PDA

View Full Version : Joe Walsh's CMT Crossroads Features Kenny Chesney, Brad Paisley, Luke Bryan

WalshFan88
05-29-2012, 06:53 PM
This is going to be great. I like all of those guys!

http://www.cmt.com/news/news-in-brief/1685957/joe-walshs-cmt-crossroads-features-kenny-chesney-brad-paisley-luke-bryan.jhtml

sodascouts
05-29-2012, 10:49 PM
I'm going to be at the filming!

VAisForEagleLovers
05-29-2012, 10:57 PM

Too cool!!!!!!!!

WalshFan88
05-30-2012, 08:40 AM

Wow, nice! Didn't even hear of this thing until yesterday!

With Brad and Billy there with Joe I can guarantee it will be an awesome guitar jam and great show.

Brooke
05-30-2012, 11:39 AM

How did you know when it would be? Is it in Memphis?

mustangkim11
05-30-2012, 05:15 PM

Lucky!

Please get lots of photos (if you can!)

sodascouts
05-31-2012, 03:33 AM
How did you know when it would be? Is it in Memphis?

It was in Franklin, TN - about three and a half hours from Memphis. Well worth the trip!

I found out about this just a few days ago. I have a friend who works in the music industry in Nashville and she told me about it. She said all I had to do was submit a photo and my info to the casting agent in charge of filling up the audience, and they'd get back to me about attending. I didn't say anything because I wasn't sure I would be accepted. Happily, I was!

I'll post about the show in the review forum. It was very cool!

Brooke
05-31-2012, 10:34 AM
Awesome! :thumbsup:

VAisForEagleLovers
05-31-2012, 11:11 AM
Good for you, Soda!! I was thinking about this, Crossroads is usually one-on-one, or a duo or group. Like .38 Special paired with Trace Adkins. It's very different to have various 'unrelated' artists on with Joe. I guess we can interpret that to mean it takes that many to match him! I can't wait to see the episode.

zeldabjr
05-31-2012, 01:29 PM

you lucky dog!!!...it's going to be great! can't wait to see it!

Victim of Love
06-08-2012, 07:15 PM
If you can't watch it for any reason, the CMT website will have the full episode available online after it has aired.

WalshFan88
06-08-2012, 11:06 PM
Really looking forward to it!

jdubfan
06-23-2012, 01:53 PM
There was some great moments on this. Joe seemed to enjoy it very much. Had a few scenes where he and the others were sitting around a table, talking about music. Brad Paisly (he's VERY good) n Joe had a great time on RMW, that was very great. Hunter is a lil cutie, Joe asked him if he was freakin' out and he said "yeah" but he's quite the performer, lot of promise for this kid. Joe laughed at him a lot. I'm not personally a Chesney fan, but he does admire Joe, so he can't be all bad. Their song together was nice too. Luke somebody (sorry, don't know my country) did alright, but Joe was sizzlin'. The duet with Sara was very pretty, lots of big smiles. The closer was Billy Gibbons, could've watched these 2 sling at each other for awhile longer, but they had to make time for those endless commercials.....

zeldabjr
06-24-2012, 01:57 AM
There was some great moments on this. Joe seemed to enjoy it very much. Had a few scenes where he and the others were sitting around a table, talking about music. Brad Paisly (he's VERY good) n Joe had a great time on RMW, that was very great. Hunter is a lil cutie, Joe asked him if he was freakin' out and he said "yeah" but he's quite the performer, lot of promise for this kid. Joe laughed at him a lot. I'm not personally a Chesney fan, but he does admire Joe, so he can't be all bad. Their song together was nice too. Luke somebody (sorry, don't know my country) did alright, but Joe was sizzlin'. The duet with Sara was very pretty, lots of big smiles. The closer was Billy Gibbons, could've watched these 2 sling at each other for awhile longer, but they had to make time for those endless commercials.....

the only thing that would have made it better is if it had been two hours long!!

WalshFan88
06-24-2012, 02:44 AM
I loved it! My favorite performance was LITFL with Billy Gibbons, and 2nd favorite was RMW with Brad Paisley. Least favorite was ITC with Hunter Hayes. His voice doesn't do much for me. I pretty much liked all of the rest though but that performance didn't do much for me. For one thing, he reminds me too much of Justin Bieber with his voice. :lol: Guitar playing was good though - just didn't like his voice. All in all it was excellent and wish it would have been longer with longer interviews. Maybe some more classic rockers too and Keith Urban.

Topkat
06-24-2012, 11:05 AM
After watching the show, I have to say that I like Joe doing these songs alone a lot better than I liked him with these country singers. I didn't feel that they added anything to the songs to make them better. I liked Brad Paisley the best, the rest I could have done without. Overall, none of them could make it as an Eagle. I felt several people like Kenney Chesney & Luke ??? didn't even really sing the songs. "Best of my Love" with Sara Evans didn't do it for me. She sang most of the song & I don't really feel that this song is a great fit for Joe's voice.
Second favorite was 'LITFL" with Billy Gibbons, but if I'm not mistaken, I think Joe messed up on some of the lyrics.
It was fun to watch, but it was just OK for me.

GlennLover
06-24-2012, 02:28 PM
Darn, I meant to watch, but I wasn't able to get home in time & I forgot to set the PVR. :brickwall:Maybe they will repeat it sometime.

Ive always been a dreamer
06-24-2012, 02:45 PM
There's probably a link where you can watch this online. I'm gonna search when I get more time. I sure hope so cause I missed it too! :pray:

timfan
06-24-2012, 02:53 PM
It wasn't on CMT in Canada! and so far the CMT website videos seem to be only available in the US so... here's hoping the show turns up elsewhere!

ETA: the show is now up on the CMT website (http://www.cmt.com/videos/cmt-crossroads-joe-walsh-friends/1688100/full-episode.jhtml)but as I thought it is only available for viewing in the USA

TimothyBFan
06-25-2012, 07:58 AM
Everyone listen, because I'm only going to say it ONE time---- I enjoyed watching Joe with all those (gulp) country stars. :lol: Seriously, I did enjoy the show but really glad he sings the songs all by himself more. My favorite, was of course, the Billy Gibbons duet but did enjoy Best Of My Love also with whoever she was (sorry). The Kenny Chesney duet wasn't half bad either. Joe is so freaking cool!!!

Brooke
06-25-2012, 10:38 AM
I posted in another thread about this, but will put it here too.

I watched the Sneak Peek and enjoyed it ok. I really prefer Joe doing his songs himself. I liked Brad Paisley and Kenny Chesney's. I'm wondering why Joe and Sara Evans did BOML. They did ok, but why a Don song? Just didn't fit for me. I liked Billy Gibbons on LITFL best, but I thought Joe messed up a line there too! Too funny!

So, I haven't had time to watch the actual show, but wonder how it was different from the Sneak Peek? Both were an hour long. :shrug:

GlennLover
06-25-2012, 12:15 PM
It wasn't on CMT in Canada! and so far the CMT website videos seem to be only available in the US so... here's hoping the show turns up elsewhere!

ETA: the show is now up on the CMT website (http://www.cmt.com/videos/cmt-crossroads-joe-walsh-friends/1688100/full-episode.jhtml)but as I thought it is only available for viewing in the USA

Thanks, tf. I never did get a chance to check that out & I was afraid that that might be the case. It seems to me that we wanted to view some thing on the CMT website before regarding the Eagles, but it wasn't available in Canada. :sad:

Prettymaid
06-25-2012, 09:52 PM
Here's the link to the full show, for those of you who can watch it.

http://www.cmt.com/videos/cmt-crossroads-joe-walsh-friends/1688100/full-episode.jhtml

I really enjoyed most of the show. I couldn't take my eyes off of Joe. He SMILED a lot! :D He usually doesn't smile very often during Eagle concerts.

Typical Joe, as he's describing to Brad Paisley how he wrote RMW, he can't stand still! He continuously rocks back and forth like a child. I'm not sure if this is an act or if Joe just does it subconsciously. But as soon as he starts playing, he looks so comfortable in his own skin! It's so fun to watch Joe play with his glass slide! And Brad plays a pretty mean guitar too.

I liked In The City with Hunter Hayes (who I'd never heard of before). ITC is one of my favorite Joe songs, and I like the way this kid harmonized on it. In fact, that's what I liked most about this whole show - it featured harmonizing on songs that don't normally have it. Watch how the kid keeps looking adoringly at Joe's guitar playing. So cute!

I was so glad to hear Lucky That Way done on the show (with Kenny Chesney), because it's a new song and it's a country song. Liked the part where Kenny is telling the "Hey, I'm freakin' out!" story and Joe says that's the only two times he ever said that. :lol: And the smile Joe gives after Kenny sings the line "I've got a palm tree and a swimming pool" is priceless! Best smile of the night! (note to self - get a cap of that smile and make it your avatar).

I didn't think I'd be too keen on BOML with Sara Evans, but one good thing came of it for me...finally, after all this time, I heard Joe singing harmony. I mean, I heard him singing his part! I've always tried to hear Joe's parts in Eagles songs, but never could. Interestingly, when they get to the second verse, neither one of them is singing the lead (Don's) part.

Life's Been Good with Luke Bryan (never heard of him either) was my least favorite. I didn't like Luke singing an octave lower - didn't work for me. But he clearly adores Joe.

LITFL with Billy Gibbons was great. The song even has that ZZ Top beat. Clearly, I like Don's vocal on this song more than Joe's, but Joe gives it an interesting twist. Glad I got a chance to re-watch the end online, because the DVR cut it short. (I hate when that happens.)

Okay, going to change my avatar now....

Tiffanny Twisted
08-15-2012, 06:43 AM
Everyone listen, because I'm only going to say it ONE time---- I enjoyed watching Joe with all those (gulp) country stars. :lol: Seriously, I did enjoy the show but really glad he sings the songs all by himself more. My favorite, was of course, the Billy Gibbons duet but did enjoy Best Of My Love also with whoever she was (sorry). The Kenny Chesney duet wasn't half bad either. Joe is so freaking cool!!!

sara evans...

it was a great show