PDA

View Full Version : Timothy's New Blog

Victim of Love
06-15-2012, 01:20 PM
Just got a pop-up on my FB page that took me to this update on Timothy's website:

http://timothybschmit.com/?em5001=397_-1__0_%7E0_-1_6_2012_0_0&content=news

WOOHOO...new CD!!!!!!!!!!

zeldabjr
06-15-2012, 01:58 PM
Just got a pop-up on my FB page that took me to this update on Timothy's website:

http://timothybschmit.com/?em5001=397_-1__0_%7E0_-1_6_2012_0_0&content=news

WOOHOO...new CD!!!!!!!!!!

WOOHOO....new CD...get to work Timothy...isn't he sweet? omg I just adore him!!...oh nooo I sound like 'fan girl' sorry.

SallyGee
06-15-2012, 02:02 PM
Did you see that? We went to see him, so he was talking to us! What a sweetheart:heart: I hope he writes all the songs again for the new CD. And a new CD means more touring, right?:p

timfan
06-15-2012, 02:09 PM
Finally a new blog from Timothy! :) Awesome to hear he's working on his next cd and enjoying solo touring.. I think about a few years back when it seemed impossible that he would ever tour solo now he seems to love it! It's amazing!!

zeldabjr
06-15-2012, 03:02 PM
Do you think he's feeling a lot more pressure now as he makes his next CD as Expando was so good? hmm?

BramwenR
06-15-2012, 08:09 PM
Do you think he's feeling a lot more pressure now as he makes his next CD as Expando was so good? hmm?

No, I don't think he's feeling any pressure at all, quite the opposite in fact. He's well rested, his energy is in the right space and it looks like he has some inspirations from his little adventure to get the creative juices flowing.

He's got heaps of free time time now with the sparse Eagles gigs so naaah, think he's cool with that :rockon: ;)

I left him a little comment, God bless him :xoxo:

BramwenR
06-15-2012, 08:14 PM
Finally a new blog from Timothy! :) Awesome to hear he's working on his next cd and enjoying solo touring.. I think about a few years back when it seemed impossible that he would ever tour solo now he seems to love it! It's amazing!!

Yes, I was thinking about it all last night and today, here it is..funny, that!! Probably he loves it because of the intimacy, compared to a band where it's always a collective effort and he needed to hone his skills and enjoy his music in his own way.

He is so versatile and also, is great for song writing inspiration, which is where he's at right now.

I think it's a dream come true for him and he has the best of both worlds now, no restrictions.

:D

BramwenR
06-15-2012, 08:18 PM
Did you see that? We went to see him, so he was talking to us! What a sweetheart:heart: I hope he writes all the songs again for the new CD. And a new CD means more touring, right?:p

Yeah, you lucky gals, I'm stuck over here Down Under :P

New tour, eh..hope he doesn't forget about a little blonde gal living on the Central Coast who needs to see him muy pronto LOL :laugh:

:dizzy:

timfan
06-15-2012, 08:34 PM

Timothy has stated many times that he simply enjoys making music so I doubt he'd have unusual pressure in making his next CD. I expect with the next CD he'll do the same as he did with Expando; work on it in his own studio until he feels it's complete.

SallyGee
06-15-2012, 08:45 PM
I don't think he's feeling any pressure. Now that he has seen how well received Expando was, he may feel more comfortable doing all his own stuff. I think maybe he has an idea how much he is appreciated now that he's done all these solo shows.

BramwenR
06-15-2012, 08:45 PM
Timothy has stated many times that he simply enjoys making music so I doubt he feels particular pressure. I expect with the next CD he'll do the same as he did with Expando; work on it in his own studio until he feels it's complete.

That's the beauty of living where he's living, so much open space and freedom to work at his own pace.

I think whatever he comes up with will be brilliant, it's his life's work.

Victim of Love
06-15-2012, 11:04 PM
He talked in a recent interview about how 'personal' Expando ended up being even though that wasn't his intent. I love all of his prior solo releases but with Expando he really let us see another side of his talent and personality that doesn't come thru as a part of 'the big machine and the fans seems to be thrilled. Whatever he does going forward can only be better than anything that's come before, IMO. And now that he's seen how well-received his solo shows are, I think we can look forward to much more.

BramwenR
06-16-2012, 05:00 PM
Don't wish to blow my own trumpet but this is ultimately about Timothy: it was bothering me that I hadn't seen the post about his surfing accident, which was significant in terms of his voice today.

So I updated my blog article:

"What makes his performances excel even more these days is that he had to seek vocal coaching after a surfboard accident approximately three years ago. His laryngeal muscles were bruised and fortunately, he was still able to sing but now, with more remarkable ability than before. He has had to work very hard to get his voice back into shape. I would hate to think that after all these years of singing he would lose his voice over something as freakish as that.

He was a lucky man. They say everything happens for a reason: I believe that had it not been for that surfing accident, his newer, sweeter tones wouldn’t be as pronounced these days: he has a newer resonance in his top notes, greater clarity in his key changes and end-phrasing and a stronger vibrato than before. It gave him renewed confidence as a singer but also, new vision.

In the hiatus between Eagles dates Timothy has done a Winter tour with his own small band to smaller venues, followed by his newly completed Spring Tour; showcasing most of his own songs with some Eagles favourites thrown in to rave reviews from his fans. I think as a solo artist he needed to do that; this was all about his music, not a tangential move away from the Eagles because he is still very much a part of that. And if the posts over on the message boards at www.eaglesonlinecentral.com (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com) are anything to go by, he is on a winner and a personal high:

He announced yesterday on his personal blog that he will be resuming writing and recording a new CD in his home studio after a short rest. True to form if Expando is anything go by, the inspirations he has gained through these two tours will make it an enriching experience for him and fans alike. The excitement is building amongst his fans (no pressure, Timothy, we’ll wait)."

Yeah, no pressure at all ;) Would a little :xoxo:help Mr S?? :grouphug:

Topkat
06-17-2012, 12:50 PM
He has already mentioned that he was working on a new cd & in fact I do believe he has some songs already done because he mentioned that he would have tried them out on this tour had it not been for YouTube... because he feared they would appear on YouTube before they were "perfect".
So we might have had some peak at the new stuff on this go round, but he is keeping it to himself until it's all perfected! Oh well, we missed out, but it does look like he will be doing another tour when he finishes the new album:angel:
Hope it won't be tooooooo long!

zeldabjr
06-17-2012, 03:37 PM
In his blog Timothy mentions there are only " a few Eagles commitments for the rest of the year"...I only know of one...hmm?

Freypower
06-17-2012, 06:42 PM
He is probably referring to work on the History of the Eagles DVD.

Topkat
06-17-2012, 07:33 PM
He is probably referring to work on the History of the Eagles DVD.

FP, I was thinking the same thing. I'm sure the guys do have some work to do on this DVD, so I imagine he is referring to that.