PDA

View Full Version : Biloxi, MS 7-13-12

whitcap
07-14-2012, 10:29 AM
I'd definitely go see Felder again in a heartbeat. His show last night rocked. I thought that he did justice to all of the Eagles songs that he performed. He played two new songs for us. I really like them and they got a good response from the crowd. His new album is coming out in the first week of October.

After the show a crowd of us had gathered by the stage and Felder came back out and shook hands, took pictures and signed autographs. He signed my Airborne CD insert. I'll post a pic of it shortly :)

I can't remember the order of the songs but I think I remember all of them:

Eagles songs:

Hotel California
Already Gone
One of These Nights
Peaceful Easy Feeling
Tequila Sunrise
Those Shoes
Victim of Love
Seven Bridges Road
The Long Run
Witchy Woman
Heartache Tonight
Life in the Fast Lane
Take It Easy

Solo songs:

Heavy Metal (Takin' a Ride)
Wash Away the Pain (new song)
Fall From the Grace of Love (new song)

He also did Stevie Ray Vaughn's Pride and Joy

HC and AG were first and HT, LITFL and TIE were last but that's the only bit of order I can remember. Everyone was on their feet for the last three songs.

VAisForEagleLovers
07-14-2012, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the review, WC! I'm glad you had such a good time. Unfortunately, he's not playing any shows near me...so far...except for the Annapolis show which is two hours away and I already have a commitment for anyway.

October? That seems so far away but I guess it's not.

whitcap
07-14-2012, 10:50 AM
Here's what he signed for me :)

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc507/wkc81491/Autograph.jpg

Koala
07-14-2012, 12:17 PM
Thanks for your review, WC!

Here's what he signed for me :)

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc507/wkc81491/Autograph.jpg

How Cool!:smokin:

Brooke
07-14-2012, 02:11 PM
Wc, glad you enjoyed it and how cool that you got an autograph!

sodascouts
07-14-2012, 04:53 PM
Thanks for posting the info. The autograph is very cool, and I'm glad you liked the new songs! Hopefully, when Felder tours behind his new album, we will get even more solo material.

sodascouts
07-14-2012, 07:11 PM
I Don't Wanna Fall (another new song. I'm not sure if that's the title since he didn't say what it was but that was the line he repeated the most)

Do you think it might be "Fall from the Grace of Love", which is mentioned here (http://www.b1027.com/music/rock-report/37316-don-felder-solo-album-coming.html) as the upcoming single?

whitcap
07-14-2012, 08:12 PM
Do you think it might be "Fall from the Grace of Love", which is mentioned here (http://www.b1027.com/music/rock-report/37316-don-felder-solo-album-coming.html) as the upcoming single?

Yep. That's gotta be it.

SallyGee
07-14-2012, 09:20 PM
Very cool, WC! So happy for you!

Ive always been a dreamer
07-14-2012, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the excellent review, whitcap and that is awesome that you were able to get your Airborne sleeve autographed. Good for you! :partytime:

zeldabjr
07-15-2012, 10:00 AM
Glad you enjoyed Don's show WC...and cool that he came back out and signed autographs!...he is coming to Niagara Falls in Aug, but I don't know if I could get anyone to go with me..

WalshFan88
07-15-2012, 08:27 PM
Glad to hear it was great!

Very cool about the autograph too! :)

EaglesKiwi
07-24-2012, 04:44 AM
Glad you had a good time, Whitcap!

I'm a little hesitant to say this, but it does seem strange to me that Felder would perform Take It Easy, Witchy Woman and Peaceful Easy Feeling - all of which were from before he joined the Eagles. I do understand that he originally played on and in some cases co-wrote many other Eagles songs and might want to include them in a solo concert (and might enjoy singing stuff he didn't get to do lead vocals on during the band days), but I just don't quite "get" the inclusion of those 3. They don't stand out as being "guitar hero" material, either. Instead, they are all absolutely iconic Eagles songs that in my mind are indelibly associated with Frey and Henley.

With so many other Eagles songs in his setlist, I'm surprised he didn't take the opportunity to branch out and include something really different...

Freypower
07-24-2012, 06:51 PM

I'm a little hesitant to say this, but it does seem strange to me that Felder would perform Take It Easy, Witchy Woman and Peaceful Easy Feeling - all of which were from before he joined the Eagles. I do understand that he originally played on and in some cases co-wrote many other Eagles songs and might want to include them in a solo concert (and might enjoy singing stuff he didn't get to do lead vocals on during the band days), but I just don't quite "get" the inclusion of those 3. They don't stand out as being "guitar hero" material, either. Instead, they are all absolutely iconic Eagles songs that in my mind are indelibly associated with Frey and Henley.

With so many other Eagles songs in his setlist, I'm surprised he didn't take the opportunity to branch out and include something really different...

He also does Tequila Sunrise, which he also didn't play on and which is also not a 'guitar hero' song.

He used to do Stevie Wonder's Superstition. If he did more covers by other artists it would draw attention to the dearth of material that he can currently use.

Ive always been a dreamer
07-26-2012, 10:13 PM

EK - ITA with you about this and have said pretty much the same thing on the board several times. I really hope that with his new album coming out, Don will drop the songs you mentioned from his setlist and play more stuff from the new album. Or at least, as you said, perform Eagles songs that he was part of recording and that showcase his guitar skills more.