PDA

View Full Version : Shooting at Texas A&M University

sodascouts
08-13-2012, 07:20 PM
A man being served an eviction notice shot and killed the offiicial serving it, then killed an innocent bystander and injured others before he was taken out by local police.

http://www.theeagle.com/article/20120813/BC0101/120819835/1148/BC0107%26slId=1

While shootings seem to happen all the time (sadly), this really unsettles me because this took place about a block away from where I used to live when I was an undergraduate there! It's a very safe, quiet neighborhood across the street from campus. Some other students and I rented from an elderly couple who owned a few little houses on the corner there. Shocking.

Brooke
08-14-2012, 09:46 AM
That's just terrible. It boggles the mind as to what these people are thinking.

Prettymaid
08-14-2012, 10:31 AM
I can understand why this particular incident would shake you up, Soda. It's scary to think what goes on in some peoples' minds.

Henley Honey
08-14-2012, 12:25 PM
It seems no place is safe anymore. You have to be on guard and vigilant at all times. It's sad and scary.

Troubadour
08-14-2012, 02:48 PM
How terrible. It is always scarier when it happens close to home. Thoughts are with the victims and their families.

Topkat
08-14-2012, 06:15 PM
Unfortunately every crack pot out there has a gun. Nothing is done about gun control in this country, so this story is unfortunately pretty much a weekly occurrence. Soda, sorry to hear it was near where you used to live. I'm sure very upsetting.
When will our government do something about this? It just seems to be getting worse & worse as our economy has left many people desperate and angry. Very sad..

EagleLady
08-14-2012, 06:29 PM
Unfortunately every crack pot out there has a gun. Nothing is done about gun control in this country, so this story is unfortunately pretty much a weekly occurrence. Soda, sorry to hear it was near where you used to live. I'm sure very upsetting.
When will our government do something about this? It just seems to be getting worse & worse as our economy has left many people desperate and angry. Very sad..

Gun Control isnt easy, Like the War on Drugs, Someone will find a way around it.

Brooke
08-15-2012, 09:39 AM
That's true. The bad guys will always find a gun if they want one.

Topkat
08-15-2012, 06:26 PM
I think many of these guys just "snap" & if they already own a gun, they're going to use it. It seem this guy was getting evicted from his house, so he shoots the guy delivering the eviction notice??? I don't get it. I guess now he doesn't have to worry about where he's going to live.... because he's going to JAIL... Really makes me :headscratch: