PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Tennessee!!

Grey Sadler
09-01-2012, 05:40 PM
Hey y'all (in my best Paula Deen voice)!!:wave:

I'm a Biology teacher in NE Tennessee (30 minutes away from Bristol, 2 hours from Knoxville)...I've just gotten back into listening to our boys (I was really, really into them way back in Grad School) in the middle of getting back to some Country Rock/Americana roots. I'm also trying to learn some 6-string guitar (I actually played some chords for PEF the other day...very slowly LOL)...

Looking forward to getting to know everybody here!!

Amy (AKA Grey Sadler)

Prettymaid
09-01-2012, 05:56 PM
Welcome to The Border GS! I know you'll enjoy yourself here.

Several of our members are in Atlantic City this weekend enjoying the two Eagles shows (wish I was one of them!), so it's a little quiet here right now. I'm sure they will fill us in on EVERYTHING just as soon as they can!

In the meantime, feel free to tell us more about yourself and your love of the Eagles. Have you gotten to see them live yet? Do you have a fave?

Glennsallnighter
09-01-2012, 06:19 PM
Hi GS! And welcome to the Border! Believe it or not.... I'm a Biology teacher too - I've 2 classes of it this year! And I play a bit of guitar too. Hope you like it here and visit often.

Have you a favourite Eagle?

SallyGee
09-01-2012, 08:07 PM
Hi GS. Welcome! I think you are going to like it here. Lots of nice people. Be sure to check out the photo threads. They are very popular for some reason.:wink::wink::wink::wink: I spent a lot of time on a certain bass player's photo thread when I first joined. (I still do):blush: So be sure to check out all the great stuff on here and have fun!:)

Grey Sadler
09-01-2012, 08:26 PM
Hey again, y'all!!

Prettymaid--Live shows? Nope, not yet. I don't believe the boys have come to Johnson City or Bristol (and if they did I was waay too young for a concert LOL)...my dad lives near Savannah/Augusta GA and was actually looking at their tour dates online, hmmm :wink:

Glennsallnighter--Glenn's my favorite, too, great minds must think alike!!
This year I teach 2 blocks of Biology 1, and one block of Biology 1A/1B, which is geared towards students with Special Ed concerns (they will have 2 semesters with me instead of one)...

SallyGee--again, with the "great minds"!! Before I signed up, I went through the Glenn picture thread at length...everything does look like fun!!

WalshFan88
09-02-2012, 01:56 AM
Welcome!!!! :)

Tiffanny Twisted
09-02-2012, 03:31 AM
Gs....
Welcome.

JUst a short note...Its 325am and JAHH(my other half ) and I just pulled in the driveway from ATLANTIC CITY after seeing the Eagles. LAst time for us was in 2008, then we saw them three times. I had waited my whole life to see them and then my hubby(JAHH) took me three times in 1 year , 2 were in the same week.
ANyway, since then, we have seen Don 07, JOe 2011, GLENN (5-2012) and TBS (5-2012) solo.

Tonight was awsome.....gone to try and sleep now....show was fab. LOok for review soon....Wish we were going tomorrow but I guess I am glad we pulled the RABBIT out of the hat and got to see them this time.

ANgin,welcome....
more later ..sleep now...

tt:partytime:

timfan
09-02-2012, 11:10 AM
Welcome GS! :) Glad you've found us and are joining in! :thumbsup:

GlennLover
09-02-2012, 01:06 PM
Welcome, GS! Glad to have you aboard & to have another Glenn lover. I know you will enjoy it here.

Grey Sadler
09-02-2012, 08:43 PM
Hi Austin, TT, TF, GL!! :wave:

VAisForEagleLovers
09-03-2012, 09:37 PM
Welcome, GS!!!

Brooke
09-03-2012, 09:44 PM
Welcome to The Border, GS! Glad you found us and hope you enjoy it here. There are lots of Glenn fans, me included, as well as the others too!

I've also seen them live a few times and hope to get to see them for their 40th anniversary tour next year.

Grey Sadler
09-03-2012, 10:10 PM
Hey VK and Brooke!! :wave:

VK: I'm close to SW VA myself, have some roots in Grayson County lol
Brooke: I hope my dad and I can somehow get to see the boys soon (better if they come to the Savannah area since he can't travel too far at the moment)...

Topkat
09-04-2012, 07:21 AM
Welcome to The Border GS....Got back from seeing our guys in Atlantic City!!! Be sure to look for all the reviews & pictures! This is their last show until Vegas!
I know you will love it here! Lot's of great people! I just got to meet some of them for the first time this weekend!!!
HAVE FUN!!!!

zeldabjr
09-04-2012, 08:33 AM
Welcome to The Border GS!:wave:...hope you enjoy your time here!...it's a great place!

prayfordaylight
09-04-2012, 09:49 AM
Welcome!

Troubadour
09-04-2012, 12:49 PM
Hi Amy - welcome to The Border! It's great to have you here.

Henley Honey
09-04-2012, 04:29 PM
Welcome from me too, GS! Our fearless leader, Sodascouts, is from Tennessee too! This is the place to be to enjoy everything Eagles!

sodascouts
09-04-2012, 08:22 PM
Hey Amy! I see you've jumped right in - great to have you! As HH mentioned, I'm in Tennessee too, although way on the other side. Let's hope the guys come down here on their 2013 tour!

Grey Sadler
09-04-2012, 10:13 PM
:wave: Hey Topkat, Zeldabjr, PFD, Louise, HH, SS...
I really hope I'm getting everybody's name/initials right...and that I'm not leaving anyone out!! :blush: :rofl:

And yes, I'm up in the pointy end of TN with the Speedway and the Mountains :grin:

Ive always been a dreamer
09-09-2012, 09:28 PM
Sorry I'm a bit late on this, but welcome from me as well, Amy. Glad you found us and hope you like it here on The Border. If you like talking about the Eagles, you've come to a good place. Enjoy!

Grey Sadler
09-09-2012, 10:17 PM
Hey...Dreamer!! :wave:
BTW nice avatar...and what part of Va?

Ive always been a dreamer
09-27-2012, 09:05 PM
GS - I'm sorry I never answered your last post. I just happened upon this tread again and realized I had not answered.

I live in a suberb of Richmond.

Grey Sadler
09-27-2012, 10:43 PM
That's cool ;)

The VA branch of my family is centered in Grayson County, the farther east you go, the farther down in NC they wind up (Wake County)...

And of course I have 2 favorite NASCAR drivers who call Richmond their "home track" ;)