PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for Randy

WalshFan88
06-17-2012, 10:26 PM
This was just posted to the Fan Page for 100.3 The Sound radio station:

‎100.3 FB FANS: All of you who are Eagles fans, know the story and the history by now of the departure of Bernie Leadon, Randy Meisner, and Don Felder from the band (and the joining of Joe Walsh and Timothy B. Schmit). The turmoil of this band is as well known as the beauty of their music. I bring this up, as Randy Meisner, sadly, has both Alzheimers and a very bad progression of dementia. (without getting too personal), I ask all of you to say a prayer and keep a prayer for original Eagles founding member Randy Meisner, who is struggling with his health, as he is now in permanant retirement at his Studio City home.http://www.facebook.com/pages/1003-The-Sound-fans-page/198517276849675

Note from administrator sodascouts :This rumor is false. Randy is not suffering from dementia or Alzheimer's. - updated April 2, 2013

VAisForEagleLovers
06-17-2012, 10:34 PM
This is so very sad. I'll definitely keep him in my prayers.

whitcap
06-17-2012, 10:35 PM
Thanks Austin. I just heard about this but I hadn't got over the shock enough to post it here. Its terribly sad and my thoughts and prayers go out to him. I knew he wasn't doing well but I didn't expect anything like this.

WalshFan88
06-17-2012, 10:35 PM
As most of you know the HC lineup is my fav and Randy is my favorite bassist in the Eagles.

It's very sad and I will keep him in my prayers.

Topkat
06-17-2012, 11:27 PM
I just read this on Facebook as reported by radio station 100.3. I was very upset to hear this news. I heard that he has not been doing that great, but he is too young to be suffering from Alzheimer's & dementia. This is so sad. Very upset tonight.. Prayers going out to Randy & his family..

Victim of Love
06-17-2012, 11:46 PM
Unfortunately these diseases have no age boundaries. My thoughts and prayers are with Randy and his family during this difficult time. (This news is especially bittersweet, coming when it does. We're leaving tomorrow for a trip to Ohio for a memorial for my Gram who passed last June 22nd. In addition to her cancer she also suffered with dimentia.)

zeldabjr
06-18-2012, 02:13 AM
this is such upsetting news...I have been playing their first CD today and thinking about that original lineup so much today...then to hear this...hurts a lot...my prayers and thoughts are with Randy and his family... this may sound corny, but these guys have been such a part of my life...I feel like they are family...and when they are hurting..I hurt...can't stand thinking about anything bad happening to any of them...

SallyGee
06-18-2012, 08:55 AM
Such sad news. Having trouble processing this. I have no words....... I will pray for him and his family.

TimothyBFan
06-18-2012, 09:33 AM
I woke up to an email this morning with the link that Austin posted. This saddens me so much. I have sent an email. I hope it gives his family some comfort to know so many fans are thinking of him.

BTW--Whitney, you were the first person I thought of when I saw this.

Brooke
06-18-2012, 10:22 AM
Oh my, what sad news. I will also keep Randy and his family in my thoughts and prayers.

Windeagle
06-18-2012, 11:34 AM
Oh man. My dad has dementia. That's so hard on both the patient and the family.

Randy was my favorite Eagle for quite some time. I still love listening to him play. My thoughts go out to Randy and his family at this difficult time.

GlennLover
06-18-2012, 12:21 PM
this is such upsetting news...I have been playing their first CD today and thinking about that original lineup so much today...then to hear this...hurts a lot...my prayers and thoughts are with Randy and his family... this may sound corny, but these guys have been such a part of my life...I feel like they are family...and when they are hurting..I hurt...can't stand thinking about anything bad happening to any of them...

I have been doing & thinling the same things. Very sad & disturbing news. WE, you are so right. This disease is particularly hard on both the person and their family. I will be praying for them.

Freypower
06-18-2012, 05:49 PM
While it isn't really a surprise it is very sad news. I hope Randy & his family are able to sustain each other through this.

Glennhoney
06-18-2012, 07:31 PM
I hadn't heard anything about this until now....how very sad...:-(

Tori
06-18-2012, 08:23 PM
This is so sad, as I love Randy and his voice. Prayers are definitely going out to Randy and his family.

Ive always been a dreamer
06-19-2012, 12:43 AM
Randy will be in the thoughts of Eagles fans everywhere. I knew his health wasn't very good, but I didn't realize it was Alzheimers. I wish him the very best.

And when I read this, whitcap was also the first person I thought of.

sodascouts
06-20-2012, 05:04 AM
I'm on the ferry from Ireland to Wales and I finally have some time to take a long look at the board. I am so terribly sorry to read this. Perhaps the History of the Eagles DVD relies on older interview footage, as this report makes it sound like it's progressed far. This is awful!

Do we have an outside confirmation of his condition from a source that does not simply repeat this information?

P.S. I made this into its own thread because it's such big news.

VAisForEagleLovers
06-20-2012, 08:44 AM
[QUOTE=sodascouts;185119Do we have an outside confirmation of his condition from a source that does not simply repeat this information?
[/QUOTE]

We do not. I haven't been able to find a second 'source', nor have I been able to determine if a fan page for a radio station knows what they're talking about. But, we have heard before that he was in delicate health and at his home.

whitcap
06-20-2012, 09:41 AM
I had some doubts at first too until I saw who ran the page. I think he's a pretty reliable source when it comes to Randy info.

TimothyBFan
06-20-2012, 11:18 AM
I received an email just a bit ago from a FB friend. She happens to be a FB friend of Randy's ex-wife, Jenn, and says that Jenn confirmed in a FB message that Randy is indeed in bad health and that she is also feeling horrible about all of this. I don't know if you can consider that "confirmation" but that's what I've been told. Take it as you will.

Topkat
06-20-2012, 01:10 PM
I really don't think a radio station would spread around a rumor like that. Randy has not been in the limelight for awhile now & they would have nothing to gain by making a false statement like that. I think they were giving an update on Randy's condition, out of concern & to let his fans know what is going on & possibly end the speculation that Randy would be appearing with the Eagles for the 40th Anniversary tour... Still very upsetting news to hear.

VAisForEagleLovers
06-20-2012, 02:54 PM
I really don't think a radio station would spread around a rumor like that. Randy has not been in the limelight for awhile now & they would have nothing to gain by making a false statement like that. I think they were giving an update on Randy's condition, out of concern & to let his fans know what is going on & possibly end the speculation that Randy would be appearing with the Eagles for the 40th Anniversary tour... Still very upsetting news to hear.

I hope (and I assumed or I wouldn't have posted it) he'd have some basis, but to be clear, it's not a radio station. It wasn't on the radio station's FB page or their website. The FB page in question is a fan page for the radio station, run by someone who doesn't appear to work for the station.

TimothyBFan
06-20-2012, 03:23 PM
VA---I think that's a good assumption. From what I was told by the friend of Jenn is that the guy that runs that page is a friend of the Meisner's and therefore, will be able to get the cards, emails, etc.... to the family.

VAisForEagleLovers
06-20-2012, 03:40 PM
VA---I think that's a good assumption. From what I was told by the friend of Jenn is that the guy that runs that page is a friend of the Meisner's and therefore, will be able to get the cards, emails, etc.... to the family.

Thanks TBF!! Good to know.

Molly
06-20-2012, 03:48 PM
Saddened to hear this.

zeldabjr
06-20-2012, 04:11 PM

So do we have an actual address to send stuff to?

TimothyBFan
06-20-2012, 04:59 PM
Here's what he posted a couple days ago:

THANK YOU ALL thus far for the email well wishes for Randy Meisner. PLEASE know that all I am doing is printing each email, and puting them all in a folder and then deleting your email. Your privacy and private thoughts, are indeed secure.
Thank you all so kindly.
Please continue to email your well wishes to: rockandroll@sbcglobal.net, or send a card to Randy c/o Stephen Duncan, P.O. Box 267, Norco, Ca., 92860. I will gather all these up between now and July 3rd.

Here's the FB page.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/1003-The-Sound-fans-page/198517276849675

zeldabjr
06-20-2012, 11:54 PM
Here's what he posted a couple days ago:

THANK YOU ALL thus far for the email well wishes for Randy Meisner. PLEASE know that all I am doing is printing each email, and puting them all in a folder and then deleting your email. Your privacy and private thoughts, are indeed secure.
Thank you all so kindly.
Please continue to email your well wishes to: rockandroll@sbcglobal.net, or send a card to Randy c/o Stephen Duncan, P.O. Box 267, Norco, Ca., 92860. I will gather all these up between now and July 3rd.

Here's the FB page.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/1003-The-Sound-fans-page/198517276849675

thanks for the info TBF

lizzyplays
06-22-2012, 11:14 AM
Some of the saddest news I have heard in a very long time. I remember when I first saw it, days ago, I was in total shock. Thanks for posting the info on where to send an email or card. The least we can do as fans is to give him and his family, things to smile on and show our love and support through such a horrible experience.

Troubadour
06-24-2012, 04:30 PM
So very sad. My thoughts and prayers are with Randy and his family. Comfort to all of his friends and fans, also. It's not easy.

Thirsty&Hot
03-24-2013, 09:24 PM
:( I had no idea...so sad. This explains why he wouldn't be able to tour with them this year like I had hoped.
He seemed okay in the History of the Eagles doc...this is a shock to me.

Thirsty&Hot
04-01-2013, 11:45 PM
The FB fan page for 100.3 the Sound radio station just posted this
I have word tonight that Randy Meisner is not at all doing very well at all. Please keep him, and his frail health in your thoughts and prayers.
http://www.celebritynetworth.com/watch/vxtTN7nmt8M/fridays-tv-show-1981-show/
:pray: :(

https://www.facebook.com/pages/1003-The-Sound-fans-page/198517276849675?ref=stream (http://https://www.facebook.com/pages/1003-The-Sound-fans-page/198517276849675?ref=stream)

sodascouts
04-01-2013, 11:53 PM
Keeping in mind we haven't gotten secondary confirmation.... he's in my prayers.

Grey Sadler
04-02-2013, 12:00 AM
Keeping in mind we haven't gotten secondary confirmation.... he's in my prayers.

+1
will :pray: anyway...
Would like a better confirmation than those two links that aren't working for me...

WalshFan88
04-02-2013, 12:10 AM
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=228509777292013&id=198517276849675

That link should load.

Outlawman13
04-02-2013, 12:13 AM
He will be in my thoughts for sure. I sure hope he gets better. Poor Randy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TimothyBFan
04-02-2013, 07:34 AM
So sad!! I have heard that he is in very bad shape from a friend of his ex-wife's. Not exactly confirmation but I think that it's his ex-wife that is the source for The Sound- has been in the past anyways.

Randy's in my thoughts, regardless!!

Topkat
04-02-2013, 09:01 AM
I saw this on FB this morning...but there are no specific details.
Prayers for Randy & his family...Hope he will be Okay

GlennLover
04-02-2013, 09:31 AM
I will pray for him regardless. We do know that he isn't that well. :pray:

Grey Sadler
04-02-2013, 10:06 AM
So sad!! I have heard that he is in very bad shape from a friend of his ex-wife's. Not exactly confirmation but I think that it's his ex-wife that is the source for The Sound- has been in the past anyways.

Randy's in my thoughts, regardless!!

Honestly, I would like to have a more "official" source...the poor man not only is in bad health, but has been quite the "target" for malcontents in the last few years.

Prayers and positivity!!!!

Brooke
04-02-2013, 10:12 AM
Oh no! Prayers for Randy for sure. I hope he's going to be ok.

timfan
04-02-2013, 11:43 AM
Definitely wishing Randy and his family all the best.. He'll be in my thoughts for sure!

VAisForEagleLovers
04-02-2013, 12:09 PM
My thoughts and prayers are most definitely with Randy and his family.

Glennsallnighter
04-02-2013, 01:45 PM
Yes, mine too. I hope he recovers from this setback.

zeldabjr
04-02-2013, 02:20 PM
Honestly, I would like to have a more "official" source...the poor man not only is in bad health, but has been quite the "target" for malcontents in the last few years.

Prayers and positivity!!!!

what is this "target" thing?...??? don't know what you mean?

my daily prayer for the Eagles bass player will now be...bass players!..plural

Grey Sadler
04-02-2013, 02:28 PM
what is this "target" thing?...??? don't know what you mean?

Mr. Impostor from a few years back...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Meisner#Impostor

04-02-2013, 02:48 PM
Like all Eagles fans, my thoughts and prayers are with Randy and his family. Sending many positive vibes your way, Randy!

sodascouts
04-02-2013, 04:41 PM
IMPORTANT UPDATE:

I have been in touch with a close friend of the family and he tells me that while Randy had to go the hospital a few days ago for a collapsed lung due to obstructed breathing, he is resting at home and seems to be recuperating nicely. Any rumors you might have heard about him being really badly off are not true.

And guess what? He doesn't have Alzheimer's or dementia! That is also a false rumor.

Now, you may ask, "Why would someone make that up?" Well, I have investigated where these rumors came from and the source of them is someone who hardly ever talks to Randy nowadays. Perhaps this person was simply mistaken about his circumstances but regardless, this person's information is inaccurate.

Now we know why Randy was perfectly coherent in the doc despite claims that he had a "very bad progression of dementia" months ago. His mind is fine.

I first communicated with my source in 2009, I have talked to him extensively on the phone, and I believe him 100%.

I'm not saying Randy is the picture of health - he does have some problems and feel free to pray for him to take care of himself - but he does NOT have dementia or Alzheimer's, and he is NOT at death's door.

Grey Sadler
04-02-2013, 04:51 PM
THIS...is a relief...but a collapsed lung at any age...no picnic!!

Still praying & keeping things positive!!

timfan
04-02-2013, 05:02 PM
Great to hear!!! :hug:

Glennhoney
04-02-2013, 05:08 PM
..Good news Soda!

