PDA

View Full Version : The Artist You Would Bring Back From The Dead If You Could

TimothyBFan
09-10-2012, 10:21 AM
This link was on another music board I belong to where we are having a nice conversation about it. Thought it would be interesting to see who we'd all bring back if we could.

http://www.thisdayinmusic.com/pages/stairway_to_heaven

I voted "other" for Benjamin Orr of The Cars and Brian Connolly & Mick Tucker of Sweet but of course I would want to see Freddie Mercury, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jim Morrison, Jon Bonham, etc... back also.

VAisForEagleLovers
09-10-2012, 10:29 AM
Definitely Elvis. Assuming he's really dead. I've heard rumors he isn't :grin:

Seriously, one more live performance, one more movie, one more anything from Elvis would be perfect.

prayfordaylight
09-10-2012, 11:08 AM
Keith Moon would probably top my list. I saw The Who several times with Entwistle but Moonie died before I was born.

TimothyBFan
09-10-2012, 11:08 AM
Definitely Elvis. Assuming he's really dead. I've heard rumors he isn't :grin:

Seriously, one more live performance, one more movie, one more anything from Elvis would be perfect.

:hilarious: I've heard he hangs out at a Mc Donald's somewhere in Michigan, isn't it? With Jim Morrison and Janis Joplin!!

Troubadour
09-10-2012, 12:32 PM
Levon Helm, Rick Danko, Richard Manuel and Gram Parsons would be my top picks. I love them all so much. John Lennon would be next.

I would love to see what else Janis Joplin, Judee Sill and Eva Cassidy would have done, too. Incredible voices.

sodascouts
09-10-2012, 02:44 PM
I don't know. It's hard for me to argue that any one person is more worthy to live than another, even for something light like this.

Troubadour
09-10-2012, 02:46 PM
Perhaps think of it as "Which musician, no longer living, would you most like to have seen in concert?" That's essentially it!

Topkat
09-10-2012, 03:04 PM
I think the ones I would have loved to have seen would have to be HENDRIX , JANIS JOPLIN, JOHN LENNON, STEVIE RAY VAUGHN & JIM MORRISON..... I have never seen any of them...

Who would I like to bring back.......NO Question KEITH MOON, GEORGE HARRISON, & STEVE MARRIOTT...I had seen all of them in the 70's & wish they were still around to see again.

zeldabjr
09-10-2012, 03:05 PM
I think I would have to say Frank Sinatra

Tiffanny Twisted
09-10-2012, 07:50 PM
Ok.....my first thought was ELvis (Va great minds think a like)

I love Elvis even if people think its Hooky.lol always have. (The wonder of you and Cant help falling in love give me chills everytime) Would have been nice to see him but I think I was born too late.

George Harrison....would love to have seen him in person. tremendous talent aside from the beatles.

Billy Preston. Him too.

I have been blessed to see a lot of talent in my life and I am greatful everytime I see a legend.(BBKIng, Eric Clapton, Steve Winwood,Bruce Springsteen and the list goes on and on.)

Everytime we someone, I say to JAHH....you never know god only knows if they will be here next year or you or me....thats my line and I am sticking with it.

Freypower
09-10-2012, 07:54 PM
John Lennon
George Harrison
Freddie Mercury
John Bonham

Brooke
09-11-2012, 09:53 AM
My first thought was Elvis too. Just such a waste of that talent for him to have died so young.

Next would be Gram Parsons. I wonder what he would think of country music today?

Prettymaid
09-11-2012, 10:30 AM
Lennon and Harrison so I could see a Beatles reunion. ;-)

John Denver
Jim Croce
Karen Carpenter

This thread makes me sad, not only for those we've lost, but for those we will be losing in the next 10-20 years. :-(

sodascouts
09-11-2012, 03:25 PM
Putting in the light of Troub's statement...

Whitney Houston. Yeah, her voice wasn't what it once was when she died and you could argue her career had wound down by then, but she was so amazing when she nailed it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b68AkJtjdPs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvPYXHM94DQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS4v431Mlak

Plus, I was just watching The Bodyguard the other night and thinking how I couldn't believe she was gone.

Tiffanny Twisted
09-11-2012, 08:03 PM
I shoulda said Jim Croce too.

I remeber when he died like it was yesterday.:worried:

Ive always been a dreamer
09-11-2012, 10:07 PM
For me, the first name that came to my mind when I read the title of this topic was John Lennon. I would also add George Harrison and Elvis to round out my top three. Of course, there are many others some of who are not even on the list.

WalshFan88
09-12-2012, 05:30 AM
Too hard to pick one.

My choices:

Ronnie Van Zant
George Harrison
John Lennon
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Jimi Hendrix
Allen Collins
Steve Gaines
Mike Bloomfield
Bon Scott
John Bonham

Tiffanny Twisted
09-17-2012, 10:26 PM
austin,
nice list. yes it is hard to pick just one.
kinda like eating a potato chip. lol
cant pick just one.

tt:)

thelongrun
09-25-2012, 03:08 PM
Mr. Daniel Fogelberg ;)

Tiffanny Twisted
09-25-2012, 06:39 PM
OMG --how could I have forgotten to put him on my list.
Such a class guy and gentle soul and I miss him everyday.

god Bless Dan Fogelberg

SallyGee
09-25-2012, 08:32 PM
John Lennon
George Harrison
John Denver
Jim Croce
Dan Fogelberg
Harry Chapin

Tiffanny Twisted
09-26-2012, 11:54 AM
Shoot I forgot harry chapin, too

He was awsome. I saw him so many times live in concert.

I saw him two months before he died and I have my picture with him.He was so cool. and all the work he did for charity...world hunger year.

just a great musician.

someties I think that some peoples light burns and shines just a little too brightly and thats why they arent with us long.....

Thank god they leave behind beautiful memories for us to enjoy.

tt

lizzyplays
09-27-2012, 06:05 AM
Too hard to pick one.

My choices:

Ronnie Van Zant
George Harrison
John Lennon
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Jimi Hendrix
Allen Collins
Steve Gaines
Mike Bloomfield
Bon Scott
John Bonham

I'm stealing Austin's list because he's obviously my child from another life... and I'll add a few more to that list...

Janice Joplin
Jim Croce
Freddie Mercury
Kurt Cobain
Elvis
Robin Gibb
Brian Connolly
Tupac Shakur (some may think that's an odd choice, but I think he was brilliant and underneath all that gangster bravado, he had something to give to the world and left way too soon)

and my number one without a doubt:

Jim Morrison

Freypower
09-27-2012, 06:29 PM
Of course I would bring back Maurice & Robin Gibb. How could I have forgotten them?!

Tiffanny Twisted
09-27-2012, 07:10 PM
AAH...another good choice.
HArd to believe that they are gone.
LOve it or hate it disco was so apart of our lives.
(GOODness I remember going "clubbing" before I met and married JAHH.Lol

And how about DOnna Summer...god she could sing.
I heard "enough is enough is enough" by her and barbara streisand today on the radio and it was so funny cause another gal at work and I were singing it at the top of our lungs.....

Wow...I was younger and thinner and thinner..wait I said that already......
oh just jogging down memorie lane....:partytime:

Freypower
09-27-2012, 07:12 PM
Not that it matters, but there was a great deal more to the Bee Gees than 'disco'. :eyebrow:

Tiffanny Twisted
09-27-2012, 07:22 PM
Yes, Fp...you are right. But that was the first thing that poped in to my mind. I loved that soundtrack and all the great music they wrote on the soundtrack.

Sorry if my trip down memeory lane distrubed you...wasnt my intent.:worried:

tt

Ps At least I didnn't remember them for St Peppers LOney Hearts club band movie>

Freypower
09-27-2012, 07:30 PM
Yes, Fp...you are right. But that was the first thing that poped in to my mind. I loved that soundtrack and all the great music they wrote on the soundtrack.

Sorry if my trip down memeory lane distrubed you...wasnt my intent.:worried:

tt

Ps At least I didnn't remember them for St Peppers LOney Hearts club band movie>

True.

On my husband's behalf I would also mention Frank Zappa and Jon Lord (and Tommy Bolin), and I think a couple of the great black artists who are no longer with us; Marvin Gaye, Ray Charles & Jimi Hendrix. David Ruffin of the Temptations, Florence Ballard of the Supremes, Wilson Pickett, James Brown.

Tiffanny Twisted
09-27-2012, 07:35 PM
Yes Mame good choices...Hard to believe MArvin Gaye is gone a long time now.

VAisForEagleLovers
09-27-2012, 08:39 PM
Not that it matters, but there was a great deal more to the Bee Gees than 'disco'. :eyebrow:

I have one of their 'pre-disco' albums on vinyl. I forget the name of it, though. BeeGees were the second concert I ever went to (Seger was the first).

lizzyplays
09-27-2012, 10:43 PM
Of course I would bring back Maurice & Robin Gibb. How could I have forgotten them?!

Ugh, forgot Maurice!! Forgive me!

EaglesKiwi
09-28-2012, 05:19 AM
If I could only pick one, it would be Roy Orbison. Passionate. Vulnerable. Magnificent.

I am listening to "She's a Mystery to Me" while typing this...

Outlawman13
02-25-2013, 01:43 AM
Mine would actually be three (LOL yeah try to narrow it down): Ben Orr, Jim Morrison, and John Lennon. I love all of their voices and music. LOL. I'm more of the hippie chick if you ask me.

TimothyBFan
02-25-2013, 09:29 AM
Mine would actually be three (LOL yeah try to narrow it down): Ben Orr, Jim Morrison, and John Lennon. I love all of their voices and music. LOL. I'm more of the hippie chick if you ask me.

OMG!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!! My beautiful Benjamin!!!! I'm known around here as the Cars/Benjamin Orr girl!! We have a whole thread for The Cars and I would LOVE to hear from another fellow Benjamin fan. I can't tell you how much I love and miss him.

Outlawman13
02-25-2013, 01:50 PM
LOL well now that makes two Cars/Ben Orr chicks. I love and miss him as well. OHHHH the things I miss about him. Too be honest, I don't think the world is complete without him. That beautiful face, that smile, the voice. His Lace c.d. is just purely incredible. One of his rareities is Do You Know What It Feels Like Without You? If only he knew.

Troubadour
02-25-2013, 04:46 PM
Uh oh... I foresee a lot more Benjamin talk around The Border in the near future! :lol: :thumbsup:

Outlawman13
02-25-2013, 06:32 PM
OHHHH yes ladies. Watch out for that. LOL. Glenn Frey and Ben Orr talking by me. LOL Both of them are my favvie singers. Stay the Night is one of my favvie songs ever.

Glennsallnighter
12-08-2016, 08:14 AM
Was browsing this forum today and came across the thread.
No competition here
Glenn :heart: of course

GlennLover
12-08-2016, 08:17 AM
Was browsing this forum today and came across the thread.
No competition here
Glenn :heart: of course

Of course! :heart: :cry::weep::weep::weep:

Brooke
12-08-2016, 11:01 AM
Yes! :cry:

Freypower
12-08-2016, 06:04 PM
:sigh: :sigh: :sigh:

And David Bowie, Prince, Keith Emerson, Leonard Cohen & now Greg Lake.

I guess country fans would want Merle Haggard.

NightMistBlue
12-15-2016, 10:34 AM
Merle lived to a good old age. I'd think many country fans would want Hank Williams, Sr. and Patsy Cline - gifted folk who died much too young.

There are so many rock and pop people who died too young: Buddy Holly, Jim Morrison, Carl Wilson - to name just a few.

LovinGlennGirl
12-15-2016, 08:45 PM
Only Glenn :cry:

Witchy Woman
12-15-2016, 09:31 PM
Honestly, nobody. They made their mark in the world, and now that time has ended. There is plenty of wonderful music, movies, and whatever else to remember them by.