PDA

View Full Version : Paul McCartney to have PBS Special with an appearance by Joe

VAisForEagleLovers
07-26-2012, 10:46 PM
A new TV special featuring Paul McCartney performing songs from his latest studio album Kisses on the Bottom will premiere on PBS stations on Sept. 7. Joe plays on several tunes. Check local listings!

http://www.classichitsandoldies.com/v2/2012/07/26/new-paul-mccartney-pbs-special-to-air-in-september/

Tiffanny Twisted
07-27-2012, 06:14 AM
Thanks.

I'll mark the calender

Prettymaid
07-27-2012, 07:10 AM
Wonderful! I love Paul and Joe, and together? Should be fun!

zeldabjr
07-27-2012, 11:58 AM
definitely have to mark the calendar...and also tell my sis...she's the Beatles freak in the family!

Shadowland07
07-27-2012, 04:58 PM
sweet!!! that's on my birthday :partytime:

mustangkim11
07-27-2012, 06:18 PM
Awesome!

WalshFan88
07-28-2012, 12:53 AM
Very cool!

Troubadour
07-30-2012, 07:39 AM
Something to look forward to!

zeldabjr
09-07-2012, 02:25 AM
disappointed...my PBS station isn't airing this until 9/29:-(...was looking forward to seeing Joe tonight!

VAisForEagleLovers
09-07-2012, 08:13 AM
I just saw that some of them aired it yesterday. I hope no one missed it. Check for it online somewhere tomorrow.

Prettymaid
09-07-2012, 08:48 AM
I just checked - ours airs tonight! I've set my dvr. Thanks for the reminder!

mustangkim11
09-07-2012, 07:43 PM
DVR locked and loaded!

Prettymaid
09-07-2012, 09:17 PM
Okay, I'm watching it, and it's kind of comical because so far Joe is sitting there...no guitar...just sitting there! Lol!

WalshFan88
09-07-2012, 09:18 PM
:hilarious:

Ive always been a dreamer
09-07-2012, 10:04 PM
I just finished watching the show as well. Joe got quite a bit of face time. At the end, there was also a shot of Marjorie applauding in the "audience".

Prettymaid
09-07-2012, 10:05 PM
Okay, Joe played acoustic on one song and electric on another and did a great job. But for me, someone who doesn't appreciate the old standards, that was not very pleasant to watch.

sodascouts
09-08-2012, 04:07 PM
I'm afraid I missed it - my power went out again last night. So they just did oldies? No Beatles?

Prettymaid
09-09-2012, 06:01 PM
Just oldies. :-(

It wasn't a total waste for me. There were a LOT of great musicians there, but I didn't care for the songs themselves.

Ive always been a dreamer
09-09-2012, 09:16 PM
I couldn't agree with you more, PM. As much as I love Sir Paul, I'm not at all impressed by his song selection or vocals on this album. It actually really makes me appreciate some of Glenn's choices on After Hours a bit more.

Brooke
09-11-2012, 04:09 PM
Well, I guess I didn't miss a lot then. I even wrote myself a note to dvr it and then forgot to get the note out of my purse at home! :hilarious: I don't know, that might not be funny.............

Topkat
09-11-2012, 05:36 PM
For some reason I did not get this on tv. I checked the guide about 10 times & I guess that I do not get PBS. I really wanted to see it, so I'm hoping it will play again, maybe on a different channel.

VAisForEagleLovers
09-11-2012, 06:50 PM
For some reason I did not get this on tv. I checked the guide about 10 times & I guess that I do not get PBS. I really wanted to see it, so I'm hoping it will play again, maybe on a different channel.

Really? I live out in the sticks and I get no less than three PBS stations. You don't get channel 13 WNET? I did a quick search and it seems to be the most popular result for NYC.

zeldabjr
09-11-2012, 06:51 PM

I went to my local PBS station's website and looked up the special..and they're not showing it until the end of the month...maybe try that TK

Tiffanny Twisted
09-11-2012, 08:04 PM
Well, I guess I didn't miss a lot then. I even wrote myself a note to dvr it and then forgot to get the note out of my purse at home! :hilarious: I don't know, that might not be funny.............
yeah , it is cause it is so me too...lol:hilarious:

VAisForEagleLovers
09-11-2012, 08:10 PM

This happened to me a lot and one of the first apps I got when I got my smartphone was the DirecTV app. So I can program the thing from wherever I am when I hear about it. It's easier than using the remote, half the time I use the phone to do it when sitting in front of the TV!

Topkat
09-12-2012, 12:03 AM
I do get Channel 13 WNET but it was not playing on that station that night. I'm not sure why? They had this Stand Up To Cancer Show on almost every channel.
I will check for a replay.

Brooke
09-12-2012, 09:39 AM
This happened to me a lot and one of the first apps I got when I got my smartphone was the DirecTV app. So I can program the thing from wherever I am when I hear about it. It's easier than using the remote, half the time I use the phone to do it when sitting in front of the TV!

It came on at my house at 8 pm. I did remember at about 8:55; it was already in the commercials. :-(

ETA: I may have to break down and get a smart phone. :shock:

Prettymaid
09-12-2012, 06:38 PM

I thought this was great when I read it, so I checked to see if they have an app for my cable company and they do! Only problen is, I have to know my password to set it up and I can't remember it. Click on the 'forgot password' you say? I tried that, and it asks what make and model my first car was. Well, we can't even remember which of us set up the account, so I tried my first car and then Hubby's....no go. I can't get any further than that.

Glennhoney
09-12-2012, 08:26 PM
...am watching it now...just saw Joe..:thumbsup:

VAisForEagleLovers
09-19-2012, 09:29 AM
DVD to be released here in the States...

http://www.maccablog.com/en/n-paulmccartney-livekisses-releaseannouncedintheunitedstates-9632.html

GlennLover
09-19-2012, 02:18 PM
I see the show listed for Sept 29 on the PBS station that I get (Toronto-Buffalo). I'll decide about the DVD after I watch the broadcast.

zeldabjr
09-19-2012, 05:01 PM
I see the show listed for Sept 29 on the PBS station that I get (Toronto-Buffalo). I'll decide about the DVD after I watch the broadcast.

wow GL...it seems funny that you get our PBS station in New Brunswick...that seems so far away to me...or maybe it isn't as far as I think it is...my geography is not so good!...will have to get my atlas out!...but I keep forgetting that our station covers Toronto too...

Tiffanny Twisted
09-19-2012, 08:28 PM
good to know. Thanks Va...
Its on my list of things to buy.

tt

GlennLover
09-25-2012, 08:35 PM
wow GL...it seems funny that you get our PBS station in New Brunswick...that seems so far away to me...or maybe it isn't as far as I think it is...my geography is not so good!...will have to get my atlas out!...but I keep forgetting that our station covers Toronto too...

The stations that we get seem to have little to do with geography. Toronto is a 2 hour plane ride from us. We used to get PBS from Maine, which as far as I know is the closest PBS station to us. We also got a couple of network stations from Bangor. Then they changed to Boston stations to Detroit & back to Boston. It must depend on where our cable company gets the best deal. :shrug: