PDA

View Full Version : Filene Center at Wolf Trap, Vienna Virginia 8/13

VAisForEagleLovers
08-13-2012, 11:28 PM
Joe was fantastic! !!! The crowd was very very sedate. They did think ILBT was funny (he likes little ones too). No pics...."artist's request ". I'll write more later, but I already can't wait until AC when I'll be closer to him!!!

Tiffanny Twisted
08-14-2012, 06:28 AM
Va -

Glad you had fun . ANd pumped for AC.

I remember when he did ILBT at Borgata last year.

He was awsome there....he just didnt do anything new from Analog Man.

Cant wait to hear all about it.

TT

VAisForEagleLovers
08-14-2012, 07:13 AM
I was really disappointed in the crowd. I didn't realize it was possible to sit through Life In The Fast Lane. Still, Joe was absolutely phenomenal. Anybody who hasn't already seen him in concert should make an effort to do so.

I left my cheat sheet with the setlist at home, but I'll mention that he did sing Analog Man and Lucky That Way. He did sing I Shall Be Released in tribute to Levon Helm, which worked double for me as I got the news (via Facebook of all things) that a cousin died yesterday (my mother's first cousin). So I had to call Mom and impart that news on the way to the restaurant.

I'm getting ready to start day 2 of some very intense training (cyber security). There's homework involved and obviously I didn't do mine last night. So I need to try and squeeze it in now, and it will be very late again tonight before I get home tonight, but I'll try and get the full setlist in and maybe even in the right order!

VAisForEagleLovers
08-14-2012, 07:24 AM
I forgot to mention that Steuart Smith was in attendance. He was on stage before it started, and during the show Joe gave him a big shout-out and told him 'this is for you' before playing Turn To Stone.

Prettymaid
08-14-2012, 10:40 AM
Thanks for updating us VA. Don't work too hard.

Here is the setlist as posted on setlist.fm

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/joe-walsh/2012/filene-center-at-wolf-trap-vienna-va-6bdc361a.html

Freypower
08-14-2012, 08:10 PM
So only two new songs; if I'd been there I would have been delighted to hear The Confessor, but if this tour is designed to promote Analog Man I'm afraid it is not doing its job. How long is the show exactly? 90 minutes?

VAisForEagleLovers
08-14-2012, 08:48 PM
An usher told my friends it would be ninety minutes and no more, but it was closer to two hours from start to finish. To be honest, I didn't really time it.

I wore my Analog Man t-shirt that I got for joining the fan club and I do have to say, I got a lot of odd looks before the concert. People looked at it in confusion. (I swear it wasn't me, it was the shirt that caused the reaction!). And during the concert, I was surprised at how many didn't seem at all familiar wtih the two songs from the new album that he did sing. Which I have to say, totally surprised me. Their loss.

sodascouts
08-14-2012, 08:53 PM
I'm not surprised at all! We're tuned in to all the Eagles happenings here, but many casual fans don't even realize he's put out a new album and they make up the majority of the audience. That's what tours are for, and that's why Joe needs to talk AM up and play songs from it. Hopefully some of those attendees will buy a copy.

Prettymaid
08-14-2012, 09:39 PM
In Naperville we were right up front and I was the "Joe expert", answering questions about him and talking about his new album. Even the people in front of me didn't know anything! However, when he asked if anybody had heard Analog Man, there was a small round of applause throughout the crowd.

Ive always been a dreamer
08-15-2012, 12:18 AM
First of all, the setlist that PM linked to looks correct to me, so I'll go ahead and post it.

1. Welcome to the Club
2. A Life of Illusion
3. Walk Away
4. The Confessor
5. Analog Man
6. I Shall Be Released
7. Lucky That Way
8. The Bomber: Closet Queen/Bolero/Cast Your Fate to the WInd
9. Turn To Stone
10. In the City
11. Personal Manager
12. Funk #49
13. Life's Been Good
14. I.L.B.T.'s
15. Life in the Fast Lane

Encore:
16. Rocky Mountain Way
17. All Night Long

I don't have time to write much here right now, but, I'll just say Joe was wonderful last night - he was on fire. Too bad the flames didn't spread more and light up the audience more. As VA said - the audience was pretty lame. Maybe it was because it was a Monday night or maybe it's because they didn't allow alcohol inside the theater. Who knows - but Joe didn't let a little thing like audience interaction stop him from putting on a great show.

Anyway, I'm gonna stop here, but I'll write more tomorrow.

Tiffanny Twisted
08-15-2012, 06:49 AM
keep it coming .. wanna hear all about it. he is awsome in concert byhimself. such a gifted guitar player:thumbsup: tt

TimothyBFan
08-15-2012, 07:38 AM
The Confessor---How cool is that!?!?

Wonder why so light off of Analog Man. I agree, it seems strange if this is to promote a new album. Then you have others (Timothy) who is still playing all but one song off a latest album that was put out years ago. :headscratch: Makes you wonder on the reasoning they use while making setlists.

Prettymaid
08-15-2012, 07:55 AM
So this was an indoor concert? And what's this about the artist's request of no photos? How was that conveyed?

VAisForEagleLovers
08-15-2012, 08:37 AM
It's a pavilion type of place. Some seats are under roof and then there are lawn seats in the back.

The no photos request was a few minutes before the concert and made via PA system. "At the artist's request, no photography or recording will be allowed." (Or something like that).