PDA

View Full Version : NEIL ARMSTRONG RIP

thelongrun
08-25-2012, 03:57 PM
Neil Armstrong, 1st man on the moon, dead at 82

He was an icon through our lives
a Legend ends... begins! Rest in peace Space traveler!

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57500382/neil-armstrong-first-man-on-the-moon-dead-at-82/?tag=nl.e879

Tiffanny Twisted
08-25-2012, 06:28 PM
rip. I remember watching him on a litttle black and white screen tv when I was a little girl.
great gentelman
rip:angel:

Topkat
08-25-2012, 07:12 PM
A very sad day, one of America's heroes...RIP Mr. Armstrong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCt1BwWE2gA&feature=player_detailpage

zeldabjr
08-25-2012, 10:07 PM
so sad to hear about this...I don't remember watching the moonwalk on tv, but he sure was an American hero and icon...RIP Neil!

Topkat
08-25-2012, 11:25 PM
I remember very clearly where I was when I watched the moonwalk, from my hotel room in upstate NY where my family was spending the summer. I had several friends in the room with me, as we watched this history making moment on TV. We were awestruck!

sodascouts
08-26-2012, 01:15 AM
RIP to a great man and historical icon!

Ive always been a dreamer
08-26-2012, 02:13 PM
I also remember being glued to the television to watch every second of that incredible moon walk in the summer of '69. Even with the black and white fuzzy reception, you knew you were witnessing a truly historic moment. It was hard for me to believe it was really happening.

Neil Armstrong was a true American hero, and his memory and words "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind" will live in infamy. My heart goes out to his loved ones at this time.

Quite honestly, I am quite disappointed at the lack of coverage his death is getting in the media. I figured an event like this would be all over television, but there's been very little so far. Go figure ???

R.I.P. Neil Armstrong and may your pioneering spirit live on forever.

Glennsallnighter
08-27-2012, 03:00 AM
I remember my Mum pointing out the moon to me and telling me that men had landed on and walked on its surface. I could see by her face that she was in awe of the whole thing. I was about 16 months old at the time so it would be one of my first concrete memories. I also remember Dad getting myself and my sister sets of commemorative stamps too at the time.

Interestingly on Thursday Chris was asking me about Neil Armstrong and asked was he still alive!
Me 'yeah, I think he still is. I'll check later'
Chris 'cool- I want to go onto his website and ask him a few questions about the moon'.
Kids think completely different to us!

RIP Neil. He really was a hero and a true American Icon. It must have taken some courage to make that trip over 40 years ago and really not knowing what to expect!

Troubadour
08-27-2012, 11:43 AM
Rest in peace, Neil. A true hero!

thelongrun
08-28-2012, 07:31 PM
Wow Beautiful memories from al of us! Thanks Mr. Moon:angel: