PDA

View Full Version : Academy of Country Music Awards

Brooke
05-16-2007, 10:35 AM
I really like a lot of the country artists and watched this show last night. It was really a good show, set in Vegas.

As some of you probably have heard me say before, I'm not a big fan of the brass section in the Eagles concerts. No offense against any of them personally, I just don't think they should change things that aren't broken! Anyway, I noticed brass sections, 4 people in each, in Kenny Chesney's, Toby Keith's, and Brooks & Dunn's bands! I couldn't believe it! :shock:

Maleah
05-16-2007, 12:51 PM
I love county music as well and really enjoyed the show! I was really excited to see Martina McBride perform, since I'll be seeing her later on this year. :wink: She was amazing! Carrie Underwood was very good as well........but I wanted Martina to win female vocalist :?

The moment with Tim McGraw's song and the dedication and audience reaction was beautiful. Brought tears to my eyes!

I love Rascal Flatts........but whenever they sing on tv they almost always sound horrible! They messed up their own lyrics VERY badly as well! :laugh:

I love Brad Paisley too........great guitarist! His songs crack me up too lol

I hope Reba sounds better with Don than she did with Kelly Clarkson :shock: Or maybe it's just that I'm so used to hearing Kelly sing that song on her own (and sound AMAZING!) that I just didn't want to hear Reba sing it. lol It makes me wonder though, if the song Reba/Don duet on will be a Don (or Eagles) song. If it's a Don song....I could see it being HOTM. If it's an Eagles song.......who knows. lol Desperado?

Brooke
05-16-2007, 01:55 PM
I didn't care much for Reba's/Kelly's song together either. Just kind of a ho-hum moment. I haven't heard Kelly's version. I'll have to check it out. Reba on HOTM with Don would be very good, I agree.

I think my favorite moment was Taylor Swift singing Tim McGraw. To come out there on that stage with just a guitar and mike headset and perform before millions....at 17 years old....awesome! Definitely a talent we'll see more of. And singing it to the man himself towards the end.... I would have been horribly :nervous: But she pulled it off with great poise. :applause:

I love Brad Paisely, too. He seems so genuine and down to earth and some of his songs are a hoot!

And I agree with Reba on Martina....that girl can just flat out sing! :D

Maleah
05-16-2007, 07:19 PM
The Taylor moment was really cute. Not only singing in front of millions (including tv audience lol), but singing a song called "tim mcgraw" in front of Tim and Faith?! I'd have passed out! I never really cared for the song, but she impressed me last night!

I was reading an article on Martina somewhere and it blew me away to read that she's never had voice lessons, she doesn't even warm up most of the time before a show, and her voice gets stronger the longer she sings (that's why she puts her most difficult songs near the end of her set).

EasyFeeling
05-18-2007, 04:10 AM
Sadly I'm not able to see the CMA in Germany. :( But I think I didn't miss something important since Keith didn't appear this time. :wink:

Maleah
05-18-2007, 12:17 PM
lol No you didn't. He was nominated for male vocalist but lost out to Brad Paisley (I think :laugh:)

EasyFeeling
05-18-2007, 03:01 PM
lol No you didn't. He was nominated for male vocalist but lost out to Brad Paisley (I think :laugh:)

:evil: :evil: :evil:
Well, these things happen. :wink: