PDA

View Full Version : New Breed CD with bonus material to be released!

timfan
05-03-2007, 09:22 PM
Well we may not yet have new Eagles music or a Tim solo album but....

According to this website http://www.60sgaragebands.com/newsnuggets.html Frantic Records is set to release a New Breed CD (the band Timothy was in before Poco). On this page they list May(as in this month!!) as the potential release date. :D http://www.60sgaragebands.com/newsnuggets/releasedates.html It's a CD entitled The New Breed Wants YOU!! and contains 24 tracks recorded in the mid to late 60's. Even some bonus tunes from 'Glad' !

According to the site there will also be bonus material of New Breed video segments and a booklet with LOTS of Pictures :D

I am ONE happy timFAN today!! :smitten:

sodascouts
05-03-2007, 09:27 PM
How awesome is that?! Thanks for the news, TF!

Brooke
05-04-2007, 04:08 PM
That's cool news timfan! :D

sodascouts
05-05-2007, 01:42 PM
BTW - I wonder if this could also be a precursor to the release of "Glad"? Wouldn't that be ideal!

tbs fanatic
05-07-2007, 03:59 PM
Oh yeah! That sounds great :D

timfan
05-29-2007, 11:18 PM
Guess what!!! I received my New Breed Wants You CD today!! :D 8) yay!!! (can you tell I'm a just a bit excited lol)

It has tons of new Tim pics! :D

SweetHolly
05-29-2007, 11:21 PM
That's cool. :D 8)

timfan
05-31-2007, 11:25 AM
BTW for anyone who may want to pick up the New Breed Wants You CD :)

Karen has the ordering info on her website http://geocities.com/tbsfans/

sodascouts
05-31-2007, 02:37 PM
Thanks, timfan. I'm going to pick that up.

tbs fanatic
05-31-2007, 06:06 PM
I am so jealous, timfan. I must pick that up. Do you have to order it or could I walk in my local record store and pick it up?

timfan
05-31-2007, 06:44 PM
I must pick that up. Do you have to order it or could I walk in my local record store and pick it up?

Right now, the CD is not available in stores. It really is a fabulous CD and Booklet!! So I would definately recommend ordering it! :D

Here's the ordering info ( from Karens site):

Price: $20 postpaid worldwide

E-Mail/PayPal address: barbarousrelics@sbcglobal.net

Payment address for checks and money orders: Jade Hubertz 111 North Sheridan Avenue Indianapolis, IN 46219-6123 USA Credit Cards also accepted (Visa/MC/Discover/Amex), shipping address must match billing address and 3-digit verification # on back of card will be required.

Ive always been a dreamer
05-31-2007, 08:26 PM
Thanks for all the info, tf. If I didn't know better, I'd think you were excited! :wink: Are you going to be scanning those new pics for us to see??? 8)

timfan
06-03-2007, 06:38 PM
Here's the cover from the New Breed Wants You album

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c80/timmyfan/File0002-1.jpg

If you want to see more of the FANTABULOUS rare photos contained in the New Breed Wants You booklet, you'll have to order the CD!! :P :wink: :D

JOEY D
06-03-2007, 07:13 PM
BTW - I wonder if this could also be a precursor to the release of "Glad"? Wouldn't that be ideal!

Hi guys...My first time here, so I guess I should introduce myself. I'm Joey D the guy who put out the new NEW BREED cd on my label Frantic Records out of Sacramento, Ca. I'm sure you Timothy B. fans will love this cd for the music and all the great unseen/unknown photos. The cd also has the GREEN EYED WOMAN video from the Malibu U. TV show (circa 1967) and 2 others short videos of the BREED!!! As some of you may know, the NEW BREED name was changed to GLAD after the GLAD LP was recorded (Without their knowledge) and they were never happy with the finished LP, or their new shorter haircuts. To be frank, half of the GLAD LP isn't very good. And to answer SodaScouts question. I've taken the 5 best (good) GLAD tracks and added them to the end of the NEW BREED cd. Alec Palao of Ace Records and I spent years pulling all this together and we want you to know that it has been a true labour of love. I sure hope you guys like the CD 8)

timfan
06-03-2007, 07:35 PM
Welcome to the Border Joey D! :D We're glad you've joined us.

Thanks for the info on the new CD and Glad LP. I did not know that the New Breed had their name changed without their knowledge. I can definately see how that would make them unhappy.

sodascouts
06-03-2007, 09:18 PM
Welcome to the Border, Joey! Thanks for answering my question. I am definitely going to place an order!

tbs fanatic
06-04-2007, 12:38 PM
Oh, that is so interesting. Welcome Joey D. What catapulted you into putting this together?

JOEY D
06-04-2007, 12:56 PM
Oh, that is so interesting. Welcome Joey D. What catapulted you into putting this together?
I've spent years collecting and unearthing Nor-Cal obscure 6ts rock 'n roll. I have released 3 other cds and have another 7 or 8 coming by the end of summer. The NEW BREED stuff had been re-issued back in the 80's and was so poorly thrown together that I felt that I had to re-do it properly. Of course all the killer photos/negatives that I came across made for a killer set. :wink:

timfan
06-04-2007, 03:03 PM
Of course all the killer photos/negatives that I came across made for a killer set. :wink:

The photos sure are spectacular! But what makes the photos even better is the eye catching way you've laid them out within the booklet :D .

JOEY D
06-04-2007, 03:23 PM
Of course all the killer photos/negatives that I came across made for a killer set. :wink:

The photos sure are spectacular! But what makes the photos even better is the eye catching way you've laid them out within the booklet :D .
Thanx a lot...Wouldn't it be cool if the major labels would go the extra mile on their re-issues. :wink:

tbs fanatic
06-04-2007, 05:04 PM
OMG - I have to get this. ASAP!!!!!

timfan
06-13-2007, 09:34 PM
I have just been listening to the New Breed Wants You! CD again.. and I have to say it's FANTASTIC!! :D It's so neat to hear a young Timothy singing away, without a care in the world :guitar:

timfan
08-16-2009, 04:46 PM
Well I just found something on Youtube that made me want to resurrect this thread... a video of Timothy accepting a commemorative 45 EP of early Sacramento rock bands from the mayor of Sacramento at the SAMCC Open House in 2007. This is also when Joey D released the New Breed Cd so Joey D is also featured.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut4vHmdGUnE

One thing I found very interesting is you can see how uncomfortable Tim was at this event because even though the whole New Breed band was there, he was the only one called up or acknowledged by the mayor.. a sticky position for him for sure!

luvthelighthouse
08-16-2009, 04:54 PM
I saw the video a while ago and it made me uncomfortable to watch it! It's funny, because when he's on stage, he seems so at ease...but here in a small setting, he's looks totally uncomfortable!

sodascouts
08-16-2009, 10:37 PM
I don't think I've seen this before - thanks for posting it, TF!

UK TimFan
03-02-2011, 11:06 AM
Having finally got my old PayPal account sorted, I've been able to order the New Breed CD. Promptly dispatched by Joey, it arrived this morning, and I now have a new Tim song to cry over every time I listen to it. (This is the nearest smilie I could find for 'embarrassed' :blush: ).
Even more embarrassing is that the song has been around, and seemingly well-known, since 1965 having been written by Randy Newman and sung by Cilla Black (Liverpudlian singer from the Beatles era for those who've never heard of her) and Dusty Springfield, though I can't say I've ever heard it before. 'I've been wrong before' is just :thud:

It's a shame that there are no song-writing credits on the CD because to me 'The sound of the music' sounds like an early version of 'A good day', so I would love to know if Tim wrote it. (Suppose I can always write and ask him!)

If there are any Tim fans who have yet to buy this CD - do. Even if you don't love the whole album, there'll be several songs that you'll be pleased you've got, and it's so interesting to hear Tim's 'early' voice. And if it's him singing on 'Bald headed woman' then you can hear shades of 'White boy from Sacramento'.

And to Joey D - thank you for all the work you did in compiling this album and booklet. Great job. :bow:

Ive always been a dreamer
03-02-2011, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the reminder UK TF. Looks like I may have to order this. :thumbsup:

sodascouts
03-02-2011, 11:44 PM
Definitely!

Victim of Love
03-08-2011, 05:10 PM
Order this on Thursday and received it today. WHAT A FIND!!! Amazing how Tim's voice was such a stand-out even back then...impossible to miss!

UK TimFan, just an FYI in case nobody mentioned it before...the writing credits are included in the insert (inside back page) and Tim IS one of the writers on The Sound of Music.

UK TimFan
03-08-2011, 09:12 PM
Order this on Thursday and received it today. WHAT A FIND!!! Amazing how Tim's voice was such a stand-out even back then...impossible to miss!

UK TimFan, just an FYI in case nobody mentioned it before...the writing credits are included in the insert (inside back page) and Tim IS one of the writers on The Sound of Music.
I am so pleased that you're enjoying the CD. :smile:

And many thanks for the heads-up about the song-writing credits. Can't think how I managed to miss them - can only think I got interrupted before I got quite to the end of the booklet and later thought I had read it all. :doh: