PDA

View Full Version : Reno, NV - 6/28/2012

VAisForEagleLovers
06-29-2012, 11:27 AM
A rather distant picture from last night, but better than nothing!

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/don/1.png

StephUK
06-29-2012, 07:59 PM
Did you take the photo?

Did any other Borderers go to the show?

I'd love to see a review and the set list.

Freypower
06-29-2012, 08:46 PM
Did you take the photo?

Did any other Borderers go to the show?

I'd love to see a review and the set list.

Kate went to the show. I would think that photo is from Twitter.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3561

VAisForEagleLovers
06-29-2012, 11:26 PM
Yes, I found it on Twitter this morning.

zeldabjr
06-30-2012, 10:11 PM
I hope we get to hear more about the show!!

Kate
07-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Finally I rembered my log in! Sitting in Reno airport on our way home. Show was awesome. Don said his album was coming out this fall! Will post more when I get home. Set list etc!

Brooke
07-01-2012, 03:50 PM
Great, Kate! Can't wait!

Ive always been a dreamer
07-01-2012, 04:26 PM
Yeah - I'm crossing my fingers that I'll see Don solo this year after all!

Thanks for the update Kate and can't wait to hear more!!!

Koala
07-02-2012, 01:23 AM
Can't wait to hear more about The concert!

EaglesKiwi
07-02-2012, 04:32 AM
Thanks for ppping in to post, Kate! Looking forward to hearing more when you get home safely.

Kate
07-02-2012, 01:11 PM
Back Home after a great trip to Reno/Tahoe. We went out on Wednesday, stayed at Peppermill Resort.
The Concert was at the Reno Events Center/Downtown Reno.
Don came onstage about 8:15 and as he was walking out, tripped over a cable. He was looking down shaking his head (Like -who put that there) but was smiling at himself.
He was in Jeans and Plaid Shirt. My sis said to me that he needs to update his wardrobe...LOL... I dont really care what he Wears!!!
After the first set (End of the Innocence) he asked the crowd Not to Video the concert, that is an infringement of copyright laws, etc.... Then he said "Thats the lecture for tonight"
He did not introduce the band except to mention Stuert Smith and the Bass Player during one song (Cant remember which one)
Don mentioned it was the Eagles 40th anniversary this year and that they were all working on solo projects. Then he said "Go Figure" He said he has finished a Country album and it would be out this fall.... (yeah, right)
Show was approximately 1 1/2hr with 1 Encore....
The venue was really nice, could seat approximately 6000. Someone said they had sold approx 3000 tickets.
Security was on top of people trying to video and also telling people to please sit during the concert. This made for a very enjoyable experience just being able to absorb the music and Don!
I did get some pics, but as I wear glasses for distance, I take lousy pics cause I cant really see my camera screen close up.... I will try to post some later.
Set List:
End of the Innocence
Dirty Laundry
Long Run
Sunset Grill
Witchy Woman
Everything is Different Now (That one surprised me)
NY Minute
Last Worthless Evening
One of These Nights
Rule the World
Heart of the Matter
Boys of Summer
All She wants to do is Dance
Life in the Fastlane
ENCORE:
Hotel California
Desperado

We spent the Days (Thurs, Fri, Sat) at Lake Tahoe and it was Beautiful. The weather was great (80's No Humidity) Went on a boat ride, Sat on the Beach, Had some great meals, met some nice people.
I would recommend Reno/Tahoe as a vacation spot. It was a lot of fun and easy to get around.

Kate.

BramwenR
07-02-2012, 03:08 PM
Back Home after a great trip to Reno/Tahoe. We went out on Wednesday, stayed at Peppermill Resort.
The Concert was at the Reno Events Center/Downtown Reno.
Don came onstage about 8:15 and as he was walking out, tripped over a cable. He was looking down shaking his head (Like -who put that there) but was smiling at himself.
He was in Jeans and Plaid Shirt. My sis said to me that he needs to update his wardrobe...LOL... I dont really care what he Wears!!!
After the first set (End of the Innocence) he asked the crowd Not to Video the concert, that is an infringement of copyright laws, etc.... Then he said "Thats the lecture for tonight"
He did not introduce the band except to mention Stuert Smith and the Bass Player during one song (Cant remember which one)
Don mentioned it was the Eagles 40th anniversary this year and that they were all working on solo projects. Then he said "Go Figure" He said he has finished a Country album and it would be out this fall.... (yeah, right)
Show was approximately 1 1/2hr with 1 Encore....
The venue was really nice, could seat approximately 6000. Someone said they had sold approx 3000 tickets.
Security was on top of people trying to video and also telling people to please sit during the concert. This made for a very enjoyable experience just being able to absorb the music and Don!
I did get some pics, but as I wear glasses for distance, I take lousy pics cause I cant really see my camera screen close up.... I will try to post some later.
Set List:
End of the Innocence
Dirty Laundry
Long Run
Sunset Grill
Witchy Woman
Everything is Different Now (That one surprised me)
NY Minute
Last Worthless Evening
One of These Nights
Rule the World
Heart of the Matter
Boys of Summer
All She wants to do is Dance
Life in the Fastlane
ENCORE:
Hotel California
Desperado

We spent the Days (Thurs, Fri, Sat) at Lake Tahoe and it was Beautiful. The weather was great (80's No Humidity) Went on a boat ride, Sat on the Beach, Had some great meals, met some nice people.
I would recommend Reno/Tahoe as a vacation spot. It was a lot of fun and easy to get around.

Kate.

Sounds like a super evening for you, Kate..he did Witchy Woman?? That is one of my faves and it was missing from the F1 Tour, it would have made that DVD experience complete for me..they need to include it in the next set list.

Don't you think his voice has gotten so much better with age?! I noticed it with Waiting in the Weeds and LROOE more..two of my new faves by the way.

Ah, Don's thing about copyright..but had no problem with photos?? Well, that's his prerogative.

A friend of mine lives in Nevada, lucky you getting the heat, it's 7 C hwere I live this morning, brrrr!!! Glad you soaked up some rays, it sounds like a nice relaxing trip :)

Glennsallnighter
07-02-2012, 06:46 PM
Safe home Kate! I'm dying to hear all about Don's show too! Did you manage to take any pictures?

zeldabjr
07-03-2012, 01:06 AM
sounds like an awesome show Kate...I'm very jealous!!!...glad you had a great time in addition to Don's show...he needs to visit us in the east!!

Koala
07-03-2012, 01:10 AM
Thanks for your review, Kate! Glad you had a good time! :)

Brooke
07-03-2012, 09:29 AM
Great review Kate! Glad you had a good time and Don was sounding great!

sodascouts
07-03-2012, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the review!

Exciting news about Don's album coming out in the fall... although, like Kate, I wouldn't be too surprised if that date is pushed back yet again. But surely it will come out SOMETIME and the closer the date he gives, the better the chances are that it'll be sooner rather than later.

The "Go figure" comment about them all doing solo projects during the band's 40th anniversary made me laugh.

Ah, Don's thing about copyright..but had no problem with photos?? Well, that's his prerogative.

If I take a photo, it's copyrighted to me. The "no photos allowed" issue is a separate one from the copyright issue. When I take photos where photography is forbidden by the venue, I am not violating copyright; I am violating venue policy, like smoking in a non-smoking area. As for the artist, he can't stop you from taking photos - he can just ask you to refrain and hope you respect his wishes.

The reason for this is that a person can't copyright his body. He didn't create himself! lol

He can stop images of himself being used for commercial purposes to a certain degree - for instance, I can't take a photo of Don Henley wearing a certain brand of plaid shirt and then use it on advertisements for that brand of plaid shirt without his consent. Even that is not a copyright issue; it's under rights of publicity. The problem was not that I took the photo, but that I attempted to use it to promote a product/service/etc.

However, there are exceptions even to that. As TMZ, The Enquirer, and similar media outlets attest, photos of public figures can indeed be sold by the photographer and used to sell papers/get hits on websites without the subject's permission.

Ive always been a dreamer
07-03-2012, 01:33 PM
sounds like an awesome show Kate...I'm very jealous!!!...glad you had a great time in addition to Don's show...he needs to visit us in the east!!

I second every single word of your post, Zelda!!!

Thank you, Kate! :thumbsup:

VAisForEagleLovers
07-03-2012, 02:36 PM
Pictures of Don in concert last week!

http://www.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Avis=J7&Dato=20120703&Kategori=ENT&Lopenr=703005&Ref=PH/Don+Henley+in+Reno

Victim of Love
07-03-2012, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the review and your impressions, Kate. Sounds like a really great time. Looking forward to you feedback on Joe's show on the 15th! Have a wonderful time.

StephUK
07-03-2012, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the review and set list Kate. Look forward to seeing your photos.

Kate
07-04-2012, 03:22 PM
So, I have some pics on my computer but cant upload? anybody have advise for this helpless person???

VAisForEagleLovers
07-04-2012, 04:12 PM
It works best if you upload to Flickr or Photobucket, then copy and paste the IMG codes to the thread four or five at a time.