PDA

View Full Version : RIP Hal David

Freypower
09-02-2012, 01:42 AM
I have just read that Burt Bacharach's lyricist Hal David, who was responsible for The Look Of Love amongst many classic songs, has died. He was 91. RIP.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-09-02/hal-david-dies-aged-91/4238278

Victim of Love
09-02-2012, 10:23 AM
This man was a genius composer and I have a lot of memories that play to the soundtrack of his music. The industry has lost a truly remarkable composer. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and close friends. RIP, Hal David...your music will live on and keep your spirit alive.

Tiffanny Twisted
09-02-2012, 12:35 PM
thats the beauty of people who leave us.....their words and music live on and on....last month it was MArvin Hamlish......guess the orch in heaven needed just a little help...rip:angel:

Prettymaid
09-02-2012, 05:44 PM
I was a big Carpenter's fan back in the day and loved their hit Close to You, written by Bacharach/David, as well as the Bacharach/David medley they recorded.

RIP.

VAisForEagleLovers
09-03-2012, 10:21 PM
This news was the one dark blip on my entire fantastic weekend. He led a long, full life and certainly left behind a legacy that's the envy of many. A very gifted man.

zeldabjr
09-04-2012, 08:37 AM
RIP Hal David...your legacy will live on forever in the beautiful songs you gave us!

Ive always been a dreamer
09-11-2012, 09:01 PM
I'm quite late with this, but I wanted to acknowledge the passing of this talented songwriter. The list of songs credited to him is very long and impressive. It's hard to pick a favorite, but the one that first comes to my mind whenever I hear his name is Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head.

R.I.P. Hal David.

sodascouts
09-11-2012, 09:06 PM
I'm late too - RIP. I remember as a kid listening to "Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head" and it making me smile.

'Cause I'm never gonna stop the rain by complainin'....

So true!