View Full Version : Don Felder Online

Marco
05-14-2007, 12:36 PM
Well,
He's an Eagles so
Why there isn't Don Felder Online???

sodascouts
05-14-2007, 12:46 PM
Well, because I can't afford to buy another domain. If you buy it, I'll be happy to help you with it. :) However, you would need to be willing to collect information on lyrics (I don't know Felder's solo work), find photos (I don't have any of him outside of the Eagles), help write a bio (I know little about his life), and help find downloads (I don't have any solo shows on bootlegs).

It's not easy as pie to put up these sites. It takes time, effort, and money. I can't do it by myself. It's all I can do to make GFO the best it can be. I can't do sites for all the other Eagles as well, and make them as high-quality as each Eagle deserves. However, when other fans are willing to help, high-quality sites for other Eagles become possible. Others have taken charge of DHO and TBSO, and so those sites are online right now. Even so, I am having trouble finding a fan to be the head webmaster for Joe, much less Felder.

In truth, these are not "my" sites. They belong to the people who stepped up to run them. I just set them up.

Will you step up for Felder? If you are not going to step up, then don't complain.

Edited to add: I'm sorry if I sounded harsh, Marco. I understand why you would like a site set up for your favorite. He is a fine guitarist; he is not undeserving. I wish I could do them all - if I had the time and the money, I would.

However, there is already an excellent Felder site:

http://www.felderfans.com

Freypower
05-14-2007, 07:14 PM
And in addition.... I hate to be pedantic but he has not been a member of the Eagles since 2001. The sites Soda and the other webmistresses have set up are for the current members.

Marco
05-17-2007, 10:23 AM
Yes Freypower, I know that
but why he left the Eagles?

sodascouts
05-17-2007, 12:48 PM
Because Frey and Henley didn't want him around anymore.

Marco
05-19-2007, 08:20 AM
Why?? What He did??

I think He's the best friend of Walsh

sodascouts
05-19-2007, 01:19 PM
Marco, I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but Felder initiated a lawsuit on this matter that has been going on for years (Felder was fired in 2000). I don't know all the ins and outs - I'm just a fan, and I don't have the time or the desire to dig around in court records in order to get information that the band has not chosen to release. However, here is a brief summary of the things that have been made public:

Felder was unhappy with the distribution of the Eagles' profits. He thought he deserved more - that Frey and Henley were cheating him by using various methods to ensure they got a larger share of the money. The main method that Felder complained about publicly was Frey and Henley's demand that Felder agree to a smaller percentage of future profits in order to join the Hell Freezes Over reunion. Felder thought this, as well as some of the other methods used to funnel money towards Henley/Frey, were both unethical and unfair. He claims he didn't understand the extent of them until his profits underwent an accounting in the late nineties.

Frey and Henley have argued that any legal methods they use are fair and ethical because they deserve more as the principal songwriters, lead vocalists, and raison d'etre of the Eagles (no Frey/Henley = no Eagles). They have stated that while it's true Felder had made less money percentage-wise, he still made millions off of the Eagles regardless and therefore he had no right to complain. Regarding the Hell Freezes Over agreement, they argue that they didn't have to ask him to join the reunion, but they did, and therefore he has them to thank for greatly increasing his wealth. If he didn't like taking a smaller cut of future profits, then he shouldn't have agreed to it in the first place. In their minds, it is reasonable to extend this argument to any future demands that they would make before including Felder in post-reunion activities such as a new album or future tour. Just as before, if Felder didn't like any new demands they would make further decreasing his take of the profits, he could always leave. They believe he should be grateful for what he got instead of dissatisfied with the smaller percentage. Whatever the amount was, it was still a lot bigger number than zero!

Felder disagreed with that kind of logic. When Felder started making a stink about it and allegedly hampering both touring and recording, Frey, Henley, and their manager Irving Azoff played Donald Trump and announced "You're fired!" Here is an article giving basic information on the matter:

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/articles/latimesfelder.htm

In that article, we see both sides as they have been presented by their lawyers. However, it was written 5 years ago, and only covers it minimally.

I'm sure there were other factors, too, that have not been made public. I don't know how much light Felder's book will shed on any of this, if any.

theeguest
05-19-2007, 08:32 PM
marcos don't believe them they tell lies, LIES, LIES, ALL LIES!!!!

Ive always been a dreamer
05-20-2007, 02:06 AM
Just to add one more thing to what Soda said. The lawsuits have supposedly been settled by the parties. However, the court date to finalize the settlement has been postponed a couple of times. I believe the next court date is June 6. I guess we'll see if it really happens or will there be, yet, one more postponement?

theeguest
05-20-2007, 05:47 PM
Just to add one more thing to what Soda said. The lawsuits have supposedly been settled by the parties. However, the court date to finalize the settlement has been postponed a couple of times. I believe the next court date is June 6. I guess we'll see if it really happens or will there be, yet, one more postponement?

But seriously, are you serious? The lawsuit is not completely done?

Marco
05-21-2007, 12:43 AM
I really hope that Felder come back with the Eagles

Freypower
05-21-2007, 12:50 AM
I'm sorry Marco, but Felder was dismissed by Frey and Henley. What makes you think they would have him back after he sued them for millions of dollars? They do not want to work with him. Hard as it may be for some people to accept this, it is a fact.

It would be better for Felder to put all this behind him and actually consider producing music again. Of course, it would also be nice if the Eagles considered this too. :|

Glennsallnighter
05-21-2007, 06:19 AM
I can't see Don and Glenn welcoming Felder back with open arms either....

sodascouts
05-21-2007, 06:01 PM

But seriously, are you serious? The lawsuit is not completely done?

I guess we'll see.