles, but it looks like that's not going to happen. For every show I have second row! Woot!

VAisForEagleLovers
04-22-2012, 03:37 PM
GA, I predict that two hours after I buy a ticket for the Las Vegas show, Glenn will announce more shows. That's what happened with the Atlanta shows.

Ive always been a dreamer
04-22-2012, 06:00 PM
I'm planning on going to the same shows as Soda, although I still don't have a ticket for the Foxwoods show. I'm still crossing my fingers that some good tickets will drop. GA, that will be awesome if you can make it. Got my fingers and toes crossed that things will work out for you!

Freypower
04-22-2012, 06:17 PM
GA, I hope you can make it.

I'm going to the LA show & I have second row in the second section, but it seems quite close.

I'm disappointed that more dates haven't been announced too.

timfan
04-22-2012, 06:21 PM
I'm disappointed that more dates haven't been announced too.

As am I but there's still time so I haven't totally lost hope that we'll see more solo dates from Glenn

Windeagle
04-22-2012, 09:29 PM
I'm going to Foxwoods only. Hope you can make it, GA. It would be great to meet you.

Glennsallnighter
04-24-2012, 01:13 PM
Ok! I bit the bullet and asked my Principal. As expected he nearly laughed me out of the office! He said he could only give leave like that for something 'important'. Like a family wedding. So I asked him if I'd lied and said it was a wedding could I have gone? But he said he knew now it wasn't a wedding.

Anyway I pushed the thing that it's really only one day off as Sports Day doesn't count. He told me to put it in a request to the Board of Management and see what they say. But it will probably be 'no'

GlennLover
04-24-2012, 03:06 PM
Ok! I bit the bullet and asked my Principal. As expected he nearly laughed me out of the office! He said he could only give leave like that for something 'important'. Like a family wedding. So I asked him if I'd lied and said it was a wedding could I have gone? But he said he knew now it wasn't a wedding.

Anyway I pushed the thing that it's really only one day off as Sports Day doesn't count. He told me to put it in a request to the Board of Management and see what they say. But it will probably be 'no'

Can't blame a girl for trying! Fingers crossed that it will be a "yes"!!! :nod:

sodascouts
04-24-2012, 03:36 PM
One day off doesn't sound like so much to ask. Good luck!

PS It's always best never to lie in such situations, even if it means they aren't sympathetic. Lying to your boss is never a good idea!

Glennsallnighter
04-24-2012, 05:50 PM
Well I have never gone out on a limb for time off in 16 years. I will be very reluctant to do anything over and above my 'duty' if this is refused.

04-24-2012, 08:34 PM
GA - You did the right thing. Hopefully, your employer will recognize you for that and reward you with the time off. I really hope you can make the trip. :pray: :pray:

Henley Honey
04-24-2012, 08:47 PM
I've got my fingers crossed for you, GA. My car is all gassed up and I'll come and collect you at JFK Airport! Just say the word!

Koala
04-25-2012, 12:33 AM
GA, my Fingers crossed!

Glennsallnighter
04-25-2012, 05:11 AM
Well thanks everyone but I've been told 'no'. So that's the end of that.

Someday in the near or far future I will be asked to do something for the school that goes over and beyond the call of duty. And guess what? I'll say 'no' too.

I can't say much now. I'm hurting too much inside.

TimothyBFan
04-25-2012, 07:19 AM
I'm very sorry to hear that, GA. I'm truly amazed that after 16 years and never asking for something like that before, they couldn't find it in them to let you have 1 day off. :hug:

Glennsallnighter
04-25-2012, 08:52 AM
I'm very sorry to hear that, GA. I'm truly amazed that after 16 years and never asking for something like that before, they couldn't find it in them to let you have 1 day off. :hug:

Thanks Willie! It was one day and Sports Day. I don't do sport. The board said I would miss too many classes. Thats 6 classes in total. I had already agreed to make up the time.
Then to add insult to injury my dearly beloved principal (up to this morning) decided to announce his retirement at the end of the year. I'm sure he noticed I didn't shake his hand. I can't yet. He could have done this.

Henley Honey
04-25-2012, 09:27 AM
That's awful, GA. I was so hoping you would be able to make the trip!
I'll still hold out hope for you for some additional shows -- maybe Fallsview again -- so don't let it get you down.

Shake his hand? I don't think so. Chip in for a retirement gift? I don't think so. Give him a boot in the a$$ on his last day? Absolutely.

Brooke
04-25-2012, 09:51 AM
Ga, I'm so sorry this didn't work out for you. Yeah, don't think I could be very nice to your principal either at this point.

Maybe there is a silver lining in that cloud-Glenn alluded in the interview that he just might plan something across the pond that, maybe, would work out for you. Here's hoping.

sodascouts
04-25-2012, 02:38 PM
I'm terribly sorry, GA. How unfair.

04-25-2012, 07:12 PM
Oh Lisa - I am so sorry about this. It amazes me how some people in management positions can be so short-sighted. It's not that hard to figure out that happy workers who feel appreciated are more motivated to go above and beyond. :sigh: Oh well, keep your chin up, girl and think about what Joanie said. :hug:

Freypower
04-25-2012, 07:13 PM
I'm sorry about it too, GA.

timfan
04-25-2012, 07:46 PM
Lisa I am sorry you won't be able to make these shows but with Glenn's recent comments, he'll hopefully be coming to you!

GlennLover
04-25-2012, 08:32 PM
Oh, Lisa! :scowl: :weep::weep:I'm sorry! But maybe it was meant to be. As many others said, there may well be even better opportunities, to see Glenn, coming! :singer::smile:

Troubadour
04-26-2012, 09:33 AM
Yep, I know how are upset you are, Lis, but try to keep your chin up - life is funny and sometimes things work out in ways we didn't expect. I really believe this could leave an opening for an even better opportunity! Try not to get too disheartened. I'm sure your time will come. :hug: In the meantime, fantasize about stapling things to Frank's head. Seems to work for me!

Glennsallnighter
04-26-2012, 06:00 PM
Lol! Troub, that idea definitely cheered me up! I'd love him to know the things people have been saying both on and off the Border about him.

OK. Time for plan B.

Does anybody know of any science, maths or education fairs or conferences that will be on in the vicinity of any of these gigs the weekend 18th to 21st May?

Topkat
04-27-2012, 04:55 PM
When I looked up tickets for Glenn's NY show for May 9th. the tickets were like $120. with the Ticketmaster cost, I think it was $141.00. I think the balcony seats were about $85. Are the tickets that expensive for all Glenn's shows? I thought that was high.
Tickets for Timothy are $35, plus a minimum at the tables (they have food & drinks there) I am going to TBS show, but will have to pass on Glenn's show because there are a lot of shows I want to see this summer!!
I was just wondering if all the shows for Glenn were that expensive? He
is playing at a theater, that isn't too big here.

sodascouts
04-27-2012, 05:23 PM
I think the lowest I've seen Glenn charge for the good seats, not counting benefits, is $90. $100-$120 is pretty typical (including TM fees).

Freypower
04-27-2012, 05:38 PM
The ticket for the LA show was $100. That was the top price; there were cheaper seats than that.

Henley Honey
04-27-2012, 05:57 PM
The tickets for Town Hall in NYC and Bergen Performing Arts Center In NJ including ticketmaster fees were $145.00.

sodascouts
04-27-2012, 06:21 PM
Here are the price ranges for the shows so far, including TM fees:

New York, NY
Cheap seats: $102
Best seats: $144

Washington DC
Cheap seats: $70
Best seats: $143

Englewood, NJ
Cheap seats: $59
Best seats: $123

Bethlehem, PA (this one gets ugly)
Cheap seats: $74
Best seats: $170

Foxwoods, CT
Cheap seats: $82
Best seats: $92

Los Angeles, CA
Cheap seats: $60
Best seats: $101

TOUR AVERAGE
Cheap seats: $75
Best seats: $129

Topkat
04-27-2012, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the information. I thought it was just NY that had these prices, but I guess that it's all over. Really cost a lot to get to concerts these days. I guess I'm lucky that Timothy's show is a bit more reasonable, but if you end up eating & drinking there it ends up about $75.-$100.
There are a lot of shows I want to see this summer & it's going to be tough because right now I'm not working, so I can't really afford all that I want to see!!! I guess I'll just wait for the Eagles show....and I'll just be seeing Glenn in my dreams!!! LOL :pimp:

04-27-2012, 09:16 PM
Yeah Glenn's shows are pricey, but I find it hard to pass up an opportunity to see Sugar. :wink: If it wasn't for my stupid job, I'd go to all of them. No, that's not right - if it wasn't for my stupid job, I wouldn't be able to go to any of them. :confused: I feel very fortunate that I can afford them now because there was definitely a time when I couldn't.

Windeagle
04-27-2012, 10:00 PM
I can afford to go to one, but I can't justify more than that, especially since I'm seeing Joe as well in August. The Kid starts college this fall so I have to keep my priorities in order.

Topkat
04-27-2012, 10:49 PM
I really want to see Joe too, but so far nothing is close enough for me to get to. I am hoping he will post a few more dates.

sodascouts
04-27-2012, 11:13 PM
Yeah, money is a consideration. I am also very lucky that I can afford to go to so many shows, but even I have to draw the line somewhere!

EaglesKiwi
04-28-2012, 06:05 AM
Aaarh, money and employers just make me wanna go :yuck:and :censored:.

Lisa, I'm really sorry you couldn't get time off in May. I will be sending positive thoughts for more Glenn shows later in the year that you can get to. May as well get some mileage out of the (almost) eternal optimism! :hilarious:

prayfordaylight
04-28-2012, 06:48 PM
The ticket prices for Bethlehem are a little skewed because they just added $150 suite level seats in the back of the venue. They're definitely less in front of the stage.

04-29-2012, 01:08 PM
Personally, I'll take the front of the stage instead of a suite any day. :thumbsup:

Glennsallnighter
04-29-2012, 06:25 PM
So would I Dreamer!

I'm not dead and buried yet. After a weekend of 'Soul Searchin'' I have decided to take an appeal to the Board against the refusal of my leave. I have drafted the letter over the past hour or so and feel that I have some good grounds for appeal. the only thing against me is time. There will not be another formal Board meeting again before the gigs so once again the ball is in Franks court.

But I'm not going down without a fight.

Even if he still refuses it he will know how upset I was about it. Its not going to disappear into the background like it doesnt matter any more.

prayfordaylight
04-29-2012, 10:14 PM
Good for you GA! Hope it turns out well!

Glennsallnighter
05-01-2012, 08:23 AM
As expected it didn't. It was a long shot anyway! I have been told my appeal will be heard at the meeting on 22nd May. Franks teaching subjects were English and Spanish. Not Maths. It doesn't take a genius to realise that by the time the appeal is heard the gigs that i couldnhave made will be over.

:depressed::depressed::brickwall::brickwall:

I just hope Glenn :heart: knows I tried.