PDA

View Full Version : Three Rivers Arts Festival Pittsburgh 6/6/12

zeldabjr
06-07-2012, 08:50 PM
I just returned from seeing sweet Timothy B last night in Pittsburgh...what can I say?he sounded amazing, actually I think the best of the three shows I saw recently...there's that big booming sound you get from an outdoor show that isn't there in the smaller indoor venues...It was a perfect evening...blue sky, around 70 degrees, little breeze blowing his hair around ( kept wishing I was within reach to brush it out of his face...aaahhh)...I digress...It was in a big park in downtown Pittsburgh...with a huge grass field for seating... bring your lawn chair or blanket seating...same set list of course...never get tired of hearing his voice...so strong and sweet...a few songs into it the pedal on the drummer's(Herman Matthews) bass drum broke...had to stop dead...Timothy was so cute when it happened..he told us what the problem was and said he would do his stand up routine for us while we waited but he didn't have one...everyone cracked up...and he kept saying "are you all still with me don't go anywhere" ( like we would right) and several times he turned to Herman and said " how's it coming back there Herman?"... Herman would say..." I got it...I got it..."....finally he did and Timothy said " ok let me hear it Herman"...he banged on it a few times...Timothy clapped then the crowd cheered...and the show went on...He was so charming and funny... He had on black jeans and what I call the infamous " goofy shirt"...I cracked up when he came out with it on...remember it's the white shirt with what looks like a jersey or something under it...we could never quite figure it out...he wore it in South Africa earlier this spring...well now I have seen it up close and personal and I still couln't figure it out... and you all know I was studying it all night...oh well...doesn't matter what he has on right?...he looked great!...Toward the end of the show...it was now dark...and everyone stood and started moving up closer to the stage...People were pressed up against the barrier in front of the stage...I thought 'oh no not without me you don't'...so I scooted myself up and wormed my way so I was right against the barrier ( a barrier...can you imagine? what did they think we were going to do attack him?)...I was dead center in front of him for the rest of the show...aahhh...I was in sweet Timothy B heaven...I had left my friend back in the dust, but I think she had figured out the score by then by the puddle of drool around us:grin:...I managed a few pics and some video but haven't seen if they're any good yet...I got to talk with his guitar player Hank Linderman after the show...seemed like a really nice guy...was talking about what a hard worker Timothy is and how hard it's been for him to get his voice back since that surfboard accident..how he trains with a vocal coach now and still has to work very hard every day...He also said no one in Timothy's family is with him on this tour...My friend said she really enjoyed him(of course I had threatened to make her walk home if she didn't) ...can't think very well right now...I'm still in my 'post Timothy fog'...if I think of anything else will post it later...Oh yeah, I just thought of something funny he said...when he first came out and was saying hi to everyone he said..."I hear they actually have fried oreos here is that right?" a lot of people cheered and yelled yeah...he said "wow how many of you have actually had them?" and a bunch of people yelled yeah...and he said " wow I wouldn't want to be you guys later"...the crowd roared at that..:laugh:

VAisForEagleLovers
06-07-2012, 08:54 PM
Glad you had a great time, Zelda, and I'm really glad the weather behaved! Can't wait to see the pics.

Windeagle
06-07-2012, 09:14 PM
Sounds like fun, Zelda. Glad you had such a good time.

SallyGee
06-07-2012, 09:29 PM
Glad you had a great time Zelda. Can't wait to see pictures.

Topkat
06-07-2012, 10:41 PM
Well, good to hear from you Zelda & that you had an amazing time!! can't wait to see the pictures because I'm not sure what shirt you are talking about?? crazy shirt? I remember hearing something about that, but not sure what that looks like! So glad you had good weather too!

VAisForEagleLovers
06-07-2012, 10:56 PM
Well, good to hear from you Zelda & that you had an amazing time!! can't wait to see the pictures because I'm not sure what shirt you are talking about?? crazy shirt? I remember hearing something about that, but not sure what that looks like! So glad you had good weather too!

TK, see post number 19 on this link. He wore it to another, too.

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3570&page=2

sodascouts
06-08-2012, 02:10 AM
Sounds like a great time - wish I could have been there with you!

TimothyBFan
06-08-2012, 08:34 AM
Sounds wonderful, Zelda!! So the shirt is still a mystery? Hmmm... wonder what the story is behind it because I have a hard time believing that he thinks it's stylish. :laugh: Anxiously awaiting your pictures and video.

BTW--Soda---your avi is wonderful!!! What a shock.

Topkat
06-08-2012, 10:16 AM
Ok, I went back to look. Is that a stripe tank dress with a white shirt over it? OMG What the heck is that?? It really looks like a mini dress under there? WTH??? Oh Timothy, my image of you is shattered. I'm going to have to pretend I never saw that!!! :stop::stop:The worst is that he wore it AGAIN!!! Oh NO

Victim of Love
06-08-2012, 01:23 PM
Re: the shirt....I believe it's pretty and traditional in South Africa. Because of the heat/humidity, it seems a lot of the clothing would be made of a guaze-type fabric. If you were to look at photos (other than those we have here on the site) of people in Africa, you would probably see a lot of similar shirts and a lot of color. And it's not unusual to have borders/hems added...probably more 'traditional' or 'native' than modern fashion. If you have anything in your own wardrobe made of a gauze fabric, you know how light the material is and that it 'breathes' well. I've seen similar styles before. And I have never thought of Timothy as being a slave to current fashion trends, rather he seems to dress for comfort. Just sayin'.....

sodascouts
06-08-2012, 01:27 PM
Comfort and style are not mutually exclusive... but it seems Timothy has not caught on to that fact yet. :lol:

Victim of Love
06-08-2012, 02:57 PM
You're probably right, Soda. But when I read all of the curisoty comments about Timothy's shirt I can't help but think of Joe's "brick suit" from a few years back (okay, may more than a 'few' years). Now THERE was a questionable wardrobe choice, IMHO...and the shirt in question seems pretty tame in comparison.

I admit that it's difficult to figure out Timothy's shirt and it appears he may have been aiming for a layered look. All I know for sure is that I've got a few items in my wardrobe that I wear for the comfort factor rather than the style (although I don't usually leave the house when I have them on!).

Brooke
06-08-2012, 03:54 PM
Oh my, that shirt! Again! Timothy, honey, please, as much as you must like it, it's just not attractive! :lol:

It really is very strange. I looked back at the pictures and it seems to be actually two shirts. Almost like a tank underneath the gauze one. I can see the need, possibly, to wear something under the gauze one, but that ugly, striped thing? Remember Glenn's gauzy white shirt from earlier days solo? I'm thinking he didn't wear anything ( :blush: ) under it at all! And I'm thinking....he looked hot! In more ways than one! :wink: :smokin: I'm thinking Timothy could probably get by with that too! :spin:

zelda, sounds like you had a wonderful evening otherwise! Great review! Anxiously awaiting pics and video!

Here's Glenn's gauze shirt look:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Frey/GFreyIndiana85-03.jpg
Didn't want to take over Tim's thread here, so just peek. :fingerwag:

ETA: And yes, VOL, the brick suit was quite something....not! :lol:

Henley Honey
06-08-2012, 04:45 PM
Brooke, I think Glenn's shirt is linen that is sopping wet with sweat. Still, a very "hot" look, though.

Brooke
06-08-2012, 04:54 PM
Yeah, I think it's definitely a heavier fabric than gauze. Just trying to make a comparison! lol

Topkat
06-08-2012, 05:07 PM
Joe has made several odd clothing choices over the years. I recall him wearing crazy hats & weird shirts & shoes ( I think for comic relief) but Timothy usually dresses well, but that outfit is a nightmare! Timothy please ditch that look!!!!!You are usually :smokin:but that look has got to GO!

Victim of Love
06-08-2012, 05:47 PM
Okay, I went back and took a REALLY CLOSE look and it definitely does appear there is a stiped tank under the white shirt...and yes, he could lose the look. It's not the 'clean' lines we're accustomed to seeing on Timothy...but I suppose it could be worse. Again, IMO...

Victim of Love
06-08-2012, 05:57 PM
I got to talk with his guitar player Hank Linderman after the show...seemed like a really nice guy...was talking about what a hard worker Timothy is and how hard it's been for him to get his voice back since that surfboard accident..how he trains with a vocal coach now and still has to work very hard every day...He also said no one in Timothy's family is with him on this tour...

Sounds like a really wonderful time but I'm a bit disappointed to learn your friend didn't become a convert! I can only say 'To Each His Own'.

But how exciting that you got to speak with Hank! I've heard he's a really great guy, friendly with the fans, congenial. However, I was a little surprised to hear Tim was touring sans family, especially during the gigs in Pennsylvania since Jean is from there and still has a lot of family in the Philly area. She obviously had something important to do because I can't recall a time she hasn't gone on the road.

zeldabjr
06-08-2012, 09:10 PM
here are some pics...I cannot take a pic of this man...sorryhttp://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh572/zeldabjr/100_0147.jpg notice the head tilt!! probably the best one I took...when I was right up against the barrier

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh572/zeldabjr/100_0146.jpg

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh572/zeldabjr/100_0145.jpg

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh572/zeldabjr/100_0143.jpg

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh572/zeldabjr/100_0142.jpg

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh572/zeldabjr/100_0148.jpg

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh572/zeldabjr/100_0150.jpg

SallyGee
06-08-2012, 09:16 PM
Zelda, You got some great pics! You were so close! What surfboard accident?

zeldabjr
06-08-2012, 09:30 PM
http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh572/zeldabjr/100_0151.jpg
"head tilt"
http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh572/zeldabjr/100_0152.jpg

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh572/zeldabjr/100_0153.jpg
LWKUA...last song

tbsfan
06-08-2012, 09:43 PM

Timothy was surfing in Hawaii a few years ago when a big wave knocked the board out from under him causing the board to hit him in the throat. He had to undergo therapy and it took a while for him to recover. There is a thread about it here, https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614

zeldabjr
06-08-2012, 09:50 PM

I think it was in 2007 or 2008..not sure...was in Hawaii...surfboard came up and whacked him right across the throat...OMG can you imagine?...poor sweet Timothy was not able to even talk for a while I guess...from what Hank said the other night...lucky...he could have been killed I guess...Timothy never worked on his voice or did any kind of vocal training at all until after this accident...Hank said it took a full three years of working with a vocal coach every day to get his voice back fully.

sodascouts
06-09-2012, 02:14 AM
Wow, three years. Thank God his voice was preserved!

timfan
06-09-2012, 07:49 AM
Can you believe it's been nearly 5 years since the surfboard accident! He certianly has work hard and recovered well :)

Topkat
06-09-2012, 08:43 AM
Nice pictures Zelda!! Thanks for sharing!

SallyGee
06-09-2012, 09:25 PM
Timothy was surfing in Hawaii a few years ago when a big wave knocked the board out from under him causing the board to hit him in the throat. He had to undergo therapy and it took a while for him to recover. There is a thread about it here, https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614
Thanks so much for that. I had no idea! Every time a so called celebrity goes to rehab or anything stupid, it's all over the news. Somethig like this happens to such a great person, and I never saw a thing. What a horrible experience for him. It is truly a miracle his voice is as perfect as ever!

TimothyBFan
06-10-2012, 05:56 PM
Zelda, the pictures are wonderful!!!! Thank you for sharing them with all of us here.

BramwenR
06-11-2012, 02:37 AM
Hey, Brenda ;) Love your report!! He is so cool, never loses a beat, works the crowd and so funny :applause: poor Herman, maybe Tim needs to have another :drummer: on standby in case the poor guy breaks his drums again :fainting:what a super show and I loved the crack about the oreos, OMG, fried cream biscuits, :woah: like he said, wouldn't wanna be them after the show :nausea: Would be really cool to see those pics and the vids, glad to hear you had such a nice chat with Hank ;) What happened with the surfboard accident, I missed that one..and we all know what a hard worker he is, he sounds even better than before :)

BramwenR
06-11-2012, 02:40 AM
I think it was in 2007 or 2008..not sure...was in Hawaii...surfboard came up and whacked him right across the throat...OMG can you imagine?...poor sweet Timothy was not able to even talk for a while I guess...from what Hank said the other night...lucky...he could have been killed I guess...Timothy never worked on his voice or did any kind of vocal training at all until after this accident...Hank said it took a full three years of working with a vocal coach every day to get his voice back fully.

Okay, so it helps to scroll back up to get the answer..he was very lucky it wasn't a lot worse although losing his voice and having to go through all that..that was bad enough. And then he did Expando..what a guy :heart:

BramwenR
06-11-2012, 02:46 AM
As for the ensemble he wore for this show..I'm gonna shoot for a possibility that he wanted to stay in line with the fact it was an Arts Fest and that was his little contribution to being arty :drunk: :rockon:

zeldabjr
06-11-2012, 02:01 PM
As for the ensemble he wore for this show..I'm gonna shoot for a possibility that he wanted to stay in line with the fact it was an Arts Fest and that was his little contribution to being arty :drunk: :rockon:

Oh you are being way too kind!!...but like I said in the end I really don't care what he has on!!!:heart:

BramwenR
06-12-2012, 08:41 PM
Oh you are being way too kind!!...but like I said in the end I really don't care what he has on!!!:heart:

;) Oooh, you really don't care what he has on?? I could come up with smarta** reply to that but the imagery is just too much lol:roll::inlove:

Tiffanny Twisted
06-13-2012, 10:28 AM
glad you had fun and enjoyed the show. He was so very entertaing when we saw him at the Keswick in Glenside.

Tiffanny Twisted:hilarious:

zeldabjr
06-13-2012, 05:31 PM
glad you had fun and enjoyed the show. He was so very entertaing when we saw him at the Keswick in Glenside.

Tiffanny Twisted:hilarious:

yeah I'm officially :inlove: