PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Wayne Shepherd

zeldabjr
08-19-2012, 09:38 PM
I just found out Kenny Wayne Shepherd was here doing a show Friday night...very aggravated...wish I had known...I would have loved to see him live...obviously we know how talented he is...has anyone ever seen him live?

TimothyBFan
08-20-2012, 08:42 AM
Many, many moons ago. I fell in love with him shortly after I did Jonny Lang. These guys are so awesome!!! It was after Trouble Is... came out and he was just a kid (just like Jonny). Not a bad song on that album. Noah Hunt is a fantastic vocalist.

My favorite Kenny album is Ledbetter Heights (the first album). It actually had Corey Sterling as the lead singer on this one.

My favorite Kenny songs are:

Blue On Black (of course)
Deja Voodoo
Shame, Shame, Shame
The Place You're In
Born With A Broken Heart
Trouble Is
In 2 Deep
Shotgun Blues
Believe

And when he does some of the old blues standards like Red Rooster & The Thrill Is Gone.... he's amazing!!!

Little trivia---did you know he's married to Mel Gibson's daughter? They have 3 kids.

Here's a picture of a poster I have had for years of him & Jonny from Guitar magazine. It was probably 1995 or 1996?
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/jonnylangkennywayneshepherd001.jpg

Brooke
08-20-2012, 03:57 PM
Don't know him very well, but 2 songs I really like are Blue on Black and Somewhere, Somehow, Someway. Also his new one: Come On Over.

WalshFan88
09-05-2012, 12:20 AM
I wanted to see him in Springfield (IL) on the 15th but from what I see - tix are sold out. He was playing with Robert Cray.

I love KWS' music. I've talked to him via Twitter a few times about guitar stuff and he was the one that turned me onto a particular guitar pedal that I can't live without now (Analog Man King Of Tone for those wondering. :hilarious:).

WalshFan88
09-06-2012, 07:43 PM
Spoke too soon - found another ticket vendor - Front Row tickets!!!!!!

VAisForEagleLovers
09-06-2012, 07:52 PM
Spoke too soon - found another ticket vendor - Front Row tickets!!!!!!

The name of the ticket vendor is Front Row tickets? Or you scored front row tickets?! If the latter, congrats!! Love when that happens!

zeldabjr
09-06-2012, 07:56 PM
oh Austin...that is great....can't wait to hear how you like him!

WalshFan88
09-06-2012, 08:47 PM
The name of the ticket vendor is Front Row tickets? Or you scored front row tickets?! If the latter, congrats!! Love when that happens!

No, I got front row tickets. :)

Brooke
09-07-2012, 10:53 AM
Great Austin! :thumbsup:

Prettymaid
09-07-2012, 02:43 PM
Yeah, the name of the ticket vendor is probably Let's Sell This Ticket And Make A Buck, or something like that. :eyebrow: :hilarious:

Have a great time Austin!

WalshFan88
09-07-2012, 08:02 PM
Yeah, the name of the ticket vendor is probably Let's Sell This Ticket And Make A Buck, or something like that. :eyebrow: :hilarious:

Have a great time Austin!

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: So true!

Thanks everyone! Really looking forward to it!

WalshFan88
09-16-2012, 01:49 AM
For those that didn't see my Facebook mini-review - it was KILLER!!! KWS stole the show and was the highlight of the night for me. He went on first and IMO that was a mistake on Cray's part because no one could top the intensity that KWS brought. I haven't seen anything like it since SRV.

Here's one pic for now! I have all of them on FB though.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2cgh21d.jpg

Topkat
09-16-2012, 11:08 AM
Glad you had a great time Austin! I'm sure he was awesome. Great way to celebrate your birthday!
Is there any video out there???

zeldabjr
09-16-2012, 02:36 PM
For those that didn't see my Facebook mini-review - it was KILLER!!! KWS stole the show and was the highlight of the night for me. He went on first and IMO that was a mistake on Cray's part because no one could top the intensity that KWS brought. I haven't seen anything like it since SRV.

Here's one pic for now! I have all of them on FB though.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2cgh21d.jpg

Glad you loved him Austin!...I love it when the opener steals the show!...that sure would never happen at an Eagles show...:hilarious:

WalshFan88
09-16-2012, 10:52 PM
Thanks everyone!

TK - No video yet. :(

Zelda - haha what's funny is that in the 90s he opened up for the Eagles a lot on the HFO tour.

zeldabjr
09-17-2012, 12:46 AM
Thanks everyone!

TK - No video yet. :(

Zelda - haha what's funny is that in the 90s he opened up for the Eagles a lot on the HFO tour.

omg that's funny...

Prettymaid
09-17-2012, 09:24 AM
So glad you enjoyed it WF!

TimothyBFan
11-29-2012, 04:48 PM
Per KWS FB today....

Ok everyone. BIG NEWS today! I am in the studio with good friend Stephen Stills and we are making a record together that will be out 2013!!!

WalshFan88
11-29-2012, 06:03 PM
That will be awesome! Somewhat unique too.

zeldabjr
11-29-2012, 09:37 PM
definitely will be lookin' for it in '13