PDA

View Full Version : Video for The Shadow of Your Smile

VAisForEagleLovers
06-18-2012, 02:11 PM
I'm sure it's only a matter of time before it gets to YouTube and Glenn's website.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2161027/The-Eagles-Glenn-Frey-latest-solo-album-After-Hours-celebration-music.html

Brooke
06-18-2012, 04:31 PM
Lovely! :sigh:

Glennsallnighter
06-18-2012, 04:44 PM
Soda and I cannot access the link in Ireland. We can get the page but there is no video. If anyone can help us......?

Freypower
06-18-2012, 05:25 PM
I can't see it either. I will wait....

VAisForEagleLovers
06-18-2012, 06:21 PM
Really? It's a UK url! GA, can you go to the UK home page and do a search?

VAisForEagleLovers
06-18-2012, 06:25 PM
Also I will mention that if you are using the latest version of Firefox that downloaded automatically, you can't view any Adobe Flash presentations and if you mention it to Firefox, they will blame it on the latest version of Adobe. I had to explain to them that I have not updated Adobe, but I did update Firefox. We are currently arguing about it. Meanwhile, works fine on Chrome and IE on my machine.

zeldabjr
06-18-2012, 06:55 PM
I'm not seeing anything either!!

BramwenR
06-18-2012, 07:07 PM
I'm sure it's only a matter of time before it gets to YouTube and Glenn's website.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2161027/The-Eagles-Glenn-Frey-latest-solo-album-After-Hours-celebration-music.html

I saw his promo vid for those on FB..when I tried to watch the video here, I was told it's not because we "don't luv ya"..the owner has "some restrictions" about watching it where I live (Australia).

This really burns me up. It's all promotion, a few other sites such as Vevo do this as well. If management want full selling and marketing potential then they need to wise up and make videos available everywhere.

VAisForEagleLovers
06-18-2012, 08:08 PM
Zelda, and all others in the US, if you're not seeing anything, try a different browser type. If that doesn't work, go to Adobe and download the latest version of Shockwave, then try it in Internet Explorer.

Glennsallnighter
06-19-2012, 05:52 AM
There are very few times in my life when I have been rendered speechless, but OMG! This is a superb video! Thank you so much for finding it VA! Just IMAGINE being in that bar as he sings it!!!

TimothyBFan
06-19-2012, 08:46 AM
Love the black and white!!! Beautiful!

All you Glenn girls, you all still standing? :faint:

VAisForEagleLovers
06-19-2012, 09:56 AM

No. :faint:

VAisForEagleLovers
06-19-2012, 09:58 AM
Here's the video without the article. GA posted on Facebook, but it's good to have it here as well. Hopefully everyone can access this? Let me know.

http://www.vevo.com/watch/glenn-frey/the-shadow-of-your-smile/USUMV1200090

Brooke
06-19-2012, 10:05 AM
Works for me VA. I usually use Chrome browser.

VAisForEagleLovers
06-19-2012, 02:34 PM
Just watched it again, really watched it instead of taking screen shots. Just some random thoughts...

I love the loose tie and that he has the top button unbuttoned. One of those little things that sets the mood of the song without the viewer thinking about it in the first few times they see it.

I really like the hat Richard is wearing. Gives him a great look that is so in line with the video.

Even in a video like this, Danny looks like he's up to something. :rockguitar:

GlennLover
06-19-2012, 05:12 PM

LOL. No haven't been able to stand since I saw it last night!

I love the loose tie and that he has the top button unbuttoned. One of those little things that sets the mood of the song without the viewer thinking about it in the first few times they see it.

VA, I was thinking about it the first time I saw it :blush: :inlove::smitten: !

GlennLover
06-19-2012, 06:16 PM
It's on YouTube now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lN1-r4cvts :singer:

Freypower
06-19-2012, 06:51 PM

Still standing? I'm barely alive. :blush: :singer:

Um... I liked how everyone was at the bar & then walked over & picked up their instruments. In part, it was slighly reminiscent of the True Love video.

That's all, really. Well....... :smitten: :fainted:

VAisForEagleLovers
06-19-2012, 09:22 PM
OK, I just watched a few minutes of the VEVO link above and the You Tube link. I made them both full screen because...why not? The VEVO link has a much better resolution. Just in case anyone cares about that!

GlennLover
06-19-2012, 09:43 PM
OK, I just watched a few minutes of the VEVO link above and the You Tube link. I made them both full screen because...why not? The VEVO link has a much better resolution. Just in case anyone cares about that!

The clearer that we can see our guys the better! :faint:Is it possible to download the VEVO version?

VAisForEagleLovers
06-19-2012, 09:46 PM
The clearer that we can see our guys the better! :faint:Is it possible to download the VEVO version?

There are ways, I'm sure. I just don't know of them. Yet.

Ive always been a dreamer
06-19-2012, 10:12 PM
Well - that is simply gorgeous. This may be my favorite song on the album.

VAisForEagleLovers
06-19-2012, 10:16 PM
I definitely like it and I find it's in my head a lot. But my faves are a toss-up between TLOL and HTL.

Glennsallnighter
06-20-2012, 03:26 AM

Barely! And it's 24 hours later since I've seen it! Absolutely divine!

I've tried to download the VEVO video but all I get is the 25 second commercial clip. I will try the YouTube link though

BramwenR
06-20-2012, 04:19 AM
Thanks for the YT link, I watched it and I loved it! I have never seen it sung quite like this before, very slow and with so much more meaning. He took the time to break it down and make it very bluesy..and I don't remember the intro as being part of the song before..Glenn is ideal as a crooner but I'm sure his Eagles fans would miss him..it's gorgeous music, it really is :) he should be very proud :hug:

sodascouts
06-20-2012, 06:30 AM
Oh my gosh, I adore this! Magnificent!

GlennLover
06-20-2012, 08:08 AM
Barely! And it's 24 hours later since I've seen it! Absolutely divine!

I've tried to download the VEVO video but all I get is the 25 second commercial clip. I will try the YouTube link though

GA, I was able to download the YouTube version.

Glennsallnighter
06-20-2012, 06:12 PM
Thank you GL! I have that now. Its right up with my favourites too!

Glennsallnighter
06-20-2012, 06:22 PM
Ok, I have a problem here and maybe someone with some knowledge of this can help.

It downloaded very quickly and when I try to access it or to send it to my ipad or iPhone I get a message saying 'File parsing error. Codecs required for this input processing file are not found'. Anyone got any idea what this means?

I'm having this problem with quite a few videos that I've tried to download of late.

Freypower
06-20-2012, 06:30 PM
Try downloading the High Quallity version rather than the High Defintiion version; I have the HD versiosn of this & Route 66 on my computer, and the HQ versions on my phone. That's using savevideo.me.

This is my favourite video. I say that without equivocation. There will be avatars; I just haven't made them yet.

Glennsallnighter
06-21-2012, 02:07 AM
Thanks FP. I will try that option! When Soda and I were looking at (drooling over) VAs caps the other evening I was thinking 'wait till FP gets het hands on these for avs'!

Glennsallnighter
06-21-2012, 07:35 PM
Try downloading the High Quallity version rather than the High Defintiion version; I have the HD versiosn of this & Route 66 on my computer, and the HQ versions on my phone. That's using savevideo.me.

This is my favourite video. I say that without equivocation. There will be avatars; I just haven't made them yet.

Could you post a link for the High Quality version please FP? I can't access it at all. Thanks

VAisForEagleLovers
06-21-2012, 07:42 PM
Could you post a link for the High Quality version please FP? I can't access it at all. Thanks

Try Glenn's webpage? It's out there now.

GlennLover
06-21-2012, 08:40 PM
I can't get it to play on his website. Where you click to play it there is just the name of the song & a red "X" in a box. When I click on it I get the message "Embedding this video is disable by it's owner". I had no problem with "Route 66" & the teaser videos.

I can watch TSOYS on YouTube in HD, but I can't download it in that quality.

VAisForEagleLovers
06-21-2012, 09:06 PM
I can't get it to play on his website. Where you click to play it there is just the name of the song & a red "X" in a box. When I click on it I get the message "Embedding this video is disable by it's owner". I had no problem with "Route 66" & the teaser videos.

I can watch TSOYS on YouTube in HD, but I can't download it in that quality.

I can't say enough bad things about Adobe Flash. It is really the bane of my existence. Don't get me started again. I don't see an embed link you could have hit by mistake. Try a different browser?

I can't download anything from YouTube, I'm not sure how you do it if you don't have Real Player installed and I don't have it on this machine. But if it is through Real Player, perhaps there's an option or upgrade for better resolutions?

Freypower
06-21-2012, 09:26 PM
This is what I use for YouTube downloads:

http://savevideo.me/

When you paste the URL & after you ask it to download, when the 'save target as' message comes up you have a number of options for saving the file. When I saved TSOYS for the phone I used High Quality MP4.

VAisForEagleLovers
06-21-2012, 10:19 PM
This is what I use for YouTube downloads:

http://savevideo.me/

When you paste the URL & after you ask it to download, when the 'save target as' message comes up you have a number of options for saving the file. When I saved TSOYS for the phone I used High Quality MP4.

Worked great! Thanks!!