PDA

View Full Version : Which of these songs should be brought back to the setlist?

sodascouts
08-23-2012, 10:51 PM
It's been strongly hinted that for the 2013 tour, the Eagles will bring back songs they haven't played in a while. I figured it would be fun to take a poll as to which songs that they haven't played in over 5 years which would be cool to bring back.

I limited it to songs that they have played at one time, though, as opposed to songs they've never played.

I used our "dream setlist" thread as a guide for the 10 poll choices.

Obviously, most of us would want MORE than one song to be brought back, but for the purposes of the poll, you just get to pick one.

Freypower
08-23-2012, 11:09 PM
Guess who voted first. :twisted: None of this 'it's too difficult' nonsense. Good idea, Soda.

luvthelighthouse
08-23-2012, 11:27 PM
Sad I couldn't pick at least three! :hilarious: I love so many of them... but I voted for Already Gone, because it's a rocker and a crowd could really get into it.

sodascouts
08-23-2012, 11:30 PM
I picked "Already Gone" because it's a terrific song live, would give Glenn another rocker, and would add to the currently-paltry representation of the OTB album. That said, hearing ANY of these picks live would thrill me!

zeldabjr
08-23-2012, 11:56 PM
I had to pick Get Over It...I think it's an awesome song and would be great live!

sodascouts
08-24-2012, 12:06 AM
If I could, I would have also added these to the poll:

Out of Control, Outlaw Man, Saturday Night, After the Thrill Is Gone, The Sad Cafe, and Hole in the World.

Witchy Woman
08-24-2012, 12:49 AM
I love Ol' 55. It would be awesome to hear it live !!

WalshFan88
08-24-2012, 12:51 AM
Already Gone. My 2nd favorite Eagles tune and my favorite Glenn song. I'll be playing it Labor Day Weekend at a festival I'm playing at. I never get enough of that song.

Also 2nd place goes to Get Over It - I think it's such a great song and a shame the Eagles never played to (to my knowledge) outside of HFO.

zeldabjr
08-24-2012, 01:20 AM

Out of Control, Outlaw Man, Saturday Night, After the Thrill Is Gone, The Sad Cafe, and Hole in the World.

if they did Hole in the World I'd be crying but I'd love to hear it live!

Freypower
08-24-2012, 01:27 AM
To be clear I voted for New Kid In Town.

Austin, they did GOI for a brief period on the HFO tour but sadly they had dropped it before they got to Australia in 1995 when I saw them.

Zelda, I saw them do HITW on the F1 tour.

My other choices of songs I would like them to bring back are Already Gone & Tequila Sunrise (honourable mention to PMIAR), and of songs I haven't seen them do, James Dean. I don't believe they would ever bring back Those Shoes or Victim Of Love because those were co-written by Felder. Maybe that shouldn't matter but Felder does those songs himself.

As for songs not on this list I would have Outlaw Man, The Sad Cafe & King Of Hollywood.

Why is the reprise of DD/Desperado included & not Doolin-Dalton itself? How could they do the reprise without having done D-D first?

sodascouts
08-24-2012, 01:47 AM
Why is the reprise of DD/Desperado included & not Doolin-Dalton itself? How could they do the reprise without having done D-D first?

Good point. Consider it a combo.

Tori
08-24-2012, 01:55 AM
I chose Victim Of Love, solely because it's my absolute favorite Eagles song and I would kill to hear it live. But I honestly think every song on this list should be brought back for one reason or another. Especially Already Gone - I would love to hear that one live, too.

Koala
08-24-2012, 02:44 AM
only one song that's hard.Every Song on the list would be great in any setlist but I choose New Kid In Town

EaglesKiwi
08-24-2012, 04:40 AM

And if you had I couldn't have made a decision!

NKIT and The Sad Cafe round out my top 5 Eagles songs (yes, it's ballad-heavy). Someone described NKIT as "glorious". Indeed.

I wonder if singing the After Hours songs has given Glenn more confidence in his vocals... enough to bring back NKIT??:angel:

TimothyBFan
08-24-2012, 08:16 AM
When first reading this, the very first song that popped into my mind was King Of Hollywood but sadly it wasn't on there. So I went with New Kid In Town because I absolutely LOVE Glenn's voice in it and still think he could do it without any problem.

Others I would of chosen had we been able to choose more were ALL OF THE ABOVE. :hilarious: Seriously, Those Shoes (my hubbies fave), Already Gone, Get Over It, Victim Of Love & Pretty Maids.

VAisForEagleLovers
08-24-2012, 08:21 AM
Tough choice. NKIT, TS, or AG. I love all three and want them all back, but today I chose NKIT.

Brooke
08-24-2012, 10:58 AM
My first thought and pick was Already Gone, but it's really hard to just choose one. It's a great rocker and one of my top picks of all Eagles songs.

Next choices would be Tequila Sunrise, (it's a standard and should never have been cut, imo) New Kid In Town, and DD/Desperado Reprise & Doolin Dalton.

luvthelighthouse
08-24-2012, 11:28 AM
Tough choice. NKIT, TS, or AG. I love all three and want them all back, but today I chose NKIT.

Also my top 3! I honestly can't believe TS was ever cut. It's as classic as PEF IMO.

However, hearing TS, would be treat! I don't think I've ever heard a live version of that song and I love it!

Glennsallnighter
08-24-2012, 11:47 AM
FP, Before I read the actual thread, only seeing the list of songs I knew what your choice would be! Obviously mine would always be a Glenn :heart: song. Ive heard TS several times at his solo shows, and for me it was really down to AG and NKIT. It was close but I went for AG because I really love the way he rocks it out in the F1 DVD and other recordings I have seen. Also I have only seen it performed live once and I'd love to see it again. But NKIT came in a close second!

whitcap
08-24-2012, 12:05 PM
Lots of great songs to choose from but I gotta go with Ol' 55. When I saw the title of this thread it was the first song that popped in my head. Its one of my favorites and I'd love to see it live.

Freypower
08-24-2012, 06:36 PM
And if you had I couldn't have made a decision!

NKIT and The Sad Cafe round out my top 5 Eagles songs (yes, it's ballad-heavy). Someone described NKIT as "glorious". Indeed.

I wonder if singing the After Hours songs has given Glenn more confidence in his vocals... enough to bring back NKIT??:angel:

I wish I could answer that question but I suspect not. (The answer to the first part of the question is yes).

For some reason I have always felt that Glenn is not a great fan of NKIT. Maybe he feels that it has been overshadowed by HC, LITFL & even Wasted Time. I am here to tell him however, that after years of agonising I finally declared it my favourite Eagles song.

Ive always been a dreamer
08-25-2012, 01:37 PM
Well, this was hard to pick one song, but I went ahead and voted for New Kid In Town, although I could have just as easily gone with Already Gone. The fact of the matter is, I think they should both be in the setlist. So should many of these songs. FP - I personally think the reason that NKIT was dropped is because it's a pretty difficult song for Glenn to sing. However, I don't see why he couldn't rearrange it to make it easier for him. I know some folks may not agree, but I wouldn't even mind having some of these songs combined into a medley. For me, something is always better than nothing.

One of my other favorites that I would like to see brought back that wasn't included on the list is Somebody.

Freypower
08-25-2012, 05:33 PM
Well, this was hard to pick one song, but I went ahead and voted for New Kid In Town, although I could have just as easily gone with Already Gone. The fact of the matter is, I think they should both be in the setlist. So should many of these songs. FP - I personally think the reason that NKIT was dropped is because it's a pretty difficult song for Glenn to sing. However, I don't see why he couldn't rearrange it to make it easier for him. I know some folks may not agree, but I wouldn't even mind having some of these songs combined into a medley. For me, something is always better than nothing.

One of my other favorites that I would like to see brought back that wasn't included on the list is Somebody.

Somebody wasn't included because it was played as recently as two years ago (lucky me saw it three times) and this list consists of songs which haven't been played live for over five years.

I still think that if Glenn can sing Caroline, No he could sing NKIT again.

sodascouts
09-13-2012, 12:26 AM
And the winner is... "New Kid in Town"! Not really that surprising... it's a huge hit.

2nd place goes to "Already Gone."

zeldabjr
09-13-2012, 12:53 AM
no surprise...only I thought Tequila Sunrise would get more votes...

and Soda your new avi is gorgeous!

Prettymaid
09-13-2012, 07:30 AM
I missed this thread somehow.

I voted for James Dean. I'm hoping that's the kind of stuff they bring back for the 40th anniversary tour. I think it showcases a specific point of their career and it rocks.

Topkat
09-13-2012, 08:02 AM
I totally missed this thread too. I voted for TS, but I would take NKIT or AG too. In fact all 3 should be added to the 40th Anniversary TOUR!!!!!
HELLO EAGLES TAKE NOTICE!:band:

Slate CM
10-26-2012, 07:12 PM
I went with Ol' 55 since for me too it was the first one I thought of before reading all the posts.

Also glad to see some mentions of Sad Cafe, one of my favorite songs of all time. "I don't know why fortune smiles on some, and lets the rest go free."

Tequila Sunrise is up there for me, but I hear it a lot more since there are at least 3 versions on my iPod.

Prettymaid
10-26-2012, 07:22 PM
Nice to see you reviving some threads Slate!

Slate CM
10-26-2012, 07:36 PM
Nice to see you reviving some threads Slate!

I thought it appropriate since we are anticipating next year's tour. :partytime:

10-26-2012, 07:39 PM
It's goes without saying that many of us are 'eagley' awaiting to see what the 40th anniversary setlist will be. :thumbsup:

timfan
10-26-2012, 08:59 PM
No question for me I'd bring back Tequila Sunrise.. one of my all time favs

Tiffanny Twisted
10-26-2012, 09:10 PM
I picked already gone cause it just is one of my faves . It just is and its a rocker..

Prettymaid
10-26-2012, 09:20 PM
And the winner is... "New Kid in Town"! Not really that surprising... it's a huge hit.

2nd place goes to "Already Gone."

Already gone has surpassed NKIT as the leader!

Tiffanny Twisted
10-27-2012, 07:02 PM
did a SONG WIN?

Freypower
10-27-2012, 08:58 PM
If you read the above post it quotes Soda stating that New Kid In Town had won, but Already Gone has now overtaken it with 10 votes to 9 (see first page).

Tiffanny Twisted
10-28-2012, 01:16 PM
thanks fr thats why i was confused.:bow:

10-28-2012, 03:00 PM
TT - also if you haven't already done so, click 'View Poll Results' at the top of the page and you can see the breakdown of all the votes in the poll.