PDA

View Full Version : Glenn on Jimmy Kimmel tonight May 9th

Topkat
05-09-2012, 06:50 PM
Don't forget to watch Glenn performing tonight on JIMMY KIMMEL LIVE at midnight on ABC...He will probably be on at the end of the show, but who knows, they may do an interview!!

zeldabjr
05-10-2012, 12:29 AM
wish they'd put the musical guest on first tonight!:yawn:

GlennLover
05-10-2012, 12:56 AM
Me too! Did you see the short clip with Glenn holding on to the mic stand? L-o-o-k-i-ng g-o-o-d!!!

Freypower
05-10-2012, 01:11 AM
Me too! Did you see the short clip with Glenn holding on to the mic stand? L-o-o-k-i-ng g-o-o-d!!!

Love that 'holding onto the mic stand' stuff. That kills me. :shy: It would be nice though if he did a different song to Route 66. :smokin:

GlennLover
05-10-2012, 01:12 AM
Love that 'holding onto the mic stand' stuff. That kills me. :shy: It would be nice though if he did a different song to Route 66. :smokin:

He did The Shadow of Your Smile and did a wonderful job!

Freypower
05-10-2012, 01:13 AM
Oh MAN. I cannot wait. Oh...... :thud:

GlennLover
05-10-2012, 01:27 AM
Oh MAN. I cannot wait. Oh...... :thud:

He looked particularly gorgeous tonight! (I know it was taped a number of days ago.) :fainting::heart::heart::heart:

lizzyplays
05-10-2012, 06:28 AM
Missed the show but caught the vid on YouTube. OMG he looked and sounded amazing!! :love:

Topkat
05-10-2012, 07:20 AM
The people in the studio audience usually get a 5 song set, but they only air 1 song on the show. Jimmy Kimmel has a video channel where they have all the songs. They had this when Adam Lambert was on & you could see all the songs on video. I will look for the ones with Glenn. If anyone finds the link, please post it.

Topkat
05-10-2012, 07:27 AM
Here is Shadow of your Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUa6vGFO9ty8v5KZJXQxdhaw&feature=player_detailpage&v=oDfqYOxB4ps

prayfordaylight
05-10-2012, 07:51 AM
When and if they are uploaded, they'll be here: http://abc.go.com/shows/jimmy-kimmel-live/video

Victim of Love
05-10-2012, 09:17 AM
Loved, loved LOVED listening to Glenn lastnight and really loved the song! As I said in another thread, I really think his voice is well-suited to these old standards. Would now love to see Joe do a couple of TV appearances to promote Analog Man. Keeping my fingers crossed.

sodascouts
05-10-2012, 03:44 PM
It's up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDfqYOxB4ps&list=UUa6vGFO9ty8v5KZJXQxdhaw&index=3&feature=plcp

Topkat
05-10-2012, 03:52 PM
We were wondering if there were any other songs. I already posted TSOYS. I was thinking he may have done another song that wasn't shown on TV because they usually do more than 1 song on JK. They have a small concert area. I have been there & the musical act usually plays a little mini concert. I didn't find anything else, so maybe he just did that one song.:headscratch: but I have a feeling that he did more than 1 and it hasn't shown up yet.

Freypower
05-10-2012, 05:32 PM
That was magnificent, but they could have shown it from the very beginning.

Tori
05-11-2012, 08:47 PM
I was showing my mom this performance yesterday, and she told me she loves older music like Glenn does on After Hours, and she thought he performed it fantastically. Needless to say, tomorrow I'm going out Mother's Day shopping and I'm definitely getting the album for her!

Henley Honey
05-11-2012, 09:56 PM
Very sweet, Tori. And you can buy Analog Man for Father's Day!!

Henley Honey
05-11-2012, 10:02 PM
Thanks for posting that, Soda. VA and I were too busy trying to get the pictures and set list up from Town Hall and we missed it!!! :thud:

VAisForEagleLovers
05-11-2012, 10:07 PM
Thanks for posting that, Soda. VA and I were too busy trying to get the pictures and set list up from Town Hall and we missed it!!! :thud:

Watching was the first thing I did when I got home!

zeldabjr
05-13-2012, 07:47 PM
I told my friend who is an Eagles fan (also Glenn lover) to watch the show...she called me the next day very upset...She HATED it... I was really surprised...I was going to tell her hubby to buy her After Hours for mom's day...good thing I didn't...She told me she turned it off before he was even done singing...her quote "I couldn't stand seeing him singing like a lounge lizard...that's not the Glenn I wanna see"...oh well...so there is at least one person who's not on board with Glenn's passion.
zelda

Freypower
05-13-2012, 08:37 PM
I told my friend who is an Eagles fan (also Glenn lover) to watch the show...she called me the next day very upset...She HATED it... I was really surprised...I was going to tell her hubby to buy her After Hours for mom's day...good thing I didn't...She told me she turned it off before he was even done singing...her quote "I couldn't stand seeing him singing like a lounge lizard...that's not the Glenn I wanna see"...oh well...so there is at least one person who's not on board with Glenn's passion.
zelda

It's obvious that this album is not for people who believe he should only do Eagles type songs; in my opinion that is their loss.

GlennLover
05-13-2012, 08:42 PM
zelda

That's too bad that she hates it as Glenn is so enthusiastic about singing this music & obviously really enjoys doing so. :-(

GlennLover
05-13-2012, 08:43 PM
Julie, loooove your sig! Great work! :woah:

timfan
05-13-2012, 08:49 PM
It's obvious that this album is not for people who believe he should only do Eagles type songs; in my opinion that is their loss.

I totally agree FP. While this album is different from Eagles and his past solo material IMO it is a wonderful example of Glenn expanding his musical horizons.

GlennLover
05-13-2012, 08:58 PM
I love it! Even if you don't care for this type of music it is worthwhile to listen just to hear how amazing Glenn's voice is! You can really appreciate his versatility. I keep playing ot over & over again! :sigh:

zeldabjr
05-13-2012, 10:31 PM
I think you're right...he is very talented and can do so much more..obviously...I didn't think there were any Glenn fans out there that wouldn't like this new stuff..or at least give it a chance.
zelda

sodascouts
05-13-2012, 10:32 PM
There are people who can't stand this kind of music and even Glenn's voice isn't going to salvage it for them. Sounds like your friend fits into that category. Her loss!

Windeagle
05-13-2012, 10:41 PM
zelda

Maybe it was just the performance. I'll admit that even though I liked the CD, I've not been excited about the televised performances for it. I do consider myself a big Glenn fan, but it's more for his music than the visual, especially with this album.

I'm sure I'll enjoy the live show regardless, but even so, I'll be glad when he can bring back the jeans. JMO, of course. :)

Windeagle
05-13-2012, 10:53 PM
There are people who can't stand this kind of music and even Glenn's voice isn't going to salvage it for them. Sounds like your friend fits into that category. Her loss!

So far, I've seen three distinct reactions to this album:

1. Absolutely love it.
2. Absolutely despise it.
3. It's not my kind of music, but it's really good for what it is.

I fall into the third category. There doesn't seem to be much middle ground on the opinions. I'm sure Glenn expected a number of people to hate it, but he's been around long enough to have a pretty thick skin. I'll bet he's pleased by the number of people in Categories 1 and 3 though.

sodascouts
05-13-2012, 11:13 PM
Yeah, those are the reactions I've seen as well.

As far as the wardrobe choices, I figured he'd wear a suit, but I was hoping for snazzy suits like he wore in the video teaser rather than the traditional business suit that reminds me of my dad. Ah well, it's the voice that counts!

VAisForEagleLovers
05-13-2012, 11:24 PM
Zelda, it's a shame your friend has no wish to spread her musical horizons a bit. For myself, I definitely fall into category #1. I've listened to this kind of music all my life, and still do. I was a very happy camper when Glenn announced this CD!

Glennsallnighter
05-14-2012, 02:22 AM
I was showing my mom this performance yesterday, and she told me she loves older music like Glenn does on After Hours, and she thought he performed it fantastically. Needless to say, tomorrow I'm going out Mother's Day shopping and I'm definitely getting the album for her!

Good on you Tori! I think I'll get Dad a copy for Fathers day, I'm also getting one for Frank as a retirement present. I hope the irony won't be lost on him.

Brooke
05-14-2012, 03:35 PM

1. Absolutely love it.

I fall into the third category. There doesn't seem to be much middle ground on the opinions. I'm sure Glenn expected a number of people to hate it, but he's been around long enough to have a pretty thick skin. I'll bet he's pleased by the number of people in Categories 1 and 3 though.

As much as I love Glenn, it's not my cup of tea. It's ok for him to do this and I certainly won't hate him for it, but I'd rather hear rock & roll. I do think he does a great job and he sounds wonderful. It's just not something I'm going to listen to much.

GlennLover
05-14-2012, 04:27 PM
It's funny. I was trying to categorize the reactions I have heard & pretty much came up with the same ones. In case you haven't noticed, ;-) I fall into the first category!

Topkat
05-14-2012, 06:36 PM

1. Absolutely love it.

I also fall into category 3. This is not the kind of music that I would listen to on a regular basis. Once in awhile it's okay, but it is not my cup of tea.

Thing is, this is part of the reason I passed on seeing Glenn's NYC show. I knew he would be playing mostly this album since it has just come out & he's promoting it, and as much as I like Glenn, this wasn't what I really wanted to hear in concert. I'm sure it was a really wonderful show, and I'm sure it was especially nice with the orchestra, but like I said, it's just really not my thing. I was not familiar with most of the songs on the album.

Glennsallnighter
05-15-2012, 09:43 AM
I er......wonder what category I belong to.......???

GlennLover
05-15-2012, 10:21 AM
I er......wonder what category I belong to.......???

I wouldn't have a clue, GA! ;-)

Freypower
05-15-2012, 05:31 PM
I have it in the car, and I don't want to pre-empt my review, but I wonder if you can guess which category I'm in?!

http://freeemoticonsandsmileys.com/animated%20emoticons/Love%20Animated%20Emoticons/signals%20to%20you.gif http://freeemoticonsandsmileys.com/animated%20emoticons/Love%20Animated%20Emoticons/love%20with%20all%20my%20heart.gif

GlennLover
05-15-2012, 06:58 PM
I have it in the car, and I don't want to pre-empt my review, but I wonder if you can guess which category I'm in?!

http://freeemoticonsandsmileys.com/animated%20emoticons/Love%20Animated%20Emoticons/signals%20to%20you.gif http://freeemoticonsandsmileys.com/animated%20emoticons/Love%20Animated%20Emoticons/love%20with%20all%20my%20heart.gif

I would imagine that you are in category 3! ;)

Glennsallnighter
05-16-2012, 10:40 AM
I can stream this interview from youtube but cannot download it to keep. Any ideas?