PDA

View Full Version : BB Kings Blues Club NYC - 5/29

Topkat
05-29-2012, 11:26 PM
OMG...I just got back from the show!!! I had no idea Zelda was going. I would have met up with her. I didn't give her my cell number. I hope she got in because I think it was sold out. Tim said he had 2 flights cancelled on his way into NYC...He was AMAZING!!
I had a front row seat. He was right in front of me! I was havin' a freakin' heart attack. He played for almost 2 hours. I took a lot of pictures, but I have to go through them because some didn't come out that great. I even took some video....which I hope came out okay!!
He looked great. He was wearing a grey plaid shirt with black jeans & boots.

Koala
05-30-2012, 12:24 AM
Glad To hear you had a great Time!

Topkat
05-30-2012, 12:35 AM
Here's the set list from the show;

One More Mile
Feed the Fire
I Can't Tell You Why
Compassion
White Boy From Sacramento
Keep On Tryin'
What Am I Gonna Do
Band Intro
Parachute
I Don't Mind
Ella Jean
Downtime
Secular Praise
A Good Day
Encore:
I Don't Wanna Hear Anymore
Love Will Keep Us Alive

Tim was very talkative, telling lots of stories, was interactive with the audience. Talked about times & places he played in NY. I swear he was looking right at me sometime. I was just about freaking out. He looked gorgeous.:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::

TimothyBFan
05-30-2012, 07:25 AM
Absolutely love the fact that Zelda ended up catching a cab and trying to make the best of a bad situation. I sure hope she got in!!!! Can't wait to hear her story!!

Wonderful setlist. Anxious for the pictures.

Victim of Love
05-30-2012, 09:23 AM
So glad you had such a wonderful time TK, and looking forward to your pix.

Topkat
05-30-2012, 09:48 AM
I downloaded 2 videos to my Facebook page. "I Can't Tell You Why" and part of "Keep On Tryin" I tried to load them to You Tube, but was not able to. I am challenged here. Go to my Facebook page, Ellensue Stein. You may have to friend me to see them. I'm not sure.
Right now I'm recharging my battery, so nothing is loading.

I wonder if Zelda made it? Did anyone hear back from her? Timothy came on a little after 8:30, because there was an opening act. :rockguitar:

Brooke
05-30-2012, 11:42 AM
Tk, I'm so glad you had fun! Can't wait to see the pics! I don't do facebook, so I hope you can get some of them here.

zeldabjr
05-30-2012, 02:35 PM
Hi everyone...just got home from my unexpected "sweet Timothy B fest"...I don't know if this is the place to tell my story or not, but I can say that seeing him two nights in a row, especially when one was unexpected was absolutely delicious!:grin::blush::smitten::inlove:

TimothyBFan
05-31-2012, 08:36 AM
I asked this over in the DC thread also. Now that you've seen him live, is there one song that stood out to you? Maybe a song that you liked on Expando, but now that you've seen live, appreciate more so? Favorite song live?

zeldabjr
05-31-2012, 04:48 PM
I asked this over in the DC thread also. Now that you've seen him live, is there one song that stood out to you? Maybe a song that you liked on Expando, but now that you've seen live, appreciate more so? Favorite song live?

ditto from Washington post...also must say I thought I would love hearing "White Boy from Sacramento"...and he didn't disappoint...the song is a riot done live with his girls on back-up...also loved hearing the Poco songs as I am not as familiar with them. I am taking a friend with me to Pittsburgh next week who doesn't even know who he is and I was a little concerned whether or not she would like Timothy B...after seeing/hearing how really good he is live...I have no doubt she will fall in love with him too!

Topkat
05-31-2012, 05:07 PM

I think my favorite song live from Expando was "Parachute". I love that song, but my favorites from the live show were, "I Can't Tell You Why" and "Keep On Tryin'" Those are the 2 songs I most identify with Timothy. The whole show was amazing, but those 3 songs were my favorites.

Topkat
05-31-2012, 05:34 PM
Here are a few of my pictures from Tues night

zeldabjr
05-31-2012, 06:10 PM
Hi Topkat....I can't see the pics!...when I click on them it a screen comes up that says I don't have access to this page...:weep:...help!

Topkat
05-31-2012, 06:13 PM
Hi Topkat....I can't see the pics!...when I click on them it a screen comes up that says I don't have access to this page...:weep:...help!

Just double click on them, but you saw them, they are on my Facebook page:rockon: These are 5 of those

tbsfan
05-31-2012, 07:20 PM
Just double click on them, but you saw them, they are on my Facebook page:rockon: These are 5 of those

I can't see them either. Whether I single or double-click, I'm getting the same "no access" page. And I don't do Facebook.

Topkat
05-31-2012, 07:30 PM
I can't see them either. Whether I single or double-click, I'm getting the same "no access" page. And I don't do Facebook.