04-02-2013, 05:12 PM
Thanks for trying to set the record straight, Soda. Of course, it is a wonderful relief to know that he is not as bad off as some reports had indicated. Still sending lots of love and positive thoughts to Randy for a full and complete recovery.

Thirsty&Hot
04-02-2013, 05:12 PM
Thanks Nancy! You've got quite the connections! Thanks for doing that investigating to ease our worries and squash false rumors :)
What a relief to hear!
I do still wish him well with the lung issue!

SallyGee
04-02-2013, 07:37 PM
Thanks so much for that info Soda. I feel so relieved. Great news about the Alzheimer's . That is such a cruel disease. I will still keep Randy in my prayers.

AstraeaLunaAvani
04-02-2013, 07:41 PM
Oh that is a relief, thanks for updating us, Soda! I'm so glad to hear his mind is well!! But poor thing, about the lung...my first thought was oh no that would affect his singing, but does he ever still tour anymore?

zeldabjr
04-02-2013, 08:29 PM
oh Soda that is such great news about Randy...still saying prayers for his health...but such a relief to hear that about the dementia...wow...now if only Timothy's cancer was a mistake....

Brooke
04-03-2013, 09:58 AM
Wonderful news! :yay:

And Randy, please take care of yourself!

Topkat
04-03-2013, 10:46 AM
Well that is some good news....Still, a collapsed lung is a bit serious, I would think...Still Sending prayers for him

GlennLover
04-03-2013, 10:55 AM
So relieved to hear that the reports that Randy had dementia & alzheimers are false! Wishing him a speedy recovery from the collapsed lung!

Topkat
04-03-2013, 04:07 PM
Rusty Young, from the band Poco just posted the following regarding Randy's health:

Some of you may have heard that Randy Meisner is in a California hospital and you're concerned. I just talked to his wife Lana and want to give you guys the latest. Randy was at home when something he was eating obstructed his breathing and he lost consciousness. Lana rushed him to the emergency room where he got immediate care.
Things are going to be a little rough for Randy for a while, but his doctors are optimistic he’ll recover from this incident. If you can, say a little prayer or just send love Randy’s way.
Rusty

Tiffanny Twisted
04-03-2013, 04:42 PM
thanks soda...
oh randy get well soon and take care

Grey Sadler
04-03-2013, 07:09 PM
More prayers for a full recovery!!
and a :hug: for poor Lana, as well!!

TimothyBFan
04-03-2013, 07:25 PM
Well, if anyone should know, it would be Lana. Boy, that sounds rough. Hopefully all will be well soon but sounds like he still has a ways to go. Thinking of him a bunch the last couple of days.

sodascouts
04-03-2013, 11:14 PM
I just got a call from Lana Meisner myself! She wants to clarify further that while Randy isn't quite home yet, he's still responding well and she believes he will be fine.

Grey Sadler
04-03-2013, 11:16 PM
I just got a call from Lana Meisner myself! She wants to clarify further that while Randy isn't quite home yet, he's still responding well and she believes he will be fine.

Good to hear!! :thumbsup:

WalshFan88
04-04-2013, 12:32 AM
Good to hear. Prayers sent!

RebeccaLovesEagles
04-04-2013, 01:40 AM
Praying Randy will be better and home with this family soon :pray:

Tiffanny Twisted
04-04-2013, 06:32 AM
thanks soda...prayers sent yet again....:thumbsup:

prayfordaylight
04-04-2013, 08:03 AM
Glad to hear he's recovering and even more glad to hear the dementia rumours are false.

GlennLover
04-04-2013, 10:06 AM
That's wonderful! It's great that she called you directly so we know for sure the state of Randy's health>

Brooke
04-04-2013, 10:35 AM
Wonderful news!

Outlawman13
04-04-2013, 09:17 PM
Amazing news!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad he is recovering.

Thirsty&Hot
04-05-2013, 03:28 AM
:yay:
so glad to hear it Soda! Thanks!

does this mean Lana (and Randy) read this?!

also, you're on a phone call level with them?! :jealous:

Grey Sadler
04-19-2013, 07:24 PM
Well, Happy (early) Birthday & Welcome, Springbo!! :D

VAisForEagleLovers
04-19-2013, 08:53 PM
Welcome, Springbo, and happy birthday!

Outlawman13
04-19-2013, 10:55 PM
Welcome Springbo. I know you will love it here for sure. Happy birthday!!!

sodascouts
04-20-2013, 12:33 AM
Happy birthday from me as well!

GlennLover
04-20-2013, 09:36 AM
And from me! :birthday:

zeldabjr
04-20-2013, 10:10 AM
yes...Happy Birthday Springbo!!! :birthday:

Brooke
04-22-2013, 02:44 PM
Happy Birthday Springbo!