PDA

View Full Version : Don just answered my questions

chaim
07-23-2012, 03:09 PM
Thank you, the Felderfans staff!

I copy+pasted this stuff from the web site:

"Toni wanted to know if Glenn plays anything on the original version of Hotel California or if he’s just singing background vocals."

(I've always wondered what Glenn played!)

Don: I really can’t recall what he played but it would have been either a reggae part (which I think Joe replaced) or another acoustic (which Glenn played on stage.)

My other question:

"There are harmonized (lead) guitars in One Of These Nights (throughout the song) and Too Many Hands (choruses). Who played them? Thanks again,” – Toni"

(I added "I think Glenn did, but I'm probably wrong" at the end, but it was, quite understandably, edited out)

Don:

"In those days Glenn and I played most of the electric harmony guitar parts."

The last answer is interesting, because it doesn't rule out the possibility that Glenn played all the harmony parts in OOTN. As I've said before, I remember Don saying in an old interview (when the album had just come out) something like, "After Glenn does the introduction....".
So I still don't know who played the harmonies in OOTN and who played 'em in TMH, but it's very likely Don doesn't remember such details. It was, after all, decades ago.

As for Hotel California, the part Glenn plays live, isn't on the album (with a capo on the 2nd fret). I think there are extra acoustic guitars only in the choruses. So Glenn probably played them, or some of those reggae bits Don mentioned. Don's answer clearly suggests that Glenn did play something in the song. So I don't need to worry about it anymore. :mrgreen:

Anyway, I'm glad Don kindly took the time to read and answer my silly questions!

sodascouts
07-23-2012, 03:47 PM
Very cool! Thanks for the info, Det. Chaim!

Troubadour
07-23-2012, 03:59 PM
If you don't ask, you don't get! :thumbsup: Nice work.

WalshFan88
07-23-2012, 06:49 PM
Very cool!

I'm happy he answered my question last year about what Les Paul pickups he uses.... So shocked I got my question answered!

Ive always been a dreamer
07-24-2012, 04:26 PM
That is so cool that Don is answering questions from fans. Now, I wonder if he would be willing to shed some light on the credits for the song, On the Border and finally solve the endless debate among fans. :lol:

For anyone who may not be familar with the song credits, here goes ...

ON THE BORDER: Lead Vocal: Don Henley, T.N.T.S.: Coach, Claps: The Clapetts, Written By: Don Henley, Bernie Leadon, Glenn Frey

chaim
07-24-2012, 04:47 PM
That is so cool that Don is answering questions from fans. Now, I wonder if he would be willing to shed some light on the credits for the song, On the Border and finally solve the endless debate among fans. :lol:

For anyone who may not be familar with the song credits, here goes ...

ON THE BORDER: Lead Vocal: Don Henley, T.N.T.S.: Coach, Claps: The Clapetts, Written By: Don Henley, Bernie Leadon, Glenn Frey

I've always found that "Claps: The Clapetts" absolutely hilarious!