I'm sorry. I never put pictures up before, but I thought I did it correctly when they showed up in a smaller version. I double clicked them & they came up larger. I don't really know what to do. I tried to load a video, but it wouldn't load up to this website. Like I said they are on my facebook, that it the only place I could load everything. I will try to do a Photobucket tonight. I have an account, but I haven't used it in a long time, but I will try again.

Topkat
05-31-2012, 08:09 PM
Here is a little bit of Keep On Tryin'
I decided in the middle of the song to start recording. I never recorded anything live before but I did this last second!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8EUYFxko7g&feature=colike

Victim of Love
05-31-2012, 11:42 PM
Nice pix, TK...thanks for sharing. I'm waiting for my friend in PA to get stuff to me from the Kesick show tonight. Will share as soon as I've got them (although it may be morning before he gets them to me).

zeldabjr
05-31-2012, 11:47 PM
Nice pix, TK...thanks for sharing. I'm waiting for my friend in PA to get stuff to me from the Kesick show tonight. Will share as soon as I've got them (although it may be morning before he gets them to me).

Thanks VOL....looking forward to whatever you get!

UK TimFan
06-01-2012, 02:50 AM
We've had the 'problem' of not being able to access photos loaded directly to the Border before. What should happen is that you get told to 'sign in' - even though Border members are already signed in.
Once you sign in, then you get thumbnails to click on and enlarge.

ETA: (now I've double-checked! :smile:) After you've 'accessed' the photos once, then every time you visit the Border afterwards the thumbnails are viewable and you just have to click on them.

Brooke
06-01-2012, 10:18 AM
Tk, they showed up for me first click and they are wonderful! Love Tim's plaid shirt! Thanks for sharing!

I guess Joe needs to get a plaid shirt now. I don't think I recall ever seeing him in one. Don has rubbed off on them! :lol:

Topkat
06-01-2012, 10:33 AM
I have another video that I will try to post later. I'm having trouble loading it because it's long! Yes, it's the song they always take down, so I won't say it

zeldabjr
06-01-2012, 02:26 PM
I just have to give a big big thanks to friend Henley Honey for her help the other night when I was stuck in NYC...I had her on the phone I don't know how many times for advice and her expert NYC opinion!...She actually re-booked my flight for the next day while I was on the phone with her...I was in a taxi zooming to Manhattan to see Timothy again...didn't have access to the airline...She also made me feel a little better about where I was going to be staying that night (stayed on a girl's couch I had met at JFK that day) HH said the neighborhood was good...I felt reassured since I didn't know where the he..I was!... It took a village...but I got to see Sweet Timothy again...will never forget it..thanks again Henley Honey...one of my angels watching over me that day...along with my new friend Karen. Love you HH

Topkat
06-01-2012, 02:55 PM
Zelda, I'm so glad you got the chance to go. The stars lined up for you that night! I'm just sorry I didn't get a chance to meet up with you, but I'm so glad you went & had a great time!

zeldabjr
06-01-2012, 03:15 PM
Zelda, I'm so glad you got the chance to go. The stars lined up for you that night! I'm just sorry I didn't get a chance to meet up with you, but I'm so glad you went & had a great time!

I know I can't believe we were both there...if they hadn't already turned down the lights maybe I could have found you...oh well...I just mailed your little souvenir!

Topkat
06-01-2012, 03:33 PM
I know I can't believe we were both there...if they hadn't already turned down the lights maybe I could have found you...oh well...I just mailed your little souvenir!

Have you recovered from seeing TBS two days in a row yet? I hope so because you will be seeing him again soon! Try to take pictures. I am a crappy photographer, but I managed a few decent shots...LOL
Thanks again!

Brooke
06-01-2012, 04:20 PM
I...She also made me feel a little better about where I was going to be staying that night (stayed on a girl's couch I had met at JFK that day) HH said the neighborhood was good...I felt reassured since I didn't know where the he..I was!...

OMG, you are a brave one zelda! I could have never done something like that! Glad it all worked out for you! :headbang:

SallyGee
06-01-2012, 04:52 PM
Thanks Topkat for sharing those photos. I was on the upper level and only had myy phone too take pictures. The didn't come out, but I'll keep them in my phone forever because i know what they are. Can't wait to see the videos.

SallyGee
06-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Sorry about all the typos. I'm really not dumb, just so excited to have found you guys!

SallyGee
06-01-2012, 04:56 PM
Does anbody know why he didn't do Melancholy? Such a great song. But I would have said that about any song he didn't do. Isn't that the only song from Expando that he didn't do?

zeldabjr
06-01-2012, 07:38 PM
OMG, you are a brave one zelda! I could have never done something like that! Glad it all worked out for you! :headbang:

dangle Timothy B in front of me and apparently I"ll do just about anything...scary right?

zeldabjr
06-01-2012, 07:44 PM
Have you recovered from seeing TBS two days in a row yet? I hope so because you will be seeing him again soon! Try to take pictures. I am a crappy photographer, but I managed a few decent shots...LOL
Thanks again!

No I don't think I'll recover from this week for awhile...I will try to get pics...but no guarantees...maybe the friend I'm going with will be better at it!

zeldabjr
06-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Does anbody know why he didn't do Melancholy? Such a great song. But I would have said that about any song he didn't do. Isn't that the only song from Expando that he didn't do?

I'm glad to hear that you love that song too...yeah it's the only one he doesn't do live...I adore that song. We were just talking about that when we saw him Monday night in DC...one of the girls I was with loves it too...the melody is so pretty...and his voice... and I think we all can relate to the words...I'd love to ask him why he doesn't do it live.

Topkat
06-01-2012, 10:02 PM
Here is video from BB Kings
http://youtu.be/p7Uf3H--2zc

zeldabjr
06-01-2012, 11:08 PM

:cry: It's blocked!

Topkat
06-01-2012, 11:12 PM
The YouTube police came after me the minute I loaded it. :mad:
They are dead set that ICTYW never be on YouTube.
Sorry there's nothing I can do about it, but it's still on my FB page
Wait, it just played for me....Try again

zeldabjr
06-01-2012, 11:46 PM
Sorry about all the typos. I'm really not dumb, just so excited to have found you guys!

Hi SG...I see you live in NJ...are you going to see sweet Timothy B when he's there?

Koala
06-02-2012, 12:19 AM

Thanks! Here in Germany it is Not blocked!

SallyGee
06-02-2012, 12:38 PM
Timothy in NJ? When????? Where????

VAisForEagleLovers
06-02-2012, 01:02 PM
Timothy in NJ? When????? Where????

Newton, next Saturday...

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3605

zeldabjr
06-03-2012, 07:22 PM
just found this on YouTube...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-HD4gKrNYU&feature=player_detailpage
sweet Timothy B...

zeldabjr
06-03-2012, 08:13 PM
I saw a girl who had on an Expando Tshirt...anyone know where to get one? I don't remember seeing them for sale there or in DC...

Freypower
06-03-2012, 08:16 PM
You can get them at Tim's store. I guess he won't sell them at shows now as this is not the Expando tour any more.

http://timothybschmit.shop.musictoday.com/

sodascouts
06-03-2012, 08:42 PM
He was selling the black one at the show in Brooks, California a few months ago, but not the white one.

Topkat
06-03-2012, 09:04 PM
I think they had the black one at BB Kings the other night. I was all distracted. I forgot to get one! LOL

SallyGee
06-03-2012, 09:19 PM
They had them at BB King's last week for $25. I ordered one from his web site today for $15 (plus shipping)

zeldabjr
06-03-2012, 09:44 PM
They had them at BB King's last week for $25. I ordered one from his web site today for $15 (plus shipping)

I can't believe they were selling them there and I didn't see them...so like me...

TimothyBFan
06-04-2012, 07:35 AM
sweet Timothy B...

I know I'm sounding like a broken record but seriously... P E R F E C T!!!!!!

Sidenote: Hank's hair makes me smile every time I see it any more. It's gotten crazy!!!

Topkat
06-04-2012, 10:35 AM
I can't believe they were selling them there and I didn't see them...so like me...

Yeah, Zelda, just like you forgot to pick up the camera! LOL
The whole night was just surreal. I think I was a space cadet by the time I left that place.

SallyGee
06-05-2012, 09:45 PM
sweet Timothy B...
Last week at this time, I was here.:weep:

zeldabjr
06-05-2012, 10:50 PM
Last week at this time, I was here.:weep:

I hear ya...it went too fast...then "poof" it's over...and it'll probably be a while before he tours again...boy I'm depressing myself...

Glennsallnighter
06-07-2012, 04:27 AM
I hear ya too SG! All last weekend all I could think was 'this time last week I was doing....... In LA'. The highlight of course being on Saturday evening 'this time last week I was only a few feet away from Glenn :heart: watching him sing :inlove:

The best cure for PGW or PTW is to start looking forward to their next gigs! Lol!

SallyGee
05-29-2014, 05:32 PM
This concert was 2 years ago tonight. I am still excited about it. I never thought I would ever see Timothy do a solo show. It was a wonderful experience. I hope I get to experience it again. This show also led me to this board. I am so happy to have found this wonderful group of people, and I hope to meet some of you someday.

zeldabjr
05-29-2014, 05:43 PM
This concert was 2 years ago tonight. I am still excited about it. I never thought I would ever see Timothy do a solo show. It was a wonderful experience. I hope I get to experience it again. This show also led me to this board. I am so happy to have found this wonderful group of people, and I hope to meet some of you someday.

ha I have been thinking of this all day...and yesterday was the two year anniversary I saw him in DC with VA and Dreamer...today is the anniversary of my "excellent NYC adventure"...where I got to see him again...so wish I had known you then SG...and I tried to find Topkat in the crowd too but couldn't...I so hope we get to go to a solo show together some day!!!...I am listening to Expando the last few days to celebrate!!!

Tiffanny Twisted
05-29-2014, 05:50 PM
bj I remember you talking all about your tbs adventure in nyc when we met in ac..lol
great memories for you