PDA

View Full Version : Glenn on Access Hollywood May 7th

Topkat
05-07-2012, 11:15 AM
Glenn is on Access Hollywood today. NBC 11 am Eastern time. Waiting to see him right now. Tune in. He hasn't been on yet!

TimothyBFan
05-07-2012, 11:20 AM
Glenn is on Access Hollywood today. NBC 11 am Eastern time. Waiting to see him right now. Tune in. He hasn't been on yet!

It's syndicated so not all NBC channels have it on at 11 EST. On my local NBC channel, it's not on till 1:00 pm EST today and on the Chicago affiliate it's on at 11:00 am CST which is 12:00 pm EST where I am.

ETA: Might I say how lucky I am to be in this area where I get my local channels here in northern/western Indiana but also get all the Chicago stations?!? I get to see it all 2 times! LOL

Topkat
05-07-2012, 11:52 AM
Just saw Glenn's interview on Access! They played "The Heat Is On" He talked about the new album, golf, his children. He looked fantastic. Showed a clip of him singing, but he did not do a full performance. Announced his tour! Good interview though

prayfordaylight
05-07-2012, 11:57 AM
Awesome. I did remember to tape Access at least so I'll see it when I get home from work later.

sodascouts
05-07-2012, 07:30 PM
I just watched the other segment of Access Hollywood, the part about "Hotel California." Apparently it's part of a series they're doing on "explaining" legendary songs. Here on my channel at least, the other part about After Hours airs tomorrow.

Many of us have heard all of this before, but Glenn was quite adorable spelling 'em out for the guy, so it's all good!

The factoids he gave:

"Colitas" is the top of a marijuana plant - "our secret way of saying the guy was lightin' up."
"Tiffany-twisted" means that "she likes Rodeo Drive; she likes the nice things in life... the really nice things."
"Steely knives" is a nod towards Steely Dan, a reciprocation of Steely Dan's mention of the Eagles in their song "Everything You Did" (their lyrics are "Turn up the Eagles; the neighbors are listening").
"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave" - refers to the fact that "we're prisoners of paradise. How many Hollywood stars have tried to leave Hollywood only to come back? You may never leave, baby!"

That's the end of the segment. The host calls Glenn "such a cool guy" and then says they will talk more about his new album tomorrow, although obviously you guys have already seen it!

GlennLover
05-07-2012, 08:38 PM
I was so glad to hear that I didn't miss the After Hours part & can see it tomorrow! Glad they gave a plug for the album tonight. That's the second host in this round of interviews that mentioned what a cool guy he is, but we know that already! 8-)

VAisForEagleLovers
05-07-2012, 08:45 PM
I just watched the other segment of Access Hollywood, the part about "Hotel California." Apparently it's part of a series they're doing on "explaining" legendary songs. Here on my channel at least, the other part about After Hours airs tomorrow.

Many of us have heard all of this before, but Glenn was quite adorable spelling 'em out for the guy, so it's all good!

The factoids he gave:

"Colitas" is the top of a marijuana plant - "our secret way of saying the guy was lightin' up."
"Tiffany-twisted" means that "she likes Rodeo Drive; she likes the nice things in life... the really nice things."
"Steely knives" is a nod towards Steely Dan, a reciprocation of Steely Dan's mention of the Eagles in their song "Everything You Did" (their lyrics are "Turn up the Eagles; the neighbors are listening").
"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave" - refers to the fact that "we're prisoners of paradise. How many Hollywood stars have tried to leave Hollywood only to come back? You may never leave, baby!"

That's the end of the segment. The host calls Glenn "such a cool guy" and then says they will talk more about his new album tomorrow, although obviously you guys have already seen it!

Hmmm....he said something a little different on the last two at the songwriter's master session last fall...

Brooke
05-08-2012, 09:57 AM
Oh great, I will get to see the AH part tomorrow. I tried to find the second show at 10 and couldn't, so was afraid it wouldn't be on. I did see the HC version and he looked and sounded great. :nod:

Topkat
05-08-2012, 10:17 AM
I was surprised that there were 2 different Glenn episodes on AH yesterday. Loved them both, but Glenn's explanation of HC had me learn a few things I didn't know, like about the "colitas", I never knew what that was about!