PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee, WI 7-3-12

Tori
07-05-2012, 01:35 PM
I suppose I should post about the concert now! :)

We took the bus to the Summerfest grounds, which was quite interesting because it was crammed full of twenty-something-year-olds who were already drinking. When we got to the grounds, it was hot. Really hot. So we sat by the lakefront and drank lots of water and just chilled out for a while.

We headed to the Miller Lite Oasis at about 9 PM, about an hour before Joe's set started. All the good spots in front had already been taken, which disappointed me, but we settled for a spot back near the sound and light equipment, which was an OK spot. The US Bank Fireworks started at about 9:30 and continued through about the first half of Joe's set. The finale happened right at the end of Rocky Mountain Way, which was one of the most awesome things I have ever seen.

Joe was really happy and still seemed really energetic despite the heat.

The setlist was pretty much the same as Naperville's. We left right after Life In The Fast Lane to beat the crowds to the bus, and as we were walking away he played ILBTs, so I don't know if All Night Long was played.

Overall, it was an awesome concert and it just made me excited for the next time I can see any of the guys in concert! :thumbsup:

Glennsallnighter
07-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Sounds like you had a great time Tori, and the heat does not seem to be bothering Joe at all according to both you and Soda.

Love your sig banner!

Ive always been a dreamer
07-05-2012, 04:16 PM
Thanks for the review, Tori and glad you enjoyed yourself. It's too bad it's been so hot for these past few shows, but it seems like Joe is a trooper, and is on top of his game no matter what! Maybe it's because he's cool! (Okay - I know that was lame, but I couldn't help myself!) :partytime:

Brooke
07-06-2012, 10:46 AM
Thanks for filling us in, Tori! Glad you had a good time in spite of the heat!

Yup, Joe's cool! :thumbsup:

VAisForEagleLovers
07-06-2012, 11:02 AM
Everybody says so!

Tori, so glad you had a good time! I'm looking forward to the show in August.

sodascouts
07-08-2012, 11:28 PM
Thanks for the review! Seeing the fireworks during the songs instead of after them sounds SO cool!

Henley Honey
07-13-2012, 05:35 PM
I suppose I should post about the concert now! :)

We took the bus to the Summerfest grounds, which was quite interesting because it was crammed full of twenty-something-year-olds who were already drinking. When we got to the grounds, it was hot. Really hot. So we sat by the lakefront and drank lots of water and just chilled out for a while.

We headed to the Miller Lite Oasis at about 9 PM, about an hour before Joe's set started. All the good spots in front had already been taken, which disappointed me, but we settled for a spot back near the sound and light equipment, which was an OK spot. The US Bank Fireworks started at about 9:30 and continued through about the first half of Joe's set. The finale happened right at the end of Rocky Mountain Way, which was one of the most awesome things I have ever seen.

Joe was really happy and still seemed really energetic despite the heat.

The setlist was pretty much the same as Naperville's. We left right after Life In The Fast Lane to beat the crowds to the bus, and as we were walking away he played ILBTs, so I don't know if All Night Long was played.

Overall, it was an awesome concert and it just made me excited for the next time I can see any of the guys in concert! :thumbsup:

I was off the board and missed your post till now. I'm so glad you had a good time and that you have "cool" parents who would go with you. Remember that the next time you're asked to do the dishes but don't feel like it! Sounds like it was a blast. Beautiful lakefront setting, Joe and fireworks. Thanks for the review!