PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Sioux Falls Jazz & Blues Festival - 7/28

VAisForEagleLovers
08-02-2012, 04:55 PM
Joe helped set an attendance record! Nearly 60,000 went to see him. Wow.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20120730/ENT/120730020/JazzFest-sets-attendance-record?odyssey=nav|head

zeldabjr
08-02-2012, 05:06 PM
Joe helped set an attendance record! Nearly 60,000 went to see him. Wow.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20120730/ENT/120730020/JazzFest-sets-attendance-record?odyssey=nav|head

Let's hear it for Joe:yay::yay::yay::applause::applause:...

sodascouts
08-12-2012, 11:40 PM
I found the setlist for this show:

01. Intro
02. Welcome To the Club
03. A Life of Illusion
04. Walk Away
05. Analog Man
06. Rocky Mountain Way
07. I Shall Be Released
08. Lucky That Way
09. The Bomber
10. Turn To Stone
11. In the City
12. Blues Jam
13. Funk 49
14. Life's Been Good
15. Life In the Fast Lane
16. I Like Big Tits
17. All Night Long

Brooke
08-13-2012, 10:04 AM
Only 2 songs from Analog Man? Strange.

And I have to say it, why is he doing ILBT's? I'm sorry, but that's just wrong! I'm surprised Marjorie is ok with it. jmo

sodascouts
08-13-2012, 12:04 PM
And I have to say it, why is he doing ILBT's? I'm sorry, but that's just wrong! I'm surprised Marjorie is ok with it. jmo

Yeah, that song is so tacky and lame (sorry Joe). I know there are some that find it funny but I just roll my eyes and wait for the imbecility to end. Even worse, it replaced one of my favorite songs, the beautiful "Pretty Maids All in a Row." That's a song of such emotional power... and it got traded for ILBTs?!! WTH?!

I'm not surprised Marjorie is OK with it in the sense that it's just a joke, but on the other hand if I were her I would want my husband to stop making such a juvenile display. I'd say, "Honey, it's not that I'm offended, I'm just embarrassed for you. Stop making a fool of yourself! And while you're at it, play 'Wrecking Ball'!" lol

Brooke
08-13-2012, 01:40 PM
Yeah, it's a joke, but Joe is all grown up now. Let's find another way to be funny. Anything is better than that! He portrays such a classy image these days that that song is just too juvenile. I would pick Fishbone over that any day!

Ive always been a dreamer
08-14-2012, 09:25 PM
Unfortunately, the song is quite a crowd-pleaser. I'm with y'all in that I'd much prefer PMAIAR or One Day At a Time or Wrecking Ball, but ILBTs seems to go over well, and it's just Joe being silly. Oddly enough, last night, when Joe introduced the song, he said that it was a song that he doesn't usually do. I kinda doubt that it bothers Marjorie at all. I guess they both figure it's all about entertaining the audience.

Freypower
08-14-2012, 09:28 PM
Unfortunately, the song is quite a crowd-pleaser. I'm with y'all in that I'd much prefer PMAIAR or One Day At a Time or Wrecking Ball, but ILBTs seems to go over well, and it's just Joe being silly. Oddly enough, last night, when Joe introduced the song, he said that it was a song that he doesn't usually do. I kinda doubt that it bothers Marjorie at all. I guess they both figure it's all about entertaining the audience.

'He doesn't usually do it'? Why then has it appeared on every setlist I have read from this tour?

Wow, Joe, if you don't want to play more new songs, at least do something decent like Rosewood Bitters.

Ive always been a dreamer
08-14-2012, 09:35 PM
'He doesn't usually do it'? Why then has it appeared on every setlist I have read from this tour?

He has done the song the last 2 times that I've seen him and I agree, I think it's a fixture in the setlist on this tour - usually as part of the encore. At least, last night it wasn't in the encore, but I did find the introduction of the song puzzling.

Prettymaid
08-14-2012, 09:43 PM
He didn't do it at my Naperville show (thank goodness).

Maybe he just means that in the big picture he doesn't usually do it. (Not just this tour).

Tiffanny Twisted
08-15-2012, 06:25 AM
He did ILBTs and Rosewood Bitters when we saw him In AC at Borgata last year.

I enjoyed the whole show cause he was just so enteraning. I could hardly believe that he was standing right in front of me.

LOve the new cd!

TT