PDA

View Full Version : Fallsview 8/01/2012

VAisForEagleLovers
08-14-2012, 07:15 AM
A review of Don's show at Fallsview earlier this month.

http://www.backstageaxxess.com/backstage/Concert_Review.php/Don-Felder-2012

Tiffanny Twisted
08-14-2012, 07:30 PM
Thanks Va,
I enjoyed reading that and the pictures. I was wondering how many songs he actually had a hand in writing besides HC which everyone knows.
Or did he do a show of songs Henley and fry wrote.
Just wondering and thought this was a good place to ask the question. I am sure my boarder friends will have an opinion

thanks

tt

Freypower
08-14-2012, 07:35 PM
In his show he plays three songs in which he has a writing credit. They are Hotel California, Victim Of Love & Those Shoes. These are in fact the ONLY Eagles songs apart from The Disco Strangler, Visions & Too Many Hands on which he has a writing credit. As has been noted by others elsewhere, he plays some songs, like Tequila Sunrise, Peaceful Easy Feeling & Witchy Woman, where he didn't even play on the original recording.

sodascouts
08-14-2012, 07:45 PM
Yeah, he needs to ditch the pre-Felder-Eagles songs, methinks. I don't have a problem with him doing his co-writes, but doing the others seems tacky considering what went down. He could replace them with more stuff off his new album.

Tiffanny Twisted
08-14-2012, 08:01 PM
In his show he plays three songs in which he has a writing credit. They are Hotel California, Victim Of Love & Those Shoes. These are in fact the ONLY Eagles songs apart from Visions & Too Many Hands on which he has a writing credit. As has been noted by others elsewhere, he plays some songs, like Tequila Sunrise, Peaceful Easy Feeling & Witchy Woman, where he didn't even play on the original recording.

Thank you fp.

I thought that he had only three songs with songwriting credit on, but I didnt trust my memory and I was too lazy to take the time to look it up.
I couldnt understand why this guy was writing a review of
all the songs he did like he owend them or wrote them. I thought that they were written by DOn, Glenn , Joe , Jack And Jackson .( I am sure there are others I have left out and will hear about it here)

He needs to let it all go since from what I read, he was brought in cause Bernie couldnt do all the insturments at live shows that he could play and lay the track down then play another insturment like when he recorded.
Plus if you read his book, I think he lost sight that it was DON H and Glenn's band from the begining (even though Meisner and Leadon were there too)
DOnt miss understand me , I am not making light of the mans contrabutions to the band or music...but let it go. Play your new music ...,great but dont rehash things you never were even apart of originally just to fill up your live show.

SUre I am gonna hear feed back on the above , but it borthered me that most of his new show, was old stuff he didnt even write.

TT

Tiffanny Twisted
08-14-2012, 08:04 PM
Yeah, he needs to ditch the pre-Felder-Eagles songs, methinks. I don't have a problem with him doing his co-writes, but doing the others seems tacky considering what went down. He could replace them with more stuff off his new album.

Yes Soda, I agree with you and I guess you said it better than me.

I just keep thinking about how bad he slammed Glenn and Don H in his book. Ya know what I mean???

tt

Freypower
08-14-2012, 08:07 PM
Eagles songs are all he has. To be honest, if he didn't do them who would go to see him?

Sadly, like Joe, he appears not to have much confidence in his new material.

Tiffanny Twisted
08-14-2012, 08:25 PM
Eagles songs are all he has. To be honest, if he didn't do them who would go to see him?

Sadly, like Joe, he appears not to have much confidence in his new material.

I agree. I hope Joe has confidence in his work.
I love Joe and I love his new album. Family man is one of my fav songs and they finally put one day at a time on his new cd. Loving it too.

DOn Felder needs to let it go and move on...

tt

GlennLover
08-14-2012, 08:46 PM

I was surprised that he did solo many Eagles songs. As you said, Soda, he could have done a couple more from the new album & what about covering some other songs that would showcase his guitar playing talent?

sodascouts
08-14-2012, 08:51 PM
I actually think it's good that he does Victim of Love, Those Shoes, and Already Gone since the Eagles no longer play them. Yeah, it's not as good as the real deal, but it's better than nothing and he contributed to all of them.

Ive always been a dreamer
08-14-2012, 09:30 PM

I totally agree as I've said many times around here!