PDA

View Full Version : Chris Ethridge of the Flying Burito Brothers dies at age 65

Topkat
04-23-2012, 06:21 PM
Just read this article on bass player Chris Ethridge passing. Very sad news. Many lost rockers this year

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/chris-ethridge-dead/

sodascouts
04-23-2012, 07:02 PM
Oh no! How sad! I wonder if Bernie will make some kind of statement?

Topkat
04-23-2012, 07:45 PM
It's possible Bernie may make a statement, but you never know. I'm sure he will be attending any services for him. Very upsetting news

Ive always been a dreamer
04-23-2012, 09:26 PM
Very sad. R.I.P. Chris.

Troubadour
04-24-2012, 11:21 AM
We are losing many great musicians already this year... So sad. Rest in peace, Chris.

TimothyBFan
04-24-2012, 12:36 PM
We are losing many great musicians already this year... So sad. Rest in peace, Chris.

Very true and it really, really, really, scares the heck out of me!!!!!

GlennLover
04-24-2012, 03:08 PM
Very true and it really, really, really, scares the heck out of me!!!!!

It scares me too!!!

sodascouts
04-24-2012, 03:27 PM
Just curious - Why does it scare you?

Troubadour
04-24-2012, 03:53 PM
Answering for myself... It's just so sad to be losing a whole generation of people who made the music we all love. It scares me when I think of the other people we will lose in the coming months and years (artists whom I love and who mean an enormous amount to me), which is why I try not to think about that very often. I know it's a part of life, but it just sucks. It's hard to acknowledge that your musical heroes are getting old and passing away.

sodascouts
04-24-2012, 04:24 PM
I see. That doesn't so much scare me as it depresses me... I don't want to think about it either!

GlennLover
04-24-2012, 10:49 PM
Answering for myself... It's just so sad to be losing a whole generation of people who made the music we all love. It scares me when I think of the other people we will lose in the coming months and years (artists whom I love and who mean an enormous amount to me), which is why I try not to think about that very often. I know it's a part of life, but it just sucks. It's hard to acknowledge that your musical heroes are getting old and passing away.

I think that losing so many in a relatively short time really brings this home. It's scary to think of who might be next.

TimothyBFan
04-25-2012, 07:27 AM
Exactly!! It's been a rough couple of weeks. It scares and depresses me.

Topkat
04-25-2012, 10:37 AM
This really scares me too.... These guys that are dying are not that old. I mean that is scary. Many people live into their 80's & 90's these days, so seeing these guys die so young is upsetting, and depressing.

Glennsallnighter
05-03-2012, 09:46 AM
I think that losing so many in a relatively short time really brings this home. It's scary to think of who might be next.

I try not to think like that...... It scares me too!