PDA

View Full Version : Would you participate in an "After Hours" Survivor?

sodascouts
09-16-2012, 11:55 PM
I was thinking of doing a Survivor for After Hours but since it's still relatively new, I wanted to make sure that enough people feel familiar enough with the album to play. Hence - this poll! It will close after a week.

Freypower
09-16-2012, 11:56 PM
Do you have to ask, Soda?!

If it happens it will be the most difficult Survivor game I have ever played. :grooving: :hmm:

whitcap
09-17-2012, 12:17 AM
I'll play. I'm always up for survivor :)

Koala
09-17-2012, 12:36 AM
Of course! I think this album would be a very interesting Survivor Game!

zeldabjr
09-17-2012, 12:43 AM
I think any Survivor game would be great.

VAisForEagleLovers
09-17-2012, 08:39 AM
I could not possibly vote anything from this album 'off the island'! I have my two favorites, but the rest change very frequently.

Brooke
09-17-2012, 09:08 AM
I love Survivor too and I'm in!

Glennsallnighter
09-17-2012, 11:00 AM
Absolutely I would! I think we mentioned this idea in Dublin last June, did we Soda. I love survivors anyway. This one will be difficult though!

sodascouts
09-17-2012, 11:10 AM
Yes we did, GA, and with such a positive response it looks like we'll be scheduling it soon!

Freypower
09-17-2012, 05:11 PM
We also talked about it in LA in May.

Henley Honey
09-17-2012, 05:21 PM
Count me in too!

sodascouts
09-17-2012, 05:37 PM
We also talked about it in LA in May.

That's right. I've been wanting to do this for a while!

Grey Sadler
09-17-2012, 10:55 PM
Survivor game? What's the rules?? :shrug:

Freypower
09-17-2012, 10:57 PM
Survivor game? What's the rules?? :shrug:

The rules are at the start of this thread, which is the most recent we've played.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3795

Grey Sadler
09-17-2012, 11:06 PM
OK, but I'm with VK, I can't think of a song I would let get voted off!! :hilarious:

Glennsallnighter
09-18-2012, 03:53 AM
Yes I remember that too FP.

Looking forward to it everybody!

GlennLover
09-18-2012, 11:51 AM
Absolutely! I was thinking that it would be a good idea to have an AF Survivor while the album is relatively new so we can compare results if another AF Survivor is held later on. I think that the results could be very interesting.

That being said, I agree that this will be my hardest Survivor ever, as is the case with some of the others who have posted in this thread, I would have a hard time voting off any song. I can't even decide on only one favorite song!

As for being familiar enough with it, I don't think I have listened to it enough times yet to be able to properly play the game. :hilarious: :wink: :wink: :wink: :lie::lie::lie: I guess I will have to listen a few hundred more times before the voting begins!

VAisForEagleLovers
09-18-2012, 12:07 PM
I don't even read the survivor threads! It hurts my eyes and heart to see the negative comments made on a great song as people try to get it voted off. I realize the intent and that over all, it's being said that a given song is the weakest of several great songs, which isn't a bad thing. I'm just bombarded everywhere with negative things being said about the things I love and care about. I don't need to see more of it!

GlennLover
09-18-2012, 12:15 PM
I can see where you're coming from VA. :)

sodascouts
09-18-2012, 12:56 PM
Actually, there are many positive things said, too. It's not always "let me trash this song so you vote it off." It's also "Let me praise this one so you keep it."

I don't even read the survivor threads!

If you did, maybe you'd see what I'm talking about. The negative is there, but it exists alongside the positive.

However, I certainly understand that if someone is upset by reading anything negative about any song that person enjoys, these games would not be fun for him/her.

VAisForEagleLovers
09-18-2012, 01:20 PM
Actually, there are many positive things said, too. It's not always "let me trash this song so you vote it off." It's also "Let me praise this one so you keep it."

If you did, maybe you'd see what I'm talking about. The negative is there, but it exists alongside the positive. However, I can understand that if someone is highly upset by reading anything negative about any song that person enjoys, these games would not be fun for him/her.

I have read enough of them to see the comments and to know it's not for me (I seldom have strong opinions about things I know nothing about). I did see plenty of positive comments as well, but the last game I tried to follow was for one of Glenn's greatest hits collections, and after about page 3 I had to stop. I wouldn't say I was highly upset by anything I read, but my time is very limited and I need to pick and choose carefully.

Freypower
09-18-2012, 05:30 PM
I look at it this way; even if there is some negativity it won't change my own mind about songs.

sodascouts
09-20-2012, 12:37 AM
Alright, guys, it's official!

After Hours Survivor will start on Monday, Sept. 24, at 8:00 pm Eastern time.

Get out those CDs and start getting ready! And if you don't have one, get one (http://glennfreyafterhours.com/store/product/after-hours-cd)!

zeldabjr
09-20-2012, 01:04 AM
OH can't wait....I'm looking forward to it...this will be easier for me than the Timothy one was!

EaglesKiwi
09-20-2012, 05:28 AM
I've got the CD in the player in my car, to get several days listening in before the game starts!

Brooke
09-20-2012, 09:42 AM
Whatever people say about the songs, it's just a game and I don't take it to heart. They won't change my mind about how much I love a certain song.

Now, this isn't my favorite type of music, but I certainly can appreciate what a fabulous job Glenn does on it and it's so sweet that he did it for his parents.

Alan Jackson did a cd of hymns for his mother a few years ago and it's also really done well too.

VAisForEagleLovers
09-20-2012, 10:35 AM
Alan Jackson did a cd of hymns for his mother a few years ago and it's also really done well too.

It's a favorite of mine as well.

I listened to AH again yesterday as I ran a bunch of errands. Again, my favorite songs (except for the top two) completely changed from the last time I listened to it. I can't even say it's mood dependent, since my mood was about the same as last time. Anyway, I hope the game is fun and interesting!

Ive always been a dreamer
09-20-2012, 11:13 AM
I'm pretty much with you, Brooke. Plus, what I find in the Survivor games is usually even if someone says something negative about a song, it is usually with the caveat that 'it's not a bad song - I just like this other one better'. More often than not, folks may say something positive about a song that I hadn't thought of before. Either way - I like the idea of expressing different viewpoints about the band's songs, which helps us all have more informed opinions. :thumbsup:

Glennsallnighter
09-20-2012, 05:24 PM
Alright, guys, it's official!

After Hours Survivor will start on Monday, Sept. 24, at 8:00 pm Eastern time.

Get out those CDs and start getting ready! And if you don't have one, get one (http://glennfreyafterhours.com/store/product/after-hours-cd)!

I haven't actually put mine away since May! Its been in my car all summer. I'll definitely love this although as others have said, after my first few favourites it will be so hard to start eliminating them!

Freypower
09-20-2012, 06:46 PM
Taking the emotion out of it will be the hard part.

I haven't even tried to sort out my order of preference for most of the songs. I have one song which stands out a mile & I love all the others. All I have done is change the song I wish to see eliminated second.

whitcap
09-20-2012, 08:59 PM
I'm making my list now :) Out of curiosity, are we using the standard edition or the deluxe edition for this game?

Freypower
09-20-2012, 09:17 PM
I can't speak for Soda or Dreamer but surely it would be the deluxe version.

sodascouts
09-21-2012, 04:47 AM
Yes, we're using the deluxe edition.

whitcap
09-21-2012, 12:34 PM
Okay. Just making sure :)