PDA

View Full Version : Atlantic City 9/02/12

VAisForEagleLovers
09-03-2012, 07:44 PM
Most of you will be happy to hear, the stance for pictures the second night was a bit different. During the VIP dinner, they told us we could take pictures but no video. Then, the people checking bags at the door didn't care about cameras in our bags. All that was said from stage was 'Please stop filming' from Glenn (during a song), possibly because someone in front of him in the first row was filming him (she was next to HH).

So, I did take my camera, but I didn't take many pictures. The pictures I do have will follow.

Just when you think these guys achieve perfection, they go and prove to you they can still improve. While the crowd wasn't as into it, our guys were better this night than Saturday.

We saw Michael Thompson after the concert and he mentioned to me that it seemed like I'd had a good time. I wanted to ask him if he meant that in a good way! But hey, I had an EXCELLENT time. Front row, dead center. HH has fast fingers when it comes to getting tickets!

I got very little sleep this past weekend and with about twelve hours of driving, I'm too tired to write more. I promise I will tomorrow when I can take a break from work

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/Eagles%20Sept%202/DSC00580.jpg

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/Eagles%20Sept%202/DSC00579.jpg

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/Eagles%20Sept%202/DSC00578.jpg

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/Eagles%20Sept%202/DSC00577.jpg

VAisForEagleLovers
09-03-2012, 07:46 PM
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/Eagles%20Sept%202/DSC00576.jpg

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/Eagles%20Sept%202/DSC00575.jpg

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/Eagles%20Sept%202/DSC00571.jpg

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/Eagles%20Sept%202/DSC00570.jpg

VAisForEagleLovers
09-03-2012, 07:47 PM
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/Eagles%20Sept%202/DSC00569.jpg

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/Eagles%20Sept%202/DSC00568.jpg

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/Eagles%20Sept%202/DSC00567.jpg

GlennLover
09-03-2012, 08:00 PM
Great pics, VA! Thanks for posting! Get some rest now. Will be anxious to read your comments after you've had a chance to catch up on your sleep. :)

Tiffanny Twisted
09-03-2012, 08:00 PM
Va---
glad you got home safe and sound..

I LOVe the Tim picture with him on the screen behind himself and I love the group one of them durning dirty laundry.

so...seats on sunday were better than sat??

tt

VAisForEagleLovers
09-03-2012, 08:41 PM
TT, yes, even better seats last night.

There was very little traffic on the way home, which thrilled me. I could have done without the pouring rain that was difficult to drive in, but the rest was fine.

I wanted to take more pictures, but yet I wanted to concentrate on the concert. It never gets old!

VAisForEagleLovers
09-03-2012, 08:41 PM
Here are some professional photographs from last night's concert. They were all taken during the first song. I guess he was in a hurry.

http://www.dbkphoto.net/THEYEAR2012-1/DBKphoto-The-Eagles-09022012/25164802_pkbJ52#!i=2063853061&k=PgV5gKQ

VAisForEagleLovers
09-03-2012, 08:48 PM
Oops, forgot the article that went with the pictures. He's pretty spot-on in his review.

http://www.examiner.com/review/the-eagles-perform-concert-the-ovation-hall-at-revel-atlantic-city

Prettymaid
09-03-2012, 09:06 PM
My understanding is that some of the professional photographers are allowed to shoot only 80 seconds of the first song (or something like that).

Thanks for taking a few pictures VA. I really appreciate them. I know what you mean though, about wanting to enjoy the show too.

Tiffanny Twisted
09-03-2012, 09:21 PM
thanks VA.I have said it before,,,you keep me in the loop.
At least he gave them a great review.
So all the pictures were from the first song only??
tt

Tiffanny Twisted
09-03-2012, 09:27 PM
I had so much fun at the concert on sat nite, But I also had fun sharingit with You and HH and soda, zelda dreamer ( I get to see JAHH all the time lol)

That hotel is just gorgous. I hope to stay there again soon. THat end of the board walk is beautiful and underdeveloped withic makes it nice,
When I was a kid, there usta be someting called Captin Starns at that end of the pier, Kinda brought back memories.
Thanks for making it a fun weekend.

zeldabjr
09-03-2012, 09:46 PM
Va---
glad you got home safe and sound..

I LOVe the Tim picture with him on the screen behind himself and I love the group one of them durning dirty laundry.

so...seats on sunday were better than sat??

tt

Isn't Verna a genius?...when I saw her pic of sweet Timothy behind himself...I almost died...sooo good!!!

Brooke
09-03-2012, 10:09 PM
Fabulous pics, VA! Thanks so much and can't wait to hear all about it from everyone! :thumbsup:

Tiffanny Twisted
09-03-2012, 10:24 PM
Isn't Verna a genius?...when I saw her pic of sweet Timothy behind himself...I almost died...sooo good!!!
somehow Bren I knew that one would catch your eye.lol
I love it too..

Did u have fun last nite at the second show?
Sorry we could only do one night.

I had fun spending itme with you..when we met feels like I've know u a long time..must have lots in common..lol
glad u are home safe and had a great adventue
tt:thumbsup:

zeldabjr
09-03-2012, 10:31 PM
I got home from AC about 8PM tonight...only slept around 2 or 3 hours last night and am still soooo wound up....am still not tired...probably won't sleep tonight either...will see if I can figure out how to get my pictures on the board...obviously not very tech savvy!

Topkat
09-03-2012, 11:07 PM
I got home about 8:30 & I'm pretty exhausted. I think I slept about 2 hours last night! The show was unbelievable! The guys were in perfect form.

VA;WOW, those are some nice shots!!! I took a few pictures, but I was busted by security when my flash went off. I will post them tomorrow! I'm not sure how good they are!
Over on my side of the stage(Tim's side) the audience was going crazy! We were dancing, just getting nuts & the people near us were also all very into it!!!
Overall, had a great weekend!!!!Also so fantastic to finally meet the wonderful people from the Border!!! Lot's of fun at the hotel before & after the show!
I even won some money, found my lost sweater & scored a pick!!!
Could you ask for anything more???:thumbsup:

Very tired now, so pictures are to come later!!

VAisForEagleLovers
09-04-2012, 08:07 AM
VA;WOW, those are some nice shots!!! I took a few pictures, but I was busted by security when my flash went off.

I keep the flash on my camera turned off, as well as the red-eye reduction because I'd think a bunch of blinking red lights would be annoying as well, just not blinding. Then I don't need to worry about how to turn the flash off in the middle of a concert.

Topkat
09-04-2012, 08:57 AM
I keep the flash on my camera turned off, as well as the red-eye reduction because I'd think a bunch of blinking red lights would be annoying as well, just not blinding. Then I don't need to worry about how to turn the flash off in the middle of a concert.

I didn't know how to turn the flash off. By the time I was in there, it was too late to start to figure it out....Well, I just figured it out now, but I didn't want to waste time at the show fussing with the camera! It's all good. I ran out of memory on my memory card anyway because I had all my solo shows of Joe & Tim on there. I did get that one shot of you all at the breakfast that came out great!!! Good times!:cheers: Great to meet you all!

Tiffanny Twisted
09-04-2012, 09:18 AM
Good morning---

first I want to say that after all the anticipation .....it was a fantastic weekend.8)

The boys were in top form but who would expect anything less from this band who has been doing it for 40 years. Certainly not me......they Never dissapoint.

second, I gotta say that spending time with Soda, Va,Dreamer, HH and zelda was not only a blast ...but so added another dimension to my concert expierence. I think HH says it best about "the boys need to see theeir hard core fans in the front ...not some high roller drunk bleep in the first rows." Everyone loves the Eagles...they played the soundtrack to the music of my life and I am sure that is true for others as well but lets be honest..."border fans" are the best:bow:
(Oh..of course JAHH too but he"s my normal concert buddy". (Dont know if thats a good thing or a bad thing...you"d have to ask him)

For me it was just a great expierence and so wonderful to share it with other "mega fans" of the band, friends from this board.

Have a great back to reality day everyone.:wave:

VAisForEagleLovers
09-04-2012, 11:40 AM
I didn't know how to turn the flash off. By the time I was in there, it was too late to start to figure it out....Well, I just figured it out now, but I didn't want to waste time at the show fussing with the camera! It's all good. I ran out of memory on my memory card anyway because I had all my solo shows of Joe & Tim on there. I did get that one shot of you all at the breakfast that came out great!!! Good times!:cheers: Great to meet you all!

I had the same problem with my cell phone in Vegas, so for the Atlanta concert, I downloaded the user manual to my camera and read it on the plane. I keep it in what I call concert mode and if I find a pic I need to take with flash somewhere else, I use the cell phone! So far, it's worked for me!

TimothyBFan
09-04-2012, 12:03 PM
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/Eagles%20Sept%202/DSC00570.jpg

Last night when I commented on your photos on FB, I was doing so from my Kindle Fire but they are so much better in bigger mode here on my laptop!! And what could be better than 1 Timothy but 2 Timothys. :inlove:

Glad everyone had a wonderful time! I will say it, even tho no one else has.... I am so glad that when Glenn is "correcting" the audience about filming, he does it politely and tries to add humor to the situation unlike Don who pretty much becomes a sourpuss and puts me off when he does it. Unfortunately it happens and I try to understand why they don't wish to have it but seriously, Get Over It.

Topkat
09-04-2012, 12:09 PM
Last night when I commented on your photos on FB, I was doing so from my Kindle Fire but they are so much better in bigger mode here on my laptop!! And what could be better than 1 Timothy but 2 Timothys. :inlove:

Glad everyone had a wonderful time! I will say it, even tho no one else has.... I am so glad that when Glenn is "correcting" the audience about filming, he does it politely and tries to add humor to the situation unlike Don who pretty much becomes a sourpuss and puts me off when he does it. Unfortunately it happens and I try to understand why they don't wish to have it but seriously, Get Over It.

I heard that Don mentioned this on Sat. night, but Sun night he didn't say anything!! They were all in a great mood & security was on top of anyone using a flash or video taping. There was a woman in the front row that was filming video, but they stopped her. They allowed cameras with no flash, but of course I didn't know how to turn my flash off! Now, I know!:wave:

VAisForEagleLovers
09-04-2012, 12:52 PM
TBF, I think Don was trying to be polite and while it was a 'downer' moment (he didn't scowl or anything), he lightened up after that and seemed to be in a good mood and smiled a lot. Which he should because he has a great smile. If he knew that it made him look decades younger I bet he'd smile more often.

Troubadour
09-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the great photos! So glad you had a wonderful time.

GlennLover
09-04-2012, 02:27 PM
That pic of Timothy is really cool, VA! Glad everyone had a great time Sunday as well!

Henley Honey
09-04-2012, 04:11 PM
I'll echo everyone's sentiments. The shows were fantastic -- Saturday's was great despite the obnoxious, loud, inappropriate and extremely drunk high rollers that were in attendance. I sat next to one "gentleman" who I was going to knee in the nuts if he put his hands on me one more time. Seriously. What is wrong with people? But you've got to go with the flow and block them out and just stay in the moment.

Don's comment that recording the show was a violation of U.S. Copyright Law did seem a bit harsh at the time, but in retrospect should have been a bit stronger. Maybe then people would have listened -- but they didn't. Glenn did lighten the moment when he jokingly commented that pics were OK, but that he doesn't even like it when his kids take his picture. I did like Don's comment that if they had known 40 years ago that they would still be around and performing they would have taken much better care of themselves. (Wouldn't we all.)

The band definitely feeds off the crowd and they seemed much more animated and happier to be playing on Sunday. At times on Saturday I got the impression that it was almost a chore for them to continue to play for the front-row losers that were hard to ignore. The vibe on Sunday was a happy, party atmosphere. The crowd was a bit more mellow but much more present and attentive. I don't think I've ever seen Scott Crago smile as much. Glenn did his funky little spin dance during his introduction. Timothy was inciting the crowd to get up and dance. Joe was spot on as usual on guitar. During Desperado, Don took the mic in hand and walked up to the very edge of the stage to sing. It was an outstanding performance and seemed to be a more heart-felt rendition -- if that makes any sense. It's hard to describe but I don't think I've ever "felt it" like I did Sunday night. They really worked the stage and I could not get enough.

A good time was had by all. VA, Dreamer, Soda and I have been on the road together several times but it was great to meet up again with Zelda, TT, JAHH and to meet Topkat.

Hopefully it won't be too far into the New Year that they go back on the road. I know I'll be counting the days!

Tiffanny Twisted
09-04-2012, 04:18 PM
HH

if your counting the days...are we there yet???

:blueblob:tt

darwene
09-04-2012, 04:32 PM
Just wanted to say that my husband and I had a great time Sunday night and it was fun hanging out with everyone after the show. Hope to meet up with everyone again sometime. This is my first post! Don't know how I got up the nerve to do this.

VAisForEagleLovers
09-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Just wanted to say that my husband and I had a great time Sunday night and it was fun hanging out with everyone after the show. Hope to meet up with everyone again sometime. This is my first post! Don't know how I got up the nerve to do this.

Welcome!! It was nice hanging out with you, too. After Glenn's Bethlehem concert as well. All the rest of the people here are much nicer than me, so if you can put up with me you got it made!

Henley Honey
09-04-2012, 05:11 PM

I'm so glad you posted!!! I'm really glad to have met you (and that I didn't scare you away). I had lots of laughs with you and your husband after the show. You both are hysterically funny and I hope to see you at many more upcoming shows!

Tiffanny Twisted
09-04-2012, 05:25 PM
welcome to the border!!!!:wave:

Jahh And Iwere there on sat so we missed you and your hubby.
We were at the Bethleham show at the sands too.

SO welcome:blueblob:

Topkat
09-04-2012, 05:41 PM
VA isforEagleLovers
Just when you think these guys achieve perfection, they go and prove to you they can still improve. While the crowd wasn't as into it, our guys were better this night than Saturday.

I was only at the Sunday show so I can't compare the nights, but over on our side (Timothy's side) everyone was totally into it! Everyone was up dancing and clapping like crazy. Zelda & I were sitting near 2 really nice couples who we spoke to a little bit. Being in the front row, I wasn't really paying much attention to what was going on behind me in the audience,.... but I did see some people up dancing. The reviewer also said many were up & dancing & singing.
I do recall you saying that the people sitting near you were not even getting up....Ummm Why? What's wrong with them?

One highlight for me was when Tim came right to the edge of the stage in front of us during LITFL & was playing it seemed like just for us!:inlove::inlove::inlove: I thought Zelda was gonna pass out!

Joe also crossed the stage & came over to our side right to the edge of the stage & played guitar for us during one of his songs, (sorry I forgot which one) I don't know if he normally does that, because he came all the way to the opposite side of the stage! I guess he figured that we couldn't see him enough!
They both really came right up in our faces! Pretty cool! :smitten:
I had been front row for the solo shows of Tim & Joe, but never for an Eagles concert! It was a reall thrill for me!:blueblob::blueblob::bow::bow::inlove::inlove:

VAisForEagleLovers
09-04-2012, 05:53 PM
Perhaps it's just my perception. After all, I was near the front both nights and only glanced behind me a few times. But even the security guard, just before the concert, said it was a much more tame crowd than the night before which worked for him as it wouldn't be as difficult. I took that to mean 'sober'. I did see where your section was standing, at least near the front, but ours was all sitting. As long as they weren't sitting with long, sober faces and are interacting and enjoying the music in other ways, it's all good, I guess.

Prettymaid
09-04-2012, 06:25 PM
Hi darwene and welcome! Any friend of a Borderer....:cheers:

This had been brought up before, but I don't understand why Don doesn't let somebody else play 'bad cop' and warn about taking video or photos - somebody not in the band. Surely they could have someone come out or have an announcement made before they come onstage, thus removing themselves from the 'dirty work'. It just seems beneath them to have to make those kinds of announcements and unfortunately, as some of us here have admitted, makes Don come off as a hothead.

SallyGee
09-04-2012, 06:37 PM
So glad everyone had a great time. (Not that there was ever any doubt!) Thanks for the reviews and pictures.

sodascouts
09-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Glad to have you posting, darwene! I loved meeting up with you and your husband again!

I agree that Sunday's show was better than Saturday's (yes, I wound up going to both) and I was glad we didn't get the "violation of copyright" speech from Don that night as well, although the "STOP FILMING" Glenn directed at somebody in the front row during "Lyin' Eyes" on Sunday brought me out of my happy place for that song. I want to be wrapped up in the music, and that in-song admonishment ripped the blanket off. He didn't shout it, but I didn't like hearing his voice go cold and hard like that right in the middle of the song. I wish he would have waited until the song was over.

However, the rest of the show was terrific. Hanging with my fellow Borderers was great, too! I had a blast and I'm so glad I went!

Henley Honey
09-04-2012, 06:59 PM
You make a good point, PM, but I wonder if a generic announcement from the venue's rep (or some other "authority figure") would be as powerful or as respected as one from the band. I have to think not. If they didn't respect Don's request -- and obviously they didn't since Glenn had to -- in mid-song -- say "No videos, please --which was in my experience was unprecedented -- would a blanket announcement before the show have sufficed? I don't think so.

Don made a point of saying: "If we wanted to be on You-tube, we'd have put ourselves on you-tube. So maybe the bigger issue should be addressed direclty with you-tube. I don't know how it works. I don't want to know how it works. If there are lawyers invovled -- and I'm sure there are, they'll work it out. I'd just prefer that it didn't have to be an issue that detracts from the live concert experience. Video?? Just say NO!!!

Freypower
09-04-2012, 07:06 PM
Glad to have you posting, darwene! I loved meeting up with you and your husband again!

I agree that Sunday's show was better than Saturday's (yes, I wound up going to both) and I was glad we didn't get the "violation of copyright" speech from Don that night as well, although the "STOP FILMING" Glenn directed at somebody in the front row during "Lyin' Eyes" on Sunday brought me out of my happy place for that song. I want to be wrapped up in the music, and that in-song admonishment ripped the blanket off. He didn't shout it, but I didn't like hearing his voice go cold and hard like that right in the middle of the song. I wish he would have waited until the song was over.

However, the rest of the show was terrific. Hanging with my fellow Borderers was great, too! I had a blast and I'm so glad I went!

None of this appears to augur well for any solo shows in Australia in terms of photography.

Henley Honey
09-04-2012, 07:12 PM
I was glad we didn't get the "violation of copyright" speech from Don that night as well, although the "STOP FILMING" Glenn directed at somebody in the front row during "Lyin' Eyes" on Sunday brought me out of my happy place for that song.

That was the woman sitting next to me and it was UNCOMFORTABLE. Not for her -- it went right over her head, but as I said in a previous post it was unprecedented in my experience and was a "WOW" moment.
For Glenn to make such a point in mid-song, he surely must have been pissed.

I don't blame him either.

sodascouts
09-04-2012, 07:14 PM
You make a good point, PM, but I wonder if a generic announcement from the venue's rep (or some other "authority figure") would be as powerful or as respected as one from the band. I have to think not. If they didn't respect Don's request -- and obviously they didn't since Glenn had to -- in mid-song -- say "No videos, please --which was in my experience was unprecedented -- would a blanket announcement before the show have sufficed? I don't think so.

To be fair, Don's and Glenn's scoldings were on separate nights, and not everyone goes to both shows as we did!

Glenn's ice-cold "STOP FILMING" during a song may or may not be unprecedented, but in my opinion it's a bad idea to issue chastisements in the middle of songs. I wasn't in the front row, but I can tell you from where I was (fourth row), I didn't see hardly anybody up close filming on Sunday. Obviously there was a lady in the front being obnoxious - shame on her - but is it worth bringing everybody down just to stop one person up close from filming?

I guess they're not going to be happy until every last person in the arena has stopped taking video... which means they're not going to be happy, period. They certainly can't control the people in the back or in the upper levels. They can lessen filming without damaging goodwill by making polite requests and if they want to do that, I don't mind. However, they can't eradicate filming either by request or by dictate and the latter just brings the room down. It sucks that they are allowing their obsession with this to detract from their entire audience's live experience, including those who didn't even bring cameras. I mean, this show was terrific otherwise.... Oh well. JMHO.

Don made a point of saying: "If we wanted to be on You-tube, we'd have put ourselves on you-tube. So maybe the bigger issue should be addressed direclty with you-tube. I don't know how it works. I don't want to know how it works. If there are lawyers invovled -- and I'm sure there are, they'll work it out. I'd just prefer that it didn't have to be an issue that detracts from the live concert experience. Video?? Just say NO!!!Don's anti-YouTube war is out of control. It even made him come out in support of the draconian SOPA bill (thank GOD Congress recognized that it was unconstitutional and didn't pass it). Believe me, he has lawyers working on it.

VAisForEagleLovers
09-04-2012, 07:26 PM

Saying it as he did ruined the video for her (and others), so it worked out for them that way. And I swear, it wasn't me that was filming! I was on the other side of HH! But yes, it was a bit of a jolt to hear it and it did take me out of my total enjoyment of the song for a moment, then I spent the next verse looking at her instead of the band.

VAisForEagleLovers
09-04-2012, 07:28 PM
My mind is still jumbled from the weekend and then dealing with phone issues this morning followed by actually having to work today. Yeesh. My thoughts are still random and refusing to be put into order.

The resort was very nice, very impressive. In spite of the fact that it’s a non-smoking casino, I still didn’t do more than walk through it. They have lots of resort maps everywhere and there were always people standing in front of them looking at them. That should be their first clue that it’s not intuitive. Due to the weather (Isaac was on his way in), we didn’t check out the indoor/outdoor pool or even the Skygarden.

The rooms were nice, especially the bathrooms. Not a lot of furniture, so you’re not meant to be spending time in there. The views out the windows were great, I love looking at the ocean. I never went to the beach, so I can’t comment on it other than the beach in front of the Revel still isn’t finished.

The Ovation Hall was very nice. The stage seemed to be the same size as most arenas, but the seats go back and up and not to the side as much. I was surprised there were so many seats with blocked views, in an arena that small, there was no need for that.

Everyone on stage seemed to be having a good time. Which is good because the audience feeds off that. I’ve never seen so many smiles from the background musicians but maybe it’s because the lighting on them was better.

I wore my AM shirt on Saturday and my AH shirt on Sunday. At the VIP dinner and the entire time I was in line to get through the doors before the concert started, people asked questions about the AH shirt. So I explained the tour, the album, and tried not to look like an obsessed fan while also trying to get across how great the album is. I did manage to talk one guy out of buying it which certainly wasn’t what I was trying to do. Most of the others said they’d look for it and really seemed interested in it.

I wondered if they’d give any news from stage as far as the DVD or the tour next year. They didn’t.

Our guys looked great, sounded great. They looked healthy and happy. Timothy was great. Maybe at previous concerts I’ve just looked at him at the wrong times, but this time he seemed to smile more. Joe was incredible, as always. He seems to be at his happiest on stage when he’s playing a complicated riff on the guitar. Although to be honest, I’m usually watching his fingers on the guitar at those moments. Don was amazing, playing the drums with passion or out front working the crowd. Like HH said, Desperado on Sunday night was enough to make you weep and not because it meant the concert was over. And Glenn? Simply wonderful. I spent large portions of both evenings weak-kneed and witless because of him. Just love the sound of his voice, and having the seat I had on Sunday meant his fingers on the guitar were right in front of me.

Truly awesome shows, but as I said before, Sunday’s show was truly great. Many people leaving the arena said it was the best Eagles concert they’ve ever been to.

Topkat
09-04-2012, 07:54 PM
Hi darwene and welcome! Any friend of a Borderer....:cheers:

This had been brought up before, but I don't understand why Don doesn't let somebody else play 'bad cop' and warn about taking video or photos - somebody not in the band. Surely they could have someone come out or have an announcement made before they come onstage, thus removing themselves from the 'dirty work'. It just seems beneath them to have to make those kinds of announcements and unfortunately, as some of us here have admitted, makes Don come off as a hothead.

I agree with you PM, They should have just had someone announce, "NO FILMING or FLASH, or your camera will be taken away until the show is over"
I think that would have gotten the point across, without Don having to announce that. I'm glad that I wasn't there that night, because I would have been turned off by Don making comments like that. He said nothing on Sun night. Only a few dared to video, like that one woman in the front row, & when my flash went off, a security guy came over to me & I went no further.
I didn't know how to turn off my flash. End of story! I actually enjoy the show a lot more when I am not taking pictures or video. You can really enjoy the moment & be there without worrying about the camera.
I did notice Glenn make that statement Sun night but I didn't let it ruin the song for me.

Welcome darwene. It was nice to meet you! I didn't get to talk to you that much. I think I was in my own little world after the show!!

darwene
09-04-2012, 08:00 PM
Thanks for all the welcomes. I wanted to especially thank Dreamer for inviting me to meet everyone at the show. VA, I know you are kidding about being nice because my husband and I commented about how extremely welcome you made us feel. HH, my husband really got a kick out of you and said he had a good time talking to you. Like I said, you are exactly like my sister! Sorry we missed you too, TT. Getting back to the review. Our seats were up pretty high and people all around us were taking videos. Not alot of security up there. I wouldn't be surprised if someone has the whole concert taped.

sodascouts
09-04-2012, 08:38 PM
Oops, forgot the article that went with the pictures. He's pretty spot-on in his review.

http://www.examiner.com/review/the-eagles-perform-concert-the-ovation-hall-at-revel-atlantic-city

Oh my gosh, that guy plagiarized segments of my Eagles Biography (https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/biography.htm) and didn't even give me a backlink. LAME!

VAisForEagleLovers
09-04-2012, 08:40 PM
Oh my gosh, that guy plagiarized segments of my Eagles Biography (https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/biography.htm) and didn't even give me a backlink. LAME!

TYPICAL!

Henley Honey
09-04-2012, 08:50 PM
Glenn's ice-cold "STOP FILMING" during a song may or may not be unprecedented, but in my opinion it's a bad idea to issue chastisements in the middle of songs. I wasn't in the front row, but I can tell you from where I was (fourth row), I didn't see hardly anybody up close filming on Sunday. Obviously there was a lady in the front being obnoxious - shame on her - but is it worth bringing everybody down just to stop one person up close from filming?

I guess they're not going to be happy until every last person in the arena has stopped taking video... which means they're not going to be happy, period. They certainly can't control the people in the back or in the upper levels. They can lessen filming without damaging goodwill by making polite requests and if they want to do that, I don't mind. However, they can't eradicate filming either by request or by dictate and the latter just brings the room down. It sucks that they are allowing their obsession with this to detract from their entire audience's live experience, including those who didn't even bring cameras. I mean, this show was terrific otherwise.... Oh well. JMHO.

Don's anti-YouTube war is out of control. It even made him come out in support of the draconian SOPA bill (thank GOD Congress recognized that it was unconstitutional and didn't pass it). Believe me, he has lawyers working on it.

Wow. I don't think I could have a more polar opposite opinion. Yikes. Would it make a difference if it were a literary plagerism happening? Cause that's whats going on IMHO. No one could reproduce any portion of written, copyrighted material with no legal consequence. How does it become different if its a musical performance? It's still copyrighted, no? What's different?

Tiffanny Twisted
09-04-2012, 08:52 PM
Ok ...common sense tells you that if you paid the $$$ for the seats up front, you have to be crazy to "whip" out your camcorder STAND there and record.
From where we were sitting on Sat Nite, we could tell Dh was really upset. Announcments were made aboutnot .recording the concert--video or music.
This dude was very brazen and stood up in the middle of singing and just blocked everyones view with his camcorder and body not thinking of anyone who was around him.Just stood up and put the camera in DH"s face and recorded the whole song.
Now, I went to and earth wind and fire concert at the Borgata. We had 5th row seats. This "broad" with a press pass was in the seat in front of me and thought it was ok to just stand throught the concert and keep taking pictures. I gotta tell you that I went to security and complained. The dude first told me that the venue fells that you pay for the space that your chair is in to which I replied...
I paid for my ticket and she didnt cause she is wearing a press pass and if she is working she has no right to block my view taking pictures and videoing the concert...I paid...she didnt. Do I have to tell you who won that argument...Me She was told to sit or go to the sides of the venue with the other photographers which she eventually did.

The point is its nice to have a few pictures for personal use. When I look at my picture of Glenn from a concert I attended , It takes me to my happy place. Its for my pleasure and enjoyment.
I dint take it and disturb those around me..I enjoyed the concert and have my few pictures to enjoy taken with no flash and not obscuring anybodys views. The dude on Sat nite was being disrespectful to the group and the others there who paid alot of $$$$$ for their tickets to enjoy the show.
The venue making the announcments means nothing. They did that and everyone ignored them,
The memory of DH being pissed stays with me forever.

Ok...off the soap box now:bow:

tt

sodascouts
09-04-2012, 09:09 PM
Wow. I don't think I could have a more polar opposite opinion. Yikes. Would it make a difference if it were a literary plagerism happening? Cause that's whats going on IMHO. No one could reproduce any portion of written, copyrighted material with no legal consequence. How does it become different if its a musical performance? It's still copyrighted, no? What's different?

I'm not talking about whether or not something is a copyright violation here. I'm talking about the fact that the band's stage-scolding brings the room down. Perhaps it doesn't affect you in that way, but I know the people around me on Saturday had some choice comments after Don's display. Let security take care of it quietly.

On a personal note, if we as fans watch and enjoy the videos of the shows on YouTube and/or listen to audio recordings made of the show, how can we be outraged at those who take those videos or make those recordings?

Tiffanny Twisted
09-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Security wasnt taking care of it which is why Dh got upset..(just my point of view)

If they had done their jobs...he woudnt have gone off....

Henley Honey
09-04-2012, 09:21 PM
I'm not talking about whether or not something is a copyright violation here.

OK, then. That's the difference, That's exactly what I'm talking about. I don't think you can't pick and choose which part of the violation you agree with or if the the consensus of public opinion should alter that law.
If I published a book and it was reproduced illegally in any way I would voraciously defend my right to my IP. I have to think I'd do the same if I'd published (or performed) a song.

Topkat
09-04-2012, 09:22 PM
I have news for you. There is already a video that someone posted on my FB page of The Long Run from Sun night show.

I have mixed feelings about the whole thing. Yes, it is really annoying when people video & block your view, but then everyone wants to see video.

I was just on the phone with a friend of mine, & she says that YouTube video keeps these older acts alive & people interested in them. The Eagles aren't played that much on the radio, so how are younger people going to get to know them unless it's from YouTube. Everyone else has accepted that this is the world we live in today,
Years ago, if they said, "no cameras" at a venue, they take the camera away at the door, & give it back at the end of the show. If the Eagles want to be that strict about it, then maybe they need to take that step to insure no video is taken.

Tiffanny Twisted
09-04-2012, 09:30 PM
TK..
I dont think that he camera was the issue.
everyone has video capability on their phones today and I dont think everyperson in that venue was gonna surrender their phone nor would REvel or any venue wanna be resposible for that.
At Ceasers for Celine Dion. They searched and confescated recording devises but that was 7 years ago before everyone had the ability to do it in their phones

Tiffanny Twisted
09-04-2012, 09:31 PM
OK, then. That's the difference, That's exactly what I'm talking about. I don't think you can't pick and choose which part of the violation you agree with or if the the consensus of public opinion should alter that law.
If I published a book and it was reproduced illegally in any way I would voraciously defend my right to my IP. I have to think I'd do the same if I'd published (or performed) a song.

Isnt that what DH did??

sodascouts
09-04-2012, 09:35 PM

Since this is a thread about the concert, I was focusing on how this affected my concert experience. There are other threads dealing with the YouTube issue.

However, I have to say that consensus of public opinion alters laws all the time in a democracy. I personally think it's a good thing that the law is always adapting to societal change.

More and more artists are "seeing the light" with regard to YouTube. Despite my own feelings on the matter, though, I respect the Eagles' wishes and I don't film them anymore. I don't encourage anyone else to film them, either. On the other hand, since I do enjoy watching the videos others make, I feel it would be hypocritical for me to condemn them entirely.

I can't bring myself to regret filming the Eagles in the past before it became such a big deal to them. I treasure my little captured memories, and it makes me a little sad that I won't have any more of those.

Topkat
09-04-2012, 09:46 PM
TK..
I dont think that he camera was the issue.
everyone has video capability on their phones today and I dont think everyperson in that venue was gonna surrender their phone nor would REvel or any venue wanna be resposible for that.
At Ceasers for Celine Dion. They searched and confescated recording devises but that was 7 years ago before everyone had the ability to do it in their phones

TT, I think they can if they state it on the ticket, that all recording devices will be confiscated, or anyone caught video recording will have their device confiscated. People caught recording should have the device taken away & returned later. May cause a riot in there, but if people can't obey the rules, then maybe there should be consequences.
I don't know, its a tough call.

Tiffanny Twisted
09-04-2012, 10:05 PM
Soda..you have a point about respecting the bands wishes...which is what it comes down to. and I think you are right that this issue might to service to be its own thread.

For me it bothered me that Dh was so upset..I think he felt the guy was"in HIs Face" about videoing him.

Its a disraction for the band and others who paid to enjoy the concert in the moment

Henley Honey
09-04-2012, 10:18 PM
Since this is a thread about the concert, I was focusing on how this affected my concert experience. There are other threads dealing with the YouTube issue.

However, I have to say that consensus of public opinion alters laws all the time in a democracy. I personally think it's a good thing that the law is always adapting to societal change.

More and more artists are "seeing the light" with regard to YouTube. Despite my own feelings on the matter, though, I respect the Eagles' wishes and I don't film them anymore. I don't encourage anyone else to film them, either. On the other hand, since I do enjoy the videos, I feel it would be hypocritical for me to condemn them.

I can't bring myself to regret filming the Eagles in the past before it became such a big deal to them. I treasure my little captured memories, and it makes me a little sad that I won't have any more of those.

Well, since these comments occurred at the concert I thought it was appropriate to address them in this thread. If you think the discussion is better suited to another thread, then please use your Administrative powers and move it accordingly. As to artists "seeing the light" with regard to youtube -- who's light??? They certainly don't have to vote with the popular concensus. Again, I go back to ownership of the IP. We may feel that it should not be a big deal to them, but apparently they do -- and theirs is the only opinion that counts. They own the product and therefore can decide how and when it's used. I too love the captured memories, but I'm not the owner of the property. Again, if I wrote a book would I not be within my rights to safeguard where and how it's reproduced?

VAisForEagleLovers
09-04-2012, 10:21 PM
I have to say, again, Don saying what he did didn't bother me at all. I thought Glenn saying what he said in the middle of the song was a bit distracting and you know I don't like anything distracting me from Glenn! It was my opinion the first time around that those who had an issue with it are ones that feel if everybody does it, it must be right. Even if the law changes, it's a moral issue. Like adultery isn't illegal but it isn't right, either.

This discussion could be moved to another thread, however, it's people's intense feelings on this issue that had the words spoken during the concert be upsetting.

Other artists, from what I've read, haven't 'seen the light'. They've given up, given in. They've seen sales revenues plummet because people think it's OK to copy music. Now they're seeing concert revenue plummet. If it keeps up, the music industry will continue to deteriorate because people won't do it for free. And people filming at the concerts, bothering other people while doing it is annoying.

sodascouts
09-04-2012, 10:44 PM
It's quite natural that the discussion would go this way because of what was said at the concerts. Nobody did anything wrong by discussing it. However, I don't want to see the entire thread become dedicated to the debate, so I went and dug up these:

Copyright Trolls Steal All the Fun (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2129) (this is the original thread about this debate and it's pretty old, but it hashes out most of the points and counterpoints being brought up here)

Here's another older one from Don Henley in the Press: https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?p=119006&highlight=youtube#post119006

More recently, the related conversation about SOPA (PROTECT-IP) starts with Post 687 in Don Henley in the Press:
https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278&highlight=youtube&page=69

Feel free to add your thoughts on this issue to those threads. I think it's a very relevant discussion.

Witchy Woman
09-04-2012, 11:05 PM
While I totally understand the reasons why they don't want video taken, and completely agree with it being a copyright violation, I don't understand the problem with photo taking. Most of us like to have souvenirs of our concert experiences, and that includes pictures. As long as I don't take professional photographs and sell them for profit I should have the right to take a crappy cell phone or camera picture for posterity. I was a bit startled when Don got angry and I stopped taking pictures, because I felt I was disrespecting him, and I didn't want to do that.

Freypower
09-04-2012, 11:11 PM
I am going to be blunt here. While I understand Don's reasons, his diatribes are becoming tedious (I guess I am lucky that I've never actually sat through one of them). I get the impression that Glenn felt embarrased by his behaviour.

Glenn wasn't happy about someone taking photos from all over the place at his LA show. It would seem that if he comes here & I go & see him, I should not attempt to take photos, and I think that's a shame.

Topkat
09-04-2012, 11:21 PM
I have to say, again, Don saying what he did didn't bother me at all. I thought Glenn saying what he said in the middle of the song was a bit distracting and you know I don't like anything distracting me from Glenn! It was my opinion the first time around that those who had an issue with it are ones that feel if everybody does it, it must be right. Even if the law changes, it's a moral issue. Like adultery isn't illegal but it isn't right, either.

This discussion could be moved to another thread, however, it's people's intense feelings on this issue that had the words spoken during the concert be upsetting.

Other artists, from what I've read, haven't 'seen the light'. They've given up, given in. They've seen sales revenues plummet because people think it's OK to copy music. Now they're seeing concert revenue plummet. If it keeps up, the music industry will continue to deteriorate because people won't do it for free. And people filming at the concerts, bothering other people while doing it is annoying.

I don't think it makes sales plummet at all. Seeing a video of the Eagles would only make me want to see them live. How do you think people get so popular these days? It's from YouTube, not the radio. Besides, anyone could always record a song off the radio, even when there were only cassettes. I did that all the time. It didn't stop me from buying an album or seeing a concert. Video is not like a live show, it's not the same experience.

sodascouts
09-04-2012, 11:26 PM
I am going to be blunt here. While I understand Don's reasons, his diatribes are becoming tedious (I guess I am lucky that I've never actually sat through one of them). I get the impression that Glenn felt embarrased by his behaviour.

Hate to tell you this, FP, but Glenn's in on this too! Don didn't say a word about it Sunday night.

That said, Glenn did try to lighten the mood on Saturday after Don gave his copyright speech. I don't think he was embarrassed by what Don said, but he did seem to be trying to make startled audience members smile again. He succeeded. The guy next to me laughingly said "I love that guy" after Glenn joked that he didn't even let his kids take photos of him anymore, lol.

I think if the guys ask nicely and in a light-hearted manner, few people mind and most will stop videoing. Yeah, they won't get 100% compliance, but they won't get 100% compliance if they're preachy or scolding either.

If security more effectively enforced "no videos" the Eagles wouldn't have to say anything and we wouldn't have this problem.

Freypower
09-04-2012, 11:40 PM
I know Glenn is in on it, but he comes across, as you have described, as a great deal less preachy than his colleague. At least on this occasion.

Koala
09-05-2012, 12:17 AM
Thanks for The fantastic photos and Reviews!

zeldabjr
09-05-2012, 03:42 AM
still haven't come down from cloud 9 after the weekend...it definitely went way too fast...It was so good to see border friends and meet some new ones like TT and JAHH, and Topkat...and Dreamer's friends Darlene and her hubby!
The Revel is amazing and a maze!...I felt lost and disoriented in that place the whole time I was there (and no it wasn't seeing Timothy that made me feel that way like my sister suggested!)...the place is soooo huge and there is more than one way to get to different places in it and I never could get my bearings...but it was beautiful...the view from the 40th floor was awesome...wish the weather had been better...Can't say much about the concerts that hasn't already been said...the boys were amazing...of course...
My seat for Saturday was really good and I had almost the exact seat bought for Sunday...but when I found out there was a seat in row BB on Timothy's side I couldn't resist upgrading my ticket!!...thought BB was second row, but turned out to be first...I highly recommend sitting in the first row...It was amazing...and a totally different experience from sitting farther back! Yeah, I thought I would pass out when sweet Timothy came over and played right in front of us!!...I think I could have reached over the rope and touched him!....these guys are so incredibly talented and the music from forty years ago still holds up as good as ever...Joe always seems to bring the house down!...just the first chord of any of his songs brings the place to it's feet...I had really cool people around me on Sunday too...this couple that sat near me was awesome...fans since the beginning and were so into it and sweet...loved them...after Timothy came over and played right in front of us she high fived and hugged me...she was so excited for me!...it was very cute!...and the whole section stood for probably half the concert...on Saturday night the people around me were much quieter and didn't stand much...I like the standing,yelling, clapping, dancing people around me!!!...My sister said I sounded drunk on the phone after the show Sunday...she said I sounded giddy!...I told her no, not drunk...just on an Eagles high...and can't wait for the next one:grin:

Topkat
09-05-2012, 07:22 AM
Zelda, Your pictures came out great. Mine really didn't, so I'm glad to see yours & VA's pics! I still haven't been able to load them. My first front row at an Eagles show was quite an experience..... I think I was in a trance most of the show. I was very happy sitting on TBS side of the stage. I think I may have been yelling a bit too much because I had a bit of a sore throat by the time I got home.

We had a great time & the people sitting near us were really nice & totally into the show! The guys seemed to be in a great mood & very relaxed.. I thought the acoustics at the venue were excellent & their voices sounded spot on....I did see the security people tell a few people not to film.

One thought on this set list. Although it is shorter than the tours they had done previously, I did not feel cheated in any way. They played for 2 hours & I'm not sure that we can expect more than that. Most concerts you see lately, play a 90 minute set. That is the normal these days. I love that they started with 7 Bridges Road. I'm also glad they moved HC & TIE to the encore. I always felt these songs should be at the end of the show. I'm not sure that the 40 Anniversary tour is going to be a 3 hour show as they had done in the past. It may be a different set list, but I'm not so sure it's going to be much longer than this.

Overall, we all had a great time & it was so nice to meet up with fellow Borderers before & after the show! Great to finally meet Soda, VA, HH, Dreamer, Zelda after being on this board for almost a year now.

VAisForEagleLovers
09-05-2012, 09:15 AM
FP, when Glenn made his comment about his kids taking pictures after Don's comment (it wasn't really a diatribe) I felt he was showing the fans he was agreeing with what Don said. For the concert in LA, you had told me she was moving all over the place and distracting him. My impression from the previous concerts was that he didn't mind pictures as long as you sat in one place, lifted the camera, snapped, put it back down.

WW, I think the only problem they have with photos is when it's distracting them or those around the person taking the photo. And, of course, flash from the front rows. It's hard enough for them to see with the spotlights, then someone blinds them with a flash.

Zelda, nice pics! I got your message when I woke this morning, I'd already shut off the phone for the night.

TK, I kind of agree about the setlist. I do miss the extra thirty minutes of music because I can never hear these guys live enough. I really miss NKIT. The setlist they have now, though, has a great flow to it, IMO.

TimothyBFan
09-05-2012, 09:57 AM
I remember one of the shows in Chicago a few years ago, Glenn actually said something like "take all the pictures you want, just don't film us. We don't come to your job and film you." :hilarious: He's usually so light hearted about it, it kind of surprised me when I read that he actually had said what he did Sunday night, right in the middle of a song. That would of brought me down--FAST! As for Don, no surprise there, in fact, it's gotten to the point that I almost expect it. Don't get me wrong, I love Don's talent and I love my Eagles but I don't like this kind of stuff. But ever since the whole flyers on the seats in Indy (wasn't it) about standing during the concert, nothing surprises me. I would never video them... EVER... because I'd be to afraid to be on the other end of Don or Glenn's wrath. Don't want to go there.

As for it ending up on YouTube... CRAP!!! It doesn't take away from their sells. And for some of us, that completely refuse to pay that kind of money for a front row or decent seat to one of their concerts, it's as close to a live show as I will probably ever get again. Just my opinion.

As for other artist overcoming it.... There are definitely some artist that absolutely EMBRACE it and post their own stuff on YouTube, etc.... As a small example, I've stated before how Styx goes so far as to grab your cameras, phones, etc and take them up on stage and do their own taping/picture taking before handing it back to the audience member. At their concert in June, Tommy, JY & Lawrence actually goofed and posed during a song when someone was making no secret of taping and after the song, Tommy said "Stick that on YouTube!". :hilarious:

It is what it is!! Times have changed and I wish the Eagles would lighten up.

Topkat
09-05-2012, 10:22 AM
After looking over the setlist, there is only one thing I did miss. They played only one song from LROOE, How Long. I would really have LOVED to hear Waiting In the Weeds, which I think is a favorite off this album! I have heard many fans say this is their favorite song from LROOE.
That is really my only slight disappointment. Otherwise the set list was great.:inlove:

Freypower
09-05-2012, 05:15 PM
After looking over the setlist, there is only one thing I did miss. They played only one song from LROOE, How Long. I would really have LOVED to hear Waiting In the Weeds, which I think is a favorite off this album! I have heard many fans say this is their favorite song from LROOE.
That is really my only slight disappointment. Otherwise the set list was great.:inlove:

I just feel lucky that I got to see those songs.

My mian problem with this setlist, as always, is that Glenn sings too few songs in the second half of the show & that TIE should be last (if not last, at least it should be after RMW).

Freypower
09-05-2012, 05:17 PM
Zelda, Your pictures came out great. Mine really didn't, so I'm glad to see yours & VA's pics! I still haven't been able to load them. My first front row at an Eagles show was quite an experience..... I think I was in a trance most of the show. I was very happy sitting on TBS side of the stage. I think I may have been yelling a bit too much because I had a bit of a sore throat by the time I got home.

We had a great time & the people sitting near us were really nice & totally into the show! The guys seemed to be in a great mood & very relaxed.. I thought the acoustics at the venue were excellent & their voices sounded spot on....I did see the security people tell a few people not to film.

One thought on this set list. Although it is shorter than the tours they had done previously, I did not feel cheated in any way. They played for 2 hours & I'm not sure that we can expect more than that. Most concerts you see lately, play a 90 minute set. That is the normal these days. I love that they started with 7 Bridges Road. I'm also glad they moved HC & TIE to the encore. I always felt these songs should be at the end of the show. I'm not sure that the 40 Anniversary tour is going to be a 3 hour show as they had done in the past. It may be a different set list, but I'm not so sure it's going to be much longer than this.

Overall, we all had a great time & it was so nice to meet up with fellow Borderers before & after the show! Great to finally meet Soda, VA, HH, Dreamer, Zelda after being on this board for almost a year now.

TIE has always been an encore but in my opinion it should be the very last song; see previous post. They may do it first if they do a chronological setlist next year.

mustangkim11
09-05-2012, 05:47 PM
I remember one of the shows in Chicago a few years ago, Glenn actually said something like "take all the pictures you want, just don't film us. We don't come to your job and film you." :hilarious: He's usually so light hearted about it, it kind of surprised me when I read that he actually had said what he did Sunday night, right in the middle of a song. That would of brought me down--FAST! As for Don, no surprise there, in fact, it's gotten to the point that I almost expect it. Don't get me wrong, I love Don's talent and I love my Eagles but I don't like this kind of stuff. But ever since the whole flyers on the seats in Indy (wasn't it) about standing during the concert, nothing surprises me. I would never video them... EVER... because I'd be to afraid to be on the other end of Don or Glenn's wrath. Don't want to go there.

As for it ending up on YouTube... CRAP!!! It doesn't take away from their sells. And for some of us, that completely refuse to pay that kind of money for a front row or decent seat to one of their concerts, it's as close to a live show as I will probably ever get again. Just my opinion.

As for other artist overcoming it.... There are definitely some artist that absolutely EMBRACE it and post their own stuff on YouTube, etc.... As a small example, I've stated before how Styx goes so far as to grab your cameras, phones, etc and take them up on stage and do their own taping/picture taking before handing it back to the audience member. At their concert in June, Tommy, JY & Lawrence actually goofed and posed during a song when someone was making no secret of taping and after the song, Tommy said "Stick that on YouTube!". :hilarious:

It is what it is!! Times have changed and I wish the Eagles would lighten up.

Well put.

I've gone to You Tube to get my Joe Walsh fix b/c people have uploaded video over there from his latest tour. I don't know when and if Joe is going to play here so for me right now, that stuff on You Tube really helps scratch the itch. I'm grateful to those people who video shows that I haven't had the chance to see yet.

StephUK
09-05-2012, 06:09 PM
Zelda, Your pictures came out great. Mine really didn't, so I'm glad to see yours & VA's pics! I still haven't been able to load them...

Zelda, where can I see you pics? maybe I'm going ga-ga but I can't see a link in this thread.

Topkat
09-05-2012, 06:29 PM
Quote from TimothyBFan
Don't get me wrong, I love Don's talent and I love my Eagles but I don't like this kind of stuff. But ever since the whole flyers on the seats in Indy (wasn't it) about standing during the concert, nothing surprises me. I would never video them... EVER... because I'd be to afraid to be on the other end of Don or Glenn's wrath. Don't want to go there.

Wait, what was this thing with flyers on the seats??? What did they say? I have never heard of anyone putting flyers on the seats at a concert!!! Crazy!

Prettymaid
09-05-2012, 07:25 PM
Quote from TimothyBFan

Wait, what was this thing with flyers on the seats??? What did they say? I have never heard of anyone putting flyers on the seats at a concert!!! Crazy!

I can't remember which show had flyers on the seats, but Soda and I both remember in our reviews from Indy 3-22-09 the tour guy who came out before the show and gave us the 'standing and sitting rules'. Lol! Funny now...not so funny at the time.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1557

Tiffanny Twisted
09-05-2012, 07:37 PM
Ok I am with Zelda....still flying high.

I last saw the boys in 2008 three times in one year (2 of them in 1 week...long story). go bless JAhh.... we had so much fun and so enjoyed the shows. I never in my wildest dreams ever thought I would see those guys live ever. Was gonna do it years ago but they canceled Philly when he had stomach surgury.

I have been blessed whith the oppertunity to see them each individually solo.
Always entertaaining.

After seeing tht they are only doing the two they did at revel and the one in Vegas.....I feel fortunate that I got to see them at all...even with the dont film us issue.
I came to ohear them sing and perform and I wansnt disapointed:thumbsup:

StephUK
09-05-2012, 08:09 PM
I can't remember which show had flyers on the seats, but Soda and I both remember in our reviews from Indy 3-22-09 the tour guy who came out before the show and gave us the 'standing and sitting rules'. Lol! Funny now...not so funny at the time.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1557

There were flyers on the seats at the AA Center in Dallas when I saw the Eagles there in 2008, but not when I saw them there in 2010.

In 2008 it was 'no videoing or photography. A lot of venues say this but then allow photos, so I took out my camera but immediately got told 'No Photos' by security, so I had to put it away. If I remember correctly it said something about the standing/sitting thing too.
(At one Eagles show Don's said 'when we sit down, you sit down' or something like that - can't remember the year or the venue)

I remember at the O2 London on 22 March 2008 the tickets said no photos but on the night I went we were allowed to take photos. However, at one of the following shows(I think it was the last one on 6 April) they weren't allowing photos. Very inconsistent.

I never take videos. I have taken short clips on my camera but only during the band intros. I like to take photos, always without a flash, but stop if told to by security.

Like some others here, I think the Eagles can be a bit paranoid about such issues but I will respect their wishes. Also, if I pay A LOT of money for a good seat, I want to see the whole show and don't want to risk being thrown out by security.

Topkat
09-05-2012, 09:16 PM
I really can't believe they had the nerve to have a sit/stand notice! That is just nuts... It sounds like they wanted people sitting during the acoustic set, but that is just way crazy! How much of a control freak is this guy??? Surprised he didn't have a policy about when to clap & when to be still! Sheeesh!

Tiffanny Twisted
09-05-2012, 09:55 PM
when we saw them in 08 the first time they were really strick...no cameras no video.
i just wanted to see them....didnt wanna get thrown out...saw too many being escorted out the door...

Hey, its th=eir dogand pony show and they can do what they want and you can follow the rules... or not.

I try and enjoy the show in the moment,

zeldabjr
09-05-2012, 10:04 PM
http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh572/zeldabjr/023-1.jpghttp://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh572/zeldabjr/024-1.jpghttp://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh572/zeldabjr/025-1.jpghttp://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh572/zeldabjr/026-1.jpghttp://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh572/zeldabjr/028-1.jpghttp://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh572/zeldabjr/029-1.jpg

Please excuse my one track mind!:heart:

VAisForEagleLovers
09-05-2012, 10:14 PM
Nice pics, Zelda!

zeldabjr
09-05-2012, 10:30 PM
http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh572/zeldabjr/030-1.jpghttp://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh572/zeldabjr/032-1.jpghttp://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh572/zeldabjr/031-1.jpg
http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh572/zeldabjr/022-1.jpg

zeldabjr
09-05-2012, 10:36 PM
http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh572/zeldabjr/020-1.jpghttp://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh572/zeldabjr/019-1.jpghttp://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh572/zeldabjr/018-1.jpghttp://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh572/zeldabjr/017-1.jpg

my room at Revel...40th floor...amazing view!

VAisForEagleLovers
09-05-2012, 10:44 PM
Good grief, Zelda, it is a nice view, but I'd have stayed in the bathroom the whole time. Did you notice how completely freaked I was driving over some of those bridges near Philly? I am such a wimp when it comes to heights. I've overcome a lot of phobias in my life, but never that one. I was glad I had you and Soda and Dreamer in the car to distract me.

zeldabjr
09-05-2012, 11:19 PM
Good grief, Zelda, it is a nice view, but I'd have stayed in the bathroom the whole time. Did you notice how completely freaked I was driving over some of those bridges near Philly? I am such a wimp when it comes to heights. I've overcome a lot of phobias in my life, but never that one. I was glad I had you and Soda and Dreamer in the car to distract me.

You did a good job of covering while we were driving...I guess I was busy talking with Dreamer...you did very well...I guess you didn't sit by the window much in your room...I sat by it as much as I could and just stared at the view...How do you do flying?

Tiffanny Twisted
09-06-2012, 06:37 AM
Va--I thought I was the only one with a fear of heights.If you read my review...You"d see I had trouble witht he escalator in that place..the one out front that has 5 stories high and all you see is ocean when you look out. I so didnt wanna be a wimp but SOda was great . I was so scared.
zelda--what great pictures..thanks for sharing....My my you had such a gorgous view at that concert of your beloved Timothy.
I am so happy for you. I have come to have a fondness ofr his gentleness and his talent. Any guy who could right such a beautiful love song to his wife when she is away,,,,,,so romantic.

Trying to stay upbeat......dont want a concert low yet..I had too much fun with as dreamer says see ya'll.

have a great day everyone

tt

Topkat
09-06-2012, 07:39 AM
The view from the hotel room was spectacular, but Mon morning it was raining & very foggy.
I live on the 16th floor & my pool & gym are on the roof, which is 33 floors up, so I am used to being high up but when I first moved here I was a bit freaked out when I went out on the terrace. I guess you get used to it. Some of my friends when they come over will not go out on the terrace.
I still have trouble when I go over a bridge. That I just can't get used to. Especially driving over it. I just keep feeling like I'm going over the edge right into the water. I cannot drive over a bridge. If I'm in the car with someone else driving, I have to close my eyes.

TimothyBFan
09-06-2012, 07:49 AM
I really can't believe they had the nerve to have a sit/stand notice! That is just nuts... It sounds like they wanted people sitting during the acoustic set, but that is just way crazy! How much of a control freak is this guy??? Surprised he didn't have a policy about when to clap & when to be still! Sheeesh!

That was pretty much the general thought of all of us when that little bit of info came out. Seriously, I paid $200+ for a ticket and you have the nerve to tell me when I can stand or sit? I remember a few of us even saying that it had gotten to the point that before standing or applauding, you felt you had to look around you to see what everyone else was doing. :hilarious: A bit extreme to say the least.

Zelda--- Your pictures are wonderful and quite frankly, I appreciate your one track mind!!!! :thumbsup:

Topkat
09-06-2012, 08:35 AM
Zelda, Thanks for posting your pictures. I was yelled at by the camera police at the show, so I only have like 3 pictures, but I see you got some great shots. We had the best view of Timothy, which is exactly what we wanted!!!:thumbsup:

SallyGee
09-06-2012, 02:03 PM
http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh572/zeldabjr/023-1.jpghttp://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh572/zeldabjr/024-1.jpghttp://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh572/zeldabjr/025-1.jpghttp://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh572/zeldabjr/026-1.jpghttp://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh572/zeldabjr/028-1.jpghttp://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh572/zeldabjr/029-1.jpg

Please excuse my one track mind!:heart:
Zelda, My mind is on the same track!:) Gorgeous pictures:heart: Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!!

Brooke
09-06-2012, 04:05 PM
Wow, this has all caused quite a ruckus! I've been busy at work and can hardly keep up with all this conversation! lol

Zelda, your pics are fabulous! Thanks for sharing them with us!

And I also think that Hotel California and Take It Easy should be the last encore. Not one of Joe's songs. Nothing against Joe, I love him, but.........And TIE probably will be the first song on the anniversary tour. I can understand that if they do songs chronologically.

I'm very annoyed at the guys for trying to ban picture taking again. I remember all the fuss from 2008 and the stand/sit policy. That was completely ridiculous! I really can't imagine how they think they can keep people from taking pictures these days with all the camera/smart phones. Everyone has one! Can you imagine if you had to give it up at the door? For one thing, it would take hours to get in to the venue with everyone having to 'check' their phones! And then hours again to get out after trying to pick it back up! I don't know what they could possibly come up with to try to stop it. I do understand that you shouldn't use a flash or a professional camera, but most fans want that personal picture that they took themselves at a concert just for their own enjoyment and memories. Most fans don't try to sell them for money. Do they?!

I can kinda understand the video thing, but really, in this day and age? I don't think they can control it! I guess if they are so uptight about it, they need to retire! I don't want that to happen, but good grief! All I can say is guys, in your own words, lighten up while you still can! :wink:

ETA: I just checked my email and I received one from Def Leppard and they were advertising their videos for sale on itunes. They also put this in the ad:

HYSTERIA YOUTUBE PLAYLIST
YOU CAN NOW WATCH ALL THE VIDEOS FROM HYSTERIA ON
DEF LEPPARD'S OFFICIAL YOUTUBE CHANNEL

They have their own freakin' channel on there! OMG! Don would die! lol

VAisForEagleLovers
09-06-2012, 04:35 PM
A review out of Philly:

http://www.philly2philly.com/entertainment/entertainment_articles/2012/9/3/29246/the_eagles_shine_revel_atlantic_city_summer_come

Topkat
09-06-2012, 05:54 PM
So far all the reviews are GLOWING!! I have to agree that they really delivered!
So happy I decided to go! Who knows when this anniversary tour is going to happen & it may be in giant venues which I loathe....This place was kinda PERFECT & the sound system was superb!:woah:

Prettymaid
09-06-2012, 05:56 PM
I so happy you all had a great time and had great seats!

Zelda, your pictures came out fantastic!

zeldabjr
09-06-2012, 06:03 PM
A review out of Philly:

http://www.philly2philly.com/entertainment/entertainment_articles/2012/9/3/29246/the_eagles_shine_revel_atlantic_city_summer_come

nice review but.....they spelled Schmit wrong!!!:-x...again :-x

WalshFan88
09-06-2012, 06:31 PM
Great pics everyone!

I will only say that I think Don's hatred of social media, YouTube, filming/picture taking, etc goes a bit too far. His preaching would NOT be something I'd want to hear during a show and certainly would spoil my mood.

I was just reminded of the social media thing a few days ago after resetting my Facebook and adding my "like" pages back in when I realized Don didn't have a Facebook fan page. :hilarious: Just the wikipedia one, which I'm surprised he hasn't asked to be removed yet. :D

My thoughts on YouTube are that while I DO enjoy watching them - I would respect his no filming wishes. I think that YT videos are a good thing for people to watch. Downloading may be something else but I love watching all of the footage of the band. I can't lie. I think he should either allow some concert footage or put up some videos on an Eagles account or something. If he did that or gave a way to watch videos that'd be great. But again, it'll never happen. I think YouTube for the most part is harmless and I think it's great. I'm not saying downloading is ok, but watching some videos is not that bad to me. YMMV. I'm not saying film the whole concert and put it out there. Most YT uploads are poor quality anyway.

On photos, I completely disagree with him. If I am paying that much money for tix, I'm going to take some photos for myself and perhaps my friends on Facebook... I feel I have that right - rightly or wrongly that's just the way I feel. I love looking at photos and I love having photographic memories to remember and I'd love sharing with friends. I wouldn't sell them or give them to an image seller or anything like that. But I feel photos are harmless as long as you turn off flash (if you are close to the band in proximity) especially when it's for personal enjoyment.

As far as his hatred for Facebook, Twitter, social networks/media, etc I feel he is missing out somewhat. Sooooo many people use FB, Twitter, etc as a way to get themselves out there, keep their fans up to date, post some concert photos from the crowd, form a community, etc. If he doesn't want to be a part of it that's fine and I'm not as opinionated or upset about this as much as the other two topics but I feel as if he is sort of a stick in the mud in this case and is not moving forward. I fully embrace social networking as a lot of my friends are on there and it's the best way for me to talk to them but I also don't let myself live only in a virtual reality either.

Just my opinions of course but Don really aggravates me sometimes with his comments, views, etc. Just like that time he flipped the bird to the paparazzi. Just looks foolish to me. He's still my favorite singer of all time but that doesn't mean I have to like his thoughts or beliefs, agree with his decisions, or even his personality/behavior. In fact I've stuck up for Don as a musician on guitar forums when they bash him for his views or his drumming skills. He's a very polarizing figure, as I am told on there. :hilarious:

Tiffanny Twisted
09-06-2012, 06:47 PM
A review out of Philly:

Thanks for the link Va...
I think that it is a positive one....
They never fail to dissapoint when they perform.

Almost wish it was groundhogs day and except for the driving.....I',m doing it over and over again:thumbsup:

VAisForEagleLovers
09-06-2012, 07:19 PM
OK, reading through this thread I feel I need to make some clarifications. First, the tickets said nothing about no photographs. When we came into the hall security asked to see in my purse. I opened it and he asked me if I had a camera in there. I said 'Yes and I'm not taking it back to my room'. He said that no pictures would allowed. Then, before JD ever took the stage, the PA announcer said 'no photography or recording of any kind'. This announcement is made before every concert at every venue, regardless of who's playing. That's been true in my experience, anyway. Early in the setlist, Don said three sentences about not filming. If the word 'copyright' makes it a rant then I guess it was. Then Glenn smiled and said he didn't even let his kids take pictures of him on a good day at home, or something like that. So in my review, I said it was unclear to me whether they didn't want pictures taken or not, so I elected to keep my camera in my purse. With what the security person said as I gave me ticket to be scanned, it could have been a miscommunication between the band and security.

Sunday night, they didn't care what was in my purse. I mentioned the camera and the guy smiled and told me to feel free to use it. The PA announcement was made, but all that was said from stage was 'no filming' and security didn't try to stop photos from being taken unless there was flash involved.

I've said this in other threads and I'll say it again here since I had this happen before this concert. I told friends that tickets would be on sale and that I was going. They said they didn't have the money to go and could I video-record it for them. My response was not Christian-like and certainly can't be printed on this board. These are friends that make more than twice as much as I do, they have the money, they just have other priorities. So be it. They can wait for the next DVD to come out.

It's a shame this conversation has taken away from the total absolute awesomeness displayed in the concert. These guys outdid themselves and that seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle.

Tiffanny Twisted
09-06-2012, 07:33 PM
I agree with everything that you have said in your post. especially the part about all the side isseue taking away from the exclent talent and concerts that we saw.

I was just saying to JAHH, if you think about it.....this mega band only did three group shows this year (the whole stinking 52 week year) and I got to see one spectacular show by talented gentelmen who have created the soundtack of my life.

I am greatful that they performed and I was there:thumbsup:

VAisForEagleLovers
09-06-2012, 07:37 PM
I agree with everything that you have said in your post. especially the part about all the side isseue taking away from the exclent talent and concerts that we saw.

I was just saying to JAHH, if you think about it.....this mega band only did three group shows this year (the whole stinking 52 week year) and I got to see one spectacular show by talented gentelmen who have created the soundtack of my life.

I am greatful that they performed and I was there:thumbsup:

To be fair to them, besides the shows in South Africa and Dubai, they did one in Vegas, two in Atlanta, one in New Orleans. Then the two in AC and one coming up in Vegas again. I'm very lucky that I got to go to four of them!!

Tiffanny Twisted
09-06-2012, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the correction...I thought they only did the two at revel and the one in nov @ Vegas (silly me, I was going by my cool tee shirt I bought on Sat nite)

Can I ask which four (or should I say which two since I know two were at the revel.)?

Should I guess??....
You took the focus to Dubai and south america right??? lol

VAisForEagleLovers
09-06-2012, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the correction...I thought they only did the two at revel and the one in nov @ Vegas (silly me, I was going by my cool tee shirt I bought on Sat nite)

Can I ask which four (or should I say which two since I know two were at the revel.)?

Should I guess??....
You took the focus to Dubai and south america right??? lol

It doesn't float! At least I don't think it does. :eyebrow: I went to the two in Atlanta.

zeldabjr
09-06-2012, 07:52 PM
It's a shame this conversation has taken away from the total absolute awesomeness displayed in the concert. These guys outdid themselves and that seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle.

I agree with everything you said VK, but mostly about the quality of the music being overlooked...I have now seen them three times this year and I am continually at a loss as to how I feel after seeing them...they are so amazingly talented and make it all look so effortless, which I know it is not...
I am always shaking my head after the show is over and don't know what to say...no words seem adequate!

Tiffanny Twisted
09-06-2012, 07:52 PM
thanks Va...Guess it makes it easier when you travel for one you might as well done two ..if you were already going...'

thats what I thought about revel but two werent in the budget this time.

Focus are great cars...but you are right they dont float..

Tiffanny Twisted
09-06-2012, 07:54 PM
Zelda.....
I am still grooving form Sat nite.

What a show.

Glennhoney
09-06-2012, 08:23 PM
I'm trying to think of any concerts I've been to where "photography and recording" were allowed....and I can NOT think of any....Whether it's local theater or big name acts, it's always "NO PICTURES OR RECORDING OF ANY KIND"..

VAisForEagleLovers
09-06-2012, 08:48 PM
I'm trying to think of any concerts I've been to where "photography and recording" were allowed....and I can NOT think of any....Whether it's local theater or big name acts, it's always "NO PICTURES OR RECORDING OF ANY KIND"..

In the last year's worth of concerts/plays for me, Seger only allowed pics from cell cameras, no real cameras of any type and no recording. Celtic Woman, no photographs or recording of any type. Alan Jackson allowed pics and recording, but it was a benefit concert in a school parking lot. Now sure how he is at other concerts. A Christmas Carol (the play), no pics or recording of any type.

Zelda, I've been playing the live version of Walk Away in my head for about three hours. Before that it was Life In the Fast Lane. Still making me smile and dance around the house.

Topkat
09-06-2012, 08:54 PM
A review out of Philly:

This reviewer also left Witchy Woman off of the set list. It was played after ICTYW....or am I crazy? That did happen, right.
I wrote down the songs as they went along.

zeldabjr
09-06-2012, 10:05 PM
This reviewer also left Witchy Woman off of the set list. It was played after ICTYW....or am I crazy? That did happen, right.
I wrote down the songs as they went along.

oh yeah they definitely did Witchy Woman...one of my faves!!!

Topkat
09-06-2012, 10:11 PM
oh yeah they definitely did Witchy Woman...one of my faves!!!

OK, now I can't stop singing it!!!

zeldabjr
09-06-2012, 10:13 PM
i don't know what it is but my memory is all jumbled...It was during LITFL that Timothy came over and played in front of us right?...

Brooke
09-07-2012, 10:49 AM
That's cool that they are moving close to the front when they want to highlight themselves. I've not seen them do that before. :thumbsup:

Topkat
09-07-2012, 11:40 AM
i don't know what it is but my memory is all jumbled...It was during LITFL that Timothy came over and played in front of us right?...

Yes, it was during LITFL that Tim came over, but I forgot when Joe came over. I think it was during one of his songs. Do you remember?

zeldabjr
09-07-2012, 12:28 PM
Yes, it was during LITFL that Tim came over, but I forgot when Joe came over. I think it was during one of his songs. Do you remember?

No...I think my mind is still in Jersey!

VAisForEagleLovers
09-07-2012, 12:43 PM

Life's Been Good.

zeldabjr
09-07-2012, 12:49 PM
[quote=VAisForEagleLovers;192131]Life's Been Good.[/

I should remember that ...not you!!

Topkat
09-07-2012, 01:29 PM
Life's Been Good.

VA I'm pretty sure that Tim came over first, then Joe came over to our side later??? Maybe I'm mistaken?:headscratch:

I just realized it's my 1 Year Anniversary here on The Border!!
So happy I found this place! Got to see some great shows & meet some really nice people that LoVE the Eagles!!

VAisForEagleLovers
09-07-2012, 01:33 PM
I don't know when Tim went over, but I'm sure Joe went over during Life's Been Good.

Topkat
09-07-2012, 01:50 PM
I don't know when Tim went over, but I'm sure Joe went over during Life's Been Good.

Maybe I'm mistaken & Joe came over first, but I could have sworn that Tim came over first?? I could have just been in a space fog! That's entirely possible!

VAisForEagleLovers
09-07-2012, 01:52 PM
Maybe I'm mistaken & Joe came over first, but I could have sworn that Tim came over first?? I could have just been in a space fog! That's entirely possible!

There were only four songs after LITFL, all encores. Surely you wouldn't have forgotten if Tim came over twice?

Prettymaid
09-07-2012, 02:10 PM

I think that's normal. You're trying to take in so much in a short amount of time.

Was it maybe Lifes Been Good when Joe came over to your side ?

ETA: Duh. Was trying to put up this post at work from my phone in between customers. I see that VA already answered.

Topkat
09-07-2012, 03:01 PM
It was Life's Been Good that Joe came over....There is Video on YT.....Don't tell Don, but it's out there.
VA, I see you & HH standing during HC, & then sit down in the front.

VAisForEagleLovers
09-07-2012, 03:19 PM
It was Life's Been Good that Joe came over....There is Video on YT.....Don't tell Don, but it's out there.

OH great.

zeldabjr
09-07-2012, 04:25 PM
oh...the PEW is hitting...:-(

Prettymaid
09-07-2012, 06:06 PM
I just watched the HC video. Wow! I can't wait until next year!

Topkat
09-07-2012, 06:22 PM
You know...these videos don't really do it justice! It was A LOT better in the REVEL....A LOT

zeldabjr
09-07-2012, 07:25 PM
VA I'm pretty sure that Tim came over first, then Joe came over to our side later??? Maybe I'm mistaken?:headscratch:

I just realized it's my 1 Year Anniversary here on The Border!!
So happy I found this place! Got to see some great shows & meet some really nice people that LoVE the Eagles!!

Happy Borderversary Topkat!

Tiffanny Twisted
09-07-2012, 08:01 PM
happy borderanniversary topkat:computer:keep on posting

WalshFan88
09-07-2012, 08:07 PM
Happy Borderversary Topkat!!!!

Tiffanny Twisted
09-07-2012, 08:10 PM

WHERE IS THE LINK FOR THE VIDEO??

WalshFan88
09-07-2012, 08:12 PM
WHERE IS THE LINK FOR THE VIDEO??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLEg-26ZuKQ

zeldabjr
09-07-2012, 08:18 PM
You know...these videos don't really do it justice! It was A LOT better in the REVEL....A LOT

maybe that's one reason Don doesn't like them...they don't do the Eagles justice!

VAisForEagleLovers
09-07-2012, 08:28 PM
maybe that's one reason Don doesn't like them...they don't do the Eagles justice!

Or me! Seriously, I'm impressed with the quality from what looks like upper mezzanine, but still...why bother when it's gonna look and sound like that? Just enjoy the concert and leave it alone.

Ive always been a dreamer
09-07-2012, 08:35 PM
First of all ... TGIF!!!

It has been a very hectic week and I haven't had any time at all to post since I got back from AC. I was trying to read this thread throughout this week and didn't even have time to do that - so again ... TGIF!

As far as Tim and Joe going over to the Tim side of the stage - Joe pretty much always goes over to that side of the stage during Life's Been Good. He even did that when I saw him solo in Vienna a few weeks ago. During the bass solo at end of the bridge in LITFL, Tim always comes out to the edge of the stage. He used to run across and play the solo standing beside Steuart, but recently he has just been coming to the edge on his side.

OK, reading through this thread I feel I need to make some clarifications. First, the tickets said nothing about no photographs. When we came into the hall security asked to see in my purse. I opened it and he asked me if I had a camera in there. I said 'Yes and I'm not taking it back to my room'. He said that no pictures would allowed. Then, before JD ever took the stage, the PA announcer said 'no photography or recording of any kind'. This announcement is made before every concert at every venue, regardless of who's playing. That's been true in my experience, anyway. Early in the setlist, Don said three sentences about not filming. If the word 'copyright' makes it a rant then I guess it was. Then Glenn smiled and said he didn't even let his kids take pictures of him on a good day at home, or something like that. So in my review, I said it was unclear to me whether they didn't want pictures taken or not, so I elected to keep my camera in my purse. With what the security person said as I gave me ticket to be scanned, it could have been a miscommunication between the band and security.

Sunday night, they didn't care what was in my purse. I mentioned the camera and the guy smiled and told me to feel free to use it. The PA announcement was made, but all that was said from stage was 'no filming' and security didn't try to stop photos from being taken unless there was flash involved.

I've said this in other threads and I'll say it again here since I had this happen before this concert. I told friends that tickets would be on sale and that I was going. They said they didn't have the money to go and could I video-record it for them. My response was not Christian-like and certainly can't be printed on this board. These are friends that make more than twice as much as I do, they have the money, they just have other priorities. So be it. They can wait for the next DVD to come out.

Now, I totally agree with you here, VA. The two shows in AC last weekend were absolutely wonderful, IMHO and I hate to see them overshadowed over filming and photography issues. Just to set the record straight, I think the band is okay with folks taking pictures as long as it's not flash photography - it's mainly video that they have a problem with. And it's not only Don. Whether I agree with them or not, it doesn't detract from my enjoyment of the show.

Also, just to clarify about the flyers in seats back in 2008, that was an isolated incident. I'm pretty sure it was not a directive from the band since it only happened at a couple of venues during that tour. I've been to quite a few Eagles concerts and the security can be very inconsistent because the enforcement of rules is controlled by the venue, not the band. Some venues are very lax whereas other have overly-zealous security enforcement.

Again, overall for me, the shows last weekend were another very excellent Eagles adventure. It was fun as always meeting up with fellow Borderers and I can hardly wait to see what surprises the band has in store for us next year. :partytime::partytime::partytime::partytime:

Tiffanny Twisted
09-07-2012, 08:42 PM
Yeah Dreamer...glad you had so much fun last weekend.,

Sorry you had a tough week TGIf . seems like alot of us eagles weekend warriors had a tough week but it is over,yeah and last weekend was a blast and I am glad that JAHH and I had a chance to spend time with you again.
Blessings.
tt

09-07-2012, 08:53 PM

Glad you got up the nerve to post, too. Now that you're no longer a Border virgin, don't be a stranger. :wink: It was great seeing you and hubby again, and, hopefully, we'll be seeing each other some next year.

09-07-2012, 08:58 PM
Yeah Dreamer...glad you had so much fun last weekend.,

Sorry you had a tough week TGIf . seems like alot of us eagles weekend warriors had a tough week but it is over,yeah and last weekend was a blast and I am glad that JAHH and I had a chance to spend time with you again.
Blessings.
tt

TT - It was good having dinner and hanging out with you and JAHH again. I'm glad it worked out for you and him to make it to AC for a show. As I said before, maybe our paths will cross again next year. :thumbsup:

Topkat
09-07-2012, 09:20 PM
Here's the Life's Been Good Video!
So happy I found this site 1 year ago today & had so much fun meeting you all in Atlantic City! I only got to see 1 show, but I had the best time. Sharing the concert with my Eagle fanatic friends was fantastic.!!
Welcome to the board Darwene!
Here's Joe coming to our side of the stage!

http://youtu.be/mD8OYVXbW30

Tiffanny Twisted
09-07-2012, 09:27 PM
thanks dreamer..Some have a bingo jar I have a eagles jar..
heres to next year.
tt

Tiffanny Twisted
09-07-2012, 09:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLEg-26ZuKQ
thanks walshfan

I enjoyed seeing hh and va...lol
but yeah..it must have shot from up high instead of right in front of DH.
Thanks for the link
peace
tt

Schoey5107
09-08-2012, 02:25 AM
Hi All,

Just wanted to give my two cents on Sundays show.... First of all I’m a huge Eagles fan and have seen them seven times in the last few years with my most recent in Vegas this past April. I thought the boys sounded good and the crowd was really into it. With that aside, I think this will be my last show unless they start to change up the set list. I'm getting to the point where I feel I'm paying really good money to see them play the same songs with no variety..It’s like seeing the same movie over and over. With such a big selection of songs in their catalog you would think they would want to mix it up, if not for the audience, but for themselves to keep things fresh.

I'm hoping next year they break out some classics as Already Gone, Sad Cafe, Best Of My love and New Kid In Town to name a few. I've heard that Glenn has trouble singing that song...I don't believe that with his new album and hearing him do Desperado I think he could pull off NKIT if he wanted....

Bottom line...If they stick to the same 20 songs, I'll just enjoy them on my CD player...They mix things up and add a few new tunes I'll be the first to buy a ticket.

One last note, I really wish they would also drop their solo stuff. Yes I like the James Gang, but once again you have so many great songs that you don’t play (Pretty Maids All In A Row, Last Resort, Wasted Time)...Play them!!!

I’m hoping 2013 is a big year for the Eagles and that I'll be donating to their retirement fund :)

Prettymaid
09-08-2012, 08:26 AM
Hi Schoey and welcome!

It is incredible how many Eagles shows you've seen! I am in awe of you and others here who have traveled to see our boys. I have to agree with you though about paying to see the same, or very similar show over and over. The three times I saw them (in 2008, 2009 and 2010) are treasured memories, but my bank account can't survive seeing them more often than that! I will say thay Hubby and I are planning to see them one more time next year for their 40th anniversary tour and I am really looking forward to that.

VAisForEagleLovers
09-08-2012, 10:12 AM
Welcome back, Schoey! Glad to have your input, it's always good to get a wide range of comments on a show. I know what you mean about the setlist, I assume they see no need to shake things up and spend time rehearsing when they'll be doing such different things next year.

As for the solo songs, I know I'm one of the minority, but IMO, the Eagles have taken these songs on and made them their own. I went to see Joe recently, he had a great band, two drummers, great backup singers. Not a single one of his songs sounded as good as they do with the Eagles. I was at Wolf Trap, so it wasn't an arena/sound issue. Maybe some of it is presentation. Neither of the drummers were into Life's Been Good like Don gets into it. Anyway, I can't imagine an Eagles concert without some of these songs. After all, they've been doing them since the mid-70's and they are a part of their history.

Yes, Schoey, I'll be contributing greatly to their retirement fund as well, although that retirement had better be far off into the future!!

Come back more often, Schoey!

Tiffanny Twisted
09-08-2012, 10:35 AM
welcome schoey...

nice post..great points.But.....

They do have a wide variety to pick from to play and with that being siad, I am sure that they will never make "everyone " who goes to see them happy campers.
I have seen them three times in 2008.I just saw them in AC.
And Ac was the first time I ever heard "Witchy Woman" done live by the Eagles.
i dont agree with no Walsh solo songs.....to do that then means no...Dh solo...like Dirty Lanundry or ALl she wants to do is dance
Or Gf...smugglers Blues or You belong to the city.

I think their muscial directors have a tough job..taking a career that spans 40 years of the soundtrack of a lot of peoples lives and try and fit it into a 2 hour show. It goes to saying that this band is that good and has such a body of work to pick from. And why would you take out a such a get up on your feet and dance youself silly song like Life"s been good to me???

And as Va and the eagles themselves say on the melbourne dvd.....all those solo songs could have been eagles songs and as va says ...no one plays drums like DH or even Scott Crago who as been with them since 1994 and these"solo" songs have so become eagles songs.

I too fear I will be contributingto their retirment fund for a long time.....I just love to go and see them live..they are so entertaining and anamated.:thumbsup:

tt

09-08-2012, 12:17 PM
First of all, I forgot to thank everyone for the great reviews and pictures of the shows. They are all awesome as always.

And VA - it's kinda scary cause I'm totally agreeing with you waaayyy too much here in this thread. You think we're sharing a brain. I certainly hope not for your sake. :wink: I am ready for a setlist change next year, but I am also a fan of the solo stuff and don't think it should be dropped. Let's face it, as Glenn say "Joe is the party". I don't think the Eagles shows would be nearly as successful without him. He adds so much to the live shows and the audience just goes wild over him. Plus his solo and James Gang material just plays better live than his Eagles work.

Even though I'm looking forward to changes next year, I'm one that really doesn't get tired of seeing this band live. Now, true, the AC shows were the first time I've actually seen the band in a couple of years so I might get tired of them if I had the chore of seeing them once a month, but once or twice every six months would definitely work for me. I'm quoting Henley Honey from another thread because I think she said it best ...

For me, the journey is the appeal. The anticipation, the travel, meeting new people with shared interests, and knowing that at the end of that journey I have the priviledge of seeing an always-stellar peformance from an extraordinary group of musicians. Same setlist or different setlist -- it doesn't matter to me. No two performances are the same. The energy is different, the audience is different. How the band interacts with each other and with the audience is different. Subtle changes can have an enormous effect on the overall experience. It never gets old for me.
I also realize that a 2013 tour is not guaranteed. I'd rather live in the moment and enjoy the experience to the fullest. Plus, it's just plain fun!

VAisForEagleLovers
09-08-2012, 12:42 PM
And VA - it's kinda scary cause I'm totally agreeing with you waaayyy too much here in this thread. You think we're sharing a brain.

This should scare you. A lot.

09-08-2012, 12:59 PM
Well VA - us sharing a brain probably ain't something that should be cloned ... that's for sure. :hilarious:

Topkat
09-08-2012, 01:40 PM
First of all, I forgot to thank everyone for the great reviews and pictures of the shows. They are all awesome as always.

Even though I'm looking forward to changes next year, I'm one that really doesn't get tired of seeing this band live. Now, true, the AC shows were the first time I've actually seen the band in a couple of years so I might get tired of them if I had the chore of seeing them once a month, but once or twice every six months would definitely work for me. I'm quoting Henley Honey from another thread because I think she said it best ...

Originally Posted by Henley Honey
For me, the journey is the appeal. The anticipation, the travel, meeting new people with shared interests, and knowing that at the end of that journey I have the priviledge of seeing an always-stellar peformance from an extraordinary group of musicians. Same setlist or different setlist -- it doesn't matter to me. No two performances are the same. The energy is different, the audience is different. How the band interacts with each other and with the audience is different. Subtle changes can have an enormous effect on the overall experience. It never gets old for me.
I also realize that a 2013 tour is not guaranteed. I'd rather live in the moment and enjoy the experience to the fullest. Plus, it's just plain fun!

I'm going to agree with HH, & Dreamer here in that this was a most enjoyable show & I loved every second of it. I am one that has not seen the Eagles in about 10 years, so for me it was not the same old show...Was it the BEST Eagles show I have ever seen, maybe not, but it does rank very high on my list. I never sat front row before, so that was exciting!

I would have to say that HFO tour was a better show for a few reasons. Many people on here may not have seen that show live, but I have had the pleasure to see it twice, but let's face it, that was 17 years ago. That was then....and this is now. Were there songs I didn't get to hear this time? YES, but what they played was done fantastic. I would see this show again. I think everyone going at least from The Border, knew it was going to be the same show they may have seen in Atlanta or Vegas, & the Nov. show will probably also be the same, but that wouldn't stop me from seeing it again if I could.

I do have to say one thing here, & it may be a sore spot among some of you, but I do MISS DON FELDER in this band...Smith is a good guitarist, but he is not Felder. There is something exquisite about Don's guitar playing that I can't really but my finger on. It was cleaner, more intricate, more soulful. It was most noticed to me at least on HC & ICTYW. I also missed the guitar play with Joe. Now Joe is great, but Felder made him better. JMHO. Together, they were more than amazing!!!

I am hoping the 40 Anniversary Tour is a bit more extensive & that maybe some variation of the songs will be done with the sax & horn section included, so I look forward to see what they come up with for that show, but who knows when that's going to happen? I would love to see some things done as they were in the past, but this will hold me over until then. I am so happy I decided to go, almost at the last minute & had a blast!

sodascouts
09-08-2012, 02:04 PM
Also, just to clarify about the flyers in seats back in 2008, that was an isolated incident. I'm pretty sure it was not a directive from the band since it only happened at a couple of venues during that tour. I've been to quite a few Eagles concerts and the security can be very inconsistent because the enforcement of rules is controlled by the venue, not the band. Some venues are very lax whereas other have overly-zealous security enforcement.

Well, we did find out the band had a standing/sitting policy, remember? https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1541

Again, overall for me, the shows last weekend were another very excellent Eagles adventure. It was fun as always meeting up with fellow Borderers and I can hardly wait to see what surprises the band has in store for us next year. :partytime::partytime::partytime::partytime:I agree! And I again encourage anyone who wishes to continue the interesting discussion on the YouTube / video issue to post to the threads I linked to here (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showpost.php?p=191911&postcount=60) so that this thread can be dedicated solely to the show, which overall was excellent.

BTW while I understand that Joe doesn't have much to work with in his Eagles catalog and as such it might be necessary to bring in solo / James Gang songs, that's not the case for Don Henley. I'd happy trade "Boys of Summer" for "Best of My Love" and "Dirty Laundry" for "One of These Nights" - or take your pick from one of his other multitudinous Eagles leads. That, of course, is assuming you want to keep the current lead vocal ratio, which is by no means absolutely necessary. If that's not the case, I have two words: ALREADY GONE.

Schoey - hi! I have to say I'm with you on the setlist issue affecting whether or not I go to shows. I'll always try to go to one per year as long as they're on the road - gotta get my Eagles fix - but the Eagles having the same setlist makes me want to use the money I would use for multiple shows on other acts, like Fleetwood Mac which is touring next year. If the Eagles shake things up, though (and FM doesn't), reverse that scenario!

VAisForEagleLovers
09-08-2012, 02:10 PM
Speaking of which, I can't believe a whole week since the first AC show is Already Gone.

Tiffanny Twisted
09-08-2012, 03:03 PM
Speaking of which, I can't believe a whole week since the first AC show is Already Gone.
i"m with you.....this time last week we were groving to egles in the car and heading to ac Hrc to meet the "ladies of the border".
Did I mention ground hogs day effect would be nice right here. (reliving the concert over and over and over again)

I love already gone...another one of my top 10 eagles songs.
And do you think they keep count as to how many lead part songs each one gets to sing????

Just asking everyones opinion.

Tiffanny Twisted
09-08-2012, 03:29 PM
I agree with HH...perfectly said.
As I always say...Bling is great for a gift but I would rather have the memorys shared with JAhh and Soda , Dreamer, HH, VA and Zelda of seeing these guys in the moment. They could do the same set list over and over but since it is a live performance...it is never the same...the audience and the musicians react differently each time.

Example....when we saw the band in Philly and Joe put on the helmet cam and scaned the audience an lady in the front row lifted her shirt and there on the jombo tron was her breasts but the look on Joe and glenns face and how they reacted was priceless. When we saw them two days later in Ac....at the same part in that show they stressed to show your "clean talents" .lol Plus they shortened the encors because someone through flowers at TBS and he had to duck so they cut out some songs and never came back to the stage.....Same set list but diffenet reactions from the audience effected the show.

TK...sorry to disagree but JOE Walsh is outsranding when it comes to guitar and DF cant hold a candle to him or Stuart Smith.

JOe made DF look good. I dont think much of DF as a person....He so missed the boat. He is a person to me who thinks he is impressed with the signigicance of his own importance. And in the grand scheme of things ,his importance wasnt much. It aslways was GF and Dh 's group.....Yeah he might have wrote the music for HC but there are other peoples name on the writers credit on that song.It wa a group effort.Like most of their songs. To see the banter between SS and JW and the fist bumps on sat night was outstanding.
Let me ask you...."what great thing has DF done since he was fired from the group???"
Toatlly my opinion but as I have said ZDf has talent but cant hold a candle to Jw. ANd I have seen him live in person where the place was in his trance the whole performance. (JW)

Ok let the knive throwing start now...

zeldabjr
09-08-2012, 03:46 PM

I know I've been thinking of that all day...the post Eagles withdrawl is setting in...no Eagles shows to look forward to in the near future...

sodascouts
09-08-2012, 03:49 PM
Think of it this way - absence makes the heart grow fonder! It will be even more special the next time you see them with more time in between. :)

Tiffanny Twisted
09-08-2012, 04:00 PM
wow thats what is is ..eagles withdraw.......

now I know why I am in a xrappy mood

Topkat
09-08-2012, 04:57 PM
TK...sorry to disagree but JOE Walsh is outsranding when it comes to guitar and DF cant hold a candle to him or Stuart Smith.

JOe made DF look good. I dont think much of DF as a person....He so missed the boat. He is a person to me who thinks he is impressed with the signigicance of his own importance. And in the grand scheme of things ,his importance wasnt much. It aslways was GF and Dh 's group.....Yeah he might have wrote the music for HC but there are other peoples name on the writers credit on that song.It wa a group effort.Like most of their songs. To see the banter between SS and JW and the fist bumps on sat night was outstanding.
Let me ask you...."what great thing has DF done since he was fired from the group???"
Toatlly my opinion but as I have said ZDf has talent but cant hold a candle to Jw. ANd I have seen him live in person where the place was in his trance the whole performance. (JW)

Ok let the knive throwing start now...

First of all TT, I don't throw any knives. You have your opinion, & that's fine, but I have mine. I bet that you have not seen the Eagles live with Don Felder.
Have you?

I never said Joe wasn't an amazing guitar player, I agree that he is, but there was magic on the stage between Don Felder & Joe. I doubt that anyone who has seen them live will deny that. They fed off each other in a way that can be described as chemistry & talent that was brilliant. There is a reason that Smith is not an Eagle & is a sideman. I do think the guitar parts are modified & toned down when Smith plays his part. That is all I'm going to say about it.

You obviously have bad feelings about Felder, but that is on a personal issue. I am just saying that Don is also an amazing guitar player & that in my opinion, he made an important contribution to the Eagles. What he has done since is really irrelevant. He is releasing a solo album shortly. I'm only saying that I did miss him being there.

Peace Out Baby!:eyebrow:

VAisForEagleLovers
09-08-2012, 05:37 PM
I never got to see them live with Felder due to idiot choices in the men in my life. Different story and very pathetic. So I can honestly say I don't miss him and Steuart does it well enough for me! Joe merely leaves me completely speechless.

Tiffanny Twisted
09-08-2012, 06:50 PM
TK

Joe Walsh doesnt" need Don Feldeer to make him better".
When It comes to guitar players, Joe Walsh is head and shoulders above Don Felder. I agree with Va....heleaves me speechless.
tt

sodascouts
09-08-2012, 07:16 PM
I never saw Felder with the Eagles - heck, I didn't even know who he was until 2005 - I watched HFO back when it first aired, but I have such a bad memory and I was so unfamiliar with the members of the Eagles that I'd forgotten his name after the special was over.

Still, watching old bootlegs (I just finished watching Houston 1976), I can see he had a special chemistry with Joe that Smith, as good as he is, doesn't really duplicate onstage. I don't miss Felder per se because I don't feel a lack w hen I go to a show, but I can see how his presence would add something.

It's kind of like drinking Coke from a plastic bottle vs. drinking it from a glass bottle. I love my Coke from the plastic bottle, but the few times I got to drink it from a glass bottle, I liked it even better... in spite of the fact that if you poured the contents of both over ice, I probably couldn't tell the difference. There's just something about drinking Coke from an old-school glass bottle that makes it better, and there's just something about hearing old-school Eagles with Don Felder that makes it better.

JMHO.

Freypower
09-08-2012, 09:54 PM
I saw Felder once on the HFO tour. I was glad I saw him but I'm afraid I don't miss him. Steuart can't have the same 'chemistry' because he is not an official band member but in my opinion he interacts just as well with Joe during HC as Felder did.

09-08-2012, 10:27 PM
Well, we did find out the band had a standing/sitting policy, remember? https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1541

Well, Soda - I stand by what I said in the that other thread at the time. Whether that was the band's official policy or not is just hearsay. It was from an article that a columnist wrote and he even acknowledged that he was not totally clear on the facts. And if you read the article, basically all he was saying was that the band's policy was to let the majority of the audience decide whether to stand or sit.

Now as far as missing Felder, I can't say I do either although as TK pointed out, I may feel differently if I had seen a HFO live show. However, now I am more than satisfied with the job that Steuart does. He may not provide the same level of energy or chemistry that Felder did, but that is understandable since he isn't an official band member. In any event, things apparently run much smoother with the band since Felder's departure so if the band doesn't miss him, then neither do I. :wink:

sodascouts
09-08-2012, 10:56 PM
Well, if you find that sit/stand policy insufficiently proven, we can always use Henley's rule that I heard from his own mouth at a concert as he scolded a couple women standing nearing the front: "When we sit down, you sit down!" lol

Topkat
09-09-2012, 09:34 AM
Quote from Dreamer

Now as far as missing Felder, I can't say I do either although as TK pointed out, I may feel differently if I had seen a HFO live show. However, now I am more than satisfied with the job that Steuart does. He may not provide the same level of energy or chemistry that Felder did, but that is understandable since he isn't an official band member. In any event, things apparently run much smoother with the band since Felder's departure so if the band doesn't miss him, then neither do I.

Seems most of you have never seen Felder live, so you can't miss something you've never seen.... That makes perfect sense!!!

I want to just clarify, that when I was in Atlantic City or during the show, I did not think one second about Don Felder. I was totally in the moment of the show. It was only when I got home & was reflecting on the show & compared it to some of the past Eagles shows that I have seen, that it did pop into my head that I kinda missed him. I was never even really a big Felder fan.
I also thought about some of the songs I wished they had played like WITW, Already Gone, & OOTN :rockguitar:

Tiffanny Twisted
09-09-2012, 11:19 AM
:computer:When i saw Don Henley solo in 2007, all that was missing was TBS and GF. I have always counted Scott Crago , Steuart Smith, Will Hollis and Michael tompson as the "eagles touring band'
While these gentelmen are a big part of the Eagles and their sound , they arent DH,GF,JW and TBS. When they fired DOn Felder, I never thought they were looking for someone to repace him. The other gentelman, while part of the band that makes the sound of the eagles, GF and Dh are the orig band members . Thats just my opinion.
For me ,even way back when I started listening to them, It was GF,DH, BL AND RM........not DF until much later and itt was my understanding that he was added cause they wanted to reproduce the sound they achieved on recordings live and BL could only play one insturment at a time live.(Unlike laying a track and recording it and then him playing another insturment and recording that and so on and so forth.)
I never considered DF an original member. He always made me feel like he was impressed with the significance of his own importance.,..again my opinion.

Not only is Stueart Smith a talented muscian, he is a kind man who took the time to talk with me and JAHH after a concert then sign autographs and take pictures. Same for Scott Crago and Will HOllis....talented men who are also kind to fans. They also stopped and chatted and let us take pictures and they signed my cd cover.
ALl of these people are talented in theri own right but they are also a respected part of the band the makes the Eagles.,

Again....just my feelings. I am greatful I have seen them and met them and expierenced their kindness and their talentand I am greatful.

Topkat
09-09-2012, 11:46 AM
I saw Felder once on the HFO tour. I was glad I saw him but I'm afraid I don't miss him. Steuart can't have the same 'chemistry' because he is not an official band member but in my opinion he interacts just as well with Joe during HC as Felder did.

The intro that Felder does on HC on the HFO tour is pretty epic in my opinion. It gave me the chills like no other version of this song ever did.
The song still sounds great, but to me that version just beats all the previous & later versions of the song....That is just my opinion & that is one of the things I missed about him.

Tiffanny Twisted
09-09-2012, 11:54 AM
The intro that Felder does on HC on the HFO tour is pretty epic in my opinion. It gave me the chills like no other version of this song ever did.
The song still sounds great, but to me that version just beats all the previous & later versions of the song....That is just my opinion & that is one of the things I missed about him.
Tk do you mean the version on the hfo dvd??

Lets put it this way...that being one of my favorite eagles songs,....(where do you think Tiffanny Twisted came from???) I dont think I have ever heard a version of this song that I dont like .lolJust takes me back to a good place in my life and Dons chilly vocals and drums well....gets me everytime

Topkat
09-09-2012, 11:56 AM
This is it TT. I lost my HFO DVD, but I think this is it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYf4kqnAWos&feature=player_detailpage

Tiffanny Twisted
09-09-2012, 12:56 PM
TK...
Yes , it is a great version of HC:thumbsup:.

I think they wanted to do something just a little different then the versions of when they did HFO then the norm of what they usually do/did.
I think that this version is a classic version and not one arrangment that I think they have done other than HFO

When we saw GLenn at the Sands, he did another arrangment of "the heat is on" and "smugglers Blues". Fabulous arrangments of these songs. Does it change how I feel about the originals ??? No. Do I wish that GF would record the versions he did live?Yes.
But I do think that Stueart Smith does an outstanding job on Hotel California the 5 times I have sen him to it live. Gives me chills up my spine. But then, this song always does give me chills.

Thanks for sharing...I just wanted to make sure that I was fimiliar with the version you were refering to.
:computer:tt

StephUK
09-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Well, if you find that sit/stand policy insufficiently proven, we can always use Henley's rule that I heard from his own mouth at a concert as he scolded a couple women standing nearing the front: "When we sit down, you sit down!" lol

As I said in a previous post, I heard Don say that too.

It's been said that it's their show & they can do what they like - sorry but I don't entirely agree. It doesn't give Don(or anyone else for that matter) the right to tell the audience whether they can stand or sit. That's too 'Big Brother' for me(and I mean as in the book '1984' not that awful TV show!).
Maybe Don would be happier of the audience didn't turn up at all?

StephUK
09-09-2012, 05:24 PM
:computer:When i saw Don Henley solo in 2007, all that was missing was TBS and GF. I have always counted Scott Crago , Steuart Smith, Will Hollis and Michael tompson as the "eagles touring band'
While these gentelmen are a big part of the Eagles and their sound , they arent DH,GF,JW and TBS. When they fired DOn Felder, I never thought they were looking for someone to repace him. The other gentelman, while part of the band that makes the sound of the eagles, GF and Dh are the orig band members . Thats just my opinion.
For me ,even way back when I started listening to them, It was GF,DH, BL AND RM........not DF until much later and itt was my understanding that he was added cause they wanted to reproduce the sound they achieved on recordings live and BL could only play one insturment at a time live.(Unlike laying a track and recording it and then him playing another insturment and recording that and so on and so forth.)
I never considered DF an original member. He always made me feel like he was impressed with the significance of his own importance.,..again my opinion.

Not only is Stueart Smith a talented muscian, he is a kind man who took the time to talk with me and JAHH after a concert then sign autographs and take pictures. Same for Scott Crago and Will HOllis....talented men who are also kind to fans. They also stopped and chatted and let us take pictures and they signed my cd cover.
ALl of these people are talented in theri own right but they are also a respected part of the band the makes the Eagles.,

Again....just my feelings. I am greatful I have seen them and met them and expierenced their kindness and their talentand I am greatful.

I totally agree TT.
Over the years things have changed and we can't bring back the past.
I would say I miss Randy far more than Don Felder. But I still love the Eagles as they sound today, and I appreciate the contributions of Steuart and all the supporting musicians.

It's also nice when the supporting musicians are friendly to the fans. I'm sure it makes us feel that little bit closer to the Eagles - and lets face it, very few of us are ever likely to get to talk to Glenn, Don, Joe or Timothy.

Topkat
09-09-2012, 06:51 PM
As I said in a previous post, I heard Don say that too.

It's been said that it's their show & they can do what they like - sorry but I don't entirely agree. It doesn't give Don(or anyone else for that matter) the right to tell the audience whether they can stand or sit. That's too 'Big Brother' for me(and I mean as in the book '1984' not that awful TV show!).
Maybe Don would be happier of the audience didn't turn up at all?

Nothing was said about any sit/stand policy in AC by Don or anybody else on Sun night at the show. As far as I know, nothing was said on Sat. night either.
People were standing in my section of the audience & nobody told us to sit down. I would think they would like their fans to enjoy the show & get into it!! It didn't appear to be an issue. I didn't even know anything about it until I saw it on the board here.

Freypower
09-09-2012, 07:08 PM

I hope I don't misunderstand you here but the only time the Spanish version of HC was played was in the HFO video. It was not played on the tour.

Freypower
09-09-2012, 07:09 PM

When you saw Don Henley solo Joe Walsh was missing too.

Tiffanny Twisted
09-09-2012, 07:36 PM
When you saw Don Henley solo Joe Walsh was missing too.
thanks for the correction...how could I forget Joe walsh??

sorry tt

thanks steph:thumbsup:

StephUK
09-09-2012, 08:22 PM
Nothing was said about any sit/stand policy in AC by Don or anybody else on Sun night at the show. As far as I know, nothing was said on Sat. night either.
People were standing in my section of the audience & nobody told us to sit down. I would think they would like their fans to enjoy the show & get into it!! It didn't appear to be an issue. I didn't even know anything about it until I saw it on the board here.

I don't think the sit/stand thing has happened recently. It just got raised because of being similar to the videos/photography issues.

Tiffanny Twisted
09-09-2012, 08:34 PM
I kinda see the flip side for both issues. If you were performing would you want someone to video with probably poor quality and then post it all over the world???
No fo course not, you would want to control it and put out the best quality that you could(everyone wants to look their best) and of course make some money towards your retirment plan too. RIGHT ??????

Sit stand...from what I see that kinda goes a little far....
I have common sense and I wanna use it. Thank you very much not be told what to do like I am a small child without a brain who cant think for herself.

StephUK
09-09-2012, 08:44 PM
I believe the best thing is respect, reasonableness and compromise on both sides(performer and audience) and that very often it's the few that spoil it for the many.

(Spoken like someone born under the sign of the scales - Libra - which I am!:hilarious::hilarious:)

Tiffanny Twisted
09-09-2012, 08:49 PM
I believe the best thing is respect, reasonableness and compromise on both sides(performer and audience) and that very often it's the few that spoil it for the many.

(Spoken like someone born under the sign of the scales - Libra - which I am!:hilarious::hilarious:)
He...I agree and so very well said Steph and by the by I am a taurus which means I am stubborn and hardheaded..lol:hilarious:Just ask JAHH.:hilarious:

09-09-2012, 09:06 PM
Well - I wasn't disputing the incidences, but my point is that we don't have any real knowledge about the band having a so-called 'sit and stand' policy. There were a few isolated situations as have been described here back in 2008, but to my knowledge nothing like this has occurred before or since that time. I think the band may have quickly figured out that it wasn't a very good idea to admonish the audience about this. To me it's much ado about nothing - very much being blown out of proportion. Steph - I do believe that it's the band's show and they can do what they want. However, that doesn't mean it's always a good idea. As I often say - just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. JMHO

Tiffanny Twisted
09-09-2012, 09:09 PM
Well - I wasn't disputing the incidences, but my point is that we don't have any real knowledge about the band having a so-called 'sit and stand' policy. There were a few isolated situations as have been described here back in 2008, but to my knowledge nothing like this has occurred before or since that time. I think the band may have quickly figured out that it wasn't a very good idea to admonish the audience about this. To me it's much ado about nothing - very much being blown out of proportion. Steph - I do believe that it's the band's show and they can do what they want. However, that doesn't mean it's always a good idea. As I often say - just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. JMHO
I love that line" JUst because you can do something doesnt mean you should"....It pertains to a lot of things in life ...well said dreamer.

09-09-2012, 09:32 PM
Me too, TT. I didn't make it up though. I learned it from my wise Mom!

Tiffanny Twisted
09-09-2012, 09:38 PM
Me too, TT. I didn't make it up though. I learned it from my wise Mom!
Yes dreamer , she was a wise woman and i am putting that line in my book......I ahve one where when I hear somethng that helps me I jot it down to reread at another time to help me.
Is it ok with you if I add it??

WalshFan88
09-10-2012, 12:51 AM
My thoughts on the Felder thing is this. I DO miss him in the Eagles. I do think he played a big part in the music and guitar playing of the Eagles. I think he's very underrated as far as guitarists go.

I think Felder and Walsh's chemistry and interaction (during HC or anytime) is far more interesting and strong than Walsh and Smith's. I like Steuart Smith too - I think he's a great guy and master technician and session player, but in a strange way I can feel that he is a "hired hand" (no pun intended! :D). His parts are a bit clinical at times, as if he's going through the motions. Now Walsh NEVER seems that way to me - even now. But Stu seems to lack the emotion that Felder put into it.

As far as HFO's HC - I absolutely hate that version. Sorry TK. :hilarious: It just can't hold up to the original style and version of that song for me anyway. Those electric guitar parts are legendary and IMO it should be played like the original. I'm just not a classical, spanish, flamenco, etc guitar fan. Don (or even Stu) with his Doubleneck and Joe with his Tele (now Music Man) are ingrained in my brain as these two larger than life characters and it just puts me in a special mood whenever I watched old videos of that song. Perhaps it's due to the way Hotel California (the studio track) changed my life, but I really don't like the HFO version. I respect it and I think Don played some good stuff on it, but it isn't my bag.

As far as current Eagles I only have two thoughts. I never got the chance to see the HFO lineup with Felder. I was in my childhood when it was going on, much less an Eagles fan. :D I still go see the band because I do enjoy hearing those songs and I never got a chance to see them with Felder or any of the other former members. I'd give anything to go back in time and see them on the HC tour. I still go see them because they do sound like the recordings, but I just feel that Stu just doesn't have that interaction with Joe as Felder had (a bit too cold or clinical as I said) and I don't think he puts the emotion into it like Felder did. In a way you (me) can just feel that he is a hired hand. I know Joe is a salary guy too but at least his playing there feels right to me and very "Eagles". Stu plays everything exact and very much going through the motions, which is maybe why I notice it. You can still play it note for note like the record and STILL put emotion and some "life" into it - that's what's missing for me. It's like it's just robotic almost. It doesn't have that element that is so hard to describe that Felder had.

That said, I do still go to shows as I said, but I can't lie and say I don't miss Felder. However if the "Gods" (sorry, can't help myself. :D) are happier, then it's probably alright. I will go to a Felder show when he comes to the area, just like I would for the others.

I do prefer Walsh (is it that big of a secret :hilarious:), but Felder is right behind him. And as far as comparing, I don't do that because IMO they are two different players that mesh together like bread and butter. Felder brings the more technical schooled approach and really scale based. Walsh is a very emotion and old school blues based player that is more fly-by-the-seat-of-the-pants and more into the rhythmic side and grooving. Basically it's like Joe Perry and Brad Whitford of Aerosmith. Two great but very different players that mesh well together. Perry being more like Joe's style, Whitford more like Felder's. A better comparison IMO would be two players in the same style (schooled/unschooled - theory based/raw) ala Felder vs Schmit rather than Felder vs Walsh. A schooled technician and a raw bluesy guitarist always go well together and many rock bands had that dynamic.

zeldabjr
09-10-2012, 01:15 AM
A better comparison IMO would be two players in the same style (schooled/unschooled - theory based/raw) ala Felder vs Schmit rather than Felder vs Walsh. A schooled technician and a raw bluesy guitarist always go well together and many rock bands had that dynamic.

I was with you until this part Austin, then you lost me...but then I'm very guitar impaired!:laugh:

WalshFan88
09-10-2012, 01:27 AM
I was with you until this part Austin, then you lost me...but then I'm very guitar impaired!:laugh:

It's just a difference in playing style. Some guitarists are "schooled" players that are more 'by the book' or very much in the theory and read music, take lessons, go to a music school, or just selftaught themselves a lot of theory and technical scales and lots of different things like that.

The kind of playing I like and prefer is a more selftaught blues scale and more of a raw and emotion filled player and not so much "well technically I was playing in an A major scale so I'm technically supposed to do this". It's just more of a raw bluesy playing style.

Some examples of both. Raw players and selftaught or more blues based players I think of would be Joe Walsh, Joe Perry, Keith Richards, Jimmy Page, Slash, Angus Young, Chuck Berry, Eric Clapton, Mick Taylor, BB King, Rick Nielsen, Billy Gibbons, etc. Some of them are really raw or loose bluesy players to where most technically proficient guitarist would call it "Choppy" or sloppy, meaning it's not technically perfect or it's more about the groove rather than being perfect on beat and very metronomed. I prefer sloppy actually.

More technical players would be Brad Whitford, Don Felder, Izzy Stradlin, Paul Gilbert, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Paul Gilbert, Yngwie Malmsteen, Phil Collen, Eddie Van Halen, Allan Holdsworth, Al DiMeola, Steve Lukather, John Petrucci, Larry Carlton, Les Paul, Alex Lifeson, David Gilmour, etc. Pretty much any jazz, classical, or fusion player is technically proficient or a "technician". Most funk players as well. It's the blues and rock players that you have a mix.

There are some players that sit on the fence between raw and bluesy and theory-nut and technical. Don Felder is kind of that way. He can be very raw but he's more technically proficient than Joe is. I prefer raw and sloppy to technically perfect. Don is in between so I like him too. :D

But in a band with both kinds of guitar players, I always gravitate to the raw selftaught bluesy guy. It's not that I couldn't be a technical based guitarist if I wanted to, I could, I just prefer a more bluesy emotion raw and sloppy player.

zeldabjr
09-10-2012, 01:33 AM
I get it...thanks

Topkat
09-10-2012, 07:55 AM
WalshFan, I totally get what you are saying, but what makes a band great is having two different types of guitar players in the band & the way they work together is what makes the band sound great.

I was not comparing Walsh & Felder in any way, but was talking about the combination of their talents & playing off each other & the chemistry that Walsh had with Felder & does not have with Smith. BYW, I do believe that whichever style Felder plays in, that he is also "self taught". I don't see Walsh as a blues based player or "fly by the seat of his pants" because every note is planned & done exactly the same way at each show, so there's no improvising involved. I think his slide playing is what makes him spectacular, but I am not a guitar player or any kind of expert in this area. I also agree that Stu is very mechanical & lacks emotion. I do not see any chemistry between Walsh & Smith.

All that aside, what upsets me on this board is that some people do not even acknowledge the talent of Don Felder & only consider the personal relationship he has or had with other band members. I feel many hold that against him, & therefore not giving him any credit for his contribution to the band or how he played with them for many years.

As for you not liking the HFO version of HC, that is your opinion, and you are entitled to it, but I think many do love this version. I like seeing Henley up front on this song & not behind the drums & I love the Spanish intro and the acoustic guitars..The Eagles obviously liked it enough to put it on the DVD.

I realize you are not old enough to have seen Felder with the Eagles, but I know you can appreciate him from the videos out there, & as a guitar player yourself, can recognize his talent. :) I do thank you for that. When I was saying that I did miss Felder at the show Sun night, it was in retrospect of the show as to previous shows I had seen. It was more an afterthought of how it compared to other shows I had seen in the past.

WalshFan88
09-10-2012, 08:23 AM
I was not comparing Walsh & Felder in any way, but was talking about the combination of their talents & playing off each other & the chemistry that Walsh had with Felder & does not have with Smith. BYW, I do believe that whichever style Felder plays in, that he is also "self taught". I don't see Walsh as a blues based player or "fly by the seat of his pants" because every note is planned & done exactly the same way at each show, so there's no improvising involved. I think his slide playing is what makes him spectacular, but I am not a guitar player or any kind of expert in this area. I also agree that Stu is very mechanical & lacks emotion. I do not see any chemistry between Walsh & Smith.

Walsh is just more of a "raw" player. Definitely more bluesy than Felder. Of course he plays it note for note as that is what the Eagles do but when he improvises or makes guitar parts, they aren't in the technical sense of shred or real scaly playing. They are very tasty blues based solos that fit the song. And when he does play note for note, he still puts a lot of emotion into it and not just a mechanical technician.

Yes Felder is selftaught and as I said - you can be selftaught and still be a theory technical player and really schooled or you can play in the old school blues style of improvising in the "blues scale" and pentatonic scale and that's what Joe does. It's more raw and less mechanical. Most technician type guitar players do nothing for me because it's emotionless to me. Felder is more "schooled" and technical than Joe, but at least he puts some emotion in it.

TimothyBFan
09-10-2012, 08:55 AM
I think Felder and Walsh's chemistry and interaction (during HC or anytime) is far more interesting and strong than Walsh and Smith's. I like Steuart Smith too - I think he's a great guy and master technician and session player, but in a strange way I can feel that he is a "hired hand" (no pun intended! :D). His parts are a bit clinical at times, as if he's going through the motions. Now Walsh NEVER seems that way to me - even now. But Stu seems to lack the emotion that Felder put into it.

But don't you think that's just part of the "job description" for Stu? Felder was an Eagle and therefore, entitled to a little more creative freedom where Stu knows he's just a "hired hand" and has to play that roll? Just my thought and maybe I'm reading far to much into this. :hilarious:

All that aside, what upsets me on this board is that some people do not even acknowledge the talent of Don Felder & only consider the personal relationship he has or had with other band members. I feel many hold that against him, & therefore not giving him any credit for his contribution to the band or how he played with them for many years.

Sorry you feel that way but as you often say, we are all entitled to our opinion on this board. That being said, I really loved the Eagles without him, loved the Eagles with him and now love the Eagles without him again. And to be honest, I probably wouldn't of even thought much about the dynamics of the Felder/Eagles relationships had he not so publicly put it out there for everyone to see and read about. I don't feel he helped his cause by doing that in the least. I really don't think anyone here on this board has diminished his talent in the least. His talent and what kind of person he is are completely separate and I believe we can enjoy his talent without actually liking him as a person. JMO!

I think we've raised an interesting topic about the versions of HC--- I think it would be interesting to see how many of us appreciate which version of the song the best. Maybe a poll?

Sorry I brought up the standing policy that took off like crazy--was just pointing out that nothing surprises me much any more and also now the HC/Felder conversation seems to have hijacked this thread. Oops!!!

VAisForEagleLovers
09-10-2012, 10:27 AM
TK, you bring up a good point about Felder's talent. I have spent some board space saying what I think about his book and his opinions and not enough space talking about his talent which is phenomenal. He's an extremely talented guitar player, and I had every intention of going to his show nearby (Annapolis, MD) until I realized it was the same time as a Steelers/Ravens game. I know this is heresy on this board, but I wouldn't even go to an Eagles concert if it was the same time as a Steelers/Ravens game. Even if half the team forgets to show up like they did last night (the defense was noticeably absent).

This thread has taken some wild turns. As moderator I should probably do something about that. However unless we want the discussion to focus on tour-related Felder vs. no Felder, HC vs. HFO HC, then it needs to be moved to the Eagles thread.

sodascouts
09-10-2012, 10:45 AM
I've tried to figure out how to split this thread up to keep it on topic, but everything is so intertwined it's difficult. I thought maybe providing links would help people discuss things in different threads but that strategy was a resounding failure, lol.

Topkat
09-10-2012, 10:54 AM
This thread has taken some wild turns. As moderator I should probably do something about that. However unless we want the discussion to focus on tour-related Felder vs. no Felder, HC vs. HFO HC, then it needs to be moved to the Eagles thread.

VA, Soda, I was really only saying that I kinda missed Felder at the show Sun night, but the replacement of Felder with Stu Smith is part of that. So far, I don't think it's outta control.

On the other hand, the Sit/Stand policy thing got way outta control, so a new thread was made for that.
If you want to open a thread for the HC thing, that's another story. Up to you!

VAisForEagleLovers
09-10-2012, 11:01 AM
Look at the bright side, Soda, almost half the posts here actually reference the 9/02 concert!

I currently have the ending to Dirty Laundry, the Eagles live version, running through my head. I guess because the song has an undercurrent of anger in it and it's a Monday morning. After a Steelers loss. So I'm in a mood, and this piece of music fits it perfectly while actually cheering me up some. It has occurred to me that Dirty Laundry is the one song during the concert where all four of them plus Steuart stand in one place and rock it out together. If you ever want a picture of all of them, the end of this song is the time to do it. Just remembering it makes me smile.

Tiffanny Twisted
09-10-2012, 08:18 PM
me too...not much those guys do dont make me smile.

Hey didnt you guys catch the "fist bump" between Walsh and Smith??
I think they have chemistry together and they all make me smile when they ae all up there playing their hearts out..SS included.

Boy withdraw sucks,,,,,no concerts on the horizon for us:worried::worried::worried:

VAisForEagleLovers
09-10-2012, 08:26 PM

I think they have chemistry together and they all make me smile when they ae all up there playing their hearts out..SS included.

Boy withdraw sucks,,,,,no concerts on the horizon for us:worried::worried::worried:

I'm going to see Glenn in Clearwater in Nov...really looking forward to that! And at some point, Don has GOT to release his new album and tour with it, right?

Tiffanny Twisted
09-10-2012, 08:37 PM
VA your lips to DH"s ears.....
Havent we been waiting for that one since"hell froze over?""

I know fans are eager for Eagles stuff but as GF said in an interview something about them both having kids later in life so now they wanna spend time with their families...I get it but I love the feeling of anticipation but hate this withdraw feeling.

due to health issues, it isnt as easy for me to travel great distances or fly either. So my choices are fewer than most.

I cant wait to hear all about the fla show.
Who else is going Va?

Topkat
09-10-2012, 08:56 PM
They are still playing in Vegas in Nov....So there is still one more chance to see them before the long awaited 40th Anniversary Tour, which we have no idea when is going to happen!! Yes, withdrawal is a bitch!:yuck:

zeldabjr
09-10-2012, 09:01 PM

they really do play their hearts out for us don't they?...I am still smiling from it all...even though I am having withdrawl...love them to pieces!!!:heart:

Topkat
09-10-2012, 10:45 PM
NEWS FLASH,,,,,Someone just fell 4 stories off the escalator at the REVEL HOTEL!!!!This was just announced on a special news announcement, Holy crap, good thing we are all outta there!! Details at 11pm
Those escalators were a little creepy.

sodascouts
09-10-2012, 11:06 PM
The guy jumped on the escalator's handrail to show off how good his balance was. Of course he fell. What an idiot.

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/communities/atlantic-city_pleasantville_brigantine/pennsylvania-man-injured-after-falling-from-escalator-early-monday-at/article_70780c70-fb34-11e1-a887-001a4bcf887a.html

Topkat
09-10-2012, 11:20 PM
Yes, that guy is nuts to do that. They just said he is in critical condition. Poor jerk.

I did see a lot of people struggling with luggage on those escalators. Things were getting caught & people were stopping in the middle when others were trying to get off. It was a little crazy when I was leaving the hotel.

zeldabjr
09-10-2012, 11:40 PM
the guy had to be drunk to pull a bonehead stunt like that...saying a prayer for him

Tiffanny Twisted
09-11-2012, 06:33 AM
i like the comment he should have to pay revel for his stupidy not sue them.

I HAVE
a thing with heights and that escalator is so so steep......thats bad enough but the stupid people like this man are what makes it even scarery for me.....he could hurt others ... not just himself:computer:.

Topkat
09-11-2012, 07:49 AM
Yes, you're right TT. Idiots don't realize that they put others in danger with their reckless actions. I hope nobody else was injured by this stupid guy.

sodascouts
09-11-2012, 12:36 PM
Well, I guess he's paying for his lack of sense in spades. I feel sorry for him because he's so injured and I don't wish that on anybody, but maybe other people will learn not to act the fool like that.

I'm not sure how the Revel will do in Atlantic City with its innovative decor, but getting acts like the Eagles certainly won't hurt. The show was sold out and there were a lot of people going through that casino to get to the venue.

Topkat
09-11-2012, 01:16 PM
Once people get in there, they will sure have a time finding their way out. That was the most confusing hotel layout I have ever seen!! Too bad we didn't see the guys roaming around there trying to find things. I wonder if they were as confused as I was! :)

Henley Honey
09-11-2012, 02:03 PM
Poor VA is petrified of heights. As we went up the escalator to get into the venue she was flipping out! It is a beautiful hotel, but next time I'll stick with the elevator or stairs if I'm with VA. I still have black and blue marks on my arm from her death grip!!!

Tiffanny Twisted
09-11-2012, 05:54 PM
Poor VA is petrified of heights. As we went up the escalator to get into the venue she was flipping out! It is a beautiful hotel, but next time I'll stick with the elevator or stairs if I'm with VA. I still have black and blue marks on my arm from her death grip!!!

Oh HH so I wasn't the only one ...Soda was behind me and I had my eyes screwed shut...its too steep an incline and it is all open.. THe first time we went there I really wanted to check out the casino. We got to the bottom of the escalator and JAhh got on but my feet stayed glued to the floor..I couldnt move...He turned around and looked at me and said" what gives"..I just kept shaking my head NO. I hear there is an elevator in the garage,where ever that is..confusing casino.

VAisForEagleLovers
09-11-2012, 06:17 PM

Oddly enough, I don't remember gripping you so hard. I guess next time I'll have to grip harder so I remember it!! :grin: But yes, just thinking of those escalators now still has me shaking a bit. The weak-kneed reaction from seeing a certainly blue-eyed guitar player is far, far preferable to the 'I'm going to pass out' reaction of those escalators.

Just wait until Dreamer gets to experience being around me on the escalators in the B terminal at Dulles in November.

I still can't believe there's enough alcohol in the world for anyone to think they can ride the handrail. I hope the poor guy pulls through this OK.

Tiffanny Twisted
09-11-2012, 06:29 PM
VA...
so people think they are superman...going home I was shaking so bad. I hate that escalator......Theres nothing around it just open space and you are so high up..Oh ,I am getting sick to my stomach just thinking about it.

glad I am not the only crazy one.lol...great mines think alike or fools seldom differ,,thats you and me.....:hilarious:

Henley Honey
09-11-2012, 07:10 PM
[quote=VAisForEagleLovers;192761]Oddly enough, I don't remember gripping you so hard.quote]

I'm sure you remember me telling you to "Man Up, Mary" as you were crushing my arm. That was my "mother Teresa" instinct kicking in -- or was it self-preservation instinct?

Witchy Woman
09-11-2012, 07:17 PM
I had the easiest time getting there. Parked on the 6th floor of the parking garage. Walked in the casino, made a left, walked maybe 250 feet and there was Ovation Hall. I would have liked to explore the casino more, but I was worn out from bopping around and singing at the concert. I have zero interest in gambling anyway.

VAisForEagleLovers
09-11-2012, 07:17 PM
[quote=VAisForEagleLovers;192761]Oddly enough, I don't remember gripping you so hard.quote]

I'm sure you remember me telling you to "Man Up, Mary" as you were crushing my arm. That was my "mother Teresa" instinct kicking in -- or was it self-preservation instinct?

I do remember "Man up, Mary." Believe me, showing me any sympathy would have had me reduced to a mass of shaking incoherent-ness. You did the right thing.

Henley Honey
09-11-2012, 07:20 PM
[quote=Henley Honey;192772]

I do remember "Man up, Mary." Believe me, showing me any sympathy would have had me reduced to a mass of shaking incoherent-ness. You did the right thing.

That was my plan all along -- it was so totally not me just being a selfish beeotch! :angel:

Tiffanny Twisted
09-11-2012, 07:33 PM
Hey can I use that "Man up ,Mary quote " at work???Can I pleaseeeeee

VAisForEagleLovers
09-11-2012, 07:39 PM
I had the easiest time getting there. Parked on the 6th floor of the parking garage. Walked in the casino, made a left, walked maybe 250 feet and there was Ovation Hall. I would have liked to explore the casino more, but I was worn out from bopping around and singing at the concert. I have zero interest in gambling anyway.

We stayed there and used valet parking. So we walked in at nearly ground level and saw a nice lobby and looked for a place to check in. No, can't do that there. Need to go up four flights but there's nothing telling you that. I looked at the escalators and was grateful when Soda went to the elevators. Then you have to walk for what felt like forever to get to where you check in. Then we had to ask where the elevators to the rooms were. It was all very confusing but we eventually found our way around.

Tiffanny Twisted
09-11-2012, 07:43 PM
Yes , confusing place....maybe thats why they already sent my bff a comp.lol:hilarious:

hey, I was thinking(as Jahh says to me .."we're in trouble now".)

Wonder what kinda expierence "The boys got when they arrived at the Revel"
Was it to that massive escalator...was in an underground secret entrance in the garage just for celeberitys or was it an employee entrance.?? Wonder if they were as confussed as we all were making our way around that beautiful place?? lol Just a thought:hilarious:

09-11-2012, 08:45 PM
Just wait until Dreamer gets to experience being around me on the escalators in the B terminal at Dulles in November.

Oh crap - I guess I'll need to wear arm pads. But, I'm like HH - I've got your back, VA. I'll try not to be a selfish beeotch. :thumbsup:

Topkat
09-11-2012, 11:55 PM
I am usually ok with escalators, but those were a very open & very high.That guy had to be out of his mind to get on that handrail.

I must have asked directions 5 times before I found where I was going. The hotel is like an odd shape & there just seemed to be curved walls everywhere & several floors. When you all left after breakfast I had to wait around until 6pm for my bus, but luckily I won some money in the casino. I didn't play for long because I figured I would just end up giving it all back!

WalshFan88
09-12-2012, 04:57 AM
I never take escalators. Used to love them as a kid but now with size 20 shoes and being a LOT taller and bigger it makes me very nervous as half my foot is hanging over the step on the escalator and I feel off balance. Always elevators for me... It took me awhile to try a moving walkway but once I realized it was flat and my feet had plenty of room I was ok with them and it sure beats walking. :hilarious:

mustangkim11
09-12-2012, 07:21 PM
Here's the Life's Been Good Video!
So happy I found this site 1 year ago today & had so much fun meeting you all in Atlantic City! I only got to see 1 show, but I had the best time. Sharing the concert with my Eagle fanatic friends was fantastic.!!
Welcome to the board Darwene!
Here's Joe coming to our side of the stage!

http://youtu.be/mD8OYVXbW30

Awesome! Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup::nahnah:

Tiffanny Twisted
09-13-2012, 09:40 PM
I know the quality is poor but I love it:drool:

zeldabjr
09-14-2012, 12:16 AM
I am grinning ear to ear watching that!!!:band::grin:

Topkat
09-14-2012, 08:33 AM
When I was at the show, I was not paying much attention to the jumbo video screen behind them. I was just watching them. I'm glad I got to see what they were showing on the screen.

I guess I can see why they object to the live videos, because of the quality. When they do the professional video, they remove most of the background noise which is magnified in these vids, but you can tell the audience was really into it.
Overall, for an audience video, it's not bad!!!

zeldabjr
09-14-2012, 12:50 PM
I know the quality is poor but I love it:drool:

I don't really pay much attention to the quality when I watch a video like this...I don't watch it for quality, I watch it for the memory and the emotion it brings to me...It takes me back to how I felt being there...if I want quality I'll watch HFO or Farewell I.

Tiffanny Twisted
09-14-2012, 07:21 PM
I don't really pay much attention to the quality when I watch a video like this...I don't watch it for quality, I watch it for the memory and the emotion it brings to me...It takes me back to how I felt being there...if I want quality I'll watch HFO or Farewell I.
Yes, Zelda I totally agree with you.
When I watched it I too was grining from ear to ear and having wonderful memories of our time in AC even though it wasnt the same night.

I loved the Check Berry walk with TBS.
I just loved the whole thing:partytime:

Topkat
09-14-2012, 07:30 PM
Yes, Zelda I totally agree with you.
When I watched it I too was grining from ear to ear and having wonderful memories of our time in AC even though it wasnt the same night.

I loved the Check Berry walk with TBS.
I just loved the whole thing:partytime:

Me too, TT & Zelda. It's hard to remember the performance & to see the video does take you back. Everyone knows it was better live, but who cares!!
Like I said, I was not watching that large video screen behind them because they were right in front of me, so why watch that, so it was nice to see what was playing up there! Cute old pictures of all of them!:thumbsup:

Tiffanny Twisted
09-14-2012, 07:37 PM
Me too, TT & Zelda. It's hard to remember the performance & to see the video does take you back. Everyone knows it was better live, but who cares!!
Like I said, I was not watching that large video screen behind them because they were right in front of me, so why watch that, so it was nice to see what was playing up there! Cute old pictures of all of them!:thumbsup:
Oh...you never saw the old pictures before???

I have when we saw themin o8 at the Borgata.

I just like to watch and enjoy that I ws there in that venue.
WHen JAhh and I saw HAll and oates for the first time together(I had seen them before) they did something calle "Shows to go"
They recorded the concert uncut how it happened and they were selling their own cds of the show you had just listend to .
You had to buy it before you went into the venue and then you showed you reciept and got your cd when you left.It was only 20.oo and well worth it.
Clever Idea selling your own boot leg cds at your concerts. lol

Topkat
09-14-2012, 08:15 PM
Oh...you never saw the old pictures before???

I have when we saw themin o8 at the Borgata.

I just like to watch and enjoy that I ws there in that venue.
WHen JAhh and I saw HAll and oates for the first time together(I had seen them before) they did something calle "Shows to go"
They recorded the concert uncut how it happened and they were selling their own cds of the show you had just listend to .
You had to buy it before you went into the venue and then you showed you reciept and got your cd when you left.It was only 20.oo and well worth it.

Yes, I have seen the pictures before, but I just wan't paying any attention to it that night!

TT, What H&O did is brilliant! What a great idea! Darryl Hall is a doll. I had seen them about 88 or 89' He has a website called "Live at Darryl's House". I posted about it in the music thread. He invites a special guest over & they jam. Go check it out.

I wish the Eagles did that with the shows! That would be great. I love the idea of walking out with the show on a cd!!! LOVE THAT IDEA!!!!:thumbsup:
Instant gratification!

zeldabjr
09-14-2012, 08:41 PM
[quote=Tiffanny Twisted;193156
Yes, I have seen the pictures before, but I just wan't paying any attention to it that night!

TT, What H&O did is brilliant! What a great idea! Darryl Hall is a doll. I had seen them about 88 or 89' He has a website called "Live at Darryl's House". I posted about it in the music thread. He invites a special guest over & they jam. Go check it out.

I wish the Eagles did that with the shows! That would be great. I love the idea of walking out with the show on a cd!!! LOVE THAT IDEA!!!!:thumbsup:
Instant gratification!

genius idea...and who wouldn't love instant gratification of the Eagles kind?...although these boys don't have the word "instant" in their vocabulary!

09-14-2012, 09:17 PM
What Hall & Oates are doing is a good idea. But, of course, I don't ever see the Eagles doing that for many of the same reasons they don't want their shows videotaped and posted on YouTube. Don and Glenn are both perfectionist and I don't think they would ever be comfortable releasing anything by the Eagles that isn't near perfect. Whether you agree with their cautious approach or not, there is no denying that it has served the band well over the last 40 years. This band has never been accused of spontaneity, but you can't argue with their success, which makes it even less likely that they would be willing to change their formula at this point.

sodascouts
09-15-2012, 01:39 AM
I don't know - I actually think that band has shown a willingness to shake up the formula a bit. Otherwise, we wouldn't have gotten Long Road Out of Eden or heard so many of its songs live.

Topkat
09-15-2012, 08:31 AM
I don't know - I actually think that band has shown a willingness to shake up the formula a bit. Otherwise, we wouldn't have gotten Long Road Out of Eden or heard so many of its songs live.

Well, we heard LROOE on the tour that promoted the album. After that, most of the songs have disappeared from the live shows. I think that's a shame too because it's a great album.

I don't think the Eagles like change. They like to keep it old school. I know that they would never do a live cd on the spot like H&O did, but H&O must be confident that the show is good enough to record, & distribute & they are much more open to the new technology than the Eagles. Even though The Eagles shows are good enough to record live as well, they would just never do it.
Just think it's a really cool idea though.

Tiffanny Twisted
09-15-2012, 10:13 AM
:drummer:Ok, I know the Eagles are perfectionist and I believe Daryl to be that way too.It kinda was a way for them to do their "own bootleg" recordings.
Were they perfect? No. But they were a lot of fun to listen too cause I was there.(They dont do it any more)
I think Daryl is to busy with LFDH and JOhn is busy with his own solo career very different from what they do together as H and O. My feeling is they come together now at the holidays to make a qucik$$$$$ cause they can do it when they are together,but after seeing them at the holidays two years ago when they only did 7 songs...well I wont be using concert fund money for them again .But thats anther group and not our boys so to be back on point.

I loved seeing the eagles in AC I have loved seeing them everytime I have been blessed enough to be able to go. Did I enjoy the LROOE tour?Yep. Did I enjoy the songs on that cd? Yep. But you gotta realize that 40 years of songs they arent gonna make everyone happy when they do a show cause they are gonna leave "someone"s favorite "out since there are just too many to choose from.

That all being said. Quality of what was shot at revel , not great but I love to watch it cause it brings back memories of the show I went to there at that casino. Since they have their own sound guys on the board and lighting guys...why couldnt they do a recording of the show and sell it...make their own bootleg cds? (More revenue for the retirment fund !!!!) Heck...I'd buy it at almost any cost just too have it.lol:heart:

I think as eagles super fans that we are here on the border, we are all looking for anything we can get our hands on of our guys,even if the quality isnt up to what they or we expect. Have I come to expect perfection ? Yep but the older I get , perfection isnt all its cracked up to be. JAhh and I saw Clapton and Winwood together at the Wacova and Clapton(another mr. perfection genius), eric messed up on" Forever man". They were susposta take turns singing verses and Eric was so use to doing it on his own he sang right on top of Steve...it was hysterical cause he realized his mistake and cracked up. Was it perfect song? No. Just a Perfect memory in my brain. I always say...the only perfect people are in the cemetary cause they are dead, they dont make any mistakes.
I know our boys (DH especially) looks for perfection..think It comes from being an only child, but sometimes the "oops" of our lives make the best memories.
;-)JMO

TT

Topkat
09-15-2012, 10:35 AM
:drummer:Ok, I know the Eagles are perfectionist and I believe Daryl to be that way too.It kinda was a way for them to do their "own bootleg" recordings.
Were they perfect? No. But they were a lot of fun to listen too cause I was there.(They dont do it any more)
I think Daryl is to busy with LFDH and JOhn is busy with his own solo career very different from what they do together as H and O. My feeling is they come together now at the holidays to make a qucik$$$$$ cause they can do it when they are together,but after seeing them at the holidays two years ago when they only did 7 songs...well I wont be using concert fund money for them again .But thats anther group and not our boys so to be back on point.

I loved seeing the eagles in AC I have loved seeing them everytime I have been blessed enough to be able to go. Did I enjoy the LROOE tour?Yep. Did I enjoy the songs on that cd? Yep. But you gotta realize that 40 years of songs they arent gonna make everyone happy when they do a show cause they are gonna leave "someone"s favorite "out since there are just too many to choose from.

That all being said. Quality of what was shot at revel , not great but I love to watch it cause it brings back memories of the show I went to there at that casino. Since they have their own sound guys on the board and lighting guys...why couldnt they do a recording of the show and sell it...make their own bootleg cds? (More revenue for the retirment fund !!!!) Heck...I'd buy it at almost any cost just too have it.lol:heart:

I think as eagles super fans that we are here on the border, we are all looking for anything we can get our hands on of our guys,even if the quality isnt up to what they or we expect. Have I come to expect perfection ? Yep but the older I get , perfection isnt all its cracked up to be. JAhh and I saw Clapton and Winwood together at the Wacova and Clapton(another mr. perfection genius), eric messed up on" Forever man". They were susposta take turns singing verses and Eric was so use to doing it on his own he sang right on top of Steve...it was hysterical cause he realized his mistake and cracked up. Was it perfect song? No. Just a Perfect memory in my brain. I always say...the only perfect people are in the cemetary cause they are dead, they dont make any mistakes.
I know our boys (DH especially) looks for perfection..think It comes from being an only child, but sometimes the "oops" of our lives make the best memories.
;-)JMO

TT
TT, I agree with almost everything you said here. The on the spot cd is like a "bootleg" but they have a professional sound guy there, so it would be much better quality than some fan in the audience without good equipment recording the show, so it does give them some control over the recording & plus they make the money from it. So it's a WIN WIN situation!

I too love the mistakes. They are human & whatever happens on stage is the moment & it's the memory of that particular show!!! Everything doesn't always go perfectly, & that's OK. That doesn't bother me, & besides the Eagles rarely if ever make mistakes anyway. I think the audience recordings are not great quality & you hear a lot of the background noise, which is a bit distracting, but this is all we can get. They had a professional videographer at the show recording, so we'll see if any of this shows up on the 40th Anniversary DVD!

Only thing I disagree on is that LROOE is part of the 40 years & to put only 1 song from a double album is just not enough for me, but that's my opinion. I hope they add more for the 40th Anniversary tour! We'll see :hmm:

VAisForEagleLovers
09-15-2012, 11:05 AM
The quality with the H&O CD that I'd worry about would be how long it would last. To make them that quickly and distribute them means to me they'd be the type (almost like homemade CDs) to stop working especially when played in a hot car stereo system. I would definitely make a copy and then never play the original, so I could make another copy when it gives out! I can't imagine the logistics of making that many CDs so quickly!

I like Dreamer's understatement of the year, that our guys have never been accused of spontaneity. Like she said, it's a formula that has always worked for them, so why change it at this late date. While I agree with Soda's comment about shaking up the formula bit with LROOE, it was a very slow and well thought out shake. Nothing that takes a decade to do can be called spontaneous! But hey, it works for them!

Tiffanny Twisted
09-15-2012, 11:17 AM
The quality with the H&O CD that I'd worry about would be how long it would last. To make them that quickly and distribute them means to me they'd be the type (almost like homemade CDs) to stop working especially when played in a hot car stereo system. I would definitely make a copy and then never play the original, so I could make another copy when it gives out! I can't imagine the logistics of making that many CDs so quickly!

I like Dreamer's understatement of the year, that our guys have never been accused of spontaneity. Like she said, it's a formula that has always worked for them, so why change it at this late date. While I agree with Soda's comment about shaking up the formula bit with LROOE, it was a very slow and well thought out shake. Nothing that takes a decade to do can be called spontaneous! But hey, it works for them!

Yep Va I agree.
The thing with H and O was called "shows to go". It is done by a professional company and you have to waittill a half hour or more to pick up your cd of the show. I did make copies of mine and dont play my original cause if something did happen to it I would be upset. Besides, JAhh and I are little different in how we handle our cds ets.
Before they used "show to go" they used another company cause when they clearenced out the stook from 2005 the cds were 5.00 each and I bought a whole bunc h on line cause they were all different. (some even have todd rudgren on them playing guitar and the shows done it in Philly have some Philly old songs that other parts of the country might not like.)Anyway, they didnt do it..it was a professional company . Kitchy idea.
Yes Our Boys are profectionist, and as its been said, Why fix whats not broken and has worked so well for them.lol SOme people are hard and resistant to change...look at our own Analog man JW.

There is always two sides to a coin and two or more ways to do things so, I will continue to enjoy my watching of the quailty stuff and the non quality stuff wneh I want a smile on my face and a jog to my failing memory of the happy live shows I have seen.

:rockon:tt

Ps. LROOE is part of their 40 year history yes. They felt they should do the one song people would most connect with I guess when you are in a time constraint for doing a live show. I have said it before..we all have our favs and they wont always do everyones. I gotta say JMO, witchy woman....not my fav and I have only seen it doen two times live once with DH solo and the last time in Ac on 9-01. SO I think they do mix it up. Having seen the eagles live 4 times I think I have only seen them do that song once. But I dont care....I just love to listen and watch them perform no matter what they do .

VAisForEagleLovers
09-15-2012, 11:44 AM
I want to mention a post or two that were mentioned way back near the beginning of the many replies that have been made to this thread. While it's already been said, having just read the 'Eagles songs of the moment' thread I feel I need to mention it again.

Don did an absolutely incredible job with Desperado. He always does a great job, but the one on 9/02 was simply amazing. I don't think it's a big secret that I don't care for this song and never have, and hearing Glenn sing it live almost made me reconsider that. Glenn does a great job with it, and better than what I heard from Don in previous concerts. But at this concert, Don literally blew my socks off and made my eyes tear up. I've had the vision and sound of him singing it in my head for days now. :applause: Bravo, Don! :applause:

Tiffanny Twisted
09-15-2012, 11:59 AM
I think that that is great.
Thats the way things should be.
I feel the same about SMugglers blues (JAhh likes I could take or leave) but I LOVED the version they did at the Sands in the After hours tour...wish he would record it.
I do love the heat is on ..one of my favs ...just wanna dance...But I did love the version done at the Sands...slowed down.

SO I think it has to do with making a memory in your brain when you see it live and sometimes......things just pull our heart strings more than others.

You are making me :jealous:.....wish I had been there on the second to see it too.

tt

Topkat
09-15-2012, 12:00 PM
I want to mention a post or two that were mentioned way back near the beginning of the many replies that have been made to this thread. While it's already been said, having just read the 'Eagles songs of the moment' thread I feel I need to mention it again.

Don did an absolutely incredible job with Desperado. He always does a great job, but the one on 9/02 was simply amazing. I don't think it's a big secret that I don't care for this song and never have, and hearing Glenn sing it live almost made me reconsider that. Glenn does a great job with it, and better than what I heard from Don in previous concerts. But at this concert, Don literally blew my socks off and made my eyes tear up. I've had the vision and sound of him singing it in my head for days now. :applause: Bravo, Don! :applause:

Me too VA. Desperado is not one of my favorite songs, as I may have mentioned before, but that night he had me tearing up too. It was heartfelt & emotional that night. LOveD IT:weep:

09-15-2012, 12:47 PM
Well - don't get me wrong, ladies. If the band wants to shake things up a bit, I'm all for it. I'm just not gonna count on it, and I still love 'em just the way they are. :wink:

And VA, I loved what you wrote about how you were touched by Desperado at the Sunday night show. This is exactly the kind of thing that is so special about seeing a live performance - as we've said before, each one has it's special little nuances that sets it apart from the others. As for me, I always get emotional when I hear Desperado simply because I know it's the end of the show. Honestly, I don't know if I even listened to it very closely that night because my mind was filled with thoughts of the show being over. :weep:

VAisForEagleLovers
09-15-2012, 12:50 PM
Well - don't get me wrong, ladies. If the band wants to shake things up a bit, I'm all for it. I'm just not gonna count on it, and I still love 'em just the way they are. :wink:

And VA, I loved what you wrote about how you were touched by Desperado at the Sunday night show. This is exactly the kind of thing that is so special about seeing a live performance - as we've said before, each one has it's special little nuances that sets it apart from the others. As for me, I always get emotional when I hear Desperado simply because I know it's the end of the show. Honestly, I don't know if I even listened to it very closely that night because my mind was filled with thoughts of the show being over. :weep:

I'm usually thinking the same thing when Desperado is played. I've been in and near the front every time I've heard him sing it, so I know it wasn't just that. But I started out thinking about the show being over, but he captured my attention about half way through the first verse and by the end I was too stunned to give him the applause due for a performance that good.

zeldabjr
09-17-2012, 07:22 PM
I don't like hearing that song anymore because I think "omg it's over and I'm never gonna see them again":-(

Tiffanny Twisted
09-17-2012, 07:27 PM
I don't like hearing that song anymore because I think "omg it's over and I'm never gonna see them again":-(

Yeas, Zelda...I agree with you.
I have come to hate to hear that song cuase I know it means the end of the concert.

I never really truly had that song on the top ten list of favorites.....till I heard it done live by Mr. Henley at his solo concert. I appreciate it more but I hate to hear it played...its like last dance by Donna summer ...you know that the party is over...